Unapologetic - Miami, FL

I have been wanting to do the bbl for about 10...

I have been wanting to do the bbl for about 10 years when the procedure first came out around 2005, but the Drs. in NYC that were doing bbls were not impressive. I ended up going to grad school and later the economy took its toll on me. I was laid off so many times and I finally got a steady job last year so I'm finally ready and excited yet nervous! I am going through a transition in my life as far as ending negative friendships and starting to date again after numerous heartbreaks so my only emotional support system is a few family members which I'm grateful for.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to decide between Dr. Salzhauer, Dr. Hasan, and Dr. Fisher. It seems like Fisher and Hasan's prices are closer to my budget. I have seen that Hasan will make an obese woman's stomach look tiny-he's amazing! but I'm a little worried because Hasan is not board certified plastic surgeon although its legal for him to perform cosmetic surgery in Florida. All 3 doctors are amazing!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Coworkers . . . What will they think?

I have been worrying abt my coworkers opinions and feel kinda nervous abt how they will react to my bbl. I'm def not telling them but I know I have bold coworkers. It's funny how we want the surgery to feel good abt ourselves or our body parts but we allow others to determine our happiness. But I live by the motto of treating others the way I want to be treated. So I respect ppls privacy so ppl better respect my privacy bcuz I will tell ppl boldface lies even if it's obvious if I feel I need to protect my privacy. So ladies please tell me how u feel or dealt with nosy, critical coworkers.

Other ppls opinion shouldn't matter! Ur decision shouldn't be based on other ppls opinions. Gd luck:-)
Thanks hun! I agree, I'm done caring abt others opinions. I have to make myself happy! good luck on ur journey! I see ur sx is coming up soon, I'm right after u. will be posted pics as well.
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Have you already had consultations with any of the doctors you're considering?

You should check out the BBL Guides and BBL Forum, while you're preparing. There's some very useful info in there.

Please do keep us updated with your progress and let us know how you get on!

Was Dr. Fisher the right choice? may switch to Dr. Salzhauer

I'm seeing some recent reviews from other rs dolls saying they don't like their results. Mostly from dolls who weren't looking for enormous booties like me. I did notice that some dolls had "high" butts but I thought it was bcuz they wanted enormous butts. Some ppl are saying it will settle. I do think chineseassasin looks nice though she seems to be dissatisfied. I don't see the high butt in her pics tho. I'm starting to think I should pay more and go to Dr. Salzhauer. That was my original ps he just costs like $2k more and I feel that dr. Fisher is lipos the abs and lower back more for less money. Problem is that I already paid Vanity, don't know if I could get a refund now.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm calm now and feel that I made the right choice

I was concerned abt my choice after reading other fisher dolls who were desiring not so big butts, but after their respective surgeries, they got more booty than expected. Although I love Dr. salz, I feel like dr. Fisher is the best choice for my bbl.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Officially a Fisher Doll!

I didn't clarify in my last few post that I am officially a Fisher doll

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Oooo, Look at this body, I work out! LMFAO!

here are some pics of my sexy bod (sarcastic). I am 5'8"-ish and weigh 163 lbs. For years, I did all types of exercises like weight machines and squats with weights because I thought it would make my butt bigger. but from my experience, exercises will make ur butt muscles firmer and maybe give a little more roundness, but it won't SIGNIFICANTLY increase the size, at least it wont give me my desired size. maybe some of u can relate! years ago, I mentioned that I wanted to do this surgery to some friends and most tried to talk me out of it and told me to "just do squats". it's funny because, years later, one friend tells me that she plans to go to DR for bbl surgery (dont know Dr's name tho) and wanted to me to have surgery with her, but I didnt go bcuz I dont want to have surgery outside the USA. I'm hyped about this surgery!

Wish Pics

As you can see Draya Michele is in most of my wish pics. I love her shape! I dont want a ba-donk-a-donk, just want more fullness, roundness, and little more projection

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pics of booties I admire, but think may be too big or unnatural on me

I Thought The Same Thing At First Of Course They Will See A Huge Difference But Idc (: ! I Want A Big Booty Too Why Not Lol And I Have Looked At Almost All His Reviews And Pictures And I Honestly Can't Wait!! You Will Look Great Don't Worry (:
Girl, thank you for sharing your story with us, and don't worry about what the co-workers might say or think about you at the end of the day you are doing this for YOU because this will make you very happy. You are gonna look FABULOUS!! and the one that have something negative to say is because they are hating so don't pay them no mind just go and brush your shoulders off. And btw dont be surprise that some of them will follow you. xoxo!
Thanks love! You're right, I'm kinda anticipating that too, lol

Beyonce VMAs-Girl got Hips for days!

And her butt looked fab on tonight on the VMAs. Wonder if she got a bbl lol!

Lol at the beyonce vma post! It has made my night thanks for sharing your story with us girlie!
Lol ur welcome! Thank you as well!
Hey girl i might be there in October as well. I might go with Hassan

New Wishpics

When's your sx date?
Hey it's October 14th! Around the corner :)

Nervous and ecstatic at the same damn time!

I can't believe that I have a little over 5 weeks before sx. I'm ecstatic especially when I see other rs members who recently had sx and they look great! I believe that my surgery will b a success by God's grace, but I am kinda nervous that my butt will be enormous! To me I don't want anything bigger than Jennifer Lopez, but I must admit I have occasional booty greed lol! I wonder if A booty like Bernice Burgos would look natural on me lol. She looks amazing!

Hi love I'm new to rs and I read your comment and I just had to comment. You should look Dr hasan up on the Miami herald. It states a woman died this year after getting a bbl done by him. He is not certified as a ps. I was thinking about getting my bbl done with him until my friend told me.

Supplies so far

So far I bought the following products (still have a long way to go):

band-aids (assorted sizes)
Mederma night repair
Mederma scar gel
Medical tape for gauze
Brita portable wAter filter bottle
Iron 325mg
Vitamin C 500mg (2 pills per day)
Benadryl
I also bought these pills called "Legatrim PM", they were on sale at Walgreens. I did research and they are pain killers specifically for the lower body. I will still buy good ole Motrin or Advil pm just hoping to catch some sales lol. Walgreens also has a product named Dermend that has arnica in it and is made specifically for bruises. It's $30 though so I need to do more research to c if it's worth the investment.

I have a long way to go. I also bought some skirts for work for post bbl. I had surgery b4 so I expect my weight to go up by 5-10 lbs due to swelling and water retention. Also I anticipate that I might have a high booty during the first two weeks and I am only taking off one week so I need to cover up the high booty somewhat to its settles and looks more natural. Once my orders arrive, I will post pics.

Omg 1 day before my birthday! I hope you well & enjoy the ride :)
Yea girl im going to the Dominican Republic with Dr Baez

Lia from Vanity

I just wanted to give a quick review about my interactions/dealings with Vanity up to this point. My coordinator is Lia and she is absolutely fabulous! She has been extremely helpful and goes above and beyond to assist me especially with the million & one questions that I have. She is also prompt in replying to my emails & calls. I have read other posts about horrible experiences with Vanity and I'm not sure if Vanity changed staff or have simply improved customer service but I haven't had any issues with Vanity and am grateful to have Lia as a coordinator. It makes the experience so much better especially because I am an out of state patient.

With this sx, you should do some research on your own and figure out what works for you. For instance, renting a condo vs. staying at a hotel, going alone vs bring someone vs. having a caretaker for several days. Make sure that you are somewhat armed with knowledge about the procedure. I feel like I'm running out of time because there is so much more research I need to find to prepare for my sx. This experience is pretty demanding but I believe it will be worth it in the end! :)

Good luck to you all with your research and all of ur individual journeys!

P.S. I have paid my entire balance and Vanity's customer service did not decline or stop after Vanity received my money.

Hey doll, I'm going to vanity too with Dr. Fisher 18Dec. Jessica is my coordinator. I'm paid in full too and so far still good customer service. I think I M going to tell Fisher to just do his thang and make it plump, mainly bc I hear you'll lose 50% and bc is don't want a round 2!
Thank you! I will keep you posted throughout the ride :) I hope that your ride goes well throughout! I hope that u enjoy ur birthday (I know I'm early), and it's on Columbus Day! My coordinator from vanity told me that it's busy in Miami on Columbus Day week because of carnival. That's why I had to book everything early. If ur sx is right before that time, u could party up soon b4 ur sx. I c from ur blog that ur having sx in October also, YAY! It's right around the corner!

So I went to the Gym yesterday . . .

just trying to maintain my weight for this surgery, not trying to lose anything. I couldn't help but notice some of the women who were putting in work on the Smith machine and doing walking lunges with 50 lb weights. they had booties like mine - small and shapeless, lol, and I'm sure they were aiming to at least round out their booties. I felt like giving them Dr. fisher's info and saying stop wasting time, lol. Not knockin' them, Just reminiscing because I used to do all those deadlifts, lunges, and squats, and would be so frustrated because I didn't get the results that I wanted even though I was putting in the work. This post is not to bash these women, just mentioning them because I remember doing exactly what they were doing, wish I did this sx long time ago though. Glad I finally just decided to do this! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

More supplies, Xtra unforeseen expense lol!

ok so I bought more supplies this weekend (these supplies can get expensive, geez). I would say I got about 75% of my supplies right now. I decided to hold off on getting some supplies until I reach Miami. I am arriving into Mia one day before sx so I book a rental car only for that day. I plan to go straight to Walmart from the airport and pick up the remaining supplies. I dont want my luggage to be too heavy (plus TSA will be lookin at me sideways like wtf?! lol) and I am ok with discarding some items on my way back home (like slippers). Also some of the supplies will remain home such as Mederma because it cant b used on open wounds I believe, so neosporin, bandages, and gauze should work for the week that I'm in MIA.

Supplies that I bought this weekend:
-Men's "Wifebeater" tank tops in small (so they could fit snug; "wife-beaters", where the bleep did this name come from, lmfao! I guess men use to have them on when beating their wives?? dunno! anyways, will wear under my garment)
-Compression socks
-Socks (regular)
-Arnica gel
-Advil PM
-Sports bra (3 pack for $12)
-2 Throw Pillows (for my office chair, will put under my legs along with boppy pillow)
-Q-tips
-Cotton Balls (for belly button)
-headbands (to hold drains while showering, will cut at least two in half so I can use them to tie down the drains)
-Dermend (bruise cream)
-Roll on deodorant (still debating if I want to do arm lipo so just in case my arm area will be sore, need something that will glide on)
-Gauze Pads
-Boy shorts
-baby wipes (180 count, hope this is enough)

Also I already bought maxi dresses for $3 each on sale, Yaasss, hunny, $3 in NYC! Summer is ending so they have to get rid of the summer stock now. of course I didnt go to a big name store, gotta go to those small stores or like charlotte russe. I just want to get one more from a certain store, but I'm waiting for the price to drop because it will since the season is changing.

What I will buy while in Miami before sx:
-Boppy pillow
-shower slippers (may pick up before travel if find great deal)
-anti-bacterial soap
-anti-itch spray
-cleaning solution for wounds
-pads (still not sure why this is needed but several rs members say they use them for other than the obvious lol)
-dark sheets/towels
-robe
-Moo-Moo nightgown (ha-ha, Moo-moo! where did this name come from!)
-small bottle of detergent (or may bring some powdered detergent from home)

What I will most likely buy this week from online
Lipo foams (Vanity supplies this with recovery house pkg, but another member said they told her to buy xtras for her sides and I heard its more at vanity so just in case)
Vedette 929
Arnica pills (I hope my liver and kidneys will be ok with all these pills, dont forget abt prescriptions)
Mederma STRETCH Mark formula (for new booty)
(still debating about silicone sheets because I hear they work, but u cant use any other product with them so not scar gels like mederma or neosporin, dunno yet)

btw, I typed "BBL Supplies" in the search bar and found a post that said to look at these two rs members blogs to see what supplies are needed. here are their names:

Cris777
Foreverbooty Part 1
Foreverbooty Part 2

Good luck!! You're definately more than prepared with your supplies. I bet the time is passing by so slowly. Also, don't worry about what your coworkers think. If you're happy, that's all that really matters. If they ask just say I've been doing squats for years, and it's FINALLY paid off. Lololol
Lol. Thanks! Yes, I'm excited! I just want to have little or no issues when I get there :) thanks re: what u said abt co-workers. I work at a really conservative place so I am worried, but I will eventually get over it. Ppl will talk regardless, but I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me :)
Good luck to u as well on ur journey. R u considering a bbl as well?

officially one month before surgery

Its getting closer. Just ready to get it over with lol. Still have to visit my doctor for labs and pick up a few more things. It'll b here b4 I know it :)

Just came across your Review! ! Best of luck on your sx! I can't wait to see your results! I'll be heading to fisher in the spring! I'm so excited for you!
Thanks sweetie. I made it through! I will be posting soon
2 more days!!! Owwwee!!! Lol Have a safe flight n sx n keep us updated! Your gonna look great!!!

1 day post op

first, thanks to everyone for support and well wishes. The sx went well thank God and I'm happy that I made it through.

I had arrived in Miami one day before sx on an early flight and I rented a car so that I can pick up food and other things that I didn't want to pack in my luggage. I have the recovery house package, but when I got it, I was supposed to b staying at the extended stay because there was some renovation or whatever at the house, but later was told that I would be staying at the recovery house. Well what had happened was a patient who was supposed to be checking out that day decided to stay longer so I ended up at the extended stay. The hotel is good and it has a refrigerator and freezer, microwave, stove top, but no oven. You can request pots, cutlery, cutting board, etc. from the front desk. There is a laundry room, but you of course must pay to use the machine and bring ur own detergent because it's not sold here. There are a few places that deliver food and if u have a car, many restaurants such as red lobster, tony Roma's, etc also Walmart is 5 mins away and it's located in a shopping for with tj maxx and other stores.

I picked up my rental from the airport and drove straight to vanity. Btw, the rh coordinator told me that sometimes the decision to put a patient in the hotel or house may depends on ur pre sx appt. for instance, if u go to ur pre sx appt and ur lab results shows something that will caused u to postpone ur sx, such as low iron, etc., u likely will stay in the hotel while u wait for whatever to improve. Anyway, I went straight to vanity and, filled out my paperwork. I didn't see dr. Fisher because he was in sx and I didn't want to wait 2 hours so i headed to Walmart. The things that I bought that I found to be most helpful was an extra firm pillow, 2 dark towels, and of course food lol. I bought flexible straws and paper cups while at home and I found these to be the most helpful so far. I cooked curry chicken the night before sx, later to find out that my food was too spicy and that I should eat grilled chicken, soup, etc immediately after sx :(

On sx day, I met dr. Fisher who is really funny, nice, and honest. His staff including the anesthesiologist were really cool.

I woke up from my sx laying on my butt/back pretty much gasping for air bcuz I felt like I couldn't breath. I told the nurse and she told me I was ok and I realized that I was hooked up to a machine so I knew she was monitoring me and that she was right. I just started breathing deeply like someone dropped me in the mid of the ocean, I literally felt like I was gasping for air. Ladies if this happens to u, try to remain calm and breath deeply even if u have to be loud. I also was in so much pain esp bcuz I was on my butt. I asked the nurse to turn me around, she put on my garment and I flipped over. I'm not gonna lie, the pain is excruciating! I'm sure u have heard this already but if I knew it was that painful, I wouldn't have had the sx. I asked the nurse for pain mess and she said she already gave me some, I laughed out loud bcuz I was amazed that I could b in so much pain and have received meds. I found that another patient who was hollering abt her pain got extra pain meds, I kinda wish that I did that so I could get a higher dosage of meds lol. I noticed that my breathing got better when I laid on my stomach. Eventually my breathing got better, but I was shivering from being cold. The nurse gave me a blanket but it did nothing. So she put a"warmer" as she called it on me, and it blew hot air on me. It made things so much better even tho it took me abt an hour under the warmer to completely stop shivering. Also, the clinic bed is really uncomfortable.

I was lightheaded when I stood up but kept my head downward and it made it feel better. I was driven back to the hotel, laying on my stomach in the backseat. The driver was nice and drove slowly so I didn't feel pain going over bumps in the road. Got back to hotel and the caregiver was waiting for me outside. She was really sweet, but she only spoke Spanish. At first, communication was difficult but I googled "English to Spanish translation paragraph" and found a site that translates paragraphs rather than sentences only. The nurse came by and she spoke English so things got better.

I took my pain meds at home. It felt much better taking my meds and I still wonder if the nurse forgot to give me meds bcuz I would think the clinic meds would be stronger than the prescription.

I ate and drank lots of Gatorade and water. I used medium size paper cups to pee in like I'm taking a lab test and to empty my drain. I rather paper cups than bending bcuz it's painful to bend. I put my pillow under my belly and it's very comfortable. The hardest thing is getting in and out of bed because even tho I use my arms to lift up, my abs and back are engaged, and these areas are so sore. Every hour, I get up to walk around my room for 10 mins. I will post pics in the next post

The nurse left at 6am, and although the nurse and caretaker were very helpful, I feel comfortable being alone. I had my first massage today and I have so much fluid in my abdomen area.

I hear that the pain gets better after day 3-4 so I'm hoping that it will improve.

Some post op pics

I don't know how many cc he put and I don't have my post op measurements, just pre-op which I will post when I get home. I am 5'8 and weight 167lbs. I will post more pics in the future.

Omg I'm sooo happy for you girly!!! Congrats :)
Thanks! You'll be here soon. Your new date is right around the corner
Have you gotten in and out of you're garment yet? It took me so long and i cried bcuz i couldn't do it...but my hubby had to yank it up...boy that was painful. Did u havea massage yet? That was also a disaster for me... and she doesn't put back on your socks and garment. .i had an hour long ride home in pain from marian at medical massage professionals. .. dreading going back at 8 am. Are you still draining?

finally took off the garment

And I see more results more clearly. My booty looks way bigger than it looks in the garment. Will post pics soon.

omg u look amazing but that is y i love Fisher i cant wait till its my turn i consult on 11/11/14. ps ur co workers r gonna hate big time but congrats
Thanks! I will post more pics soon. Between the poor lighting in my room and the pain, its kinda difficult, but I will post better pics. I'm very satisfied with Fisher :)

Vets, please help!

Today I had a massage and the masseuse told me to lie on my back so she could massage my stomach. She put a pillow under my back and I tried really hard to keep my booty from touching the massage bed but at times my butt was lightly against the bed. Vets, Please tell me if this is how u got any of ur massages. Just wanted to know if this is normal. I'm paranoid that my booty will go down because of this.

Who's doing your massage n where at?
Noooooo, you stand while she does ur stomach
Congrats on your bbl and wishing you a fast recovery! Looking forward to your updates
Miami Plastic Surgeon

While visiting vanity one day before sx and after sx, I haven't had any issues with wait times. Also, vanity staff have been good with contacting me after sx to make sure I know about and make my appointments. Staff members have even called me to see how I'm doing post op.