Unapologetic - Miami, FL

I have been wanting to do the bbl for about 10...

I have been wanting to do the bbl for about 10 years when the procedure first came out around 2005, but the Drs. in NYC that were doing bbls were not impressive. I ended up going to grad school and later the economy took its toll on me. I was laid off so many times and I finally got a steady job last year so I'm finally ready and excited yet nervous! I am going through a transition in my life as far as ending negative friendships and starting to date again after numerous heartbreaks so my only emotional support system is a few family members which I'm grateful for.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to decide between Dr. Salzhauer, Dr. Hasan, and Dr. Fisher. It seems like Fisher and Hasan's prices are closer to my budget. I have seen that Hasan will make an obese woman's stomach look tiny-he's amazing! but I'm a little worried because Hasan is not board certified plastic surgeon although its legal for him to perform cosmetic surgery in Florida. All 3 doctors are amazing!

Coworkers . . . What will they think?

I have been worrying abt my coworkers opinions and feel kinda nervous abt how they will react to my bbl. I'm def not telling them but I know I have bold coworkers. It's funny how we want the surgery to feel good abt ourselves or our body parts but we allow others to determine our happiness. But I live by the motto of treating others the way I want to be treated. So I respect ppls privacy so ppl better respect my privacy bcuz I will tell ppl boldface lies even if it's obvious if I feel I need to protect my privacy. So ladies please tell me how u feel or dealt with nosy, critical coworkers.

Was Dr. Fisher the right choice? may switch to Dr. Salzhauer

I'm seeing some recent reviews from other rs dolls saying they don't like their results. Mostly from dolls who weren't looking for enormous booties like me. I did notice that some dolls had "high" butts but I thought it was bcuz they wanted enormous butts. Some ppl are saying it will settle. I do think chineseassasin looks nice though she seems to be dissatisfied. I don't see the high butt in her pics tho. I'm starting to think I should pay more and go to Dr. Salzhauer. That was my original ps he just costs like $2k more and I feel that dr. Fisher is lipos the abs and lower back more for less money. Problem is that I already paid Vanity, don't know if I could get a refund now.

I'm calm now and feel that I made the right choice

I was concerned abt my choice after reading other fisher dolls who were desiring not so big butts, but after their respective surgeries, they got more booty than expected. Although I love Dr. salz, I feel like dr. Fisher is the best choice for my bbl.

Officially a Fisher Doll!

I didn't clarify in my last few post that I am officially a Fisher doll

Oooo, Look at this body, I work out! LMFAO!

here are some pics of my sexy bod (sarcastic). I am 5'8"-ish and weigh 163 lbs. For years, I did all types of exercises like weight machines and squats with weights because I thought it would make my butt bigger. but from my experience, exercises will make ur butt muscles firmer and maybe give a little more roundness, but it won't SIGNIFICANTLY increase the size, at least it wont give me my desired size. maybe some of u can relate! years ago, I mentioned that I wanted to do this surgery to some friends and most tried to talk me out of it and told me to "just do squats". it's funny because, years later, one friend tells me that she plans to go to DR for bbl surgery (dont know Dr's name tho) and wanted to me to have surgery with her, but I didnt go bcuz I dont want to have surgery outside the USA. I'm hyped about this surgery!

Wish Pics

As you can see Draya Michele is in most of my wish pics. I love her shape! I dont want a ba-donk-a-donk, just want more fullness, roundness, and little more projection

Pics of booties I admire, but think may be too big or unnatural on me

Beyonce VMAs-Girl got Hips for days!

And her butt looked fab on tonight on the VMAs. Wonder if she got a bbl lol!

New Wishpics

Nervous and ecstatic at the same damn time!

I can't believe that I have a little over 5 weeks before sx. I'm ecstatic especially when I see other rs members who recently had sx and they look great! I believe that my surgery will b a success by God's grace, but I am kinda nervous that my butt will be enormous! To me I don't want anything bigger than Jennifer Lopez, but I must admit I have occasional booty greed lol! I wonder if A booty like Bernice Burgos would look natural on me lol. She looks amazing!

Supplies so far

So far I bought the following products (still have a long way to go):

band-aids (assorted sizes)
Mederma night repair
Mederma scar gel
Medical tape for gauze
Brita portable wAter filter bottle
Iron 325mg
Vitamin C 500mg (2 pills per day)
Benadryl
I also bought these pills called "Legatrim PM", they were on sale at Walgreens. I did research and they are pain killers specifically for the lower body. I will still buy good ole Motrin or Advil pm just hoping to catch some sales lol. Walgreens also has a product named Dermend that has arnica in it and is made specifically for bruises. It's $30 though so I need to do more research to c if it's worth the investment.

I have a long way to go. I also bought some skirts for work for post bbl. I had surgery b4 so I expect my weight to go up by 5-10 lbs due to swelling and water retention. Also I anticipate that I might have a high booty during the first two weeks and I am only taking off one week so I need to cover up the high booty somewhat to its settles and looks more natural. Once my orders arrive, I will post pics.

Lia from Vanity

I just wanted to give a quick review about my interactions/dealings with Vanity up to this point. My coordinator is Lia and she is absolutely fabulous! She has been extremely helpful and goes above and beyond to assist me especially with the million & one questions that I have. She is also prompt in replying to my emails & calls. I have read other posts about horrible experiences with Vanity and I'm not sure if Vanity changed staff or have simply improved customer service but I haven't had any issues with Vanity and am grateful to have Lia as a coordinator. It makes the experience so much better especially because I am an out of state patient.

With this sx, you should do some research on your own and figure out what works for you. For instance, renting a condo vs. staying at a hotel, going alone vs bring someone vs. having a caretaker for several days. Make sure that you are somewhat armed with knowledge about the procedure. I feel like I'm running out of time because there is so much more research I need to find to prepare for my sx. This experience is pretty demanding but I believe it will be worth it in the end! :)

Good luck to you all with your research and all of ur individual journeys!

P.S. I have paid my entire balance and Vanity's customer service did not decline or stop after Vanity received my money.

So I went to the Gym yesterday . . .

just trying to maintain my weight for this surgery, not trying to lose anything. I couldn't help but notice some of the women who were putting in work on the Smith machine and doing walking lunges with 50 lb weights. they had booties like mine - small and shapeless, lol, and I'm sure they were aiming to at least round out their booties. I felt like giving them Dr. fisher's info and saying stop wasting time, lol. Not knockin' them, Just reminiscing because I used to do all those deadlifts, lunges, and squats, and would be so frustrated because I didn't get the results that I wanted even though I was putting in the work. This post is not to bash these women, just mentioning them because I remember doing exactly what they were doing, wish I did this sx long time ago though. Glad I finally just decided to do this! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

More supplies, Xtra unforeseen expense lol!

ok so I bought more supplies this weekend (these supplies can get expensive, geez). I would say I got about 75% of my supplies right now. I decided to hold off on getting some supplies until I reach Miami. I am arriving into Mia one day before sx so I book a rental car only for that day. I plan to go straight to Walmart from the airport and pick up the remaining supplies. I dont want my luggage to be too heavy (plus TSA will be lookin at me sideways like wtf?! lol) and I am ok with discarding some items on my way back home (like slippers). Also some of the supplies will remain home such as Mederma because it cant b used on open wounds I believe, so neosporin, bandages, and gauze should work for the week that I'm in MIA.

Supplies that I bought this weekend:
-Men's "Wifebeater" tank tops in small (so they could fit snug; "wife-beaters", where the bleep did this name come from, lmfao! I guess men use to have them on when beating their wives?? dunno! anyways, will wear under my garment)
-Compression socks
-Socks (regular)
-Arnica gel
-Advil PM
-Sports bra (3 pack for $12)
-2 Throw Pillows (for my office chair, will put under my legs along with boppy pillow)
-Q-tips
-Cotton Balls (for belly button)
-headbands (to hold drains while showering, will cut at least two in half so I can use them to tie down the drains)
-Dermend (bruise cream)
-Roll on deodorant (still debating if I want to do arm lipo so just in case my arm area will be sore, need something that will glide on)
-Gauze Pads
-Boy shorts
-baby wipes (180 count, hope this is enough)

Also I already bought maxi dresses for $3 each on sale, Yaasss, hunny, $3 in NYC! Summer is ending so they have to get rid of the summer stock now. of course I didnt go to a big name store, gotta go to those small stores or like charlotte russe. I just want to get one more from a certain store, but I'm waiting for the price to drop because it will since the season is changing.

What I will buy while in Miami before sx:
-Boppy pillow
-shower slippers (may pick up before travel if find great deal)
-anti-bacterial soap
-anti-itch spray
-cleaning solution for wounds
-pads (still not sure why this is needed but several rs members say they use them for other than the obvious lol)
-dark sheets/towels
-robe
-Moo-Moo nightgown (ha-ha, Moo-moo! where did this name come from!)
-small bottle of detergent (or may bring some powdered detergent from home)

What I will most likely buy this week from online
Lipo foams (Vanity supplies this with recovery house pkg, but another member said they told her to buy xtras for her sides and I heard its more at vanity so just in case)
Vedette 929
Arnica pills (I hope my liver and kidneys will be ok with all these pills, dont forget abt prescriptions)
Mederma STRETCH Mark formula (for new booty)
(still debating about silicone sheets because I hear they work, but u cant use any other product with them so not scar gels like mederma or neosporin, dunno yet)

btw, I typed "BBL Supplies" in the search bar and found a post that said to look at these two rs members blogs to see what supplies are needed. here are their names:

Cris777
Foreverbooty Part 1
Foreverbooty Part 2

officially one month before surgery

Its getting closer. Just ready to get it over with lol. Still have to visit my doctor for labs and pick up a few more things. It'll b here b4 I know it :)

1 day post op

first, thanks to everyone for support and well wishes. The sx went well thank God and I'm happy that I made it through.

I had arrived in Miami one day before sx on an early flight and I rented a car so that I can pick up food and other things that I didn't want to pack in my luggage. I have the recovery house package, but when I got it, I was supposed to b staying at the extended stay because there was some renovation or whatever at the house, but later was told that I would be staying at the recovery house. Well what had happened was a patient who was supposed to be checking out that day decided to stay longer so I ended up at the extended stay. The hotel is good and it has a refrigerator and freezer, microwave, stove top, but no oven. You can request pots, cutlery, cutting board, etc. from the front desk. There is a laundry room, but you of course must pay to use the machine and bring ur own detergent because it's not sold here. There are a few places that deliver food and if u have a car, many restaurants such as red lobster, tony Roma's, etc also Walmart is 5 mins away and it's located in a shopping for with tj maxx and other stores.

I picked up my rental from the airport and drove straight to vanity. Btw, the rh coordinator told me that sometimes the decision to put a patient in the hotel or house may depends on ur pre sx appt. for instance, if u go to ur pre sx appt and ur lab results shows something that will caused u to postpone ur sx, such as low iron, etc., u likely will stay in the hotel while u wait for whatever to improve. Anyway, I went straight to vanity and, filled out my paperwork. I didn't see dr. Fisher because he was in sx and I didn't want to wait 2 hours so i headed to Walmart. The things that I bought that I found to be most helpful was an extra firm pillow, 2 dark towels, and of course food lol. I bought flexible straws and paper cups while at home and I found these to be the most helpful so far. I cooked curry chicken the night before sx, later to find out that my food was too spicy and that I should eat grilled chicken, soup, etc immediately after sx :(

On sx day, I met dr. Fisher who is really funny, nice, and honest. His staff including the anesthesiologist were really cool.

I woke up from my sx laying on my butt/back pretty much gasping for air bcuz I felt like I couldn't breath. I told the nurse and she told me I was ok and I realized that I was hooked up to a machine so I knew she was monitoring me and that she was right. I just started breathing deeply like someone dropped me in the mid of the ocean, I literally felt like I was gasping for air. Ladies if this happens to u, try to remain calm and breath deeply even if u have to be loud. I also was in so much pain esp bcuz I was on my butt. I asked the nurse to turn me around, she put on my garment and I flipped over. I'm not gonna lie, the pain is excruciating! I'm sure u have heard this already but if I knew it was that painful, I wouldn't have had the sx. I asked the nurse for pain mess and she said she already gave me some, I laughed out loud bcuz I was amazed that I could b in so much pain and have received meds. I found that another patient who was hollering abt her pain got extra pain meds, I kinda wish that I did that so I could get a higher dosage of meds lol. I noticed that my breathing got better when I laid on my stomach. Eventually my breathing got better, but I was shivering from being cold. The nurse gave me a blanket but it did nothing. So she put a"warmer" as she called it on me, and it blew hot air on me. It made things so much better even tho it took me abt an hour under the warmer to completely stop shivering. Also, the clinic bed is really uncomfortable.

I was lightheaded when I stood up but kept my head downward and it made it feel better. I was driven back to the hotel, laying on my stomach in the backseat. The driver was nice and drove slowly so I didn't feel pain going over bumps in the road. Got back to hotel and the caregiver was waiting for me outside. She was really sweet, but she only spoke Spanish. At first, communication was difficult but I googled "English to Spanish translation paragraph" and found a site that translates paragraphs rather than sentences only. The nurse came by and she spoke English so things got better.

I took my pain meds at home. It felt much better taking my meds and I still wonder if the nurse forgot to give me meds bcuz I would think the clinic meds would be stronger than the prescription.

I ate and drank lots of Gatorade and water. I used medium size paper cups to pee in like I'm taking a lab test and to empty my drain. I rather paper cups than bending bcuz it's painful to bend. I put my pillow under my belly and it's very comfortable. The hardest thing is getting in and out of bed because even tho I use my arms to lift up, my abs and back are engaged, and these areas are so sore. Every hour, I get up to walk around my room for 10 mins. I will post pics in the next post

The nurse left at 6am, and although the nurse and caretaker were very helpful, I feel comfortable being alone. I had my first massage today and I have so much fluid in my abdomen area.

I hear that the pain gets better after day 3-4 so I'm hoping that it will improve.

Some post op pics

I don't know how many cc he put and I don't have my post op measurements, just pre-op which I will post when I get home. I am 5'8 and weight 167lbs. I will post more pics in the future.

finally took off the garment

And I see more results more clearly. My booty looks way bigger than it looks in the garment. Will post pics soon.

Vets, please help!

Today I had a massage and the masseuse told me to lie on my back so she could massage my stomach. She put a pillow under my back and I tried really hard to keep my booty from touching the massage bed but at times my butt was lightly against the bed. Vets, Please tell me if this is how u got any of ur massages. Just wanted to know if this is normal. I'm paranoid that my booty will go down because of this.

A few pics

I didn't want an animated, cartoonish result so I asked Fisher to be more conservative and to give me more fullness in the upper and mid butt. He put minimal fat in my hips, just enough to fill in a few dents, lol, in my hip area. I'm satisfied that he didn't make my butt too big. I was terrified that I would come out of sx with an ass like Kim K or Nicki Minaj, lol. I just hope it doesnt go down anymore because I like the size - not too big, not too small, very natural. I just cant see myself going through this sx again. I read on another lady's blog that her doctor told her at two weeks post op that whatever fat she had at 2 weeks will most likely remain so I have 4 more days and I'm hoping I don't go down a centimeter.

My stomach and lower back are still very swollen, but my booty swelling seems to have ended because my butt doesnt feel sore anymore. but I already lost a half inch :( My hips were 43 inches 6 days post op and now they have gone down to a little under 42.5. My waist again is so swollen and I think I'm developing a seroma because I have areas of my stomach to seem to be kinda bumpy and uneven. also my waist measurements are the same as my pre-op (31.5 inches). I believe that its swelling because Fisher removed alot of fat from my back and stomach. and speaking of back, he really did his thing on my flanks and upper back rolls.

P.S. I couldn't fit any of my form fitting clothes so I could show you how my butt looks in tight clothes. its rounder and fuller in person.

quick before and after

Board Certified Gynecologist doing "Cosmetic" Surgery in NYC, BEWARE LADIES!

please watch this news segment on Dr.Ayman Shahine (link below), famous for doing Love and Hip hop NY's Nya Lee's sx and sx for Renee Graziano from Mob Wives. he is a board certified gynecologist and a cosmetic surgeon, not a plastic urgeon. ladies, please do your homework about the difference between "cosmetic" surgery and "plastic" surgery. I promise that I will find time to write a summary that explains how they are different, but I will tell you that plastic surgeons must receive a license to perform surgery. that is, they are surgeons first and after they receive the surgeon license, they go for more training in certain areas. for ex., a surgeon may decide to specialize in gynecological surgery or another may specialize in plastic surgery. this is not the same for "cosmetic" surgeons.

Re-post: Quick before and after

3wks post op Fisher, NOT happy camper ????

I had a great experience with the staff at vanity and Dr. Fisher is a great person. So I'm not writing this to bash them. However, when I started blogging about my journey, I did it to share info with my rs sisters and to give my honest opinion about my experiences, good and bad.

I am almost 3 weeks post op, and I am trying to be patient. But I must say that my feelings about my results are getting more and more negative as time goes by, I have to be real. I have not lost or gained any weight post sx. I have been religiously wearing my garment with lipo board and foams underneath. I avoid sitting, and since returning to my job 2 weeks post op, I have been sitting using a pillow under my thighs so my butt doesn't touch the seat. I actually stand as much as possible and even type standing up when possible. With all that, I have lost an inch from hips and since sx, I have lost only between an inch and inch and half (fluctuates) from my waist. My pre-op measurements were 32 low waist, 30.5 high waist, 40.5 hips. My measurements now are 32 both high and low waist and 41.5 hips. 5 days post op I was 43inches, then I was 42.5, then 42, now 41.5?! Also, he did not add any fat to my lower part of my butt, so my butt looks really high. If I cover the top part of my butt with a shirt, no one even notices that I had sx. I want to look natural and not animated, but I DO want to have a natural yet noticeable difference or else why get sx? Paying all that money for one inch of booty and no significant difference to my waist is not what I expected. Also it seems that he's added more fat to one hip so my hips are uneven. I'm hoping that the fat drops so it's even out.

I'm sorry, just needed to vent because I am disappointed and am currently planning for my bbl revision or round 2. I will call vanity to look into it because I read somewhere that usually when a patient goes for a revision, their doctor may do the sx at a discounted price. But even if this is true, I don't think I will have my sx there again since I'm not satisfied with the results. I think Fisher's technique may not work for me. I'm thinking of dr salama but he makes u wait for 9-12 months and I don't want to wait that long. I just want to hurry up and get this thing over with.

K. Michelle talks about her plastic surgery-Very Interesting Interview

k. Michelle's plastic surgeon is Dr. Ayman Shahine!!! OMG!

I'm surprised she'd go to him because he's not board certified ps and his bbl sx costs the same as vanity, very inexpensive ($5k and up) especially in nyc. also he has a lot of malpractice lawsuits against him.

Btw, have ladies noticed fisher and Hasan prices have gone up by $1k?

3 weeks post op

here my 3 week post op pics. U can see that the bottom part of my butt needs some filling in. He didn't fill that part in. Some days I love my butt others I'm critical, my emotions have been up and down. Some days I have serious booty greed I guess. Oh well lol

Pics didn't load on the last post ugh!

one month post op

Its been a little over a month. My oblique area is still sore and also my lower back. My abs are lumpy some places esp. On the right side. I have started sitting for short periods bcuz sometimes at work I cant carry a boppy pillow when meeting with my bosses. Sitting is uncomfortable. My butt feels very sore when sitting.

I have not been consistent with wearing my waist cincher and I have been eating horribly. But my waist went down to 29 inches and my butt is 42 inches, no bad.

I have decided I'm def doing bbl round 2 with Dr. Fisher. I will have fat removed from my upper back, lower back and flanks if possible (dont think there's any fat left there), abs, and arms.

Anyways will keep u all posted :)

FYI, Vanity no longer accepts Care Credit

yup, if you have care credit and plan to use it pay for any procedures going forward, or if you plan to pay ur balance with care credit before sx date, u should start looking for a new payment method.

Fake Vets

I hate when some vets have the knowledge to help I guess the "rookies" (those who haven't yet had sx but are planning ), but instead, they retain info for themselves and purposely ignore those essential questions that would help some many rs dolls prepare for their sx. Before I had sx, I asked a few dolls important questions that SEVERAL dolls wanted to know such as is a nurse necessary for more than one day after sx, or how was ur experience at the recovery house, etc. these fake "vets" will ignore ur questions and only answer questions about how many ccs they got, which is useless because, for example, 400 ccs on one person will not look the same on another, or their height and weight. I posted a question in the forum about Marian's recovery house and a person said her experience was great, weeks later the same girl wrote a long blog about how bad her experience was. Most ppl research this site and use this info in planning their sx. Could u imagine if I had put a non-refundable deposit with Marian based on that person's initial review? I c why a lot of the vets who actually want to help others and are not on here just for compliments or just to vent ultimately remove all their pics and delete their accounts. Most of these vets were rookies at one time and they obtained info to prepare for sx from other vets so to not pay it forward when you actually had sx, and to not help others is so wack to me.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

While visiting vanity one day before sx and after sx, I haven't had any issues with wait times. Also, vanity staff have been good with contacting me after sx to make sure I know about and make my appointments. Staff members have even called me to see how I'm doing post op.