Dr. Salzhauer is my modern day Leonardo da Vinci!!!

Will be undergoing several procedures (arm lift,...

Will be undergoing several procedures (arm lift, Rhino, bra line back lift & full lipo of the back). Extremely nervous, since I live almost 2 hours away (due to heavy traffic) sitting in a car after undergoing such long surgery. Also, afraid of the pain & not achieving sought after results. Took a long time to save up the money & have waited since I was 8 years old to have an arm lift. Have always had big arms for a small person. Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

This is getting real Ladies!

The count down begins! 11 more days!!! The funny thing is after reading most posts the PS is requesting to gain weight. My PS requested I lose the weight :(. He's only requesting 10 pounds 8 more to go! Can I do it in 11 days, I ask myself. It was hard to be in a diet during the holidays. BTW, I am an emotional eater & I'm nervous undergoing theses procedures. But, I know if I don't do it now may never will (Have the opportunity to recover for a full month & not worry rushing to go back to work to soon). On the hand, I hope it does not take me a month to recover since now I have to find job (since I resigned from mine). Please don't judge (lol) but, this how much I am wanting to start a new life with a new rocking body! Well, I'm working 2x's a day total of 2 hours. Got most of my stuff except my medications. When I had my BR 5 years ago went crazy & bought everything in sight to help w/ recovery. Probably only used a 1/4 of the items & threw the rest out. So, this time I'm taking it easy. Besides the medications (yet need to purchase) bought some arnica, sterile gauze & tape, Dial (as requested by Dr Salzhauer) & hydrogen peroxide. Am I missing something else? I'm having really 5 procedures (Rhino, bra line back lift, brachioplasty (t-scar) w/ lipo & full lipo to upper & lower back. I'm hoping that after my bra line back lift I look somewhat similar to my wish pic. Please keep me in your prayers because I must admit I am NERVOUS. I was freaking out that have already reschedule my surgery once (originally schedule for the 27th of January). Now, I wished I would have kept it & it would've been 4 days post op... Well best wishes to all who are in my shoes & hope you get what long for. For those that been through it already such Azzmatazz, wishing you a quick & painless recovery process. :)

Days away from transformation.

Only days away from meeting the new me!!! Lately I've been unable to sleep due to the upcoming surgeries. Still have 5 more pounds to lose in less then a week, oh no! Please keep me in your prayers :). Love you ladies (and gentlemen too).

Lengthy 5 hour procedure

Had a total of 5 procedures. As of now only minimal pain probably still under the effects of Anesthesia. Only extremely nauseous but Dr. Salzhauer, anesthesiologist & nurses made sure to keep it under control. Only puked 2 one at dr's office other at home. Dry mouth was a other issue but didn't want give me Gatorade or H2O because it would cause me to gag. Some ice chips provided but I wanted to jug a bottle of H2O so bad. Was discharge around Miami rush hour I think it took almost 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get home. But, I'm alive with very minimal discomfort -Thank you God!!! God is beautiful. Since I'm l bandaged up have no clue how my body looks. BTW, This is how wonderful Dr. Salzhauer is he is sending a nurse to my house 1 day post. I'm 2 hours away from his office. On next blog I will provide a short run down of the day. Best wishes to those getting ready for their procedure & those recovering a quick, painless recovery & rockin results :)

Dr. Salzhauer after marking my body up

As promised Dr. Salzhauer delivered

His nurse came by to check on me. Was able to get a preview of new body (back, abdomen & arms swollen) but I can already decipher some great curves forming. Too early to see how small my arms will be. Yily the nurse was very nice & patient.

Surgery took place Feburary 11th

Surgery took place Feburary 11th for some reason the timeline is off. That morning took a shower as instructed with Dial soap (so drying). My mother & I left the house around 6 am to be on time for our 8 am scheduled slot. I was calmed & collected maybe the prescribed Xanax helped. Because Sunday night I was a wreck & had a mini crying spell. Was taken to a room asked several questions & I asked several more & more pictures were taken. The nurse anesthetist (CRNA) came in to review the dangers of anesthesia & health/history. Dr. Salzhauer later arrived w/ a big grin & asked if I was ready. Of course I told him I ready for a change but was nervous too. Understandable he said. Once again he reviewed the surgeries & I seized the opportunity to show him my wish nose again. He marked my back and arms & about 30 minutes later was walked over to the Operating room. Recall thinking what a small operating bed (that's why he asked that I lose the weight). The CRNA had served in the Air Force & thanked him for his service while starting my IV. Next thing I know I was in recovery with a very dry mouth & nauseous. Dr. Salzhauer came to check on me vaguely remembered he said I something how well I did & how happy was going to be. That's when I recalled during my markup the Dr had mentioned due to the excess back skin a second surgical scar close to the buttocks may be needed & if I was okay with that. Gave him the ok. But, the second scar was not needed after all. Was in recovery for about 3 to 4 hours need to clarify with my mom. Got home after a long car trip & my husband took over in caring for me.

Took a lot courage to post before pics, please be nice :)

Here's a before. Look at those huge rolls.

This is about 22 hrs post-op

Still a lot swelling but those rolls appear to be history!!!

As promised I finally took a courage pill & posted some before (scary stuff) &

After pic (only 22 hrs post op). When Dr. Salzhauer nurses came to check on me my mother snapped that shot. Originally I had mentioned I was have 4 procedures but it was a total of 5 (Rhino, t-scar brachioplasty, bra line lift, full lipo to back & lipo to bilateral arms). Surprisingly I have never been in pain just discomfort due to my limitations from the brachio & bra line back lift. The biggest hassle has been the compression garments. The women here (Realself) were right after awhile just want to rip them off. On my BR from 5 yrs ago I went crazy & bought every single item everyone was recommending & most went to waste. This time I wanted to be smarter & careful with my money (since unemployed). Hopefully, this new shape/body gives me that much needed confidence. I was really scared not being able to breath through my nose after the rhinoplasty & honestly have not had any issues besides the dry blood & gunk that feels like a bad congestion (very tolerable). My mother thinks I had a BBL TOO & just keeping it from her. My husband also made a comment regarding my rear end & how plump it looked :). But, trust me ladies & gentlemen no BBL done here, 5 procedures was enough. If I were to make any recommendations especially for those getting lipo or having to wear some sort of compression garment is having those super thick maxi pads to stuff down the garment(s) for those sensitive areas or where the garment(s) dig into the skin. Again best of luck to all you beautiful people here on Realself. The doctors here who also took their time to give of themselves (love u guys). Can't thank you all enough for helping appease some my fears & answering questions.

Nose splint removed

Had my first post-op yesterday. Finally had my nose splint removed, but now miss it. Felt it guarded my freshly renewed nose. Even though swelling lingers at the tip I can appreciate its beauty. When I saw Dr Salzhauer, I had 101 questions and he still patiently answered them all. I love this man!

About time for an update

My back is looking even better as time progresses. My nose is also getting smaller by the day as the swelling at the tip is settling. Stilling living in my sweatpants with my compression garments about 23 hrs a day. Want to do this big reveal (to my hubby) with this awesome red sexy backless piece I bought. All he sees me with are these pressure garments & sweat suits that make me look like the Goodyear blimp. As I commented before never endured any pain. However, for the past week both arms predominately the left side has been swollen. Including underneath my axilla near my boob. I'm really hoping this swelling goes down! Even though my arms are definitely smaller post brachioplasty they still look big (to me). My sweet mother reassures me not to panic it's likely due to the swelling (God I hope so). I've have been walking 4 miles almost daily to aid the lymphatic system. Yes, I'm concerned my arms will not be as small as I envisioned but, will stay positive!

Can't believe it's been a month already!

A month ago I was so nervous but also looking forward to finally take care of some of my trouble areas. Words betray me in explaining how much I love my contoured & sexy back! My expectations were highly exceeded. My nose looks better each day. Had my haircut yesterday & the stylist commented how beautifully my features are proportioned. That really meant something since my tip is still swollen & still found my features attractive. In Regards to my arms, still hoping they get smaller. I have this band on my left arm that really bothers me. Don't know if caused by the pressure garment or the brachioplasty itself. The Dr told me to stop using the garments. This coming Friday will probably have the tape removed from all the incisions. Finally will get to see how I'm healing. At the same time I want there as a security blanket. Since the tape does help with tension & prevent the scar from getting bigger/wider. The best to my Salzhauer sisters who are recovering & to those who dates are quickly approaching.

Sending positive energy

My Salzhauer sis D'Wifey will be undergoing her procedure tomorrow. You are in my thoughts & prayers!

Been MIA

Tomorrow I will hit my 2 months post op. Again, I never endured any pain or major discomfort. Which may be a negative thing for me because now I'm thinking of additional procedures (my recovery was a breeze w/ 5 procedures). A week ago had my follow-up & Dr. Salzhauer agreed that I would benefit getting a brachioplasty revision. This revision will probably take place in August of this year. Waiting for the remaining swelling to subside. During my follow up I seized the opportunity to ask if I was a candidate for a neck lift, breast aug & inner thigh lift. Must share what professional & ethical physician Dr. Salzhauer is. He said definitely NO on neck lift ("Your neck, skin & profile is great you don't need anything done to your neck"). His honesty is greatly appreciated. He did say my breast could be evened out (lol, never knew they were uneven). He's very analytical & a perfectionist and I dearly trust his critique. The crazy thing is that I had a breast reduction over 5 years ago & now seeking a breast augmentation (call me crazy).
In regards to the Rhino & Bra line back lift- I'm in love!!!!!!! He blew this one out of the park!!! My results (in my opinion, hubby & mom) he really worked his sculpting magic, hence my da Vinci.
At this moment still looking for employment & it's very discouraging. Will hold my head up high & trust that God will take care of everything. :)

Scary before pics-proceed with extreme caution

Dr. da Vinci aka Dr. Salzhauer

24 Hrs pics

Before & After

As requested by a fellow RealSelf sister.

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Have not had procedures yet.