DONE!

I am getting the surgrey very soon and have kept...

I am getting the surgrey very soon and have kept it very quiet. I do not want anyone to know. I told my work I am going in for thyroid problem so when rapid weight loss occurs I get no questions asked. I hope this works. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. My questions is this...who else has kept it quiet and how well did it work?? And any suggestions on keeping this on the DL??

Day one of my liver shrinking diet. Surgery in one...

Day one of my liver shrinking diet. Surgery in one week!

Just a couple days short of one week after the...

Just a couple days short of one week after the procedure. The hospital stay was great, very clean and I was well taken care of. I was so ready to come home. It definitely has been a change. I feel like I am eating all the time but eat nothing. I usually eat cream of wheat in the morning and a protein shake in the evening. And a liquid protein supplement. It's so hard to get so much down, even though it's really nothing. I did have some pain the day after surgery, it's not pleasant. I am not going to weigh myself for a month and I will post the progress.

Photos finally!

Here is a before and after.
Dr Ismael Cabrera Garcia and Dr Louisiana

They were great! Very professional, the facility was VERY clean! Had a nurse in the room every hour making sure I was doing okay. Stayed in a very nice hotel after I was released from the hospital.

you look great. congrats
Long time no post. I am going to get a picture really soon. It has been just about 8 months since my surgery. I have lost a total of 53 pounds and feel great. I am thinner now than I was in high school, which is pretty amazing. There is a lot of mental struggle but I'm sure with time that too will heal. By mental struggle I mean sometimes I don't see myself as skinny or thin. I still think I have a lot more weight to lose and the plateaus are not fun. Sometimes I eat unhealthy and beat myself up about it. But these are the only negative and it's really rare. For the most part I am very happy and love the results. My fiancée had the surgery as well and said it was life changing. I'm not quite there yet but hopefully I will get there. That's right my fiancée! We are getting married in less than a month!! Life is good!

So glad it went well for you! Keep your protein up and drink plenty of water, two very important things at this stage! Looking forward to your updates and hopefully some before/after photos! ;-)

Hi there Fatnomore,

How is everything going? Have you had your surgery? It would be great to get an update and find out how you are, whenever you're able to get back to us!

Hi, I am being sleeved in Mexico too. I will following you to see how your doing. I wish you the best of luck. I have seen many reviews on mexicio and they are good. Who are you using?? I too am keeping it quiet. I told my mom I was thinking about it but she kind of freaked out about going to mexico. SO I havent brought it back up to her and probally wont until I get back, I dont want her to worry. As far as everyone else. Like work I may say I am having some kind of gallbladder or stomach surgery. They dont ask many questions. If I got out to eat with others, I will say I am just not that hungry. OR I will probally just tell them the truth once its over. I jsut dont want the omg reaction right now. While I am trying to keep myself calm. Look forward to yur post.
I am going to Dr Ismael Cabrera Garcia and Dr Louisiana. I did tell my parents and boyfriend both of which are very supportive. I just don't think is is anyone else's business. I'm so nervous and excited! It is really soon. I am on the all clears now. Two days! At first my parents were the same way there is such a stereotype going to Mexico for surgery, but after tons of research there is no reason not to. I will keep you posted.
It will be less than 100 pounds.

Wow, not long until your surgery. You must be getting excited and probably a little nervous. Good luck with every, I'm sure it will all go great for you.

If you're looking to lose less than 100lbs, then you can probably blame it on the surgery/recovery plus the type of surgery you've told them you're having. There's no shame in having this type of surgery, but I understand there can be somewhat of a stigma around it.

My surgery is Feb 27th

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. When is your surgery happening?

Personally, I would think that whether or not it can be kept quiet depends on how much you have to lose. If you're going to have dramatic weight loss of 150+ pounds, it may be harder to keep quiet than say, less than 100 pounds.