I had a complete facelift with Dr. G. Koelliker a Skilled Plastic Surgeon - Mexico, MX

On this my last day, I am sitting in my room here...

On this my last day, I am sitting in my room here at Spa Casa Marino contemplating these last 10 days. My complete face lift went exactly as I had wanted it to go.

I now have a smooth neck, great eyes and a very fresh, new look. I also had a small amount of fat transfered to my lips (very nice) and dermabrasion around my mouth (no more deep lines in my upper lip). There is very little scarring and it is just around my ears (I can barely even notice it).

Hi everyone. I have been busy since I last posted....

Hi everyone. I have been busy since I last posted. I have now returned to my normal routine. I have been out golfing ( I just make sure to wear a hat and lots of sun screen) and I am doing full workouts at the gym again. I saw my hair dresser for the first time last week and he said that the scars along my hairline looked really good. Next week we are off to Hawaii for some fun in the sun. Of course my fun will include an umbrella, sun screen and lots of funky hats!

4 month update

I am so happy that I did this for myself. Each day I see more and more improvement. My friends are amazed at how fresh and young I look. My trainer thought I was in my early 50's!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

First off, Dr. Koelliker is a fantastic surgeon, skilled, compassionate and caring. What more could you ask for. His team of Doctors and nurses gave me all the confidence in the world to go ahead with this. A 3 day stay in the hospital pretty much ensured that all was well. Dr. Koelliker dropped by at least 3 times a day to check on me. On day three, Pat Marino arranged for a driver to bring me from the hospital to Spa Casa Marino. Ahh! what a treat to be pampered, catered to and waited on for the next 10 days ( I stayed an extra 3 days). I was fortunate to have the whole Marino family here with me. Pat, Greg, and Mel thank you for a wonderful stay. The staff headed my Fabiola were top notch. Dr. Koelliker came twice here to Casa Marino to check on me. I have never been treated so well! San Miguel de Allende is one of the great secrets of Mexico. Whether you are looking for silver jewellery, locally made clothes or just a fantastic meal you can find it here in San Miguel. I will post pictures as time goes by, after I get home. If you are thinking of a cosmetic surgery holiday look no further than Dr. Koelliker and Facelift Mexico.com Leslie

Taking Arnica pills a week prior to surgery will minimize bruising. Additionally you can purchase a tube of Arnica & use that after surgery. Using makeup & concealer as suggested will help a lot & do wear a scarf to cover any bruising on the neck.
Thanks so much for the information! As I looked at your beautiful pictures, I was wondering why your bruises took so long to go away? I think you look great but I'm concerned about being bruised for almost 30 days post op! I am seriously considering Dr. Koelliker and a full FL in the next few months but worry about needing to go back to work in 10 days. Thank you for posting here as it really helps all of us seeking information for a big decision!
I just seem to bruise easily and badly too. When I went for my surgery on February 7th I met a woman who had a full face lift 2 days before me and already her bruises were turning yellow. By the time she left (7 days later) you could hardly notice them at all. Don't get me wrong, you will most likely have some noticeable bruises for a few weeks but not 30 days. A good fat cover stick should do the trick of hiding them. I knew before I went that I was a bruiser but I did not ever think that they would last as long as they did. I should have asked if there was something I could do pre-op to help keep the bruising to a minimum.
You are just lovely. It helps to have such classical beautiful features... So, I'm curious about a couple things - did you have transcutaneous lower lid surgery? How do you feel about the "scars" (not noticeable in the photos) left by the upper bleph? Did your sideburns raise? That's one of my concerns? Enjoy that face!
Hi citroen2cv; Thank you for your kind words. After having surgery I do feel lovely. I had lower lid surgery but I am not sure what they call it. There is a slight scar under the eyelashes on each eye. I have more noticeable scars in the crease of each upper lid (where the brow meets the eye socket). they are easily covered with eye shadow or just a touch of liquid makeup. I expect them to fade to nothing with time. No I did not notice any change in my sideburns. I hope this answers your questions. Leslie
I had a full facelift almost 1.5 years now. The scars in the eyelids disappear completely within time. Under the eyes go quite quickly. You look 10years younger and that's all we want. I hated my jowels and saggy neck. I used to look every day and pull my skin up. Now all gone. I went to my dermatologist here and he said I have one of the best Mexican facelifts he has ever seen. So glad you are happy and much younger!
You look wonderful. Thank you for sharing your review and pictures. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words. I have been researching plastic surgery in Mexico and came upon Pat's site. I have viewed numerous sites and found the Simoni Facelift (California, I cannot afford) which interested me quite a bit. Little bruising and swelling. I think it is called a MACS lift or short scar lift. I would prefer a shorter down time with bruising and wonder if Dr. Loelliker does this type of lift. I do have some anxiety about this due to the fact that I am a wimp and don't like pain or having a "smothering" effect that may accompany bandages. I am impressed with the hospital stay and recovery time. Thanks again and keep on smiling.
I am so far happy with my doctor and procedure but what you did sound soooo awesome. Seems so brave to go alone and have this work done!
Hi kanobe; You are not the only one to have mentioned this. I did not have any fears about going alone to have this done. I took my laptop along and I Skyped with my sister everyday even when I was in the hospital. It was almost like having her there with me. The hospital staff were great and one of them would usually pop in to see if I needed anything. Pat and all of the people at the spa were just wonderful and I felt like I was almost part of their family. I never once felt alone. I am glad that you too are happy with the work your doctor performed. It is awesome to have a new fresh look isn't it?
Wow...amazing thanks for sharing
kanobe; thank you for taking the time to look at my photos and comment. I feel great!
wow - you just keep getting better and better. I am so happy for you.
thanks bjausie; I am really enjoying my new look. Yesterday, at the gym, a woman who works out there looked at me quizzically and said 'boy you sure do look great!' I could just see the wheels turning in her head...has she lost weight?, did she get her hair cut?...I was so pleased...
Hi again, I have one more quick question. I wasn't wildly impressed with Dr. Koelliker's credentials. Why did you chose him. He obviously did a superb job on you, but I have very baggy eyes and am terrified to see anyone without a great deal of experience with blepharoplasties. Write when you can.
Dr. K has all of the accreditations I expected a plastic surgeon to have. I was most concerned about my neck and my upper eyelids so what really cemented the deal for me was seeing pictures and videos of some of his recent patients, especially those who were in my age category. I was amazed at the transformation in these women. I was able to contact several of them and talk directly via email about their experiences. Each and every woman I contacted raved about his work and all of them were extremely happy with their results. I wanted a natural look and I was willing to come out of the surgery with a few wrinkles here and there and this fit right in with Dr. K's philosophy. I was 100% comfortable with having him do this surgery and I think that is most important. If you have reservations then it may be best to wait awhile. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. I am definitely going to go through with the surgery! The most important thing for me in making a decision is to hear glowing reviews. I have realistic expectations. I just want to look my age... Btw, you look like a french Kim Cattrall.
LifeIsSweet; Kim Cattrall - Wow! what a compliment....I only wish I had her boobs! Oh wait I could have her boobs....LOL This surgery has changed my whole outlook on life...I feel like smiling all of the time now. I hope my pictures and my story have given you a better idea of what you can expect while taking your journey along this road. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I will try to answer.
Can I please get a contact number for Dr K??
that is one of the most beautiful after photos i've seen. you are so lovely!! did you have a blepharoplasty as well?
Hello lifers sweet; Thank you for your lovely compliment! Yes as part of the facelift I had both upper and lower eyes done.
wao you don't look older than 60 is great!
San Juan; Thank you for the kind words. I don't feel over sixty either!
Leslie, I am so happy for you. I hope you and hubby have a great time in Hawaii. You look fantastic girl. Tear it up down there...:-)
Hi Angel; we did have a fantastic time in Hawaii and I did tear it up there on a zipline adventure.
Dear Leslie Petite, You look wonderful, thanks for sharing your story about the surgery and the place you stayed. Lil