Found Heaven in Mexico. It's Called Dr. German Arzate - Mexico

I got in contact with Dr. German Arzate dental...

I got in contact with Dr. German Arzate dental practice from Canada in May 2012. After receiving quotes from him I decided to go and have my procedure done. Complete upper and lower snap on dentures. It was completed in aabout 3 hours and 5 days later I had my new dentures at a fraction of the cost of what I would have paid in Canada. I'm a new man thanks to Dr. German. On top of that I have made a new friend for life. He is a compassionate, gentle down to earth human being. I would not hesitate for one minute to recommend him and his qualified staff to any body in the world.

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

He was up front right from the beginning and his word and quote is as good as gold. Found his practice on the internet and I thank God every day for that.

starsmile, meaning no offence but if you have read many complaints about dr.german arzate and read jm survivor story why would you want to take such a big risk? i read your posts and they started out as you not knowing gerry45 and then all a sudden he's your friend. just want you to be careful and not end up like myself or jm survivor, or the others that have had such a bad experience. it maybe a hit and miss at this dental clinic, are you sure you have the resources to fix your dental work if you end up like us? i wish i had made a better choice but i didn't and ended up with my teeth being ruined and paying triple to get it all fixed. read my experience with cancun cosmetic dentistry aka cancun top dental.
Hi, this is more to Land and may be of some interest to others. I don't think dental tourism companies can get someone an entire refund but a partial refund. I spoke with another person who told me the company she used was able to get seventy percent refund and the dentist was removed after that incidence involving her. She said she really believes if she hadn't used a company she would of gotten nothing back. That's what happened to me and I wish I had not gone alone. You should read my experience and review to understand why. So good advice about not going alone but people should still do allot of research themselves and choose a reputable company for any kind of medical abroad. As you wrote Land it doesn't cost extra to the patient and seems a bit safer. It probably just takes a bit of money from the clinics sales people aka patient coordinators that work for these medical tourism clinics.
Hi Land and Gerry, Still mulling over the decision. Gerry and I spoke and he was very informative and a very nice man. After we spoke I came across a webpage and I bookmarked it but would have to look it up and there are dozens and dozens of these dental tourism offices all over Mexico. I put in Cancun and Dr. Arzate didn't come up on that web page. It's pretty confusing. Like you said Gerry, you start to get cold feet. I'm at that point. I have to do something, hate to pass on a great deal, but scared either way. I need to let it rest and stop working so hard on it right now. Thank you Land, I really appreciate your input too. I'll let you know how it goes when I make the final decision. Thanks to both of you. :)
There is no extra charge when selecting a dental tourism company to assist you. Pick one that is based in your own country. Select one that has zero tolerance for complaints. Referring a dentist is one thing but leaving out the risks is irresponsible. Problems can arise anywhere agreed. But if it happens in Mexico you will have little to no recourse, especially if you do it alone. Medical facilitators carry insurance. Some protection is better than none. As for one person acknowledging complaints and an other not seeing any is well.... suspicious to say the least. Good luck Deb!
I read the comment from Land and asked the question if he speaks as a professional in Dentistry or from personal experience with Dr. Arzate's clinic in Cancun. I have nothing but praise for this clinic in procedure and after service. I can not comment on crowns, but I have sinus lift done besides my 16 mini implants and dentures. My wife has teeth whitening done and said it was less pain full then here at home. The Doctors are all US trained and certified by the American dental association. There place of business is high tech state of the art equipment. Cancun Cosmetic dentistry is not some back street dental office. I have personally spoken and met people who had dental work done at this clinic from Ireland, Scotland, Canada, USA and Austria. This clinic is known the world over. I'm only talking from experience not observation or hearsay, but if any person doesn't feel comfortable going then don't go. The only difference I found after my investigation before hand and after, that they didn't have their hands so deep in my pocket. Something can go always wrong with any surgery in any medical profession. Even when people buy a brand new car the can end up with a lemon. Once again have nothing but praise for Dr. Arzate and Dr. Ceasar and their dental assistants during our 3 procedures performed there in the last year and a half and will go back when we need to. The end results were great at a fraction of the cost. And they don't have office hours, they are open 7 days a week from 9am till 9pm.this is totally my wife's and I personal experience. For my sinus lift they brought in a qualified ENT to do the work. I was always treated with respect and dignity. Aftercare was addressed as soon as humanly possible. The other alternative you can go to Turkey, the prices are the same as in Mexico.It's only high in Canada, because the first thing the new dentist does is build a 2 million dollar clinic and there are usually 2 or 3 side by side. Some one has to pay for those buildings and in this case the PATIENT. I researched Cancan Cosmetic and Dr. Arzate for 4 months and could not find anyone with a negative experience and now all of er sudden everything is wrong. I'm going next week again and will see if this clinic has gone down hill and I would be the first one to post it.Was just there in May for an adjustment, NO CHARGE. Medical trip advisors work for commission and that is no good, they can be objective. Anyway we are very happy and we have lots of money left in our pockets. I'm a president of a corporation here in Canada.
if this is attached to an email I wonder if you dould contact me. I am thinking of going to this dentist. Please contact me tomsloss@rogers.com Thanks
Thanks Land for all the helpful information. I'm trying to do as much research as I can, I even talked to one of this dentist's past clients. I'm really on the fence right now. I'm definitely going to get it done, but I think I'll need a lot more time to decide if I'll go to Mexico or if I should just have it done here in the U.S. One thing this dentist patient said to me when I contacted him for a referral on this dentist in Mexico that really stuck with me was "things can go wrong here too, nothing is guaranteed". After having my fair share of botched medical and dental work here in the States made me wonder if the dentists in Mexico who charge less than half are just as good or bad as the ones here. Thanks for the "Medical travel facilitator", just in case I do go to Mexico. I'll keep searching credentials and referrals. Thank you for responding.
People considering dental tourism should not go it alone. It is advisable to at least use a medical travel facilitator. They will locate specialists for you and can act as an advocate if any issues arise. I read that you are seeking crowns, but the above patient has received dentures, that's like comparing apples and oranges; these treatments are very different. If you have read complaints and are still considering that particular dentist you should, at the very least, not proceed alone. You can find specialists in Mexico that have excelled in a particular field of dentistry, i.e. crowns and/or implants. Look for a specialist with a solid reputation, a 'jack-of-all' dentistry trades may not advisable. Something for all dental tourists to consider. Land
You mentioned Newsweek and the dentist you've contacted. Newsweek has a disclaimer and does not endorse any business paying to advertise with them. So the reviews/complaints you stated you have read regarding this dentist should not be in conflict, nor should you be confused by them because they do not endorse these individuals. It adds no validity to any dentists' skill, Newsweek is not a dental university nor a college of physicians. Like here on RealSelf, practitioners may have received 'RealSelf Awards' for participating but that doesn't mean they are endorsed. What you should concentrate on is the educational back ground and accreditation's of the dentist. Not just general memberships but actual, tangible university/college degrees that set them above others in the field of dentistry. With that said, you are considering Mexico and if you are not fluent in Spanish it may become somewhat of a challenge, another reason not to consider a solo dental adventure. You're on the right track...keep educating yourself before deciding which dentist to trust and weigh the pros and cons. Consider Merida and Mexico city as well.
I have made arrangements to go to Cancun to Dr. German Arzate's clinic. But now I'm getting a little skeptical. I keep reading terrible reviews, mostly from Canada which conflicts with Newsweek naming his clinic as one of the best for 2012. Are you still happy with his work, because the bad reviews say it looks good at first and then it turns out bad after a few months. I hope you still check in so I can get your opinion because I want to do this A.S.A.P. Thanks!

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the dental implant community.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for responding so quickly. If you don't mind I will call you. I don't know what time you're on, I'm Eastern Standard Time here in the States. I can't tell you how happy I am that you responded. I was so excited to go to Cancun and thought I had done my "homework" and then after I got my total price from them which is 1/3 of what I would pay here, I started to find all these negative posts and most of them were from Canada. Anyway....sorry I rambled there for a moment. Just let me know when a good time to call you would be. I'm in Michigan. I'll go check out your Youtube video too. THANK YOU SO MUCH. :) (I'll probably email you as well just so I know you got my msg. but I really want to talk to you. If that's ok. Deb
You can call me anytime. I'm just over the border from Michigan in the Sarnia Area. we are at least ones a week in Port Huron, doing our shopping.
Great, thanks so much.