Artesense - Mexico City, MX

TERRIBLE. NEVER INJECT A PERMANENT FILLER around...

TERRIBLE. NEVER INJECT A PERMANENT FILLER around your eye area. It is too thin to really take it in and the fat will not cover it. This was done in Mexico and this is what happened within one month of the injection.

All the research I've come across said to NEVER use Artefill around the eyes. Why would the injector do that?? They are only suppose to use the other fillers for that. WOW!!
I'm sorry to learn about your experience,but let me say I've had artecole ,artesense for years now the first time was by Dr.Smith in Niagara Falls I was so excited about it and it was for the around the mouth area ,more of a fix than a cosmetic I was 25 at the time and I had one a year ago in Toronto by Dr.Middleton and the same great result ,both doctors did not recommend a filler of any kind around the eye area in fact they were against it ,the crease lines at the tip of each eye shows you laugh a lot so keep them beautiful !!
Interesting that you saw Dr. Kevin Smith in Niagara Falls. I had Artesense injected in nasolabial folds by him in 2009 and I asked if it could be used in the tear trough area as I thought I had some depression. Unfortunately, he said it could and injected it under my eyes and for the last several years I can see a ridge. I have gone to a few plastic surgeons in Toronto and area to ask about removal or options and they were all surprised that Smith used it under the eye as they considered him a competent plastic surgeon. I'm so sorry I had this done.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps to hear the bad along with the good when there are so many procedures.
I just had an identical experience. I had cheek implants removed because of in infection. When the implants came out, I was left with a lot of flatness in the left temple area. My doctor injected articol into the area and what resulted was almost identical to what I see in this picture, only my lump was just a few cm higher. By chance, I called another plastic surgeon here in Nashville, Joseph Delozier, who has worked with artifill for some time. I asked him if there is any way to deal with a lump like this. To make a long story short, I saw Dr Delozier yesterday. He injected saline into the knot which, I suppose, caused the material to disperse ... and it did disperse. Today, which is the day after the injection, the lump has improved by about 65% to 70%. This lady would probably benefit equally as well, though it may take two sessions. I'm extremely lucky having had the presence of mind to contact an experienced doctor.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you are having such a bad experience. Thank you for making sure we knew this was done outside of the U.S.

Have you been to see any other doctors since you had it done to see what advice they might be able to offer?

My first experience with artifill / articol / artesense ... whatever you want to call it, was with Keven Smith in Canada, prior to the product being approved by FDA here in the U.S. I had a magnificent result, visited him three times traveling from Nashville Tn to Niagara Falls, ON in Canada. No lumps, no problems. I believe that Kevin Smith was one of the first to begin injecting the product.