Fighting for my Life

So excited about my upcoming surgery with Dr....

So excited about my upcoming surgery with Dr. Pantoja in Tijuana! I am almost done buying everything that I need and I can't believe that after all of this time researching, stalking (lol), and saving, I am less than a month away! My list is currently at
-Meds/pain relief
Iron
ibuprofen
VitaMedica surgery program
ice packs
+his prescriptions

-In The Garment
Epi Foam wrap and epi foam squares
gauze
ace wrap
wash cloth (heard it is like a pad at lower back)
maxi pads(reduce friction)
abdominal board (took forever to find)
5x tank tops
Squeem(ish) waist cincher
2x sports bra

-Skin Wellness/cleanliness
Bio Oil
Cocoa Butter (in the tub and the lotion)
Arnica
antibacterial soap
antibacterial wipes
nylon gloves

I've been told that the days prior to my procedure I should maintain a liquid diet, soup, Ensure, water, Gatorade to stay hydrated and have a less toxic system (whatever that means) Anywho that will probably be my life starting the 10th of April, sx is the 17th and I want a week jumpstart. I have also been doing bedtime crunches bc I want to widdle my waist down as small as possible, cant lipo fat under muscle so I'm being proactive!

Sounds like you have done your homework and you're ready to go! Here is a link to our Doctor Q&A which provides a bit of advice when traveling post-op. If you can't find someone to go with you, I would suggest sticking with a recovery house so someone can help you a bit the first few days. Some pre-op photos would be great! Keep us posted!

Hey i'm April 12th... so ready! Nadia told me no ibuprofen... encourages bleeding. I got xtra strength Tylenol instead.
Gotcha! I haven't taken anything in 2 weeks and I won't start now, guess I should take that off my list, where are you staying at and are you taking someone with you? Reason I ask is bc I am coming alone but I know a recovery house will annoy me grrrrh lol idk what to do!

SURGICAL PROCEDURE RULES. The following...

SURGICAL PROCEDURE RULES.
The following indications are very important for your treatment, read the following page completely.
Before the surgery:
IN THE PREVIOUS DAYS TO THE SURGERY:
1. Remember NOT TO TAKE any medication, without consulting it with Dr. Pantoja previously. (Including for pain or colds and those that contain ASPIRIN (acetylsalicylic acid or derivatives).
2. Let us know any change of health (colds, infections, flu, etc.)
3. Let us know if you take any medication to regulate the blood pressure or the coagulation of the blood, for the heart, to treat diabetes, arthritis, nerves, depression, contraceptive pills or any infusion or “herbal”, complexes or drugs.
4. The results of your Pre-op lab work must be reviewed previously by the Dr to confirm that you are healthy.
5. You shouldn’t smoke at least three weeks before surgery and four weeks after.
6. Start taking 1 iron pill every morning to boost your hemoglobin levels.
THE DAY PREVIOS TO THE SURGERY:
1. Eat light foods and avoid alcohol.
2. Extreme the hygiene (complete and careful bath) because it contributes to prevent the postoperative infections.
3. If they are going to carry out a procedure in the pelvic or abdominal region please shave.
4. Do not eat or drink anything, starting 8 hours before surgery.
5. Do not take any laxatives or enemas.
THE DAY OF THE SURGERY:
1. Avoid bringing objects of value, make up or enamel in the nails.
2. Children less than 12 years are not allowed.
3. You must file in, in the reception of the Clinic, the day: _________ at _______ hours.
4. DO NOT eat or drink anything starting 8 hours before your surgery.
5. In Admissions, they will ask you to fill all the paperwork: you must fill everything and sign it before going into your room.
6. Before going in to surgery you should carry out the complete payment of your surgery, in cash or certify check, in agreement with administration rules.
7. Personal checks are not accepted and the use of credit cards is not recommended because these generate an additional 3-5% charge.
8. Bring functional clothes (night gown and slippers).
9. Once in your room:
• Undress and put the garment that we will facilitate you, (without underwear), take off all the metallic objects (clock, ring, bracelets, etc.), as well as any removable dental pieces.
• It is recommended not to bring value objects or depositing them in the administration of the Clinic.
• If you are a woman. Also you must remove any make-up and mail enamel and body piercings.
• Before they take you to the operating room, Dr. Pantoja will see you in the room to review all the details of your surgery.

you are in my PRAYERS!!! see if you can get me info on any Dr P patients having TT (when you are out there recovering)...if you don't forget :-)

Sooo just a question, where do I got for...

Sooo just a question, where do I got for wheelchair assistance at the airport?

I so wish I was going with you...dont live that far from Bham.. Are you getting more excited? We are lurking out here and are anxious and excited to hear about your post and pre op preparations. God Bless
I'll be updating as soon as in done and I'm going to put up before pics tomorrow:-)) I'm more excited than nervous, the nerves are gonna come on the flight I'm sure! Lol.
Heyyy where did you find abdominal boards?

So ladies its over, I officially went from no...

So ladies its over, I officially went from no booty to lots of booty, thanks do Dr Pantoja! I was going to update last night but my people wouldn't get off the phone, 1st let me say that the offices and staff are wonderful. Everyone is so kind and they make you feel at home! It's like you're the only patient they have! Which leads me to this.... You are not the only patient they have, that office was so busy when I got there! Ok, 2 post op tummy tuck girls were there, 3 pre op girls came in to pay deposits, and the phone was constantly ringing so don't get frustrated when you can't get an email quote response immediately bc they are trying and when you do get your response it'll all be worth it:-)

So on to my surgery day, I got here *to TJ* around 8:15 am yesterday, took then 992 from the airport to the train station hopped on the blue line to San Ysidro, 45 mins later I was walking into Mexico, looking at these 3 gorgeous Mexican police officers (lol) then hopping in a cab! Off to the office we went, got lost bc he heard the street wrong but after calling Nadia we were there in a heart beat:-) walk in, elevator up, opened his fancy glass doors and all the people in the office that were patients or with patients were telling me how lucky I am to have been in the states and find this doctor bc he is truly amazing, they were not lying bc as soon as 1 girl walking out, in comes walking the amazing Dr. Pantoja! Handsome, funny, gave me hug, and asked me if I was ready to get some labs work done, Nadia took me to get my blood done (grrrrh) I hate needles, after we came back in the main office to do my EKG, spoke with the doctor about what I wanted and within 30 mins I had been up to my room, stripped down, got my IV, walked to the OR, hopped on the table, got doped up by the anesthesiaologist (also a gem!) and was officially in surgery. Now I will say this my girl (mbones, who looks awesome, like seriously cutest little figure and big booty and boobs!) she did report saying that she felt awake, this is a TRUE statement I could even feel a few things, not pain just awareness, which I'm kind of glad I felt it bc I can report this, he treats your body well, he wasn't throwing me all over the place and doing messy lipo, it was straight strokes and he took his time, I have heard of girls having results issues bc of how there doc didn't even straight strokes. But other than tuning in once or twice I was out and comfy, much like I am now, laying in the bed on my stomach, which to me is my only pain, if I couldn't see my arms, legs, or booty then I wouldn't believe anything had been done, on a scale of 1-10 my overall pain might be a 4 but that's all bc I had a gut he had to get down with the lipo. Drain spots aren't in pain but I did drain something terrible through the night jeeeezzzzeeee! If they would take the catheter out I woulda walked last night bc I understand the precautions. I don't have any post op pics up yet but I promise they will be up soon after my pre op 1s are. Anyway I'll be updating when I get to my hotel, peace and love girls!

Wow thanks for all the details, I'm scheduled for May 15 and I am so nervous but when I hear your girls reviews it puts my mind at ease thank you and happy healing:)
Thanks for updating us. I'm glad everything went well. I'm super excited to meet Dr. Pantoja. Everyone talks about what a caring doctor he is =) what kind of painkillers are you taking and were you able to get wheel chair assistance?
I didn't do wheelchair assistance or pain killers while in Mexico but when I get all the way home I'm going to do hydros bc feeling everything is no bueno lol.

I've been in ICU since Monday already underwent 2...

I've been in ICU since Monday already underwent 2 emergency surgeries, I'm currently fighting for my life. Not worth it.

Are u ok
I was told she had a blood clot in her lungs, which is a risk you take getting cut open with any surgery ....??
Please let us know if you are ok! You are in my prayers xx
Mexico Plastic Surgeon