May 28, 2010 Tummy Tuck After Careful Consideration! - Monterrey, Mexico

Hello, I am the mother of four beautiful girls...

Hello, I am the mother of four beautiful girls between the ages of 7-16. After my first preg. I gained close to 75 lbs! I have been able to take that and then some off but the sagging skin is still there(lots of it)and exercise doesn't get rid of it,sooo I finally decided to have a TT and it is scheduled for May 28th. After seeing the results my sister had and after considering it for 5 years I've decided to go for it. I expect pain and bruising but really don't know what I'm in for. I had 4 natural births and I know the pain is different but I would like some idea as to what to expect. My sister has had 2 TT's done and says it's a piece of cake and she's been trying to convince me for the last 5 years to do it. I'd like some feed back by someone who's had this done and is going to be honest as to what to expect.

I am really loving my new body!!! It was well...

I am really loving my new body!!! It was well worth every penny i spent on it. I have a new outlook on life. I am more secure and outgoing, I am able to buy all those cute clothes I could never wear but most of all I feel 100% better healthwise.

Please inbox me the Doctor's info...
Congrats on your TT. Is that the amount you paid ($3800)? Can you please send me the name and number of the doctor you used? Thanks!
I am 3 days post op. I was released from the hospital after being admitted. So far the only pain I have is on my lower back & waist but nothing to complain about.. I am actually surprised that I have no pain at all. I am only taking an antibiotic and a pain reliever every 8 hours. I am still swollen but that's normal. I should have done this years ago. I am very pleased with the results although it's not a magic diet, now I have to retrain my brain and body how to eat so that I can maintain my new figure! will post pics later!!!
good luck today!
Are you having your surgery in Monterrey, Mexico? If so...i know that my cousin is going to see a plastic surgeon by the name of Dr. Sierre-Rodriguez. Is that who your going to have your surgeru=y done by?
I'm excited for you! It sounds like you're earned it. Please keep us updated! Also, if you'd like to send me a short pre-op/post-op video I have some goodies including Mederma, Silicone Scar Away sheets, Colgate Wisps and Montagne Jeunesse facial masks for some pampering while you're healing. Message me if you're interested.
Hello! I'm glad you finally decided to do it and I wish you lots of luck with your surgery and recovery. I have not had my TT yet(scheduled for July 15th) but have had 3 c-sec,I am glad I found this site...it has helped so much. All the ladies have given me lots of insight wether it be good or bad. I did come across one that explains in more detail the pain of it but over the emotional roler coaster. I suggest you check it out, it gave me another view of the surgery to look and consider. The url is http://www.realself.com/review/Tummy-Tuck-after-weight-loss-a-fat-chicks-view
Hey! Im scheduled for a mommy makeover which include a full tummy tuck on May 28th too! 6 days to go and I am sooooo nervous!!! Keep us posted!
Hi TNYC.

How did your mummy makeover go? I just had my 3rd baby 6 months back and I know I have to wait, at least, another 6 months before even considering having one. But I would like to plan ahead.

Please respond on your experience, cost, procedures, etc. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Thanks for the info... I am getting ready to pack my bags but am uncertain as to what are true necessities for the post op. I am excited but nervous as well.. I will post pics and keep updating as I am able to.
Make sure you have clothes that easy to get in and out of. Lounge pants and baggy t-shirts work great. You won't want to wear anything tight for quite a while. Having baby wipes or something similar are great during the sponge bathing period. I got a giant water bottle to keep next to cut down on trips to get water. Lots of pillows are great too. I slept in a recliner but still needed pillows under my feet and back. Hope this helps!
Hey! I am 6 weeks post TT and it was the most wonderful thing I could have done for myself. My pain was minimal and I am so happy that I did it. You can read my review and see my before and afters. Recovery does take a while but it is worth it. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Good luck!
Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.. My TT actually turned out great! I left the hospital 24 hours after being admitted and had my family amazed that I was actually walking straight. I am taking antibiotics and a cople of other things the dr. prescribed. I have a post op appt. on Friday and can't wait. I know I'k supposed to rest but it's hard to stay in bed. I am trying to do whatever I have to so that my recoop period goes by really fast and without complications. Thank for a being a great realself friend!
I am having my TT done the Wednesday after yours. I also have been wanting to do this for 5 years and finally decided to do it - thanks to my wonderful husband. There are a lot of stories and advice on this website that I have found to be very helpful. Good Luck :-)