First Vertical Sleeve...Now Mommy Makeover!!!! - Mexicali, Mexico

I had the vertical sleeve surgery because I was...

I had the vertical sleeve surgery because I was overweight and had been overweight most of my life. I am 32 years old and only have a 10 year old child and not planning to have any more kids. I did not suffer from any illnesses. I was pretty healthy, just overweight. It was time to get my weight under control. A friend of mine recommended Dr. Arellano. I went to see him on October 23rd, 2013 and schedule my surgery for November 9th. I did it with within 2 weeks because I did not want to give myself an opportunity to have second thoughts about it. I was pretty excited. The day of my surgery I weigh 191 lbs. May 11th, 6 months later, I weigh 139 lbs. 52 lbs. lost.

NOW, I am ready for my mommy makeover. I saw 3 doctors in Mexicali, Mexico. Dr. De La Madrid, Dr. Luque, and Dr. Ramirez. All 3 doctors made the same recommendations as far as what work I needed done. I decided to go with Dr. Ramirez because I’ve I was given very good references from my mother’s friends. My surgery is TOMORROW, May 16th at 8:00 a.m. I did not need any hotel accommodations or transportation because I only live 15 minutes away. I did my lab work last Saturday and have my antibiotics ready. I also bought Arnica, as an ointment and tea, to help with the swelling. I will see the doctor today at 7:00 p.m. and he will give me an anticoagulant injection. I am so ready to do this. I am going to do a breast lift with implants. Originally it was just a lift but the Dr. Ramirez said I would end up being a C and since I have always been a D, I decided to do implants also. I am doing liposuction on my back and the fat removed will be for my Brazilian butt lift. I am also having a tummy tuck done. I did ask about my arms but all doctors said that it would have to be in a separate surgery because it was too much risk. Maybe next year. My next post (with pics) will probably been in a few days, after I’m back home and feeling more comfortable. My cousin (bigred1203) is also doing the same surgery but hers will be on May 21st. Same doctor.

9 Days Post Op and Feeling Great!!!

It's been four days now. My experience so far has been good. Arrived at the hospital at 7:30 am on Thursday, May 16. I immediately changed into the hospital gown and was given a pill to relax me. Dr. Ramirez came in at 9, marked my body and took before pictures. At 9:30 I was taken to the surgery room where I met my anesthesiologist for a few seconds and was immediately put to sleep. I was told the surgery ended around 3:30 but I woke up until 6 pm. I remember waking up for a few seconds and feeling Dr. Ramirez working doing lipo my back side. I wasn't scared or felt any pain. I was taken to my room to rest. I was given liquids that night but the morphine makes me nauseous. It wasn't until the next day when they removed the morphine that I was able to drink and eat. I had water, apple juice, jello, and chicken soup. Once I ate, I was able to start walking and the catheter was removed. The doctor released me at 4:30 pm and I came home.

My pain level on Friday was a 7, with 10 being the worst. Today Monday I'm at a 5. Started off with a whole tablet of Tylenol with codeine and today, Monday, I just took half. I have no sensation or pain in my breast area. My upper arms are bruised although I didn't have any work done on them. From what I can see, Dr. Ramirez did my tummy tuck incision very low which I am very happy with. I do feel some burning in my bikini area like if I pulled a string inside. My back and sides feel very sore, can even feel my skin move. So far I think the worse is the pain I feel on my spine from not being able to sit up straight. I took a shower on Monday and per Dr. Ramirez instructions I removed my own drains. 2 from each side of my tummy tuck and one from my buttocks. The bandage they put on me is supposed to absorb all the fluids. I am supposed to go this afternoon and get fitted for my garment.

Day 6 to day 8

My garment has been on since Tuesday, May 21st. I have been able to put it on and remove it on my own. I have seen improvement on a daily basis. I have been able to sit up and get up on my own, go to the bathroom and finally yesterday I showered on my own. I can almost stand up straight. I've been drinking protein shakes and chicken and beef broth, peanut butter, and cheese strings. I still have tape around my breast and my tummy tuck. My next appointment with Dr. Ramirez is on Monday, May 27th.

19 Days Post Op

5 Weeks Post Up Pic Update

Dr. Victor Manuel Ramirez

Looking great!!
Hello I had surgery with Dr Ramirez a week ago. Brazilian butt lift, right now I feel so sad and unsatisfied. He told me it was ok for me to sit on my butt or lay down which is what I have been doing. My butt looks flat. I'm so scared he says its normal to give it time. Please help.
I am having Surgery April 3, 2014 with Dr. Victor Ramirez and I am posting all my before and after pictures and details on Real Self. Follow my blog (s) for updates. *Very Excited* realself.com/review/mexicali-baja-california-mommy-makeover-abdominoplasty-full-tummy-tucks-full
I am glad you felt it was worth it and had min pain. Can you post a new picture today and let me know how you are doing and any new advise. THANKS
I am interested in a Mommy Make-over. Tummy tuck, Full lipo, BRazilian butt lift and breast implant removal with bilateral breast lift. Coming From Los Angeles, CA USA. You gave the doctor a GOOD RATING. Please contact me with any other information that is helpful about your experience and the doctor. THX
Thank you for sharing AleMac98, how are you doing today? I am suppose to have surgery in Mid-December. Can you post a new picture please.
Hi AleMac98, Hope you are well :0) just joined Realself today after reading your story. I live in Calexico and considering a mommy make over as soon as next month. Can’t decide on a doctor yet, would love to meet with you in person.
Congrats on the weight loss! I had VSG also and lost 85 lbs. in a year. Did he go with the drainless TT? Excited to hear more and see your results as you recover. Take it easy and keep us posted :)
Congrats to you on your success! I also had a vertical sleeve done in Oct 2011. After a year and 90lbs lost, I started shopping for surgeons to do a mommy makeover to remove the excess skin on my tummy and to lift and fill my breasts. It was the best thing ever. I have never been happy with my body before, being overweight my whole life. Now I am super thin and it is amazing. My breasts are beautiful like I could never imagine. I hope that you are as happy with your results as I am. The sleeve and the mmo together changed my life entirely. I am like a whole new person. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope everything went well! I look forward to reading more of your story. :)

Wow, you're getting the works done! Congrats on your amazing weight loss. I truly hope you love your results.

You're 1-day post op now. Probably sleeping a lot and pretty out of it. When you feel up to it, please come back and let us know how you're feeling.

I had mine May 17th, had all the works done myself with Dr. Ramirez. He is a very good Dr if you wanna go with the sexy latina look. I am 3 days post op, i'll post pics after i feel a little more comfortable
Do you have recent pics? I would love to see final results. Im thinking of having surgery with Dr. Ramirez.