Lower Facelift (Neck Included), Lower Lids and Eyebrow Lift - Metairie, LA

I was 61 and felt "dragged down', especially in...

I was 61 and felt "dragged down', especially in the neck area, so I decided to go for a consult. After seeing one patient's great presentation, I opted to go for all of it. (I had already had my upper lids done many years previous.) The operation took over 6 hours. It has been a tough recovery in that I did not involve many "supporters", other than my husband and sister. My face was badly bruised (for first 2 weeks) and extremely tight and uncomfortable for many months afterward. However, it looked "normal" within several weeks, and I was able to go in public. My doc said I did very well with few complications. Results are so subtle that most people did not know anything was done. The few who did said that I had a "good result" and I've been pleased aesthetically. However, the pulling itching tightness has been very difficult to handle. At 10 months post op I am still a bit uncomfortable and self conscious. My concentration is off and I'm not really enjoying myself at parties. It seems worse at some times than others. I've tried gentle massage with coconut oil and that gives some relief temporarily. Also, taking a low dose of Atavan makes me relax and feel a bit better. Although I much prefer my neck now, and I am told I look 40 something, I do question whether I should have done it, as I worry that I will feel uncomfortable forever.
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lindsey is extremely professional, competent, and has a good bedside manner. He came to my home the next day to remove the shunt and some of the bandages. He provided about 6 sequential post op office visits and responded quickly when I called him in a panic on one occasion. When he released me, he was sorry to tell me that I was his only patient who was still having discomfort 6 months post op., but said there was nothing more he could do for me. Unfortunately, he did not have any recommendations either, but told me he thought it would improve in time. It does seem to be slowly improving, and, at 10 months post op, I do feel much better than I did at 3 months. ( I just want to feel normal again.)