Lower Facelift (Neck Included), Lower Lids and Eyebrow Lift - Metairie, LA

I was 61 and felt "dragged down', especially in...

I was 61 and felt "dragged down', especially in the neck area, so I decided to go for a consult. After seeing one patient's great presentation, I opted to go for all of it. (I had already had my upper lids done many years previous.) The operation took over 6 hours. It has been a tough recovery in that I did not involve many "supporters", other than my husband and sister. My face was badly bruised (for first 2 weeks) and extremely tight and uncomfortable for many months afterward. However, it looked "normal" within several weeks, and I was able to go in public. My doc said I did very well with few complications. Results are so subtle that most people did not know anything was done. The few who did said that I had a "good result" and I've been pleased aesthetically. However, the pulling itching tightness has been very difficult to handle. At 10 months post op I am still a bit uncomfortable and self conscious. My concentration is off and I'm not really enjoying myself at parties. It seems worse at some times than others. I've tried gentle massage with coconut oil and that gives some relief temporarily. Also, taking a low dose of Atavan makes me relax and feel a bit better. Although I much prefer my neck now, and I am told I look 40 something, I do question whether I should have done it, as I worry that I will feel uncomfortable forever.

Just back-tracking on some reviews. I had my surgery in January and I wrote in my review "if you won't be able to stand having a helmet on your head 24/7 do not have surgery done" I do understand the numbness and tightness and really did not know I was going to experience this feeling -- but even though still numb around ears side of face --I am giving one full year. I am very happy with my results and incisions -- just don't think recovery is explained enough until post-check-ups with nurses. Just to add one more comment -- the tightness should really be brought up beforehand -- truly believe some people could go "nuts"
Agreed! Best of luck.
Fixmyface, I was really scared too and was constantly reassured by the staff that those were very unusual and unlikely results. And I had had no problem with procedures in the past, so I went ahead. Your results must be more dramatic than mine. I can see how affirming it would be to get all those comments! I don't, but I'm aware that my neck, in particular, looks much better. And a few close friends do compliment me. For now, I'm trying to stay positive and stop focussing so much on my discomfort. Afterall, reople live with much worse pain! But it's so good to have people like you to commiserate with.(Hugs back!)
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lindsey is extremely professional, competent, and has a good bedside manner. He came to my home the next day to remove the shunt and some of the bandages. He provided about 6 sequential post op office visits and responded quickly when I called him in a panic on one occasion. When he released me, he was sorry to tell me that I was his only patient who was still having discomfort 6 months post op., but said there was nothing more he could do for me. Unfortunately, he did not have any recommendations either, but told me he thought it would improve in time. It does seem to be slowly improving, and, at 10 months post op, I do feel much better than I did at 3 months. ( I just want to feel normal again.)