One month post op for mommy makeover

Went to my three consults and the first doctor I...

Went to my three consults and the first doctor I went to and really liked states I will need an incision from hip to hip and a POSSIBLE vertical one from belly button to pubic bone since I have some jiggle horizontally. The other two surgeons said no vertical. Looking at my pic do you think I should question the experience of the doc that wants to do the vertical incision?
You are smaller than I am and I did not have vertical incision, to me it does not look like you have to much on the sides that would make much of a muffin top. I am sure if you had the incision both directions you skin would be tighter, however I wonder if it is worth the trade off of having the scar going down the middle. Personally I don't think so. It makes for a lot more recovery and chances for infection. I watch many women here having their procedures and most only have the hip to hip scar. They have some lipo on the sides if they have a little excess fat. I think for the most part they end up looking awesome and can actually wear a bikini and have no muffin top at all. I found this site a couple days after my modified tummy tuck. I only wish I had found it before and learned the things I now know. Originally I just wanted a pannilectomy, which removes only the pannus or apron of skin. My ps did tell me it would look much better if I had the skin pulled down from under my breasts and a new belly button. I opted for that so it would look better, I just had to pay for the biggest part of it. Now looking back, it has been almost a year, I would have had the muscle repair and maybe some lipo on my waist area only... so I am in the position now of tring to decide if I want to go back and have the muscle repair and lipo. If I get my weight down where I want it there is a good chance I will do nothing. I am not in a big hurry to decide, for now I exercise daily in hopes of someday getting down where I am happy with what I look like. If you look at my before and after pictures, you will see how much I really do love what I did have done compared to before. This is really about you. You did ask what we thought so I really do wish you the best no matter what you decide. But if it were me I would just have hip to hip and maybe lipo. Best wishes to you.
Thanks for the quick response. My PS is gonna do full muscle repair and lipo. She just said I have extra jiggle left to right so a possible tiny incision from navel to pubic may be better if I don't mind scar. Your before and after pics make me excited. I am sure i will be a nervous wreck. Thanks so much:-)

i booked my surgery after 6 years of being scared!

Eight weeks from today is gonna be the big day for tummy tuck and breast lift. I am finally locked in after years of feeling that this was a selfish thing to put myself at risk for and my kids possibly losing their mother to. But I took the step and interviewed three PS and found one I love and trust. I am terrified and only hope and pray I don't chicken out!

Is it normal to feel like this mommy makeover is such a selfish thing to do?

So even though I still have eight weeks I am starting to feel like I should be able to accept the way that I am and that this is selfish and risky thing to do. Why put myself at risk for an elective surgery that can have serious complications? I have thought about this everyday for 6 years and finally got the nerve to do the consults and book. I know I will regret it if I don't follow through. Did anyone out there struggle with this?
I think you'll have amazing results. I'm excited to follow your journey!
Oh yeah, I agree with Crystal B. I did have regrets the first week...but at the two week point I was thrilled and have only been happier day by day. That first week is a doozy, though. Just know it gets way better by about day 10.
So how long did you take off of work? I have my surgery scheduled for a Thursday and won't be going back until the Monday after the 2 week mark. You think that is long enough?

six weeks away!

Starting to do my lab work, chest xray, and EKG for the big day. If I am already nervous now I can only imagine the week of.
I struggled with the same thing .... for over 20 years. I put it off and put it off and put it off, but I was miserable in my own skin. I was always afraid, and always felt that it was a selfish and lame decision for me to put my life at risk by choice? I waited until my son grew up and moved out on his own. I finally sucked it up and faced my fear and told myself it was TIME. No longer to be put off..... now that it's over, I really do regret not doing it sooner. I wasted so much of my life feeling bad about my belly, and the procedure was really no big deal. Recovery had its moments but so what? it passes and the new life can begin! It's not selfish at all. You'll be thrilled with your results and I look forward to your updates! Congrats to you for making it happen!!!!
Thanks for the encouragement. I have just kept putting it off for fear of my family judging me on a vanity insecurity, fear of dying and leaving my children motherless, and feeling like I should except the skin God gave me. But the more weight and exercise I do the more I feel trapped when I look on the mirror. You are right, I don't want to keep pushing it off for twenty years. I am not fearful of the pain, I know that will pass. I am fearful of throwing blood clots and making my situation worse. The thought of a tummy tuck has consumed me for the past six years. Thank you so much. I need to hear these words of encouragement because the little tiny voices in my head keep telling me to cancel but I know I need to do this for me.
I was scared, too. I flat out asked my PS if he has ever lost a TT patient. He said never!

4 1/2 weeks left til mommy makeover!

So, for some reason I have no nerves now...just pure excitement. I have realistic expectations. I know the pain is gonna suck, I am going to question why I did this, probably go through some depression, and find out how good my husband is at taking care of me and kids...haha. I know the end result will be nice and worth it. I just have to keep a positive attitude. This website has been great for me :-)

3 1/2 weeks...question for all you post-op tummy tucks

Getting excited...no nerves yet. Have complete confidence in my doctor and feel so comfortable with her. Need to start getting things together. So, I have the option of staying overnight at the surgery center with full care for an extra $500. Ladies, what are your thoughts about this. I have a husband and seven year old twins. Never taken pain medication or had anesthesia so no idea how I will respond. Do you think it is worth the money to have my own personal nurse the first 24 hours or not needed :-)

Two more weeks!

No nerves yet..just pure excitement. I am paid in full and ready to go. Starting to get all my meds and clothing together. How long is it usually until you can sleep in your bed on your side?

Three more days until my mommy makeover!

Wow my surgery week is finally here after six years of contemplating. Thursday is the big day and I am more excited than nervous. I know this will be a roller coaster of emotions and healing but I feel it is worth the risk. After stalking this website and constantly reading other people's stories and seeing their results, I know I am ready. Will keep everyone posted!
Best wishes darling. I am 13 days post op. My opinion, stay at that place of rest as long as you can. The rest is so important for as long as you can possibly manage. My incision has healed so well as I have barely had to do anything having my daughter here caring for me during her holidays. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and sending you lots of healing.
Wow just looked through your pics and they look great. Looks like you are healing gracefully. I am excited..last day of the jiggles.. Haha
funny you sound like how I felt, back and forth with the emotions, I think we feel like well really should I put myself at risk just to look better, but it is way more than that, and the risk is very minimal or they would not do it, I put my trust in my surgeon and kept looking at my belly and stretch marks and my belly hanging over everything and knew it was more than just wanting to look at little better, it interfered with my life, so don't feel selfish and be excited, which seems you are now, like I said I finally wanted it more than I was scared of it, hang in there and best wishes and keep us posted, we are all here for you !

before pics

Ready to get rid of this jiggle
Yeah !Sending my best to you for tomorrow and happy healing

preop pics

Sooo ready

more before pics

Good luck tomorrow! I had mine yesterday, and yes I do feel guilty for doing this for myself....sometimes.
Surgery is twelve hours away. I feel so calm it is strange. Happy healing!
you are gonna love it, you wont even believe it, sometimes I go back and look at my before photos just to see, cant still believe it and its been a year, nothing selfish about wanting to do something positive, best of luck, will be thinking of you, let us know how you are doing when you are up to it

Had my TT, breast lift, lipo of flanks this morning!

So surprisingly I feel great. Went in at 845 and was done by 1130. The nurses told me I woke up smiling and talking. The pain is there but this liquid lortab and pain pump have worked wonders. Walked to the bathroom 6 times since I am so darn thirsty. So far no nausea or vomiting so I think I am gonna be ok. We will see how it is tomorrow. So happy I did this already and I am not even 12 hours post op. Will post pics soon!
Good to hear your doing good ,take it easy and rest
Thanks
Woo hooo!! Great way to begin. Congratulations the wait is finally over. x

doing good on one day post op

Been very lucky with the pain tolerance. Have three drains and a pain pump so 4 ports to carry around which is soo aggravating. I am able to walk to my bathroom and have had no nausea. Water I think ishuge factor of me feeling good. Drinking tons of it. Thanks everyone for preparing me for this.
congratulations on your new body mama, this is the hard part, recovery, but you'll be okay, just keep being positive and everything will be ok! :)
Thanks for that. It is uncomfortable but I take my pain meds every four hours and I think I have a good tolerance for pain. I had it on Thursday so hoping it is all up from here. We will see once the pain pump runs out.lol
a friend of mine had a surgery where she had pain pump and she said it was almost a pain free surgery, glad you are doing so well

Ready for these drains to come out!

Uggh these four ports are so aggravating. I heard all yall writing about it but could not fully relate. They are in the way of everything. The holes where the go in sting and one tube keeps popping open. Hopefully tomorrow at my post op these things will be gone. I did poop and shower yesterday so I guess that was a successful day...lol..trying to stay positive :-)
I'm 3 days post too. Doing ok. The drain holes are hurting me so badly! I have post op tomorrow but I doubt the drains will come out. Glad you are doing so well!!
Girl I have to say the most pain I am having is in my lower back. My tummy and ports burn but the back spasms are horrible. I actually am standing up almost straight and my doc told me that I can start laying flat on my bed. I could lay flat but needed a pillow under my knees. Been taking one percocet every four hours to stay ahead of the pain. Let me know how your doc appt goes,
I'm soooo sorry about the back pain! I hope that gets better soon. I'm standing pretty straight at most times. My binder is pressing into my incisions so that is hurting. I'm anxious to know when the drains can come out! Talk to you soon!

My breast drains and pain pump are gone!

Today my PS took out my two breast drains and tomorrow or Wednesday the last tummy drain will be gone. Hooray! Pain is becoming pretty good except for my back pain from not standing straight. I saw my incisions and belly button for the first time and didnt pass out...haha. No, I already see an improvement but know I am still very swollen. Have no regrets...would do it all over again if I had to.
Wow you look absolutely amazing, I am so impressed by your surgeon's skills at making you look so neat and compact and perfect - and that's just at 4 days post-op, so you'll be looking even more fabulous every day. Congrats on going through with the op - I'm glad you finally gave into your desire to treat yourself to a makeover. I'm sure the amazing results are overriding any feelings of guilt you had before. Best wishes for a speedy recovery x x
Thank you so much. After six years of saying "I would never put myself at risk and do plastic surgery" I decided I needed to do it for me. I am so happy I did. I do love my surgeon and she had the same expectations as I did. Appreciate u saying that. Happy Thanksgiving.
You look great!!!

one week post op

Happy Thanksgiving! All drains are out and bruising is starting but happy. Off all pain meds and moving pretty good. Crazy how things change so quickly in one week!
My feelings are the same as yours were before for to 10 y . And without the husband support.soooo afraid .my date is dec 24 I hop I will have the courage to go on with it still. .. Your story really inspire me and I prey to god I will be ok thanks for sharing your journey. ..you just look ausom. !
You will have the courage to do it. Think about the self confidence you will have after. Now when you are healing and in some pain you may question it but it will come clear once the pain subsides. This website will get you through it. It helped me stay committed.
Wow! I'm happy for you. Congratulations on a beautiful result and smooth recovery. x

one month post op

Wow a month has gone by really quick. Feeling pretty good with just a little soreness where my muscle repair was. Feel my one week and one month photo look about the same. My upper abs are a little more swollen but feel like my waistline is a little smaller. After all the years of dwelling and being scared of doing this I have to say I have no regrets. My biggest recommendation would be to trust your doctor and have realistic expectations. Merry Christmas!
Continue healing and merry Christmas :)
Summer Black

I just adore and respect Dr. Black. She has been so caring, compassionate and an honest doctor. She explained everything to me and let me know what my expectations should be once she looked at me and saw what she had to work with. Makes the procedure a lot easier when you have no hesitation in the selection of your plastic surgeon!