The shots were more painful than I had anticipated...

The shots were more painful than I had anticipated. Went home that night iced my legs and the swelling began. It was so painful and hard to move my legs. Then in the morning open lesions began forming at the injection sites. Called the doctor, they said to give it time, but I stopped by the office anyways. She immediately put me on an anitbiotic. Wound sites continued to grow- my legs were very bruised, I had one injection site that continued to ooze and took 2 rounds of antibiotics and then I was finally sent to a plastic surgeon to clean out the wound area. It was painful to have the open wound cleaned out and now I have a scar the size of a nickel. I still have red bruised looking areas and it has been 1 1/2 years later. They told me I could try some laser treatments to fix that. Finally, after 1 year, some legal threats, I finally got my original monies back. PS- before that I had liposuction on a larger area of my thighs and stomach - I had very little bruising and was up and around after 2 days of downtime. I thought this would help the last small problem area above my knees - I would never do anything like that again and will only go to a plastic surgeon... do your homework - don't be dumb like me! I haven't put on a swimsuit in years because the area above my knees look like they've been beat up... I would do liposuction any day over mesotherapy!
I have performed Mesotherapy on a lot of patients, who where very pleased with the results, I am pleased to let you know that throughout the years that I have been doing it, I never have I had a "bad outcome", sorry to hear you went through such an ordeal, when proper technique is followed, and maximum antisepsis is done, these adverse reactions could be easily avoided, apparently your treatment was substandard at best. Practitioners should always test for allergy two days before, to the medications been used prior to proceeding with full treatment. The reaction you had may have been allergic, infectious or both. In this stage and age where MRSA Staph (Flesh eating bacteria) is rampant, I would be very cautious who you trust your treatments to, hope you have recovered well, may your story serve as a cautionary tell for those seeking this modality of treatment.
Did you have it done in your area or did you travel to have it done?
I was reading a few reviews and thought I'd add mine. I just got Meso injections today to my stomach, and like most of you, it was far more painful than I expected to be. I pride myself on having a high pain tolerance which says a lot to me. However, the doctor warned me several times that the abdomen was a lot more painful area to have it initially. Anyway, I did do a lot research prior to making my decision but most importantly, i'm a nurse and my friend who recommended it to me, after having it done herself to her thighs and lose 20 pounds told me she was starting back on hers, is also a nurse. We know what should and shouldn't occur. We also know to look for signs of infection and inflammation. Infection is definitely not something you want. A bit inflammation however is expected and I did tell my doctor I wanted her to put me on something for the inflammation beforehand which she did. I kept the sites as clean as possible and didn't touch or meddle with it. So far, I can see very minimal swelling and tiny marks from where the shots were given. Other than that, I feel fine. If anything changes for the worst, i'll post it. If nothing bad happens, and the swelling goes down in 10 days as she said it would, I may consider going for the next treatment in 2 weeks ONLY if that occurs and she can minimize the pain. Otherwise, it definitely won't be worth it.
i cannot say becuase I got my money back and had to sign a do not disclose statement (in the dallas area)