The shots were more painful than I had anticipated...

The shots were more painful than I had anticipated. Went home that night iced my legs and the swelling began. It was so painful and hard to move my legs. Then in the morning open lesions began forming at the injection sites. Called the doctor, they said to give it time, but I stopped by the office anyways. She immediately put me on an anitbiotic. Wound sites continued to grow- my legs were very bruised, I had one injection site that continued to ooze and took 2 rounds of antibiotics and then I was finally sent to a plastic surgeon to clean out the wound area. It was painful to have the open wound cleaned out and now I have a scar the size of a nickel. I still have red bruised looking areas and it has been 1 1/2 years later. They told me I could try some laser treatments to fix that. Finally, after 1 year, some legal threats, I finally got my original monies back. PS- before that I had liposuction on a larger area of my thighs and stomach - I had very little bruising and was up and around after 2 days of downtime. I thought this would help the last small problem area above my knees - I would never do anything like that again and will only go to a plastic surgeon... do your homework - don't be dumb like me! I haven't put on a swimsuit in years because the area above my knees look like they've been beat up... I would do liposuction any day over mesotherapy!
i cannot say becuase I got my money back and had to sign a do not disclose statement (in the dallas area)

Did you have it done in your area or did you travel to have it done?
I was reading a few reviews and thought I'd add mine. I just got Meso injections today to my stomach, and like most of you, it was far more painful than I expected to be. I pride myself on having a high pain tolerance which says a lot to me. However, the doctor warned me several times that the abdomen was a lot more painful area to have it initially. Anyway, I did do a lot research prior to making my decision but most importantly, i'm a nurse and my friend who recommended it to me, after having it done herself to her thighs and lose 20 pounds told me she was starting back on hers, is also a nurse. We know what should and shouldn't occur. We also know to look for signs of infection and inflammation. Infection is definitely not something you want. A bit inflammation however is expected and I did tell my doctor I wanted her to put me on something for the inflammation beforehand which she did. I kept the sites as clean as possible and didn't touch or meddle with it. So far, I can see very minimal swelling and tiny marks from where the shots were given. Other than that, I feel fine. If anything changes for the worst, i'll post it. If nothing bad happens, and the swelling goes down in 10 days as she said it would, I may consider going for the next treatment in 2 weeks ONLY if that occurs and she can minimize the pain. Otherwise, it definitely won't be worth it.

Hi buffybla -- Would you mind posting this as a separate review? (Here's the form to write a review) That way your opinion will be calculated into our "Was it worth it?" score for mesotherapy.

Thanks!

In response to CKStephie-- Your story sounds exactly like mine except that I didn't get my money back! The scars and bruising on my legs are on my inner thighs; but 2 1/2 years later, I can't wear shorts or a swimsuit...and I guess I never will. I've tried laser treatments and all sorts of things but nothing has helped! I wish someone could help.
Hello, Who are you posting to? Because I did follow the doctor's care. I had smart lipo not Meso. I agree I do look awful but feel that I was not the one at fault for my result. I Trusted that this plastci surgeon was skilled at the art of using a smart lipo machine. It is obvious by my outcome that this is the result of anything but a skilled physician. Granted I could have been a better candidate by exercising and dieting but if I was not a good candidate for this surgery that could have and should have been discussed prior to the surgery. I did everything that the doctor said to do. I even wore the garment longer than necessary to ensure a good result. As an option they said to go out and by Spandex to futher enhance results. I did that too. While I am very compassionate about your story and situation I do not feel you have a right to speak out about others when your are incorrect. Either this post is not for me or you have been misinformed somewhere along the way. Good luck with your future procedures and I hope that you have the courage one day to wear shorts again. It is sad that I too feel the same way.
Did you follow what the doctor ordered you to do post-care? With meso, you're supposed to keep heat on the area, not ice it. The heat keeps the miso working, because it's gallbladder bile that targets fat cells, and you stopped it dead in it's tracks. The swelling and bruising happens because of the doctor injecting at the sites and breaking the capillaries, but you should have been drinking heavy fluids, at least 6 glasses of water a day. Your after-effects are awful and I would sue over them as well, but if your doctor didn't know about proper after care, then that's what I'd sue them over.
How do you know this? About the after care. Will that really make a difference? If you have had the proceedure...were your results good? I have an appt. this week. I'm nervous now and am contemplating cancelling after viewing these pictures and reading her story. I have had lipo on my legs as this woman did years ago and have not worn a bathingsuit or shorts since. My knees look HORRIBLE! I am stuck inside long skirts in the summer months. : ( I am new to the dating scene again after years of marriage and I want to feel good about wearing SIMPLE SHORTS!! I went to a few plastic surgeon to try and fix it. No one would work with me either because I'd already worked with that other doctor who I saw two times to correct the problem or they felt uneasy about doing it. I"m NOT going back for a third with the old doctor, He's done enough damage. Anyone have any suggestions? Tv shows and articles make these proceedures seem so easy and perfect. It's a nightmare for more than a few of us. The original doctor I saw was professional and had years of experience and all the right credentials. It did not do me personally any good.
I just got my second treatment done today. Both times it was like a swarm of bees stung me and then moves to a burning beat up feeling. The first time I didn't bruise but this time I am getting some. However I think I saw a little bit of result after the first treatment and looking forward to seeing where this goes
thanks for your story. I hope that you are doing better now.