51 Years Young, Ready to Look As Young As I Feel

I am 51 years young and tired of my kangaroo pouch...

I am 51 years young and tired of my kangaroo pouch and muffin top that just won't go away. I have 2 grown children, have had 3 abdominal surgeries, and of course, my young age might play a factor in my skin laxity and pouch that I cannot get rid of. I weigh less than I did in high school and feel wonderful....at one point I was wearing a size 20 pants. I have now been in a size 8 for the past year and maintained my weight of 150ish for the past 5 years. I have worked hard and saved my money and now it is time for me. I have wanted a tummy tuck for years but never felt justified in spending the money. Now that I have waited so long, the aging tatas need some attention too, and I finally have the money, so I figured why not do it all at one time? One recovery, one anesthesia and faciility charge, one time for everything. So here I go. Scheduled for August 11th... standard tummy tuck, breast lift (no augmentation) and lipo to flanks. I am so excited yet nervous. Anxious and happy. Can't believe I am going to post these humiliating awful pics, but figured they are all part of my journey and I will regret it if I don't have a reference point when I am wondering why the heck I decided to go through this?!?! I have been researching and stalking this site for about 3 months now. Feel like y'all are my friends already! Wish me luck - cause I wish all of you the best of luck. Hugs and happy healing ladies!

Had my pre-op appointment...Got scared stressed. I got the low down on the prep and shaving instructions. I feel like I am jumping out of an airplane. 5.5 hours anesthia :/ How are you today dazzlady ?
Will you share the low down?
Sure :) Blood work was a CBC and Basic Metabolic Panel. Very quick exam . The nurse said to shave 2 days prior then I have a Cholorahex prep wipes to use after my shower the night before and that morning. I will meet the Anesthesologist in the am before my surgery. My surgery is in the hospital.Just felt stressed about being in surgery for 5 .5 hours. Seems so long. DreamCruiser when is yours.?

Pre-Op tomorrow

Looking forward to my pre-op appointment in the morning. Get my final questions answered, scripts, and marching orders for the next several days. Rented a very comfy power recliner this afternoon. I am ready to get this show on the road!!

Let us know how it goes!!! My power recliner will be here on Monday! So nervous!
Does anyone have a checklist of items post op ? My Ps did not even recommend the recliner . THanks Ladies.
Pre-OP day!!! Cant wait to hear from you. 5 more days :)

Pre-Op appointment went fine

First thing they did was my Playboy photo shoot. LOL. Be looking for me in the senior citizens edition...I'll be the one with the purple panties scrunched down and the kangaroo pouch hanging out! Got my script for pain - hydrocodone- and requested something for nausea, so they gave me promethazine script too. Doc came in and took another look - answered all my questions. He is great - made me feel much more at ease about it all. He thought the power recliner was a great idea. I asked if he thought he could go low enough on my incision to get rid of some of the scar tissue I have from previous surgery. I thinks he can. Yay! It is thick and painful so glad he can remove it! Told me I could shower the next day - no problem. Drains will stay in for a week, sounds like. Cause my first post-op won't be for 8 days. That's OK....I have had drains before and they were bothersome but not too bad. I will go home in a surgical bra and CG that they provide....it will be on me when I wake up in recovery. Stitches in tummy will be dissolving, breasts might have a few that will not be - depends what he ends up doing. He told me I will definitely have the lollipop incision at the least....more likely the T though. Whatever gives me the best lift and shape I am good with. Unless a child gets put on the schedule in the next 2 days, I will report in at 6:45 Monday morning - surgery at 7:30!

I have purchased way too much, I'm sure. But since I am going to my friend's house for the first few days, I wanted to make sure I was prepared. Here is what I have: multi-vitamins, vitamin C, zinc, stool softener, probiotics, fiber, milk of magnesia, extra strength tylenol, bromelain, arnica, gas-x. Peroxide, antibiotic ointment, Q-tips, gauze pads, hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, maxi pads (for cushioned absorbency under CG), wet wipes, Surgical compression bra,, 2 cotton front closure sports bras, boy short panties (heard this helps with rubbing of CG). Body pillow, travel pillow for neck, shower stool. Boost protein drinks, coconut water, pineapple, lots of bottled water. Thermometer. Power recliner. Haha! Think I have enough?? Oh yea...hand held mirror to inspect incision.
Oh yea, I also got mederma and Scar Away silicon strips for scar therapy on down the road....

I sure am glad

....that I'm not the only one who is so excited, yet nervous, about their surgery! It's all I think about! Monday cannot get here soon enough...

Wow! You are all set! I hope I will be early on Tuesday - just want to get it over with! Thinking of you dazzlady!
I am nervous too, but today at my pre-op my PS made me feel so good about it all. Much less nervous than I was before. Ask me again Sunday night though....haha! It's so nice to have you ladies to chat with and share our concerns, feelings, etc. Thanks!
Just checked your update for today. Yay for boobs! They look great!!! I know you are so happy! I am getting the Exparel - well worth it I'm told. So glad my PS uses it on all his patients. Are you wearing compression socks at home? I asked my PS about it today and he said it was a good idea to wear them. Says I can get them at WalMart and to get 15-20 mm pressure. I will get my bendy straws while I am there too! LOL.

4 more days...

I think I have made more lists in the last month than I have made in my entire life! Supply list, grocery list, things to do before surgery list, what I need to get done at work before surgery list, packing list of what to take to my friend's house for recuperation, etc. Then I update them all with what I have done, and start all over again! LOL. I am more excited than nervous at this point. Feel like all the waiting is gonna be so worthwhile. I did have a dream last night that a light bulb went out in my kitchen and I climbed up to change it and fell and busted all my stitches. I think it stemmed from all the thinking about "gotta let people help me for awhile and not be so independent"...Got a call from my PS office today to confirm surgery time on Monday. They did end up with a child on the schedule, so I don't report until 8:30 - surgery should be around 9:15. Got my yard mowed today. Gotta work both jobs tomorrow, then gonna finish laundry, clean house, cook some chicken, pack and take stuff to my friend's house this weekend. Monday will be here before I know it! Yippee!

Got Brave

I posted pics earlier of the droopy boobs, but deleted them because I felt weird about having half naked pics of myself out here on the internet. Well, I decided the heck with it and am gonna put some out there again. I want a good reflection of my before and after journey, so here goes.

Excited for you!!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!
Sending prayers and love your way for tomorrow.
Thanks!! Getting ready to go take my cholorhex shower......

Today is the day I have been waiting for...

I am headed out. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Everything will be fine. Just remember 1. Patience 2. Eat protein, yogurts, oranges, etc to heal really good 3. Rest 4. Walk slowly and hunched at the beginning. I' m 7 weeks PO from BL, TT with MR and today is my 7th week. I have really taken good care of my self by not lifting heavy things nor am I running, just walking every day for 30 min. I haven't had any complications and I am healing really beautiful! Take really good care and happy healing :)
I pray that everything went beautifully! :)
Good luck sweetheart. Wish you the best hot and sexy body ever!!!

Surgery went well

and they tell me I am doing great. Thanks to Exparel, pain is not intolerable. Kinda burning and tight feeling at incisions. I have been getting up walking around some this afternoon. Even drained my own drains a few minutes ago. Very tired. Gotta eat a little something and take a pain med soon. I will post more tomorrow.

Happy Day for you! Welcome to recuperation boot camp! Lol
Yay girl so happy for u!!!
Yeah DazzLady! Wishing you positive thoughts and prayers. I'm happy surgery went well. Looking forward to your posts!

Still doing very well!

Good morning! So far today, I am doing fine. I can get up by myself and walk around by myself. Not for too long, though. Truthfully, I expected the pain to be much worse. Still all wrapped up, but gonna have a shower this afternoon, so maybe I can get a pic to post. If things keep going as they are now, I will recover quite nicely!

congrats Dazzlady. How long was your surgery ? Wishing you a continued great recovery.
Congrats lady, so happy for you. Wishing a quick recovery and a happy sexy body. Pls post pics soon
Dazzlady, I'm so happy for you. Welcome to the flat side. Glad to hear that the Exparel worked for you. I told you it's worth every penny. Stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. I can't believe that you can take a shower already. Good for you. Make sure someone is near the bathroom to listen for you. I heard that some people get light headed. Keep us posted.

1st shower. Felt wonderful. So I got a peek....here is is.

you look really super. Nice perky boobs and flat tummy.
Looking good. Your incision is nice and low with a lovely belly button. Congrats.
Dazz.....how was your night? where are you sleeping? Can't wait to hear today's update. Thanks for sharing with us! Thinking of you!

3 Days Post-Op

I am feeling much better than I expected to be at this point. Still resting a good bit, but finding that the more I get up and move around, the better I feel. My goal is to be able to stand up straight by the end of today. We'll see how that goes. I have been sleeping in the recliner, but just tested out laying in the bed - pillows under my knees - and I think I will try sleeping there tonight. I think it will help my aching back. More sweling and bruising has shown up this morning. But it is all part of the recovery. Hope all my surgery buddies are doing well today!

How was sleeping in the bed the other night? I'm still in recliner!!! Happy healing!
Hey twin. i am trying to balance moving and not overdoing it ! LOL. My boobs bother me with the swelling. Does any one know how long that is ? I cant shower yet till my drains are out. Prob next Tues .I slept in my bed last night. I am still huntched over too. Laughing, cough or sneeze OUCH! Take care Daz How is today .?
Hi twin, I know what you mean about trying to balance rest vs. activity. I felt so good yesterday....better than today, actually. Feeling a lot more pulling and tightness in the abs today and I was walking a little straighter yesterday. Might have overdone it a little. I have been sleeping great. Actually slept 6 hours straight last night. I was still in the recliner last night. I laid it all the way back and elevated my feet with 3 pillows, and it was very comfy. Weird how my doc let me take a shower the first day, drains and all. And others won't. I have taken a shower every day. Thanks goodness I haven't sneezed yet! Cough and laugh, yes, but I do NOT want to sneeze! My boobs don't hurt at all, but I did not have implants, just the lift. They are bruised yellow today. Lovely. I will get my drains out next Tuesday as well, and I am ready! Have a great day today!!

5-Days Post-Op

Today was a great day! Went to the store with my friend / nurse, we drove around looking at houses, then stopped and ate lunch on the way back to his house. It felt so great to get out of the house and it was a beautiful day! Watched a movie, now getting ready to take a shower before I kinda settle in for the evening. Thinking about going home tomorrow. I live by myself, so stayed with him for a bit, but feel good and think it's time to go home. I am able to do everything myself, and have been off painkillers since day 2. We'll see how I feel in the morning. Hope all my surgery buddies are doing well! Let me know!

Awesome!
Good you had a good day out. Maybe he can help you get your house ready for your return. Lower things in the closets and shelves in the kitchen ( make everything countertop available), make a grocery store run, etc. Glad you are doing well.
He did. I am home. Felt really good this morning so decided to head home. My friend brought his hand held shower head with us and installed it in my shower, set everything up for me. Feels good to be home, although I felt very at home at his house too. Just want to start to get back to normal, I guess. Looking forward to my post-op on Tuesday, and hopefully get these drains out. I know you are more than ready to get yours out tomorrow! How you feeling today?

Ouchie!

Yes, sneezing does hurt! Be sure to grab a pillow ladies! I am home today. Woke up feeling really good, so decided it was time to move back home and try to start getting back to normal. I am so thankful for my great friend for helping me through the first week. Never could have done it without him. He brought his hand held shower and installed it in my shower when we brought all my stuff home today. I would definitely have missed that. So now I have a couple days all alone...hope I don't get weepy! So far, I haven't had any of the emotional ride, so would like to keep it that way! Looking forward to my post-op on Tuesday morning - thinking they will take out drains and stitches. Hope all you ladies are enjoying your Sunday. Think I'm gonna take a nap....

Am for sure enjoying my Sunday! Hope you will love being home...and enjoy your time to yourself. Hugs!
Yeah! Home sweet home. Keep up the great healing!
Glad you are home and recovering well. I have tried coughing b/c keep getting a tickle in throat, and it hurts so bad!

What supplies did I REALLY use?

I was one of those that bought everything I could think of for recovery. If I read that it helped someone recover easier, better, faster....I was logging into Amazon and placing an order! I did use much of what I purchased, but here is what were the necessities for me: 1) power recliner - I rented it for $80 for a month and it has been wonderful. 2) shower chair - I was able to shower since the day after surgery so the shower chair provided me safety and security and eased my aching back. At one week post-op I am still using it. 3) travel pillow - saved my aching neck at first while sleeping semi-upright in the recliner. 4) tank tops for under my binder - saves me from the itchy red skin! 5) extra front closure sports / surgical bras 6) protein shakes - had little to no appetite the first few days, yet knew I needed to be putting protein in my body! 7) Colace/Milk of Magnesia - I never felt constipated, thank goodness. Started colace 2 days pre-op and MOM 3 days Post-op. 8) Triple antibiotic ointment - for around the drain sites. Kept them from getting dried out and pinching. 9) Extra pillows - for under my knees 10) Lip moisturizer!

I used very little in the way of wound dressing, even though I purchased peroxide, alcohol pads, gauze pads, tape, etc. I cleaned the incision sites with soap and water in the shower, and had no drainage after Post-op day 1. I also purchase coconut water, which I found tastes like sweaty armpits, so I am either going to find someone who wants it, or it is going into the garbage can soon! Blah!

Awesome update, Dazz! I'm hoping my experience is as good as yours. A huge thank you on the list of things used. I've been starting to do the same - I read something and it's getting added to my Amazon cart :) Question for you about your sports bra: how did you pick the correct size? I've been on the verge of buying a couple but am unsure what size to buy.
G-Lily - I just had a lift, no augmentation. Figured I would be a little smaller, but close to same size. Since it was just sports bras, I bought my usual large, and they have been fine. I AM curious what actual cup size I am now that surgery is over. Won't know for a few weeks, once incisions are healed and I can try on actual bras. Good luck with your surgery! I had my post-op today and the doc said I was doing 10 out of 10!
Dazz...great update, especially on items used. The one thing I have not bought is coconut water, maybe that is a good thing....I do have protein powder and frozen pineapple....wonder is coconut milk would be good with a shake? Yummy, I do like the coconut milk....but full of calories. I have an old plastic chair and it fits perfectly in my shower,my son used it after his accident this past fall....worked well. Thanks for your sharing your journey!

Post-Op Appointment

Today was my first post-op visit with my PS. He took a look and asked me some questions and told me I got a 10 out of 10 on my recovery. I feel like I have done way better than I expected, so glad to hear I was on target. They removed one of my drains, and if the remaining one doesn't put out over 30 cc's in 24 hours, I will get the other one removed Thursday am. I haven't been draining a whole lot, so thinking that will happen. But if not, I'm all for keeping it in until I'm ready. Dang sure don't want a seroma and have to go get drained with a needle twice a week! I have had drains before, so I knew it wouldn't hurt when they pulled them out, but it still causes a little intake of breath, and ya still kinda dread it. So anyhow, 1 down, 1 to go. All of my stitches are dissolving, so that will just take time. Feeling good today and so thankful that all has gone so well for me after this surgery. Hope all you girls are having a great day!

Hang in there twin.You will ace this challenge.
Sounds great Dazz...10 out of 10, the BEST! Thanks for sharing your lovely journey with us. You continue to be an inspiration, hope I can recover just like you!
Thanks Dream. I hope you recover just like me too! It took me years to finally decide to go for it. Mainly because I had a very bad post-op experience after my hysterectomy in 2007. I ended up having 3 major surgeries in 3 weeks, had adhesions and tearing, then a terrible staph infection where I ended up on a wound vac and with a home health nurse. It was awful. So I made sure to do everything I possibly could to prepare my body and be as strong and healthy as possible going into this surgery. And it has paid off for sure. Eat healthy, don't try to diet in the two weeks before surgery - just eat lots of protein, take a good multi-vitamin, and I took extra vitamin C and zinc. I continue to eat that way now, post-op.

Scar Treatment

Very soon I will begin scar treatment. My PS says there are a lot of good creams out there, but he truly believes that the actual massage is key to healing the scars. I need some input from you ladies that are currently or have previously used scar treatment "stuff". I have mederma and silicon strips. What have y'all found to work the best for you? And are there massage techniques that are best?

Am curious about what everyone says about scar therapy...massage sounds to be #1 so far. Hope you have a great day!
My PS swears by biocorneum with spf30. He sells it. I bought mine on Amazon. I've read it on other RS reviews as well.
My PS does Too. What about massage?

No More Drains!

Got the last one removed this morning...yay! I don't feel like an alien anymore! Don't have to go back now for 4 weeks unless i need anything. This lady is ready to get back in the groove!

Yeah , congrats
YAY!!!! A free woman now!

Finally

I can finally wear my strapless without my saggy boobs pushing it down! Whoohoo!

Wow - you look amazing!!!
Awesome strapless, and super waist! you GO girl!
You look aawesome. so you put some antibiotic cream at least the drain sites right after surgery?

Here is my new corset....very comfy!

I bought it at WalMart before my surgery and I love it!

You are looking amazing!!! For my scars my dr recommended beginning massage at 4 wks post op and using the silicone strips starting at 4 wks. For people that continue to have raised scars or keloid type scars they can do steroid injections into the scar.
Thanks for the info. Sounds pretty close to what the nurse told me last visit.
Oh how darn cute! And such an awesome waist. I hope you are proud of yourself for this journey you took on! Beautiful!

Back to Work

Tomorrow will be my first day back to work at my full-time job. I feel like I am ready, although I'm betting I will be ready for a nap when I get home! Been trying to stay up and busy the past few days in preparation.

How is your first day going?
Good luck with your first day back!
You'll have to let me know how your first day goes…I'll be going back around the same time as well…let me know how you manage. I'm a little nervous about that!

First day back to work - 14 days post-op

First day back went OK. Keep in mind this was my desk job. Went in about 7:30 and by 1:30 I could hear my recliner calling my name! LOL. Stuck it out until about 3:15 and by then I was feeling tired, very tight, and starting to hunch over and walk kinda slow, which surprised me cause I have been upright for several days. Once again, my body telling me it was time to rest. Came home and have been relaxing for a few hours. Got up to make my lunch for tomorrow and grab a bite to eat, then back to the recliner I go!

Glad you had a good day back at work - each day will get easier and better!
Glad you had a good first day back - hope the days get easier from here on out. Just listen to your body!
Yikes, that's crazy. It sounds like a tiring day. Did you sit most of the day? I hope I'll be OK….I'm supposed to go back on the 2nd…so I'll be 13 days post op….hmmmm

Rough Day

Today, just for a fleeting moment - or several - I had the terrible feeling that I was going backward in my recovery progress. I know that I am not, and that so far I have been so fortunate to have had an easy and relatively painless recovery with no complications. But the last couple of days I have been feeling so tired, soooo tight, and having trouble walking up straight, even though I was upright last week. I know its because of going back to work and having a little swelling, but I got nervous for some odd reason. But being a reasonable person, I got to thinking - this is probably just my next phase of healing. Seems to me that if the skin is starting to "knit" back to the muscles and nerves, etc. it would be logical that the tightness would increase some before it gets all better?? Is anyone else experiencing this super tightness? It's not just at the end of my work day. It starts in the morning. Maybe I need to walk more? Any thoughts?

How are you feeling Dazz?
You look great!
Thanks, Angerra. Feeling pretty good too. How are you doing??

2nd week back to work

Still feeling good, although I do hope this super tight feeling lets up a tad soon. Went to the mall and walked around yesterday afternoon. Got my free panty from VS. (See pic.) Getting ready for work now. Have a great day y'all!

I wanna close up of those puppies!!! Gee they look great! Thought about a lift, but then decided a bra is cheaper! You DO look FAB!!!!
You look fabulous:) So great!!!
Cute panties. I can't believe a lift did all of that; good job. You are looking amazing as ever.

Closeup of puppies!

Haha! Per request by Realitynut, here is a closeup of my "puppies". Lifted - no implants. I am very happy with them. I actually considered a reduction, but the lift made them slightly smaller - and I can pass a pencil test with flying colors now!!

Gelzone

I have not started scar therapy yet, except for massage. Still have some scabs and stitches that haven't dissolved. Today I ordered a Gelzone wrap on Amazon. It provides compression as well as the silicone and looked like it would stay on well. Has anyone used the Gelzone before?

Great puppies and BB, with nice curves in the waist. Sweet job Dazz, and congrats on passing the pencil test, THAT will be my test of a good BL....the pencil WILL fall.

Side view

...of puppies....

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Didn't work the first time

Try again

Nice puppies! Amazing what just a BL can do, huh?
I know right? I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out!
Ugh - no gelzone for me. Way too long (too much gel area and CGs usually get bunchy when you sit) - no need for the entire belt to be gel'd when the TT scar is only in the front. There was another RSer who got one... can't remember who.... mykindofwonderful?? can't remember. Anyway, I'm using Scar Away silicone scar sheets (long ones for TT scar, short ones for under-boob). Let me know how that works for you.

Just a little hiccup

Recovery has been going so well....can't complain too much about a small hiccup. I noticed a place under my right breast a couple days ago that was open slightly. Thought it was just cause of the scab coming off. Put some neosporin on it and went on about my business. Last night it looked worse and red and had some pus draining. I cleaned it up and figured it was a stitch festering in there. Went by my PS office today and sure enough, it was a stitch causing an abscess. Nurse got the stitch, cleaned it up, and called me in a script. Hopefully it will clear up in a few days. Hope no more of these stitches decide to act up! I hope everyone had a good Friday and here's to a great weekend!

You are beautiful! It's a good thing you caught that infection! Recovery is such a wicked path... Lots of turns and twists. Keep your eye on the prize and honestly.... You look amazing!
Dazz, I hope it heals quickly but still keep a close eye on it. Wish you continued successful healing.
Hope you heal fast!

No more recliner

So...I called Aaron's and told them to pick up the power recliner that I rented for a month on Monday. I sure will miss that chair. We have spent so much time together over the past month! We even slept together on our first night! LOL. I actually thought about going ahead and buying it, but I really don't have room for it in my living room, so it's gotta go.

I received my Gelzone wrap in the mail yesterday. My incision has finally lost all the scabs - still a few stitches in there to dissolve or work their way out - whichever they decide to do - but I think I am going to put the wrap on after my shower this afternoon. Got the ScarAway sheets to use on my breasts whenever they are finally healed enough, but those scars look like they are already healing very nicely. Do you girls even use anything around the nipple? I don't think I will need to. BB either.

So I got on the scale this morning. Was kinda surprised - even with the swelling and the sitting around like a blob not being able to exercise - I was down 6 lbs. since surgery. I'm ok with my weight - not trying to lose - just need to tone - especially my butt after sitting on it way too much lately! Hoping in a couple weeks I will feel like doing some workouts...

Hope you ladies have a wonderful week. Hugs and happy healing to all!

You look wonderful and very youthful!
Let us know how the Gelzone works:) The scabs just feel off on their own after a month? I can't wait…lol….
Your doing great twin. You must not have time to snack LOL. I use scar cream around my nipples and BB. PS said keep it moisturized.They have healed beautifully. My breast scars are healing but dark. Will check out gelzone.

Gelzone Review

OK ladies. So I wore the Gelzone wrap the night I received it. Lasted all of about 3 hours till I took it off. It is 6" wide and sticks to your skin (as it should), but it was pulling on my skin and I couldn't handle it. I really wanted to use it because the moisture factor is awesome so knew it would be great for my TT scar. Yesterday I cut it in half lengthwise and tried it again. Voila! No more pulling and it felt good! Compression and moisture on my scar! I plan to use it more in the evening and at night while I sleep - not so much at work during the day.

Nothing else really new, other than the fact that it seems like my tummy muscles are tighter this week than week 2. Guessing it's just part of the healing process, but it's all I can do to walk upright the past couple of days! Anyone else feel like that at week 4?

This healing process is very long….that's what it feels like. LOL. I wish it was as fast as the surgery. LOL
I like the binders now - just not the cheapy one from my PS! lol. The tighter the corset, the straighter I stand and walk and less pressure on my stomach muscles. It is a bit crampy when you sit or drive too long, and you get some crazy indent marks, but I have a bunch of corsets, girdles, spanx, etc, to choose from and I hardly ever go without wearing one. My fave now is my super tight one from aliexpress only bcz I can barely hook-eye close the darn thing on (so glad I got rid of the press-on nails!), and I guess bcz it's made in China it has softer boning (haha- cheaper boning!) so they don't quite reach up to my boobs to bother the incisions and they're not so stiff so that it digs. Now I wear that one all the time under my clothes when I go out.
I am gonna go order one. I ordered some bras from Aliexpress the other day. I am still searching for THE ONE, so maybe that will be it! Loved your videos!

Thought I might have gotten lucky and avoided Swell Hell...

But alas...I did not! Guess I am one of the late bloomers who had little swelling at first, but tomorrow is my one month mark, and the swelling is here with a vengeance! Truthfully, this is the part I dreaded the most. But I expected it, so no surprise. Went from 143 pounds yesterday morning to 148 this morning! And 33 inch waist last week to almost 36 today! LOL. I fully expect when this all settles out to have a smaller waist, just gotta be patient. I wear some sort of CG all the time, including at night. Hoping this phase of the healing passes by soon. But no matter - I DO KNOW it will get better and be so worth it!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

How do I change the Worth It?

Since I started my review prior to surgery, I selected "Not Sure" under Worth it on my original profile. How do I change that to a big THUMBS UP?

Oh man…I'm scared still about this swell hell thing…what does it look like??? NOOOOO…..I hope yours goes away soon:)
I don't look pregnant, like some ladies say they do. I just get "thicker" through the torso and my CG starts feeling very tight. No one else can tell except me, but I would hesitate to wear normal pants right now. Palazzos, dresses, and stretchy skirts for now!
I do that too Daz I feel thick with no waist from the swelling.I cant wear my jeans or capris.It can take up to 6 months for some to heal completely. The lymphatic circulation was disturbed in surgery. It takes time to return to normal function.

Does anybody know?

Trying not to dwell on the swell....(I'm such a poet!)...but does anybody worry that this swelling is kinda stretching out your skin? I want that flat tummy I saw after surgery! Seems like the swelling would stretch the skin?

Dazz, we all have days where we want to press the fast forward button. Just continue to wear some type of compression garment to help with the swelling. To me I look like I have a boxy shape that I didn't have before. The first week I was super flat, good thing I took pictures because I haven't been that flat again. I read about the swell hell But to experience to pulling and tightness of your stomach is totally different than reading about it. So in a nut shell you are not alone. Continue to take pictures each week so we can document your own process and each week you will notice subtle changes. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm much better than last week but still months to go. Hang in there.
Yeah….I agree….I just keep telling myself…3 months….it'll go by quick. I try not to think about it:) LOL.
Daz as long as it isnt a large pocket of fluid like a seroma...You will be fine .could take up to 6 months. You arent even 3 yet. It will be ok. I dont wear a binder that is too tight so the fliud can be reabsorbed. I know everyone is different on their opinions. I swell everyday esp at night from gravity.You will have a tight tummy when its done.

Before and Afters

Just messing around with different picture collage apps and trying to get some before and afters. Here is one...

Didn't upload...try again...

You look amazing! Great job on the weight loss! I've contemplated getting a lift / reduction (32H) but with what happened with healing from my TT, I'm way too scared that I would end up losing a nipple! lol Your scarring that you showed on your now perky tatas looks amazing. How is your TT scar? Did he get it low enough to take out that other scarring?
LOL. I know what you mean about scared cause of prior surgical mishaps! TT scar looks good. It is very even and YES he got it low enough to take out the previous scars that bothered me and actually hurt! Yippee!
Looking great lady. Thanks for the comments on my page. You have a great result. You sure don't look too swollen to me. Course, YOU know how you feel, better than anybody. I don't really think the swelling stretches the skin too much, so don't worry about that. Keep doing what you're doing, cause it looks like you're healing/recovering well. :-DSuzy

Looks like a revision is in my future...

So I went for another follow-up with my PS today. I just love him and his staff. Nurse Lisa gave me a once-over. Told me my TT scar looked great - like I was 6 months post instead of 5 weeks. Sounded good so guess I will continue with the gel zone wrap and massage. She took about 3 more "dissolvable" stitches out for me that were trying to worm their way outta my body. Then Doc came in - said TT looked great. Looked at my boobs, kinda tilted his head side to side, and told me that he thought they would look better if he took a little more skin off the bottom and tucked them up a bit more. Wow. I did not expect that at all. Here I am all happy as heck cause they are perky again! But he is a perfectionist - good! - and I walked over to the mirror and he showed me what he was talking about. He also said it would help with future perkiness longevity....I just made that phrase up....and anything that will make them perky till I'm 100 years old works for me! I asked what all it would entail, and he said he could probably do it with just a local - we are gonna have to discuss that some more - not sure I like the sound of that, but also don't wanna go under general anesthesia again - maybe a local with valium - or some good drugs? LOL. He would cut on just the horizontal incisions of my breasts - remove some more skin - and sew me back up. So there would be no additional additions or scarring. I asked if he could do it on a Friday and I go back to work Monday? He said probably - yes. But he wants to wait 2 months and wait until everything is totally settled, then we will make a decision. I really love that he is such a perfectionist. So now I go back in November and we go from there. Oh yea, the PS clinic is also collecting new or gently used bras for a local shelter. I have lots of gently used DD bras that I am going to donate, cause my lift took me to a D - even fit in some Cs. And for every bra you donate you get entered into a drawing for a $150 gift card - gee, if I win, I might have to get some juvederm or botox or something! LOL. Happy healing, girls!

What a great review..Your PS is awesome. I am with you NO general. I would look into some Versed/Valium. Glad you are healing well. I hope you win your prize!
Dazz, what a shock about the revision. Awesome that the doc is a perfectionist though. And two more months to see how things settle is a great idea. Perky at 100 years would be fantastic. Hugs!
I know, right Dream?? But when he showed me in the mirror what he was suggesting, I had to agree it looked better.....and even perkier than ever! LOL. Hell, I was just glad to have those puppies up where they belong!

No additional incisions....not additions.

Sure wish we could edit...

Just saying Hi Dazz, and hoping you have a fab weekend.
Dazz, that's great that your PS is a perfectionist and wants you to stay perky. Most PS would probably ignore it and more on to the next person. Do you like the gel zone wrap?
Yea Sexy. I'm lucky I found a great PS. : ) The gelzone was too wide for comfort, so I cut it in half lengthwise and now I love it. It really keeps the scar hydrated.

Pretty CG

Pretty CG
Wanted to show you a pic of my "pretty" new shapewear I got in the mail today. I decided to order a pretty one from Amazon the other day. That is a tough task, cause shapewear is not made to be pretty! I did find this one, however, and I actually really like it! It is made by Curvi, has very pretty embroidery, made of breathable fabric so it's not hot, and it has removable straps. Retails for $59.99, but I paid $19.99 on Amazon. I am going to post a pic and a video, but I have no idea if the video will work cause I have never done it before. I also have been on my feet and worked all day so I am swollen and look like Spongebob Squarepants. LOL. Happy healing to all my RS friends, and have a wonderful weekend!

Very cute! Reminds me of the lingerie I sold at Neiman Marcus in L.A. 30 years ago- women wore the "lingerie" as clothing!
Sexy Daz you found one worth wearing !!! Looking great by the way....
Looking Sexxy!

Scar - one day and 6 weeks post op

I try to remember the kinds of things I wanted to see and read about prior to making the decision to proceed with my surgery. One of them was the TT scar. Not that it was a deciding factor by any means, but I was curious to see progression of scar healing and compare treatments. Here is a pic of my scar the day after my surgery and today. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks post op. Ignore the lines across my tummy - I have been wearing my binder all day. I am pretty happy with the scar treatment and short term results. Thinking in 6 months it will look so much better!

Looks amazing!
Your scar looks AMAZING. Bet it'll be SUPER light by 6 months. Congrats :-DSuzy
It looks so awesome! I'm jealous and so excited for you! That's a great way to show the progression too. It is a major concern and it's nice to know it heals and can be so faint. It will be so nice when I don't have to think about it. Right now it's become a way of life.

To CG or not to CG....that is the question...

I have been experimenting for about the past week with wearing and not wearing any type of CG, binder, shapewear, whatever you wanna call it. I measured morning and noon with and without it, 5pm with and without it, and bedtime too. I did this on weekend days as well as workdays. My eating and drinking habits are always about the same, so not much of a variable involved with that. My hypothesis was that on the days that I didn't wear a cg, my swelling would be worse, measurements larger, and I would feel miserable. However, that was not the case. Measurements were exactly the same each day, whether I wore one or not! From morning until bedtime, my waist size increases 3 inches every day, and I look like Spongebob Squarepants after 5pm. And truthfully, I am starting to like not wearing any support garments, because on the days that I do, they get tighter and tighter throughout the day and I feel miserable and can't wait to get home from work and take it off for a little while. I do still sleep in my binder every night. So I am asking all my RS sisters out there.....what did your PS tell you about wearing one vs. not? Mine pretty much left it up to me at this point, but I want the best end results, so willing to sacrifice now if I need to. I await your input. : )

PS also mentioned if CG is too tight it'll do more harm than good. My CG bottoms can cut across my upper abs where my swelling is most significant, so switching to a Cami which is smooth over than area works best for me and isn't as constricting
My PS recommended CG to reduce swelling as activity increased but also said to allow for comfort. I wear it during exercise then switch to only a compression cami
Well Spongebob... ( haaa! U crack me up ) ... I went to my ps last week and was 5 weeks out and I see him Oct 21 and he said to keep wrg it as he walked out and I mentioned I didn't like him and he just grinned and said keep it on! I think they r all diff. I've heard some like it cause it feels safe and others are happy wo it. I am so tired of being hot! Especially sleeping! I wake up a lot and I think it's cause I'm hot. I think it's amazing u did ur own experiment. If it's no big diff and ur happy .. Do what's best for u! I think I'm one of the ones that feels protected in it. I don't think this is a good thing either!

Before and After

Today I got my B&A pics from my PS office. Wow. Did I really look that awful? LOL. Just reaffirms that I made a good decision when I had this surgery!

I think we will all feel that way about the before pictures. It just makes us feel better about making the decision to surgically fix our bodies.xoxoxo
you're very lucky.

Pics

Hi Dazz, we are having a great time. Went for a little hike yesterday, and went to the outdoor hot tub, careful not to get my breast incensions wet, and watched the Broncos. Easy day. And did the deed for the first time since surgey....nice, better than I expected...hmmmm, reaffirms my decision to have this surgery, feeling so much better about my body. Makes a difference. Hugs
You look amazing! Thank you for sharing so many details. I have a bad neck so it was helpful that you pointed out how a travel pillow helped you sleep. I'm packing one for my trip.
How are you twin ?

Valium....

So, I need some help with deciding how to handle this revision I have coming up. The only med I had for my TT and BL surgery was hydrocodone, which I took for the first 4 days. I never had valium or muscle relaxers. I have never taken valium. But my PS wants to do this revision next month and take more skin off my breasts and round them out to look a little better....no cost to me of course...under a local. That freaks me out a bit. I have had foot surgery, cysts removes, etc. under a local. Always makes me a bit nervous. So I know cutting on my boobs is gonna make me very nervous!! Will valium help with this?? I really think I will need something to relax me....

Yes Daz the Valuim will take away all your worries and the local will numb you. You should be fine. Your Doc must be very comfortable doing the procedure this way and has the confidence that you will be comfortable and pain free. It must be a small procedure . It is scary to think about it but enough valium should help. Take care
Valium will relax you so you can relax and handle the procedure will flying colors. Your PS will numb you so of course you won't feel a thing. The Valium is just so you don't stress. You'll recover so quickly!!
Hey Girl, I have to have a revision too and I think of the same thoughts. I would rather not be alert while they are cutting on my body LOL I have some 5mg Valium and took one and it just kind of sedated me. Almost like having a glass of wine. It relaxed me and I just didn't want to move. I was semi tranquilized hahaha! I think you will do great and together we can get through another revision. My PS may or may not do mine on 12-11 and that alone is nerve wracking. I don't want to go in and then have it done without preparation. but Im like whatever I already cut half of my stomach off what could be the worst LOL you look great, Miss you.
Mississippi Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Elliott. He was professional, very attentive, answered any questions I had, and I am super happy with my results. I was very impressed with the facility and the entire staff. I feel very comfortable with them and they have accommodated my every request. After reading a lot of the reviews here on RS, I wish that everyone could have had as positive experience as I did with Dr. Elliott.