I Think Im Gonna Do It..... - Memphis, TN

I had my first child at the age of twenty and pre...

I had my first child at the age of twenty and pre pregnancy i was in great shape. I weighed a whopping 100lbs which wasnt that bad on my 5'2" frame lol. I thought since i was young my body would snap back like everyone else i knew. Boy was i wrong. Everything shrunk but my stomach. Ialk about being depressed. I worked out but it never helped. After a couple years i went for a consultation about plastic surgery...I decided not to do it. And thankfully so, because 4yrs later i was blessed with another child.. I gained 20lbs with this pregnancy and lost it immediately but I retained the stomach.

I now know i want the cosmetic surgery, no more kiddos for me. It kills me inside when people ask me if im pregnant. I hate being naked in front of my husband. Hes so sweet and supportive, but its my decision. I have no motivation when working out, because i feel like it wont help. Honestly before i read a few reviews on this site, I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

I have been researching for a while, and i have read u should go to a few different consults. But I've heard good things about several doctors, so i have no idea where to start... Its frustrating.

If anyone has any tips or comments, I would so appreciate it. Looking forward to this Journey.

Hi ifsogirl183,
i thought you might like to talk to one of the girls on the mm site ccc's mommy she's from nashville and she's looking for a dr who knows you may end up having sx at the same time and can share the journey..i met one in my area that way it's just a thought good luck it's going to make a huge difference in your life...
thank you, that sounds like a good idea!

Girl you are not alone in your feelings!  It is called womanhood and we are all in the same boat.  Throw a baby or two in there and the tummy is never the same.

You will be very glad you did this for yourself and will love the new body.  It is amazing what these doctors are able to do with all the skin and tummy fat!!

Arrange at least three consults and go in armed with all of your questions.  If you need a list let me know.  Don't make any decisions until you have met all three..or more if you like.  I realize money is an important factor in this but try to keep that out of the picture in the decision making.  After you do all the research use your heart and gut for the decision.  They will never lead you down the wrong path.  You will know when you have found the right one...trust me!

Keep us up to date and let us know if you have any questions.  You have an endless supply of help on this site.

So ive finally scheduled a couple consultations....

So ive finally scheduled a couple consultations. Im considering scheduling a third. The first one is March 9th and the next isn't until April 1st. I thought i would feel relief and excitement after scheduling the consult. But really i feel anxious and scared. I also am conflicted about when i wanna have my surgery. If i dont do it within the next couple months, i will have to wait until the fall. Decisions, Decisions. Hopefully i will feel better once i have actually seen a doctor.

Also, Have you been paying for consultations? I found one that consults for free in Memphis. But I'm still thinking of looking around:)
Hi. I'm Memphis too. Looking for tt:) Glad to see a local.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.