I Think Im Gonna Do It..... - Memphis, TN

I had my first child at the age of twenty and pre...

I had my first child at the age of twenty and pre pregnancy i was in great shape. I weighed a whopping 100lbs which wasnt that bad on my 5'2" frame lol. I thought since i was young my body would snap back like everyone else i knew. Boy was i wrong. Everything shrunk but my stomach. Ialk about being depressed. I worked out but it never helped. After a couple years i went for a consultation about plastic surgery...I decided not to do it. And thankfully so, because 4yrs later i was blessed with another child.. I gained 20lbs with this pregnancy and lost it immediately but I retained the stomach.

I now know i want the cosmetic surgery, no more kiddos for me. It kills me inside when people ask me if im pregnant. I hate being naked in front of my husband. Hes so sweet and supportive, but its my decision. I have no motivation when working out, because i feel like it wont help. Honestly before i read a few reviews on this site, I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

I have been researching for a while, and i have read u should go to a few different consults. But I've heard good things about several doctors, so i have no idea where to start... Its frustrating.

If anyone has any tips or comments, I would so appreciate it. Looking forward to this Journey.

So ive finally scheduled a couple consultations....

So ive finally scheduled a couple consultations. Im considering scheduling a third. The first one is March 9th and the next isn't until April 1st. I thought i would feel relief and excitement after scheduling the consult. But really i feel anxious and scared. I also am conflicted about when i wanna have my surgery. If i dont do it within the next couple months, i will have to wait until the fall. Decisions, Decisions. Hopefully i will feel better once i have actually seen a doctor.

Also, Have you been paying for consultations? I found one that consults for free in Memphis. But I'm still thinking of looking around:)
Hi. I'm Memphis too. Looking for tt:) Glad to see a local.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-
This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

hello, i had a consultation 10 years ago, decided to wait, had another baby in 2007, had another consultation last year but did not like the doctor, me and my husband went to another consult on monday, this guy was referred to me by a nurse i know and i liked him. im back in school right now, i have 2 weeks off in april for spring break but i dont think its enough time to heal. so i'm going to wait till i finish in august so i can have as much time as i want. i dont know when your planning but if its close to august maybe we can support each other, im a african american women who is tired as hell of carrying around this jelly roll in the front lol, i would like to lose 15 lbs before hand as well

Yeah i think it would be great to have extra support. If i have to do it later this year, i prefer to do it in October, because ill be celebrating a birthday. And that could be the best birthday gift i could give myself lol.

So have you decided to use that doctor?
My gut(no pun intended LOL) is telling me to go with him and i here he is a perfectionist, so i think i am. I wish i was not in school or i would do it now, but i hate to do it and then dont have time enough to give my body to heal, but it would be the bomb if it could be done before summer but i guess i gotta go through another summer looking like a stuffed burrito:(
Aww... dont see it the way. You should look at it as the last summer that ever bothers you. Believe me im not buying anything new for the summer...But i already got some swimsuits in line for next year lol
You are right, i'm just at the point where i dont want to go anywhere or do anything cause nothing looks right.But your right if the Lord say the same this is the last summer.
Hi ifsogirl183,
i thought you might like to talk to one of the girls on the mm site ccc's mommy she's from nashville and she's looking for a dr who knows you may end up having sx at the same time and can share the journey..i met one in my area that way it's just a thought good luck it's going to make a huge difference in your life...
thank you, that sounds like a good idea!

Girl you are not alone in your feelings!  It is called womanhood and we are all in the same boat.  Throw a baby or two in there and the tummy is never the same.

You will be very glad you did this for yourself and will love the new body.  It is amazing what these doctors are able to do with all the skin and tummy fat!!

Arrange at least three consults and go in armed with all of your questions.  If you need a list let me know.  Don't make any decisions until you have met all three..or more if you like.  I realize money is an important factor in this but try to keep that out of the picture in the decision making.  After you do all the research use your heart and gut for the decision.  They will never lead you down the wrong path.  You will know when you have found the right one...trust me!

Keep us up to date and let us know if you have any questions.  You have an endless supply of help on this site.
Its so nice to find a site that offers so much support and advice.

And i would love if you sent me a list of questions for the consult. I know i will get in there and draw a blank lol :)Thanx

This really is a wonderful site...

I did this cut and paste for you from the Forum...

•Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
•Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery?
•How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
•Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure?
◦If so, at which hospitals?
•Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
•Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
•What will be expected of me to get the best results?
•Where and how will you perform my procedure?
•What surgical technique is recommended for me?
•How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
•What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
•How are complications handled?
•How can I expect my stomach to look over time?
◦After pregnancy?
•What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my tummy tuck?
•Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?

How exciting! Have you checked out RealSelf's list of Memphis Tummy Tuck docs (they do not pay for this listing, by the way).

This RealSelf user had really good things to say about her doctor.

Good luck and please keep us updated on your decision-making process!

Thank you. I will be sure to keep you up to date!!