4.5 months post op update

5'6" 130 lb. mommy of three who is more than ready...

5'6" 130 lb. mommy of three who is more than ready to be rid of extra skin and stretch marks!! I will have a full TT with MR on Dec. 20th. I exercise 5 days a week but no exercise can fix loose skin so I am finally getting this done. I have 3 great kids and of course they were worth the damage but it is time to fix what can be fixed. Can't wait!!!

Pre Op appt. tomorrow! Getting so close!!

I'm going tomorrow to pay for the surgery and get the pre op stuff taken care of. I am wondering about the compression garment that I need to get. So much to do, so little time. I want to be fully prepared but I'm also working right up until the surgery so I'm afraid I'm going to forget something. The nurse said I don't have to meet with the Dr. Again unless I want to. Otherwise I will see him on surgery day. Will I be coherent when he does the markings? I have a few more things I want to ask him. I've added a few more before pics. I plan on eating very clean the next two weeks so that maybe I can lose a couple pounds before the surgery.

Getting freaked out.

So, I decided to add a bladder lift to take care of my incontinence issue which makes it impossible for me to run, jump, jump rope, cough, sneeze etc.. without completely wetting on myself. I'm now having second thoughts about it because of some things I've read on the internet (yikes!). I need it but scared! I'm not worried about the TT ironically.

I made it!

Woke up after the two-hour procedure in extreme pain. Two Percocet did nothing. The pain was the mr. Felt like one loooong contraction The gave me something in the IV. After that was taken care of I cathed myself. There were no post op directions given so we had to call the doctor. I can't shower. I don't get a binder until the drains come out which I thought was odd. I don't feel tightness in my skin so I'm worried he didn't pull me tight. But maybe it's just numb. I don't think I'm gonna be happy. Hopefully I'm wrong/

One more thing

Forgot to add that I was lying FLAT on the table when I woke up. WTH?

Not happy. At all ????

I didn't need full muscle repair but I did need my skin detached so that when he pulled it down I wouldn't have any stretch marks left above the bb. I was told they would be at pubic bone. Um. They are not. They are still above. I think he only detached my skin to the point where he need to do mr. The nurse said the v would be pulled down i a couple months but that's not gonna get rid of the stretch marks. Which was the whole freakin reason I did this. I was already flat. Super pissed.

Spoke too soon

Ok. Before and after. I feel better now. Haha. Roller coaster.

Morning pics day 2

Feeling very good this morning. Standing straighter def helps. Staying on top of pain meds is helping. No bm yet put I had one right before surgery yesterday. Been taking stool softener so hopefully today. Think I'll try a dulcolax by tonight if nothing happens today. Overall, much easier than I anticipated but I know there will be ups and downs. Slept great in my recliner with three pillows under my knees. No binder yet till drains come out so I'll let y'all see my swelling. I don't think it's too bad. I'm up about 2.5 pounds but hopefully that's just fluid.

Hurts like a mofo

I was doing so good until I got a stabbing burning pain about two inches to the right of my bb. It feels better when I apply pressure but I wasn't given a compression garment. Doc said I could use an ace bandage. I think it's where the drain is so maybe hitting a nerve? It's the worst pain I've ever felt. Goes all the way to my back.

Doing much better

Showered, fixed hair and makeup. Had a bm with the help of two suppositories. Still taking pain meds. Nurse agreed that the pain I felt the other night was probably a drain hitting a nerve. The drains are coming out soon hopefully. Only had total of 40 cc in last 24 hours. Almost standing straight so back is feeling much better. Still not happy with scar but doc said he only needed a quarter of an inch of skin to pull it down later. So hopefully he will be able to do that. Have no idea what to think of my belly button. It's ok I guess.

Day 4

Been really tired today but swelling is much better. I thought I was going to explode last night. I'm doing quite well with the pain. I've got a back massager that works wonders. I'll include a pic. It's on sale at Kohls for 29.99 and it has heat as well. Still taking pain meds and still using suppositories but that's ok. Hopefully, I'll go on my own soon but I'm not waiting more than a day. Getting drains out on Friday!! Yay!!!

Drains out! Lowest undies on.

What a relief to get the drains out. Didn't hurt a bit. Just felt awesome because I could feel them in there and they were very uncomfortable. My drain holes are leaking and will have to close on their own. I finally got a binder on and am just getting the hang of how to wear it. I am def swelling more now that the drains are out. I think I'm going to try Arnica. Doc said I could start mederma once the glue falls off in about a week. I asked him about silicone strips and he said yes, more expensive but he's seen good results. I put my lowest undies on and they almost covered the entire scar so I'm hopeful that I will find a cute bikini this summer that will do the trick. Overall, doing well as can be expected. Have to go back to work next Thursday which sounds impossible at this point but a lot can change in a week so I'm hopeful I can do it.

Belly button

My glue has peeled off my belly button. I think my scar is very faint already. Can't wait to start scar treatment! Doing quite well at 11 days post op.

Almost 3 weeks

Started back to work and swelling is at it's worst. Even swollen in the morning. I went ahead and went to the gym to get a little activity going. I'm waiting till the all clear before I go hard. I feel ready but I don't want to do too much too soon so I am going very slowly. Pain is minimal just feel a tugging pressing sensation which is annoying. I just bought the silicone strips from cvs so I'll update from time to time to see how it's improving.

Bikini!

I had my 3 1/2 week check up today and got the ok to start running!! I couldn't wait to see if my bladder procedure worked. It did!! I was so happy to run tonight!! The tummy felt tight as I ran but no pain. I can do arm exercises but doc said no to squats. I did do some leg exercises with the band but made sure to start with little resistance. I am very pleased with my results so far. The doc was amazed at how great my scar looks. Started using cvs silicone strips last week and it is noticeably softer and flatter. Still have weird swelling but I've found that it doesn't matter if I wear the binder or not. Same amount of swelling regardless. My bikini pics here are with tons of swelling. Can't wait till summer though! My main focus now will be the buttocks because I am so pleased with my front. Haha

4.5 months post op

Sorry it's been so long! Been working my a@@ off at work and at the gym. Will not go back to my surgeon until the fall and he will do a revision at that time on my scar. He is going to fix the scar around my belly button and pull the middle part of my scar down a bit. I don't have a lot of skin to work with above the TT scar but I still have loose skin in my pubic region. He says he can do this in his office but I'm thinking about a breast augmentation for Christmas so I may wait and do the scar revision at that time. Seems like it would be easier that way but who knows! I still can't say the TT was worth the pain because I'm not at the finish line but I feel pretty confident that after the scar revision, I will be very happy. Anyway, still working out hard and lifting weights. Haven't lost any more weight but that's ok. I think I see some progress in the bootay so that's nice!