Finally...I did it! 2/7/14- Memphis, TN

After having one child 12 years ago, I was...

After having one child 12 years ago, I was overjoyed. Yet I was left with the dreaded pudge and loose skin...Yuck! It seems that I got the worst of the stretch marks. I was about 130 lbs and was 180 in my 9th month. Fast forward 12 years later I am 155 lbs. I hope to loose at least 10 before my surgery date.

Obsessing

I can't stop thinking about how my new body is going to look. My boyfriend seems to be getting tired of hearing about it. Question? I want to get lipo of my flanks but I was told that I can only get the lower area flank lipo. I want the curves in my waist like Janet Jackson/Beyonce. I'm thinking about getting a BBL sometime next year. I have to do one at a time, The way my bank account is set up...lol

Warning view at your own risk

Next week, oh my!

So I dropped my meds off to be filled. I will hopefully get all of my necessities this weekend a recliner most definitely. I am hoping that I will be one that will be able to wear a two piece this summer. We are planning our beach vacation and I have been bikini shopping. I have also dropped a few lbs but not quite at my goal weight. I can't weight to get rid of this wrinkly pudge. I am currently a 7/8 I wonder if I will get back to a 5/6 after the swelling goes down?

More before pics

Only 9 days to go

More pics

Tummy lying down

Days 1 and 2

So i am finally on the flat side. My doctor was absolutely wonderful. When I woke up I felt better than I thought I would. Dr. Aldea said that I wouldn't feel any pain really because I would be numb. He was right . My biggest problem on yesterday was nausea and hot flashes. Every time I would try to stand I would start sweating profusely and feel like I was going to throw up and pass out. It would pass after 5 minutes or so. When I got home i took a suppository for nausea. Today is the second day and I am doing fine. I can get up and walk around, baby steps though because I'm very hunched over. I am not in any pain. I just feel very tight. He removed a good amount of fat and skin from me. I was surprised at how much he took off. I am very happy!????

Day 3

I have more energy today. I was able to take a shower, Thank God! I also had a BM today so I feel much better. I am so anxious to see my results. I am still very hunched over and I really can't get a good feel for how low my scar is going to be. I don't have a compression garment on and my doctor does not want me to wear one until a month after surgery to prevent blood clots. My tummy feels numb to touch and puffy. How long did it take for you guys to see your shape form for those of you who do not wear a compression garment?

Day 4

Feeling better everyday. I notice Day 1 when I came out of surgery I could instantly see positive results. Since then I have been crazy swollen. My incision line is straight but the scar is kind of lumpy. It looks like it could be from stretch marks. I still have some stretch marks near my incision but they can be covered by my panties. The doctor removed a great portion of them. Did your incision line seem lumpy at first? How long did it take to flatten out?

Post Op today

So I had my post op appointment today. It went very well. I am feeling pretty good today. I almost feel like I can go back to work...well not quite. I got some things accomplished today though. I fell into a little depression phase for a second but I realize that I am rushing myself to get back to normal. It has really only been 4 days after surgery. Everyone else is living life and I am just stuck here doing nothing. My hair is a mess and I really haven't been able to where any nice clothes. So tomorrow I plan to go to the hair salon and maybe get my nails done. Looking better on the outside makes you feel better on the inside. I am hoping to go shopping soon for a new wardrobe. Oh and I am 4 lbs smaller since surgery. I weighed in at 146 this morning and this evening and I am still swollen. Things are looking up!

Day 6 after tummy tuck

So for the things I like right now...
-If I am on all fours and look down at my tummy, I don't see that glob of hanging skin. It always made me feel deformed.
-I have dropped another 6lbs since surgery, bringing me to 145. I am still swollen.
-My waist is much smaller than before. I wish I would have measured my before, but it is obvious. That is probably my favorite thing right now.
-I think I may move from a 7/8 to a 5/6 pants size. After I get these drains out, I will know for sure.

Things I don't like right now but I am hoping will get better....
-The pleating at my incision line
-Stretch marks at my incision line. I don't know why but they seem much bolder than before. I hope this is just a phase.
-My tummy is not as flat as I want it to be, but I know that I am still swollen. So hopefully it will even out. Also I am not wearing a compression garment as of yet, which my doctor will allow me to start wearing at a 4 weeks post op, as well as starting scar treatments. I am hoping that will help.

Oh I forgot

I must say that I like my very low incision line. That was very important to me and he did that!

More pics

Ready to feel sexy again (Day 11)

Maybe I'm rushing things, but how long did it take for you to feel flat or normal even? This is my second day back to work and it wasn't hard for me at all. My recovery has been better than expected. With the swelling I just don't feel like I look so great, better, but not great. I feel unattractive. My husband and I are sleeping in seperate rooms and I think I have disgusted him with this whole surgery recovery thing. I am down to 144lbs, I'm back to wearing my heels, and a lot of my pants are too big. Ughh, I went to the hair salon, nail salon, the things I normally do to make feel good, but I just feel depressed and ugly, like...lol. Belly is numb and puffy. From the front I look flat. From the side view I don't look flat to me. I will post pics later.

Pics

Falling Hmm!

This recovery process is fascinating. A few days ago I didn't know if it was worth it. But today I feel like I am falling in love with my body again. I remember a time when I could spot something and just know it would look great on me. I can't wait to go shopping! I'm going to wait until for weeks. I feel great. Drains were removed Day 12. I am wearing my compression garment now and It was so uncomfortable last night I ripped it off and threw it across the room. Then I finally got some rest. Someone tell me, what is the purpose behind the garment? Will it affect your results in any way? Incision is looking pretty good. My stretch marks are not as bad as I thought they were going to be. I think the swelling made them look scary at first. My belly button looks like the original that I had before child birth. I can't wait to start working out!! Pics coming soon

It gets better Day 15

Out trying on clothes. I am trying to see what looks good on my new body. Now that I have the hunk of meat out of the way, it seems like the booty disappeared. Where did it go? Anyway, I used to hide myself in dark colors to hide my big belly. I wore a lot of black. Just about everything I tried on looked good on me. I have a new confidence about myself.

Feeling like it wasn't worth it IDK

Well I am now 23 days post. I am still dealing with this bulge in my stomach. Tummy still is not flat. I was told that some was swelling and some was fat. I am discouraged right now. I was able to wear a fitted dress before with span and look nice and flat. But now even with spanx you can see what looks like a spare tire that I did not have before. My upper tummy looks better, but overall I am upset. I was told that I can get lipo afterwards at my expense for my new spare tire. Right now I feel very self conscious around the few people that know that I had surgery because my tummy is still not flat. I am a very active and fit person. I eat very healthy so I did expect better results than I got. The only thing that baffles me is that I was flat at first.

I woke up like this! 1month

Omg! I am flat this morning. I am exactly 1 month post op. This process is something else. I originally posted that it was not worth it 1 week ago because I hated the bulge between my incision and belly button. I wasn't sure if this was swelling or not. I didn't think that the bulge would ever go completely flat. We'll it did. So it was indeed swelling. I wore spanx on my lower belly underneath my compression garment. As of today I am happy with my results (fingers crossed). Hopefully only any more changes would improve the way I feel right now. I woke up dancing to Happy in my underwear.

On another note, for the past week I have been very nauseated. I feel like i have to vomit but it won't come up. I burp every few minutes or so. I feel like a pregnant lady. At first I thought it was a stomach virus, but I don't see a stomach virus lasting this long. I feel very fatigue regardless of how much sleep it get. I asked surgeon about it and was told that it was not from tummy tuck. Has anyone else felt this way?

Meanwhile I will start working out as soon as I can get a handle on this nausea and sleepiness. I will force my self to do a little today.

My surgery was worth it. I will not be:

1. Hiding my self on dark clothing anymore,
2. Pulling my pants over my belly for security.
3. Wearing spanx with everything
4. Wearing big t-shirts to the gym so that my belly can flap comfortably underneath.
5. Sitting out on photos because when they come back I always look fat!

I will be:

1. Enjoying my new shape this summer.
2. Wearing a bikini to somebody's pool
3. Wearing shirts that fit
4. Watching my eating habits more closely. You are what you eat. I felt like the Blob!
5. Continue working out. I want definition.

Thank you ladies for your support. I will update in a month if there are any significant changes.

5 months later Scheduled for Bbl

December 12th. I feel much better about my results. This was one of the best decisions I have made. I still have some imperfections but overall I am happy compared to my before.
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

I love my new plastic surgeon. I can't wait to get new but. Dr. Aldea and his wife work as a team. I like that he is very straightforward and honest. He will give you realistic expectations. Its funny I see a lot of people on here that have wish pics that will give you false hope. I respect that Dr. A is very thorough, highly respected, and the best in my opinion, in my neck of the woods. He spent plenty of time with me and thoroughly answered any questions that I had.