SO EXCITED!! My Dream is Coming True! - Melbourne, FL

Hello, I am 25 years old and am scheduled to have...

Hello, I am 25 years old and am scheduled to have a tt on april 12th. After graduating high school I lost 100 lbs and for several years have been trying to save up the money to have all this excess skin removed. Finally with the help of my tax return I have enough to have it done!

I had a consultation with a few doctors and by far Dr. D was my choice! He was the only Dr that made me feel comfortable. HE also was very straightforward and was very understanding and listened to me.

I will post pics soon. On April 7th I am going in for my pre op apt. Will let you guys know how it goes.

dazzling, Sorry I've never heard of this. What is the injection going to do for you? Is it for pain, swelling or something else?
I think if I remember right, he said it was to prevent swelling and clotting

Wow you have done a fantastic job on the weight loss!  Congratulations:)

You are young and healthy and will end up with fabulous results.  I am glad to hear that you met with more than one doctor for consults.  I always highly recommend that.

You are having yours almost exactly one year to the day after I had mine.  I can tell you that a year from now you are going to feel and look wonderful.

Now start saving your money for all the new clothes you are going to need:)

I had my pre op apt yesterday. I am getting more...

I had my pre op apt yesterday. I am getting more nervous as we get closer to the date. I am having it done on Tuesday, the 12th at 7am....AAAHHHHHH!!!! SCARED, BUT OH< SO EXCITED!
The doctor went over everything with me, He scared me a little with everything he told me, but he said its his job to warn me of all the precautions, but he said since im young, I should heal quickly and be back to work the following Monday. What do you guys think, can I be back to work a week later?
He gave me like 6 different prescriptions, they are so expensive! Especially the lovenox, he gave me a prescription for a week supply and it is $185! OUCH!! :)
I will post pics soon.

I am 2 weeks tomorrow and going back to work part time next week. I have seen women go back to work quickly on here but I don't think I could . I dusted, vacuumed and made myself lunch last Friday and I became sooo swollen and exhausted I took like a 3 hour nap. I have a desk job so not a lot of physical work but I still have a hard time sitting in a chair for dinner!!
congrats on the weight loss... i know its a struggle! but way to go on deciding to do something for u and getting the surgery done! yea you!!! im scheduled for the same day! we will be fine
The Lovenox is to prevent blood clots. I had a 10-day course of it and it was $199, and that was the generic. It comes in pre-filled syringes and you just inject one daily into your belly. Pinch some skin up and put the needle in at a side-ways angle. It does have a little sting to it, but better than the alternative of getting a blood clot!!

Congrats on your weight loss! You are going to look and feel absolutely amazing after your TT!!!

WOW! I have been stressing about getting all those...

WOW! I have been stressing about getting all those prescriptions filled before my surgery, I dont have insurance and the total cost came up to $365 for all the prescriptions. BUT GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!!!
I looked online for prescription assistance, and I called a local catholic church in my area and they paid for all my prescriptions! Including $240 for the Lovenox! They gave me vouchers to pick up the prescriptions at Publix...HAH! Walmart would never allow something like that! :) God bless that sweet little lady who helped me out today at the church office, and the gentlemen at the publix pharmacy. Lots of hugs and Thank you's to the both of you!!!

How wonderful about getting your scripts paid for!! God truly is looking out for you!
keep me posted with any news, that exciting to find someone with the same date! GOOD LUCK GIRLY!!!

Just One more day...SO NERVOUS!!! Butterflies!...

Just One more day...SO NERVOUS!!! Butterflies! ALso, go a weird question. I got my period today, how is that going to work out?

You will do great and this is so exciting for you. Congrats on weight loss, it isn't easy. You will look great. Will be thinking of you as you heal and recover.
I got my period the night before my TT and I mean jeeesh it was heavier than I have ever had before!! I can't imagine the surgery does anything to affect it but I also can't imagine that it didn't cuz it was definately waaay heavier than normal

Probably just from stress...

Had my surgery the smorning atg 7:30am. Im home on...

had my surgery the smorning atg 7:30am. Im home on the couch right now. My doctor came by to check on me and saif looks like I ws doing great. I am really sore and the tubes are piching me, Getting up is hard, laying back down is the worst! Toast seems to be the only thing I can eat, otherwise I get too nausious.

Wish I could see my belly!!!! SO excited to see what it looks like, Tomorrow I have to be at the drs office at 9:15 am. Maybe he will let me see?!

CANT WAIT AND SO HAPPY.

In regard to the surgery, I was a nervous reck 'what if I dont wake up" "what if theirs conmplications" They gave me a some happiness in my iv, pushed me into surgery room and a minute later I was waking up, asking why they haavent done the surgery yet??
Little to my knowledge it was done, I didnt like the fealing of waking up from the anastheshia.
Oh yes, my doctor has been amazing, also his staff. THANKS SO MUCH AND GOD BLESS

whew we made it
not sure y they didnt they didnt put a nausia patch on you, it is working wonders for me. not really hungry tho but my stomCH doesnt feel weird at all. cant wait to see my stomach either! happy healing miss

I hope you are resting and doing well.
I hope all went well today and you are satisfied in the end.

2nd day after surgery. I slep decent last night, a...

2nd day after surgery. I slep decent last night, a whole lotter better than the night before surgery! I woke up the smorning in a lot of pain, I think the tubes are oinching my vajayjay :) area. Either that or, since the pain meds ware off I could just feel it now. In an hr I have to be at dr. diaz's office, I am going to ask him for something stonger, right now he has me on only 5mg percosets.
Overall the recovery isnt too bad, just sore in teh area of where my tubes are coming out. And a little bit nausious.
I still have the binder on so I can see the results.

Wow thats good, I will have to pay again if I dont like the doctor that I meet with on may 9th. Thats going to suck
did you have to pay everytime you had a consultation with a different doctor
I went to 3 different doctors over a years time. One of them was a free consultation, the other 2 I paid for. But the consultation with dr. diaz was $75 and it went towards the price of my surgery.

Saturday, day 4 post op and I am feeling fantastic...

Saturday, day 4 post op and I am feeling fantastic. I havent had a pain pill in over 24 hours, and I dont need it! I feel a little uncomfortable where he pulled out on of the drains yesterday and a sore throat, otherwise I feel great! cant wait to get these other 2 drains out. My dr has been amazing! He has seen me every day since the surgery, he says that I am recovering quickly and that my stomach looks great. He said depending on how much I drain over the weekend that he may take out one or both of the drains on monday or tuesday.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

Dazzling, you're results are already astonishing! Congratulations, way to work! Hope recovery stays smooth for you :)

Took a shower today, and I was so exhausted...

Took a shower today, and I was so exhausted afterwards. I felt like I was doing the hokey pokey! put the left foot in, take the left foot out, put the right arm in take the right arm out :)
put the head in and soap it all up!!! HEHE
I got soap in my eyes and my back hurt afterwards, but it was so worth it...FELT SO GOOD TO BE CLEAN AFTERWARDS! I just got done painting my nails and it feels pretty good putting on sweat pants, and not having to roll them up to cover a hanging belly. I LOVE MY BELLY!!! Even with my binder on.

I see alot of pics of girls taking off their binder at home...is that safe? I would love to see my belly standing infront of a mirror. Ive only seen it laying on the dr's table when he was changing my dressings.

Great results!! Congrats on your surgery and good luck for recovery!
You look outstanding! I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well! I had a pretty easy go of it myself and feel very blessed, as should you!! Congrats!!
ALSO!!!! I havent had a pain pill since yesterday at 4pm! I know I keep saying this, but the pain is not that bad. About 6 montho I had a kidney infection and that was so much worse. This is a piece of cake compared to that

12 days post op....doing great. HAPPY EASTER TO...

12 days post op....doing great. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!

Hi, you are looking incredibly good. Any doc who not only sees you, does excellent work, but also came to your home to check on you is worth his weight in gold! Glad to see you are healing and all going well!
Great pix! Happy Easter!
I am so happy I came opon this forum. I just had a consult with Dr. D Friday. I'm very happy with Dr. D but i have to say I will have to save up because I really wasn't sure of price until after my visit Friday.

You look amazing! Can't wait for more updates. Happy Easter!

Has anyone had this weird feeling that something...

Has anyone had this weird feeling that something is crawling on your skin, near your incision? I actually thought there was liquid (OR BLOOD!) dripping down my side, until I looked and nothing was there?
CREEPY CRAWLERS! :)
Having a great recovery and loving the results, cant wait for the swelling to go down!

I had the surgery on the 12th, and today being 04/25 was my 1st day back to work. My recovery was pretty easy. Only needed pain meds for the 1st 4 days. If I were you I would try to set out 2 weeks for yourself, just because the first week you will be sleeping alot, and the 2nd you will need it just for relaxing and getting used to the new you! :)
I hope your first day went well and your doing good. I will definally take two weeks off when I get my TT done.

I am really happy to hear that it wasn't too bad of a recovery.

Thanks for the advice and I hope to keep in touch cause I know I'll need more advice.

Thanks and I can't wait to see more pix.

Startin to worry if I have those things called...

startin to worry if I have those things called 'dog ears'? On the left side of the latest pics? 2 weeks post op 2day

Dazz, this is my first time looking at your before and then current pictures - YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! Congrats on the weight loss and your fabulous looking tummy!!!!! You positively ROCK!!! Hope all is well!
I'm happy to hear your well. Is your side looking better (not dog ears) Can't wait to see more pix. :)
Hi,
How are you doing? Just wanted to see if your doing well.

24 days post op..LOVING my new belly! I am getting...

24 days post op..LOVING my new belly! I am getting so many compliments at work! I have been shopping, and I'm actually buying form fitting clothes....I feel like a new person. Im gonna go shopping for a bathing suit soon, cant wait. The new pics are me in my siters suit. I think the scar is coming along nicely. Please let me know what you think of the new pics. They were taken at 3 and a half weeks post op. I will be 4 weeks post op on tuesday. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE! Have a great weekend!

You LOOK FANTASTIC!!! I know that you are thrilled to be wearing your clothes these days!
You're dazzling! Love your shape, your scar is identical to mine - fits great in a thong. I had my TT on 15th April - you must have been around the same time. Keep up the good work.
THANKS! I had mine on the 14th. Time seems to be going so fast. I am due back for a post apt next friday

Well it has been 6 weeks post op and I am loving...

Well it has been 6 weeks post op and I am loving my body more every day! I have started doing some modeling (let me know what you guys think of the pics!) My scar is super low and I can cover it with my undies & a bikini! Now I just have to get my confidence up and wear an itty bitty 2 piece in front of all those people at the beach! :) SCARY!!! :) SOrry the 6 weeks pictures kinda suck, I had to take take them with my phone because my camera is missing in action.

Thanks so much guys! Now over 3 months later I am loving myself more than ever and enjoying life so much!!! I started a new job and my confidence is through the roof! XOXO!will post some updated pics shortly

Dazzling you are very beautiful!

I personally think it is ridiculous for you to ask for financial help from a charity, when your getting something done that is not a neccessity to begin with! Charities are for people who are struggling day to day to survive. Hope your proud of yourself!!

Hey guys! Well on April 12 it will be a full year...

Hey guys! Well on April 12 it will be a full year since i've had my surgery! and I couldn't be happier witty my new tummy! My scar looks great. If anyone from the FL area is looking for an amazing Dr please consider Dr Michael Diaz in Melbourne FL. Check out my pics

It will be a year next month! I feel like a new person! I couldn't be happier and life my new body!!!!
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Dr diaz is amazing! He takes pride in his work and is very detailed. I would recommend him a thousand times over. He has incredible bed side manner! He saw me every day after surgery for an entire week, including coming to my home to check up on me. I was very nervous the day of surgery and he found a way to make me laugh and ease my nerves. His staff is wonderful. I had consultations with 2 other doctors and he was by far my number one choice!