I have been contemplating getting invislaign for...

I have been contemplating getting invislaign for years.

I finally found an orthodontic provider (Not an invisalign dentist) that could provide me with Invisalign on a interest free payment plan with no deposit.

There is a major difffernece between an invisalign orthodontic provider and an invisalign dentist. My orthodontic provider provides free follow up treatment for 2 years, free whitening, as many refinements as I require and a permanent metal retainer behind my top and bottom teeth.

I purchased acceledent from Ebay. I got it second hand but it had been sterilized through the sellers orthodontist as well as mine. It only had 89 uses and still has a 3 year warranty. This means it was over used for 3 months maximum.

I had my scans sent off last week, so I should be receiving them back by the end of next week. (Last week of Jan 2014). Two weeks after that I shall be receiving my invisalign.

I have small teeth with gaps and crooked bottom teeth. My two front teeth cave inwards. I have an overbite and bruxism. I am hoping that the invisalign will also help to improve my bruxism.

Congratulations on finally getting to do this for yourself!  How much did you pay for the Acceledent device, by the way?  We have another community member, Nadinelliana, who is currently on her third set of aligners, also in Australia, and also using Acceledent.  You may want to check out her review. :)

I hope you'll update us when you get your first set of aligners.  I look forward to following your progress!!
The acceledent was $400.00 including express postage and cleaning via an orthodontist :-) I'll be sure to check her out!

Acceledent

Just found out acceledent comes with 3 different mouth pieces. Mine has come with open so I am asking my ortho to get me a deep one :)

I'm so excited - 2 weeks till my trays arrive

Hi all,

I saw my ortho this morning to view my treatment plan video.

It looks great, sadly due to the size of my teeth, I'll need a gum lift after treatment to make my smile more aesthetically pleasing.

I will need 21 trays over a 4-5 month period. I'm so thankful for acceledent.

I will have attachment on the two teeth next to my front up to tray 15, and 3 on my back bottom teeth for the duration of the invisalign.

I don't need to change my acceledent mouthpiece as the ortho said in reality they all do the same job and an open would suit my teeth just fine.

No bands etc. My teeth must have been better than I initially though as the treatment plan looks easy.

He did say that I may need some refinements at the end if the teeth next to my two top middle don't come down enough. Supposedly these are the hardest teeth to move but he said he actually likes the look of them at the end of the treatment video plan.

I have 25 months interest free no deposit payment plan. So $312 a month :)

Cake-walk!  :D  I can't believe how short your treatment will be…that's just mind-boggling.  But seeing will be believing, and I can't wait to see and believe ;).

We have very few gum lift reviews here on RealSelf--exactly four, as a matter of fact.  One was just a botox to fix the upper lip pull, one was a surgical crown lengthening, and one was laser, and the last I'm not sure how it was done.  The botox was the only not sure, but it's a tiny sample.  The laser version sounds great though and the result is beautiful.  She said it was relatively low pain as well.

Anyway, thanks for the update!  Another member, fightingthefear24, is also about to start with Acceledent, if you're interested in seeing his review :).  I've never even seen an acceledent device outside of pictures, so hopefully the three or four of you on here who are using it at the same time can commiserate and help each other out!
I bet there will be a whole set of refinements after the initial 21 trays. My ortho said that my canines will be the hardest teeth to move, but when asked about refinements he said that he could not imagine me needing much. I guess my teeth aren't all that bad. I just want perfection! The laser version is what I am looking at, it's around $900 for the whole lot. It does effect gum health even if they move the gum around 1-2mm, so I need to consider that before getting it done. I'll post a picture of the acceledent device now, they are weird looking things! You can't actually feel them vibrating unless you put them in your mouth, they are that subtle!

The acceledent device

Huh!  I've seen pictures but never of that weird case thing.  Is that a charger?

And 21 trays is not an insignificant number of trays--though of course Invisalign is being used to tackle more and more difficult problems.  I only had 15 initially, then 6 refinement trays.  Of course, my problems were even more insignificant than yours ;).

I didn't realize the lift affected gum health.  I asked one of the people on here who made a review if there were any side-effects and she didn't know of any.  Can you mention what the gum health issues are?

Thank you for all of this information, by the way! :D
That's the charger. So it fits in this little travel case, and the travel case + device then get put on the charger. Haha, I just hate my gaps and how my two front teeth slant in. I guess the size and colour is another worry. Thank god for free whitening! Anything to do with gum removal affects the health of your gums. By lifting the gum up slightly, you're allowing less gum to be available if future problems persist. ie. dentures when your older etc. By lifting the gums without knowing the precise size of each tooth, you also risk gaps forming. These gaps generally do not happen as the lift is only very small 1mm or so.
Oh, okay.  Yeah, I'm a lot older than you so I've had problems with gum recession for years.  I wish I could grow back some gums! LOL

Getting Excited

Getting excited, should arrive in the next week.
I want tips!!!! Will I get a lisp? What will the pain be? Will people notice it?
My teeth aren't the whitest, I get free whitening after my journey :-( will the buttons and invisalign be more noticeable?
Whats the best way to clean them?

You'll likely get a lisp.  It could last anywhere from an hour to months.  The more you practice speaking with them in the better--remember to open your mouth a little bigger than usual to accommodate your new larger teeth.

The pain varies tremendously from slight pressure to torquing throbbing that is nearly unbearable.  Most people find it uncomfortable but bearable, and it generally resolves itself within the first 3 days.  It should be faster with Acceledent if it's working.

I know fightingthefear24 says no one has noticed it yet.  I told everyone so I don't know if they would have noticed it on their own.  Other Invisaligners will likely notice.  Most people won't even bother saying anything.

Your teeth may discolor more quickly than usual as a result of the trays.  Some of us experience that.  It is easily bleached away with whitening in trays.  The buttons won't be substantially more noticeable unless your teeth are very yellow, in which case that would already have been very noticeable and the attachments are the least of your worries.  Your teeth are not that yellow, by the way.

For cleaning, there are a wide range of options, just make sure you don't use anything gritty (like a lot of white toothpastes or other stuff that's abrasive.)  Dish detergent, hand soap, denture tablets, retainer brite, or Invisalign's proprietary cleaner are all fine.  I've never tried denture tablets, so look around to our community members and see which brands they use.  I'd not use scented dish soap, though--it will make your mouth taste that way, blech.  I use a hydrogen peroxide solution and it works great for me.

GRRRRR

Soo.... It's still 10 or more days away. The silly ortho didn't make his revisions to my inital plan until a day or so ago. I went over 2 weeks ago and gave the all clear. Pretty annoyed.

I'm sorry :(.  It sucks to get your hopes up and end up having to wait again.

It arrived

It arrived! Getting buttons on sat :-) couldn't get an appointment sooner.
Will start wearing Sunday as I have my boyfriends birthday Saturday night. I also want to start Sunday as I change weekly with acceledent and if I somehow go get drunk on Saturday..... I can change the next day without worrying if I've somehow stained or broken it hehe

Finally!!!  Congrats!  I look forward to the new pics :D

Got it!

Got attachments and started wearing my alingers today. The ortho gaveme free retainer brite, toothpaste and cases. I have a follow up in four weeks. I currently have a lisp and talking just makes me laugh. The orthodontist said my first one or two trays for the first 2 days may not fit the best, but will relax into place and be less visible. Going home to use acceledent now :)

Yay finally!!!!!  Did you want me to remove the extra post for you?  It looks like the same picture :).  I can also change the procedure date for you to 21 Feb so it reckons the time for you correctly :).  Just let me know!
That wouldne great thanks :)

So much pain!

So I started wearing it full time today. My lips are sooo cut up from the attachments, my whole mouth is swollen because of it.
It is definitely not visible and don't think it ever will be. I'm pretty upset about it.
The top one is hard to get on and off but hurts my right canine so much, it feels wobbly already.
The bottom doesn't hurt at all and comes on and off easily.
Cleaning is easy, just rinsing with water after I take it out and before I put it back in.
I have acceledent in my mouth as we speak. I swear it feels like it's not doing much. The ortho said that's how it feels though.

You said you were upset about it not being visible…did you mean invisible?

And seriously, when you're all cut up and in pain, it's hard to be positive and happy about anything ;).  Do you have pain from the attachments even with the trays in?  Remember to try orthodontic wax for any rough edges.  For me, I found that the attachments only bothered me when I took the trays out (like for eating).  Your mouth will toughen up, but it takes a while :(
I meant invisible. They are so visible. Everyone I have talked to have noticed them. There is either an air pocket or the air pocket gets filled with spit. On both the top and bottom. I've called up sick from work as my mouth is so swollen. The attachments have cut my lip when the invisalign is out. Still struggling to talk, have a major lisp and talking means that my tongue keeps cutting itself on the bottom tray. I can't even drink from a water bottle as tongue moves in a way that when I swallow it grates along the bottom tray. My teeth feel so wobble already and I've woken up in just as much pain as when I fractured my wrist :(
I'm sorry you're experiencing these troubles, but hang in there! I never ever got cuts from my attachments, that sounds extremely weird. Have you spoken to your dentist? Maybe the attachments are not cut properly? Nevertheless, everyone else with Invisalign always mentions this wax stuff that's supposed to be amazing for your treatment... it reduces all pain and scratches from the edges etc. Have you looked into that? I guess I'm lucky enough that I never needed to get this wax, but it's apparently "your best friend" with it. Look into it for sure, it may be what you need. With respect to Acceledent, I've had it for about 3 weeks now I think. At first I thought it was doing nothing, but I think it is... I'll have my next check up in a few weeks where I'll confirm that. How hard are you biting down on the mouthpiece? I started giving a good grip on them and I feel it now. Also, after using Acceledent, my teeth feel like gooey (or something like that), whereby ALL pain is gone. Its quite nice those first 2-3 days of a new tray. Keep fighting, I think you'll be fine.

It's so noticable

Number of people who have noticed: EVERYONE!

People just stare at me awkwardly, the fact that I can hardly talk makes it that much more obvious. Answering the phone at work is embarrassing and talking to candidates in person even more so. (I'm a recruitment consultant).

I struggle to say words like Executive, which sucks, because that is part of my companies name. Answering the phone is so damn awkward. :(

Blah!!!

Did you get chewies?  They help you to seat the aligners more securely on your teeth and some of our people say it helps with the pain as well.

Another thing I found helpful when I switched retainers recently and ended up with a gigantic lisp and spitting, was to sing with the darned things in.  The first night of choir was so embarrassing.  I could barely get myself understood by the choir director when I was trying to get him to go over a piece of German pronunciation.  Now, I can speak more clearly than I ever did in my Invisalign, because I've been practicing so much.  I never practiced with my Invisalign.

It doesn't work for everyone, but it is another possibility to attempt.  You may need to use a mirror at first to figure out what you're doing.  I used a mirror for about ten minutes in the beginning to see where I was struggling.
I'm going to read a book aloud tonight. I'm hoping that will change things. I've noticed i've beeb getting hiccups 100 x more than usual too! Ugh
Huh.  That is something I've never heard of before!  The hiccuping thing, I mean.  Bizarre.  I don't know enough about hiccups that I can even guess what that's about.

Clenching

So many reviews.

I have bruxism when I sleep but stopped clenching during the day about 6 months ago.

I'm doing it again bad. It's like I have OCD and constantly want to take them out.

Definitely chewing from my back teeth.

heard lots of people have experienced this?

Yeah, I did it :(.  Still do.  It got a little better when I switched out one of my Invisalign-style Vivera retainers for a Hawley, but I still do it, probably because I'm still wearing a Vivera on my bottom teeth.  It's a pain in the jaw!  If you find someone who's gotten over it, post about it!  But I did do a search of the doctors's Q&A forum and they said there's not much to be done, since you can't control what's going on while you sleep.

That said, it's not bad for your Invisalign treatment at all.  You can still get fantastic results.  The reason I mentioned the chewies is because it gives you something to chew on that's not your aligners, and maybe you could transfer the behavior that way?  I didn't know about chewies when I was doing my treatment and got into the habit of chewing my aligners.  They don't break or anything though--they can totally handle the strain.  It's just your teeth that tend to get pushed up into the jaws.

Acceledent

Using accelerant at work as a tool to stop people talking to me

Looks like you're just starting your treatment, don't worry, you'll get used to the pain! I remember when I first started wearing them, my lips were so cut up and had sores from the attachments digging into them, but your mouth adjusts, just give it a week or two! At least you have acceledent to speed up your whole process, haha! I've got an appointment with my ortho on Monday, turns out they do offer acceledent, but it's like $1300!! How did you manage you get one on eBay for $400? I looked yesterday and the only person selling it is for $750! Anyways good luck on your treatment, looking forward to the progress! We might be acceledent buddies soon, lol!

Tray 2

On to tray 2 today.

Fits fine every butttttt when I bite down on my back teeth it feels like every time I push air out from them. Like they don't fit. But in a mirror and asking my parter they are 100% snug and in place.

No pain yet, not too tight either :)

Changed on day 6 as my first trays were pretty much falling out of my mouth!

Hilarious picture *LOL*.  Thanks for posting it :)

As for the looseness in the back, that's not unusual until it fits better.  It was one of the reasons I chewed my trays so much.  Like chewing gum.  Terrible habit.  Better to use the chewies for that.  Anyway, once the trays start fitting better, they should no longer push themselves off like that.  Wherever you don't have attachments that can happen.  If it continues like that past the first few days, you may need to contact your doctor though.
It's already back to normal :) after using acceledent they now fit perfectly. A little pain in my left canine like last time
Whew!  Sweet!  That is really fast--it seems like the Acceledent is actually making a difference.  I'm pretty sure it usually took more than a few hours of my trays to settle like that.

Tray 2 pic

May be in Nandos right now

The restaurant?
Maybe haha

Overbite

I have a massive overbite and the ortho said it wasn't something to worry about and I'm not getting bands. I swear it's worse than he thinks.

Week one vs week two

I had trouble with cutting my tongue on my bottom tray at first too. Try filling it with a clean nail file. It worked wonders for me. And I agree with the others that your attachments will smooth out quite a bit just from popping trays in and out! I didn't get acceledent with men bc it wasn't mentioned until the end of my appointment to get my first trays but I think I'm going to call this week and see if I can do it. It seems to be worth the money. My ortho won't let me bring a used one but maybe I can sell it when I'm done!
You have very little overbite.  But overjet, yeah.  So what I mean is, the amount your top teeth overlap your bottom teeth isn't that severe--it's well within normal.  The amount your top teeth stick out compared to your bottom teeth is not normal.  Here's a picture:  Obviously, your teeth don't lean outward, but it's the horizontal vs. vertical difference I'm talking about :).

I'm not an orthodontist, so I can't really tell if it's that your jaw is in the wrong place or if it's just that your teeth are in the wrong place.  It looks like your jaw.  Fixing that would be…more difficult than straightening your teeth.  I wonder what @PreOrtho would say.  Has your doctor mentioned jaw surgery at all or anything like that?  Also, if you don't have headaches or TMJ Disorder or anything, it may not be worth fixing.  You're pretty and don't suffer from a terribly weak chin or anything like that.  Depends on how you feel about it :).  Not every imperfection needs to be fixed, but if you want it fixed, you may have to insist on explanations.  But it might involve jaw work.
I have bruxism and mild tmj, not too much of a worry I don't think but I'll definitely ask him when I see him on the 17th of March. I still don't understand over bite and over jet :-( I am trying to look at the picture and your explanation but I can't quite make it out. I don't have much teeth knowledge at all. :-( My clin check video did come back and you could see a little more of my bottom teeth. I just don't want a top teeth smile. I want to be able to see my top and bottom teeth.

Tray 3 - 1/7th of the way there already

Put tray three in this morning.
Initial discomfort but completely fine now :) fits like a glove.
I'll use acceledent when I get to work this morning to set it in place like last time.
I'll know doubt later tonight get discomfort in my bottom snaffle tooth as that have me pain last time.
Please note I had just had a coffee in the bottom photo and had not brushed yet. Grose.
Another note, I'm struggling to floss 3 times a day. I always do it if I eat meat or something gritty. One of my gums bleeds when I floss :(
People that noticed. Everyone, not invisible.
Still have a little lisp, no one notices but I do.
My mouth gets so salivary then so dry, I drink so much water. I can't have big convos as I always seem to get a dry mouth and can't talk.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Changing on the seventh day

So I'm not changing after 7 days, I change on the 7th day :)

How long has that one spot been bleeding when you floss?
Since I started invisalign. It has stopped, like that happened for the first week!
Oh, okay!  That's not too weird.  I was afraid it was still bleeding--then I'd say you need to go to a dentist for a checkup cause you may have beginning gum disease or something annoying like that!

The mouth dryness does get better as well.  Just like most things with Invisalign ;).  It's just a waiting game!

I have gaps

Ugh more gaps. I got invisalign to rid the gaps. Now I've got some where I never used too.

Tray 4 - start of week 4

Saw the orthodontist this morning. Did a bit more filing of my teeth.
Voices my concerns and am booked in to see him in 5 weeks, tray 10.
He said well have a better understanding then and if I'm not happy we can rescan then :)

Could you suggest a Invisalign Dentist in Melbourne CBD?
Mine!!! Smile solutions on Collins. No deposit or interest!
Great comparison pics!  They make the improvement very obvious.  Don't forget that, just in terms of the geography of your mouth, they may have to make some gaps larger before they get smaller.  That said, a lot of us end up with 'black triangles' after invisalign, when crowding has subsided.  This never concerned me, but some people are really bugged by it.  Definitely great to keep communicating with your doctor!

Tray 5

Really gutted. I hate the shape of my teeth, my canines are so tiny in comparison to the rest of my teeth. I have tiny teeth and a lot of gums. I will never be able to get perfect teeth without veneers or bonding as my bruxism has caused me to grind down the whole right side of my mouth causing excessive chips in my teeth. The gaps will not be able to fully 'close' as the shape of the teeth will not allow for it. The top of the teeth will close the gaps but my front teeth and canines, the bottom unless I opt for composite bonding will always look like there is a massive gap/triangle.

Put it Tray 5 this morning, doesn't hurt at all!

Canines

Hate them so much

How much did your orthodontist charge for the replacement acceledent mouthpiece?
I didn't get one. I got the one off eBay sterilised. It only had 90 uses too. But my orthodontists will charge me $150.00aud for a replacement mouthpiece.
Why don't at the end of your treatment just get composite bonding that's what im doing , ranges from 150-400 and they're just like veneers.

Tray 6

So I'm pretty pissed off. My teeth don't suit invisaling and I wish I got veneers.

I hate the second teeth from the middle on the top. They're so small. I asked the ortho and he said I'd need a gumlift but I have no idea where that money would come from. These have been so expensive and I wish if paid half the price for 8 veneers.

If you look, my teeth are ground down on one side. So my already small teeth are that much smaller.

I want to get the teeth smooth out to the same shape but they're too small to do so.

I've got tray 6 on now, no pain. I didn't even use acceledent this morning. I'll do it tonight.

Who else thinks my bottom teeth look worse?

Ortho Visit

So I visited my ortho on Wednesday morning. I am really thankful at how helpful he has been and the ease of him squeezing me in for an appointment when he is fully booked. That is one think I appreciate about Smile Solutions is that you always see your orthodontist at every visit and you can request a call/email/appointment whenever.

I told him my problems and he advised me that he is really sorry and knows the teeth aesthetically wont turn out how I like them to be. He wishes I'd be notified that due to the shape of my teeth it will always have the impressions of gaps as the sides do not align at the bottom.

If i'd be told this first, we could have gone down another treatment path. We now have two options, to leave the gums where they are and stop invisalign treatment on the top, whiten my teeth and put two veneers on lateral incisors to reshape the teeth and add length, rescan and start treatment without having to pull down the gums (mine and his preferred method) or to carry of with the treatment, get a gumlift on three teeth then composite bond the two lateral incisors. This option would be more pricey as i'd need two veneers and a gumlift.

He's getting back to me in the next week after discussing with his cosmetic team and colleagues what the best option would be to proceed.

Here's some pics that show the current alignment and gaps.

Awesome to hear the doctor is working with you!  Looking forward to hearing the update!
My, my, my. I don't know what snowyT commented, but you have one heck of a life story. Well kudos to you for taking care of yourself! You will find that many ppl on this site simply could not get orthodontic treatment as children because of finances. And frankly I think it builds character when you have to work for and pay for what you want in life. I think it is a shame that most dental plans don't cover adult orthodontic treatment provided by an actual orthodontist (some will cover treatment provided by a dentist). And I am so glad that orthos finally started offering payment plans. I actually chose ceramic traditional braces for my treatment, but I do have AcceleDent. Does the mouth piece fit comfortably or do you find that the back tip hits the back of your mouth?
Mouthpiece never fits right i've heard. it's so uncomfortable at first but you get used to it :)

Tray 7

The last two photos are week 6 vs week 7.
Hardly any pain, went in much easier today.
Going to see the ortho next week and well decide if we stop the top so we can whitein and get two veneers.
Haven't seen much change in my teeth other than the middle two in weeks. Stagnating a bit

Did your doc mention luminees? I hear they are less invasive than veneers.

Tray 8

Other than my two front teeth, I'm seeing no change.
Getting provisional build up on my incisors on Monday free of charge.

Looks like the entire upper arch is tighter, but the lower arch has more space between the teeth…?  Maybe making space for movement?

And donewaiting has an interesting point.  Most people aren't quite appropriate for Lumineers because they end up making the teeth bigger (mostly thicker).  But since your teeth are small….  Of course, they are still expensive, which is still a problem.  Still interested in hearing whether the doctor mentioned them, though. :)
This is what my orth has said to me: "So in the mean time I can provide you with a provisional buildup before our rescan (no cost to you) to give you an improved shape of incisors while we continue with alignment. The Cosmetic Dentist can then complete the final restoration after you have completed with me. " So I think it's kind of like what fillings are made from? The Cosmetic Dentist said he thinks he can achieve a great result without the use of full composite veneers. I guess there may be some new technology where build up (composite i think) can still achieve an asthetic look. My ortho has been great :) he emails me and is very flexible. After the provisional build up, I obviously need to get that removed as i'll have my teeth whitened then I will get a final restoration. Still unsure what that means but ill know next week :)
Sweet!  :).

And to clarify, the Lumineers donewaiting mentioned are actually porcelain veneers where they just don't file down the teeth first.  What you're getting sounds like bonding, and I've seen some great results from that (as well as some older, less-great ones) so I have high hopes for you :D.  Exciting!

Ortho visit

God I love my ortho. So professional, educated and caring.
I'm getting a rescan done this Friday. Why?
Because what's happening is we are now basing the treatment on me getting a gum lift and composite bonding after my invisalign treatment.
I reckon it'll push the treatment out by 6 weeks including for the invisalign to arrive.
Am I happy? Yes. I know this result will be what I'm after!

Are they working with you money-wise? :)
Yeah they've been amazing. I think they realised what I was told the outcome would be was not really what I had been told at first. Authentically the result didn't really make my upper teeth look any different which they agreed with. They gave me a discount and with the discount, instead of paying the cosmetic dentist the discount will be used to pay him. Ultimately I don't have to pay anything extra, just the same amount. But instead of a discount, the money will be given to the cosmetic dentist.
Aesthetically opps haha

Trays back on this Sat!

Trays back on this Sat! Owies, not looking forward to the lisp again.

Have you been out of aligners this whole time?  Or just maintaining the last set you were in?
I was just maintaining my last one :)

17 trays

17 trays to go.
Please do not use my top teeth as an example. They are getting pushed back up to make my guns more aligned so there is left gumlift required and to make room for the composite bonding.
My bottom teeth however, will carry on like they were.
17 more trays :)
Lisp is back, dry mouth etc. can't wait to get home and use acceledent again.
No attachments on m front 4. Teeth. Hooray!!!!!!

Looking good so far :)
can i personally ask you, i got quoted for invisilign and my contract has nothing about free whitening, they actually made me sign an agreement stating there is no whitening or extra dental care added. I'm bummed to be paying $7800 hardly with any benefits you got offered :(
This is really a dentist by dentist thing. Mine offered everything including cleanings, polishing, whitening, etc. with my treatment. Others I know that go to a different dentist were offered bare minimal treatment (trays and checkups) for around the same price as me. I didn't realize that the extras offered could vary so much and I lucked out with my dentist. But that's definitely something people should shop around for.

12 weeks round 2 update bottom teeth

Would love to hear how things are going.  We have a newer member over in the braces community who has some issues that remind me of yours, and your path is a long and winding one.  I'm hoping things are still on track.  I'm sending her over here to look at your review :).  She's from Finland!
Welcome back!  So happy to see you again, and your bottom arch looks fantastic!  Such a massive improvement.  So excited for you :).
Wow your bottom teeth look amazing!!!

Tray 17+ final tray

Sooo, I'm nearly done. For now anyway!
I'm on tray 17+ and about to have whitening on the 6th Novemeber.
Still to follow is the laser gun lift and composite bonding. That will follow a fortnight or so after the whitening.
We will then look and see if I need any final readjustments on invisalign. I think my lower teeth will. My ortho has been doing a bubble in my traya with plyers which has made me not need to get a rescan but i will know doubt be a perfectionist and want them 100%.
My ortho is fantastic, so willing to answer all of my questions and help out whenever.
I think once I have all the cosmetic work done my teeth will look awesome.

Photo

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It won't let me upload photos

Will try on my work comp tomo

Photo

Thanks for updating!  You should be able to upload photos unless you're on a smart phone other than an iPhone.  If you continue to have difficulty, please PM me and I'll help you sort it, because I definitely need to see pictures! :)
It wouldn't let me on my iPhone, it'll be the new ios8 update, it's the worst! Uploading photos now :)
Just did :)

Photos

Week 1 / 4 vs week 17 +

Wow they look awesome, cant wait to see the finished results!
Oh my!  What a difference!  And you haven't done the gum lifts yet?  Your lower two teeth look like they're longer already, and the gum looks more even there.  So nice to hear you positive about everything.  Very exciting!!!  And I guess I'll stay away from that iOS update, LOL!
Nope, the upper gum lift will take place early / mid November :) The lower teeth look so much better huh, they tilted the teeth which made the gums appear lifted and more aligned.

Whitening

A little worried that the 9.5% take home Philips zoom day white won't be strong enough to whiten my teeth to the desired colour.

I have 3 tubes and custom moulded trays and have been told to wear them for an hour a day.

I've seen no good reviews on this product and just realised you can buy it through Amazon and is not a commercial dentist only product

The percentages of effective agent vary also based on the type of whitening agent they are using.  I think it's H2O2 in this one, so it's stronger than some of the other types, but it's still mid-strength, so it's not as prone to leaving you sensitive.  If you were using the stronger one, you'd only have it in 15-30 minutes.  I've had very good success with low-strength whiteners like Opalescence 20% (it uses Carbamide Peroxide instead of Hydrogen peroxide so it's weaker than the one you've gotten) though I did still get sensitivity, it wore off quickly and my teeth were as white as I wanted them to be.  I've never needed more than 2 tubes at a time but I don't drink staining beverages at all, or eat chocolate.

Good luck!
I've been told to do all three tubes over three weeks. My teeth are so sensitive today, no idea how I'll last 3 weeks. Struggled to sleep last night too. I had them on for an hour as instructed, filled the grays with sensodyne toothpaste 30 mins prior too. Ugh
I always took a day off when the sensitivity got too much.  I think there are warnings in the packaging.
Smile Solutions