Does Anyone Have Any Recommendations of Drs to Get Lower Blephoplasty in Melbourne Australia?

Hello, I'm 24 years old and by the looks of it...

Hello, I'm 24 years old and by the looks of it have excess skin under my eyes which make me look tired all the time and makes me feel older than I am. I've been looking in to this surgery to fix my issue. However, I am so very scared after reading up on the surgery and the negative effects that people have experienced with this surgery such as dragging of the eyelid etc.. Can anyone that has had this surgery done recommend it or is it too risky? What are your experiences? Also, any recommendations on who to go and see? I've been looking in to Dr Daniel Lanzer and Graeme Southwick at this stage but cannot find enough reviews on these doctors. If you have any recommendations and can share your experiences, that would be much much appreciated! I have attached a photo of under my eye as well to give more of any idea as to what I mean by tired eyes. Thank you so so much in advance!

How is everything going?  Have you found a doctor?  We'd love a review update to hear what you've been up to with your pre-op research.

Dr Howard Webster consult was very interesting, he is very good, very understanding and took time to ask me questions and explain in detail the proceedure he thought would be best for me, which is very different to the other drs I have seen and perform a lower septal reset as well as a upper bleph. He answered all of my questions and consult was very relaxed, unrushed and thourough. So now I am going to do some soul searching and make a decision. I would recommend him for a consult though very informative.
Hi again, I will have a look and research about Dr Howard Webster. It is always comforting when the Drs seem to genuinely care and ensure that they answer all of your questions. I've been to Dr Daniel Lanzer's office and asked him about the surgery but I felt as though he was feeling bothered by my questions about the surgery and that I wasn't being given enough information. Thank you so much for the name! I will do my research about Dr Howard. I'm not sure whether you've seen but I've just had someone that has had a bad experience with Dr Roger Davies and that he will not admit to his mistakes. I just wanted to post it again in the case that you haven't seen the comment.
Wow it may sound pathetic but my dream/goal is to meet Dr Webster and possibly get my required services done by him :s lol soooo any further thoughts on what you want to do from here? :)
Yayyyyy!!! Hoping for a good one for u missy!! I hear hes a great and caring Dr. So God Bless and look forward to your review tomorrow.
Wow stunned saw Dr Rodger Davies yesterday and had him penciled in for May next year but I have an appointment with Dr Howard Webster tomorrow and yes it is free because I mentioned Realself. So I will post comment tomorrow night. I am getting more and more confused.
Don't go to Dr Rodger Davies in Hawthorn, Melbourne. He did my surgery in 2011, and made some mistake which he won't admit to. I couldn't raise my left eyebrow or forehead for a year. My left earlobe had an unexplained cut through it. My left eyelid is bigger and lower than my right. I have a lump which two Opthamologists have said is a suture granuloma from the surgery, but Rodger Davies denied this and said it must have already been there. My left eye won't close properly and I wake up every morning with my eye full of pus. It has taken me two years to get the courage to see another surgeon to find out if any of this can be fixed. I wish I had never had the Blepharoplasty and brow lift with Rodger Davies. Please find a good surgeon or you will be stuck with bad results like I am.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I've been browsing for a few procedures I need and one I need is the one for the baggy eyes..it's why I always try to avoid pix or most times id Photoshop ...sad huh. I'd imagine it would be a brain wrack to look for a good surgeon for this type of service. If it helps a little, I'd recommend you at least go to Lanzers group and meet his awesome assistant Brad for consultation aswell as Lanzer. They are both great I haven't consulted for the eyes but for Lipo but...they would give you an honest opinion even if they think they wouldn't be able to meet your requirements,but I'm sure they would plus,my bags are way worse than yours lol. At least a consultation and go from there. I am also interested in Howard Webster from Hawthorn,he sounds amazing and provides the same service aswell,so again, consultation first to get a feel. If youre on realself the consultation is free. God bless and let us know how you go missy ;)

Hi there! Oh.. these bags! I feel so wary of them everyday! Under different lighting it looks worse and I always have a conscious decision to see how my eyes look in the different lighting I'm standing in. I have consulted Dr Lanzer in his Hawthorn office a little while ago now. As great as they are over there (I've been going there for years about skin problems) I felt as though he wasn't very informative about the surgery and I felt that I was being rushed with my consultation (I'm not sure whether he was just having a busy or bad day). This surgery really concerns me seeing the bad experiences that people have had from it. I'm still doing my research and will go ahead when I find the right doctor.
I have been seriously looking into getting this done for about a year now. I have been to and have been to 3 surgeons Dr Ashton Dr Fox Dr Kalus all slightly differ in surgery and prices vary between $14000 and $8000 - combined upper and lower lids. One of the surgeons only does either upper or lower at a time but uses a laser instead of scalpel, making the incision inside the lower lip and doesn't remove skin from the lower only the bulging fat and then you go back in about a month for the upper. I am so confused. Really want this done and have so since my 20s but so scared. Then I read Jills story and so my merry go round keeps going.
Are you in Melbourne also? I've been thinking about it for about a year as well. At first I was like "yep definitely getting it done. Will feel so much better about myself." But after doing further research and reading reviews I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not sure whether it'll be worth it or not. I'm scared I will end up with permanent damage on my eyes and will feel worse. Some of the results look GREAT but, 21% of the people are saying its not worth it. That's quite a high number almost a quarter. The eyes are just such sensitive area that's what makes it scary for me.
Yes, I live in Melbourne. The differences in the doctors makes things even more confusing. Reading Jills story thinking I should be looking at an Oculoplastic Surgeon but the Drs I mention are very experienced. I feel like I am on the edge of a cliff not know whether to jump. very confused
I know. I didn't even know the difference until I found this website. I thought just as long as I go to a reputable surgeon is be fine but now I don't even know where I'd start! I typed ocuplastic surgeons in google search and the first one that came up was the eye and ear hospital. I'm thinking it might be worth having a consultation over there since its eye and ear hospital, they might be good. So confusing. Sounds as though we're on the same boat! Have you tried fillers for your under bags? I saw some great results from that on some profiles. I tried but unfortunately I had a bad reaction to the product and I was swelled up for 3-4 months. Apparently it only happens to 1 in 4 thousand people from my memory.
no fillers don't appeal to me and are not as permanent. I also have googled and have come up with Dr Rodger Davies and Eye Surgery Associates both have rooms in the east. Will think about it for a couple of days. By the way I can't see your photo
That's the one that I was looking at also, Dr Roger Davies. Definitely worth talking to a few people first. I've only spoken to 1 about it so far and I'm not completely confident about him. I've posted the photo with my first post, it should be next to it. Let me know how you go finding someone and we'll keep each other up to date. It is scary!
Please let us know who you go with and your results. I too am looking for someone in this area for a lower blepharoplasty.
Will do. If you find anyone, let me know also :) I was looking at Graeme southwick but I've heard that its better to go to an oculiplastic from a few of the bad reviews I've seen about the surgery.
Personally, from my experience (or lack thereof) I would recommend that you only go to an Oculoplastic Surgeon. They specialize in the eyes. Board Certified Plastic Surgeons don't have the qualifications to perform a revision blepharoplasty, as revisions are very risky. Might as well go to the best right up front. Because of my naivete‎ I have suffered for almost three years now, because I believed Board Certified Plastic Surgeons were qualified to "refresh" my eyes, as they claimed to be. Brought nothing but devastation into my life. If I weren't on disability all ready for my back, I'd be on it for this vile eye condition. Lots of prayers going up to heaven on this one. If I could go back the one day before Oct 16, 2010 and change things, I would. Now I've gotta make lemonade out of lemons. BTW - been to many many different Opthamologist‎'s since for help and there really isn't any help. Future corrective surgery might, and I do have an Ocuoplastic Surgeon selected if and when I have the money necessary. My eyes pull down at each end and too much white is exposed. This has given me extreme dry eyes, constant pain and irritation. My eyes are red and malpositioned. The condition I now have as a result of this surgery is called blepharitis. And it's chronic. Feels like salt-water is in your eyes most of the time and like menthol rub is on your eyelids. It's debilitating. That's my story. Trusting Christ to get me out of this one. Nothing is too hard for Him.
Thank you so much for your response! I'm really worried about this surgery as the eyes are a very sensitive area. It's always good to hear people's experiences. I'm so sorry to hear about what has happened to you. I really hope that it all works for you and your suffering can stop!
hi sorry to read your story, hope things get better. Could you tell me did you have upper or lower or both done and if you had lower was it done transconjunctival blepharoplasty or was it done externally?

Good luck finding a surgeon!

Thank you!
Did you chose a surgeon and get it done in the end? I hope it worked out well for you, I'd like to know the outcome : )
Agree- we'd love an update :)