39 Years Old, No Kids, 5'6" Size 8/10 UK, 30GG - Melbourne, AU

For a small person I have very large breasts. I'm...

For a small person I have very large breasts. I'm a 30GG however wear 32GG, I have had problems with getting dresses in a size 10, problems getting shirts. My decision to have a breast reduction is based on frustration and the desire to have small breast. I have had my first consultation and my experience has a been great, next one in Dec, will move forward with op in February.

New Surgeon

I just wanted to give an update as February is drawing closer and I'm getting excited.

I decided to change my surgeon as I was getting slightly worried about not seeing any of my previous surgeon's work. I was directed to a webpage however as she's more experienced as a hand surgeon she had lots of great work on hands and the scarring looked great, but still a bit unsettled about not seeing any breast work.

I went to a Women's health luncheon with Epworth and heard Dr Jane Paterson speak, she showed lots of before and after pictures, women at all ages, so I booked in with Dr Paterson. Jane is based at Epworth Richmond and working into her rooms I felt like a rock star. Steph her practice manager was lovely, greeted me by name, little chit chat, Jane herself is very impressive and I knew I made the right decision for me. Jane's experience and knowledge made me feel comfortable, she's warm, friendly, went through the routine questions and answers. Dr Paterson does the vertical scar technique (lollipop incision) instead of inferior pedicle flap technique (anchor incision), she said she wouldn't do it on a family member so why do it on me, fair point.

I'm keen to go down to a 32C however she said the best she can do is a D - why do all surgeon's opt for D cups? I actually think we're not on the same page with breast sizes, I'm thinking UK perhaps she's thinking Australian. I've purchased a 32C and 32D cup from the UK and I'm going to purchase 10C and 10D cup Australian so we can work this out together.

Granted that Jane Paterson is more expensive at $8250 however that includes all follow ups, surgery bras, if something goes wrong and needs to fix it she's not charging extra. For me that was a big bonus and made me feel comfortable knowing if anything went wrong I was covered.

I'm still worried about my scarring, I heal well I think however I'm just concerned that it will be thick and dark like another scar I have, but it's only been 5 months and the scar is still healing. Are there any dark skin ladies out there reading this who can tell me their experience with scarring please?

Next apponitment is in February, until then have an excellent Christmas and New Year! :)
Jane Paterson