Ran out of Money - Medford, OR

My tattoo is 1"x1" on my hand. I was...

My tattoo is 1"x1" on my hand. I was concerned about not being hired for a job with it. I took 5 treatments over the course of 9 months that healed quickly each time. The doctor said that should be sufficient, but the tattoo's still there, faded in some areas more than others. I ran out of money and wish I would've just kept the tattoo.

From what I understand, the older the tattoo, say 25+ years or less than 6 months old, the easier it is to remove. Other than that, your facing alot of treatments. Black is easiest to remove from what the laser tech told me. They use the q-switch laser.
i just had my last treatment with my tattoo, which is black and this was the tenth treatment. with my other tattoo i had only 5 tratments and after that it had disappeared. i don't know weather the ink is responding properly to the laser.
I agree that sometimes you need to take a break. I had 3 removed and the problem is that it has everything to do with your skin, doc said 1-2 treatments I lost count I think it was after 6 or 7 that I gave up but they do seem to continue to fade as time goes on. while girl in office had 1 treatment and you could barely see hers.. The age on tattoo's needs too be raised to at least 25 (-:

Has faded considerably

My tattoo is now very light grey, only visible when looking close. It's been four years since I got laser treatments. There is minimal scarring, but I am not dissatisfied. I would post a photo but my webcam won't capture it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still

I regret paying so much for the procedure.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-