41 Yo Male That Wanted to Remove Stubborn Fat Around Chest and Abd - Fairfax, VA

I had the procedure done on 24 Jul and I am...

I had the procedure done on 24 Jul and I am pleased with the results. I am on day 3 and I wanted to document my journey to help others since this site was very helpful before and after the procedure.

I did have bruising on my penis and testicles. I only used Tylenol to manage the pain and it was a little tough yesterday and better today.

I did go for a walk today 2 miles and felt pretty good!

Continue to improve. Minimal pain, but I continue to have swelling. I am using an abdominal binder and started to work out.

Day 10 Picture

A lot less swelling and the bruising is resolving.

Seroma

15 days out from the Surgery and I noted a Seroma on my lower R abd. It was painful last night and I had it drained this AM --- 80 cc was removed. I have worn the compression garment, but it still developed. After the fluid was removed, I have a futoro Abd compression bandage to hopefully prevent the issue in the future.

8 Aug (2 wk Pictures)

Continuing to improve!

3rd Week from Surgery 16 Aug

I am continuing to improve with some swelling and a bruise from the location of the Seroma on R Abd. I am still being cautious about returning to my full workout routine; however, i started running 3 miles, have completed abdominal exercises, and started lifting weights. I am still having some numbness, some pain around my chest and lower Abd, and swelling mainly around the lower abd.

Biking

I biked 20 miles on Saturday and 30 miles on Sunday. Minimal discomfort (much easier than running!). It maybe interesting for those of you trying to loose weight at the calorie burn you can achieve on a bike - approximately 800-1000 calories per hour (14-16 miles). Now that will help you shed a few pounds!
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Barlow and the staff was outstanding!