Finally Did It: Liposuction 6 Days Ago - VA

I always wanted to have a flat belly, after months...

I always wanted to have a flat belly, after months of dieting, working out including p90 x and Zumba, there was no way to get rid of my lower ab fat and love handles so I decided to move forward with surgery. I am 128lbs age 24.

Day 1 of Surgery:
I was very nervous but knew I was in great hands! The only thing that hurt was the IV needle but then I went to sleep, not so bad.
When I woke up I feel like I had been beaten up it was very painful :( nurse gave a pill and then I went home lie down and slept.

Day 2 Still in pain
Day 3-5 Felt much much better, at day 4 I was able to get out of bed without any help. Iam seeing some changes in my belly but no so much yet since its still swollen but definitely flatter :) My stomach feels very tight and numb, tomorrow they will be removing the drain (ouch) I hope it does not hurt I am a little cry baby

Day 6 Finally got my drain removed, It was...

Day 6
Finally got my drain removed, It was painless! The doctor was so gentle and very good! love it!
Loving my results so far, but I am still swollen which is normal 6 days post op, can't wait to see the final result.

Hi Coco, thanks for sharing your experience with us, I'm glad things have worked out for you so far. Please keep us updated on your results as they progress.

2 Weeks post op: I have horrible lumps, My ps...

2 Weeks post op:
I have horrible lumps, My ps says they will go away but I am honestly hoping they do because I am freaking out! My stomach looks horrible, it looked great the first week but second week its looking worse and worse each time, does anyone have the same experience ;( I am so sad!
I COMPLETELY understand how you feel. The best advice I can give you is to remain hopeful and ensure you continue to wear the garment. It should even out over time. But do not let your Dr off the hook either. I didn't want to be a problem - and I saw a bunch of wonderful testimonials online for my Doctor and now I have Dr's online looking at my pics and telling me I have muscle separation!!! I don't even know why he didn't see that or say anything!
Instead of correcting my waviness he just put me under local (because he didn't want me to have to pay for general and an anesthesiologist (which makes me laugh because it was his bad care and attention that got me here in the first place) and just lipo'd me more! I think I just passed out from the pain in the end. When I came too I noticed I still have peaks and valleys across my abdomen and the top part has separated. I am only 116- 124 Lbs! I am not fat but now I look like it. I miss my little smooth round belly now :(

But anyway - you are still so new to the surgery I am hopeful that if you keep your garment on (make sure it is snug) for the next 8 weeks you will even out.

Best wishes - please keep me posted.
Hi Liposad,

I am sorry to hear about your lipo results, right now I am just patiently waiting hoping these horrible lumps will go away. I am 2 weeks post op, so I will have to wait and see, but I don't see any other people out here that had similar lumps like me, so I am scared this may be a complication. My ps assured me that they will go away, so I will just have to wait and see :(. I am very disappointed right now because I thought I was going to be able to enjoy the part of this summer but with this horrible stomach I cant even look at myself.
That is what happened to me - I had the bumps you did after 2 weeks. My Dr was in Europe because I just recently moved to USA. After a year (of hoping it would even out) I went back to the original Dr in Europe (he was board certified and a plastic surgeon). He did lipo again (his recommendation) to try and even out the bumps and now it's even worse. I posted some pictures on here asking other doctors and they say that it is muscle separation and that it wasn't a good job. Problem is I look worse than I did in the beginning! I look fatter and am petite and only 120lbs! Don't know who an help even it out now.

I still have these horrible lumps! I just had to...

I still have these horrible lumps! I just had to cancel a vacation because they look so bad! lost over $1000 on reservation... I am extremely disappointed :( at this point I feel like its not getting any better, has anyone gotten lumps and they are now gone? I been massaging so much and still they will not go away.
I had lipo June 4th- my garment does not come off- my nerves are damaged, but that is to be expected. I am extremely hard because of it healing- mine look pretty good for being as swollen as I am. I never had a drain, but had drainage holes. Sounds like we had two different surgeries!
Hi Liposad,
Thats a horrible story! I could never do lipo under local that is way too painful. Have you talk to any other surgeon to see if there is something that can be done? I am extremely scared that this digusting lupms will never go away, because I used to have a nice belly before.... I rather have love handles than this horrible stomach :( . My doctor said it should flatten out in a month, well I am 4 days away from a month and this lumps are still there so I am completely freaking out! this really sucks...I havent seen anyone out here that had lumps like mine and they went away.. I am starting to think is the doctors technique and I may need a revision.

Today it looks like the bumps are starting to go...

Today it looks like the bumps are starting to go down a little :/ I just hope they go away.. I will post pictures ;)
Hi Missy,

I did do a tummy tuck.. Not sure how to advise you o that, I did had lipo and have some lumps... I been massaging them a lot and I hope they go away.. They look like they are starting to go away slightly but I will just have to wait. In regards to butt injection not sure :/?
I meant to say I didn't do a tummy tuck.
I'm going July 9 2012 for my tummy tuck and butt injects.... Advice please

6 weeks into and still have this lumps!

6 weeks into and still have this lumps!

Forgot to mention lumps are getting smaller and I...

Forgot to mention lumps are getting smaller and I will hope that they go away.
I have lumps that are slowly going down. I have a small ball that I used to roll over my belly while sitting at my desk at work. I smooth my tummy gently for an hour every day and the lumps are gone. Some areas still swell up at the end of the day. I'm 6.5 weeks out. Love my results but can't wait to be fully healed.
Coco, I have read on some post that massages help; have you traied that?? I am planing on haveing lipo in Aug and one of the things I am planing to do is just that massage once a week.

9 week update- My lumps are smaller but still...

9 week update- My lumps are smaller but still visible, I hope my stomach will look nice and flat :/ . I wonder if everyone gets lumps or its just certain people that do and if they completely disappear.
Yes large ones. They will soften over time. We still have at least 2 more months for Final results. I massage all the time!!
I am 9 weeks and still have quite a few lumps and bumps? do you have a lot of little ones or just big ones.. I have so many and I been massing, they have decrease on size but in the middle still big. At this point I'm just waiting :/

Anyone knows when will the lumps go away? I talked...

Anyone knows when will the lumps go away? I talked to a couple of people who went under lipo and never developed lumps? Is this normal? Or is this the doctors technique?
Hi coco, just wondering if your lumps ever resolved? I am post liposuction to flanks, sides and lower abdomen and I have a similar surface to you still. It was initially worse but has improved slightly. However I do not have the smooth stomach I used to have. I started lymphatic drainage the third week post op for an entire week. Now I use a vibrating massager ever second day. I also still wear my garment. I am hoping it will smooth out eventually but so far I have the cottage cheese disease to my lower abdo and sides! I am hoping that yours would have resolved by now to give me some hope!
Hi.. I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo of the hips, back and butt injects.. And it all hurt like hell.. And that was July 9 2012 and I'm still dealing with the famous swell hell. I start the day off somewhat flat but as the day go on it get bigger and bigger.. Sometimes I think that something as came apart or something I don't know what's going on... I'm sad because I payed for a flat tummy and I don't have one.... Is there anyone with some helpful advice..
Sorry that your not 100% pleased with your lipo. I read on your PS website he doesn't use garments after Liposuction.. Maybe thats why you have develop that many lumps. I have not heard of someone that has had lipo and not have to use a compression garment.

Year update

All I can say is wow, Dr. Widder did a great job. At the beginning I was a bit worried and even depressed because my stomach did not look the way I wanted too, however, it takes time to recover and see the full results. A year later, I can finally see the results and I'm extremely happy. Even though there are is a small lump, nothing is perfect. Overall I feel wonderful!
post pictures please
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Overall he is a good plastic surgeon he knew exactly what I wanted, and so far I can see a big difference in my waist size. Also he is very gentle and makes you feel very comfortable. The reason I am not fully satisfied is because I still have uneven belly and lumps even after two years after the surgery.