Keep Calm and Carry Cleavage

Flying from my home island to Maui this afternoon....

Flying from my home island to Maui this afternoon. My surgery is scheduled for me to arrive at the surgical suite at 6:30 a.m

I got a really assuring phone call from the anesthesiologist yesterday detailing his end of the procedure. He will be using TIVA (total iv anesthesia) and listed all of the benefits of using this for my type of surgery...no hang-over effect, no nausea, waking up only 8 minutes after the medicine is stopped and feeling mentally clear 10 minutes later.

My current stats are 5'9" 120 lbs and a 32a...or less
Will be receiving Natrelle style 15 in either 371 or 400 cc.

I am most nervous about flying home on Thursday evening. Even though it is a 45 minute flight there is the whole check-in, security, waiting in line to board process.
Hope everything goes well.

Most of my excited feeling come from following the stories on RealSelf. Thank you ladies for sharing your reviews, I have read so many!

Before + after pictures soon

Woah, boobs !

Shuffled into the operating room by 8:30..it is noon here and just got back to the bungalow.
Pain is at a six, not looking forward to the local anesthesia wearing off. Can't take a deep breath, but not trying. Doc is coming over to check on me in a little bit

Feeling alright

Thanks to all the ladies who posted "stay on top of you meds"...taking hydrocodone every 5 hours, 5 mg
Feeling pain in my chest pec muscles and incisions (I'm guessing), but my mind is clear and I feel uplifted rather than high.
Also took 1 mg of Valium because I was a bit panicky about the chest pressure.

Waiting for Dr. Phan to come and check on me. I am so glad he is my PS
I will ask him to snap a new picture with my phone!

My surgery experience yesterday

Got to the center at 6:30
Pregnancy test + compression stockings.
Got my chest drawn on by the Dr and reviewed size and goals.
Talked with two very sweet nurses about kids and travelling.
Waiting in the recovery room for the anesthiologist, I started to get that fight-or-flight feeling...anxiety.
Dr. Tom came in to start the iv and I felt better, he reminded me that it was his job to keep me safe and I felt that...safe.
We walked into the OR, I laid on the table and felt a warm sensation up my arm. I watched everyone moving around in slow motion and...I was back in the recovery room.
I felt dizzy for about ten minutes. First could only keep one eye open because of the spinning, and then both. Dr Phan came in to take put my iv and I said "whose next on the table". Carly helped me get dressed and wheeled me down the street to the bungalow.
I was nervous about spending the first day away from home, but it was great. There is a super comfy reclining/massage chair that I spent the afternoon, evening, + overnight camped out in. Recling with my shoulders back on the chair allows for deeper breaths and more comfort. Still in a world of pain when walking around or sitting non-reclined, but the pain pills are helping.
Dr. stopped by last night for a quick peek, but didn't remove the strap or bra. I still can hardly believe that I have boobs. It is one thing to think "I'm going to have boobs" an another level of elation that "Holy Moly I do have boobs" Not feeling too great, but this is still the best..day..ever!

First look at the new additions!

Just saw the Dr. and his nurse, Carly.
Swelling minimal, no bruising, the implant is right on target with the Sharpie marker.
Implants are high up, as expected, but I can already tell that Dr. PH an was right on with his measurements and cc size.
Next post-op on Monday.
I am so happy that I went through with the surgery! Now to rest and focus on healing.
Well, after I get through the trip home on the airplane today. What makes it easier is Holly from the office, she will be driving us to the airport and even printed out our boarding passes for easier check-in.

One more picture

PS is going to email me the before pictures..here's a hint..I was flat as a board!

Here is the picture

Air travel..no thank you

Do not recommend air travel on post-op day one! I never realized how darn uncomfortable seats at the gate are and I was walking so slow, more of a shuffle really. My memory foam pillow got misplaced somewhere and I burst into tears at the airport. Like not even thinking about being upset, just overwhelmed.
Home now..posted up on the couch, icing my underarms. Home sweet home

Gauze pad intervention

Got some swelling near my ribs where the compression bra is squeezing me. Putting into action a tip from another RealSelf girl..gauze pads between my skin and the band where it is the tightest.
And now that is taken care of...catching up on Pretty Little Liars.

First post-op shower

Felt good to shower, spent a good five minutes staring in the mirror at my new curves. Curves! I can make curves in clothes (thanks to the add 2 cup size bra), but at the end of the day, they come off. Well, these boobies are all mine now!

Pictures

Day Three

Still sleeping on the couch and taking Hydrocodone every 5-7 hours. There have actually been moments today when I thought to myself "I can breathe deep and don't feel any pain". It only happens when I am reclined on 2 layers of pillows with my shoulders relaxed back.

Even though I have no desire to leave the house, will be going to a kids Halloween event at the botanical gardens this afternoon. My mom is fully taking care of my four year old daughter, so it should be okay for an hour or two. Plus, I will not be driving.

Differences from day 2...I washed my hair today and shuffled around to make myself lunch. And, got a tee shirt over my head.

My next post-op is Monday morning

Tomorrow a girl friend is coming by to say hi and check on me. Am nervous because I told her was having hernia surgery. Although she is one of my best friends, the words "oh my god, promise me you won't ever have plastic surgery, it is so disgusting" have actually come out of her mouth. Mostly when we see celebrity photos. Oh boy. On a positive note, my ex is out of town for a few weeks, so I won't have to worry about any suspicious glares and stares during child pick up/drop off.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Staying busy while doing nothing

1.) RealSelf, um hello. My mom is freaked out that I keep posting half naked pictures online. This makes it even more fun.
2.) Netflix:
The 4400 ( I love sci-fi)
Fringe (Olivia Dunham is my hero)
Portlandia (Funny + smart)
3.) Actually talking to people on the phone.
I'm usually too "busy" to sit for a phone
conversation
4.) Working on my business and website.
I make lamp work glass sculptures for a
living (ten years now). It has been on
the to do list for awhile now to take new
product photos and update my website.
Rosemaryglass.com
5.) Board games. Even on pain pills I'm
pretty good at Candyland

Before Pictures

Now I love seeing my "before" pics. You know why?
Because there are also AFTERS!

Stats 5'9 + 120 lbs.
32A

What a difference a bra makes

Saw Dr. Phan this morning. He removed the compression strap from my post-op bra and said that the implants are looking good. Because the crease on my breasts was lowered in surgery, he recommended getting into a bra that has a very supportive band so that the implants do not drop too much overall. I found this Maidenform bra that has a "wireless wire" It is very comfortable and will encourage the new crease to form and heal. Still in the bra 24/7 (except for showering).

I was feeling very concerned about getting the right support for my beautiful boobies. After trying on 8 or 9 styles at Macys, I stopped back by the office for the Dr. to give me the thumbs up. I really feel taken care of there and always enjoy spending a couple extra minutes chatting with his staff.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

Happy at One Week Post Op!

This morning I feel like I've rounded a corner on the healing path. There is no more pain. It has been replaced by an achiness that comes after prolonged movement. For example, yesterday I spent two hours in town doing this + that and the whole time I was taking care of little things on my own. Opening my own car door, reaching to grab coffee off of the shop counter. You know, little things. Later that night I helped my mom fold laundry.
As long as I don't extend my arm WHILE lifting, I feel normal.

I have four pain pills left and then will switch to Tylenol. I am very grateful for the rest and healing the pain medication has allowed over the past week. I know many people don't like the feeling of narcotics and I guess it is just a personal preference of what works for you.

I am so happy that I went through with the surgery. It is something that has been a big dream of mine for a long time. I am pleased with the size that I chose with my PS. 371cc mod+ profile, Natrelle. When I looked through his book of before and afters, that's when I knew we would be a good Doctor/patient match. It's similar to when you have your make up done at a department store. Meaning, you choose the man or woman who most closely displays your desired outcome.

My next post op is Monday and then I will learn breast massage.

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories.
I truly believe that RealSelf has played a big part in my positive state of mind throughout this life changing journey.

7 Days Post Picture

I am so excited not to have to hide in the water anymore!

Here's a picture of me in the midst of my old beach routine. Wear a cute cover up, tale off cover up and immediately get into the water. Transition straight to towel. Immediately put on a top.

Never again :)

What's the name of that pain?

Can I ask a question? I read the RS surgeon's response, but couldn't find. Do these mondor cords go from the armpit to the elbow by any chance? When I reach my arm out I feel an awful stretching pain in that area. And a sort of numbness in one patch?
Amy thoughts ladies??
Thank you!

Ten Days Since Surgery

Feeling 90% back to normal. Still having the weird pain in my right underarm extending to my elbow, but 2 Tylenol and 1 advil seem to help a lot. Seeing my PS on Monday morning.
The main difference between now and a couple days ago is that now I notice when I have an ache or pain. Whereas before there was ALWAYS an ache or pain.
Happy healing everyone :)

Fullness

Seeing more roundness.
I know there will be a lot more changes in the next six weeks especially.

Happy Saturday Night Ladies :)

No More Steri Strips, Starting to Massage

PS took off my steri strips and I have stared using Scar Away. I feel something poking out of the end of one of my incisions. I think it's a dissolvable stitch.

PS taught me three breast massages to do : 1) flatten the implant with my palm and make circles both clockwise and counterclockwise 2) push implants together by sliding the heels of my hands along the ribcage to do so and hold 3) flatten with the heel of my hand and make mini circles all the way around the breast.

You know, until the massages today I haven't touched my new boobs, mostly out of fear and reverence :) I would just shower, dry off with paper towels (a little ocd I know), snap a picture, and put the bra back on. They feel much more "real" than I expected! Squishy even. Maybe massages won't be so bad. Next PS appointment early December. He is accessible and I know when I have questions, answers are just an email or phone call away. Happy day :)

Noticing Positive Changes, While Some Things Stay The Same.

Making progress:
1) Slept in my bed, on my side for the first time. I figure that since one of my massage exercises involves pushing the implants together, this sleeping position is an extension of that movement. Woke up feeling a little stiff, but walked off the tight boob feeling within 5 minutes.
2) I no longer feel like "everybody knows". At first it seemed like my surgery was the most obvious thing in the world. Now, unless I'm sporting cleavage, it is seamless from what I looked like pre-surgery in my double padded push up bra.
This makes me feel like what I was "faking" before is now all me!
Slow Going:
1) My incisions have a long way to go. I started using Scar Away Sheets. All day and night except for when showering. My skin is light olive with yellow undertones. It takes 3-4 months for any type of cut, burn, or pimple mark to fade on me. I suspect the scars will be visible for a long time to come.
2) There is decresed sensitivity from the nipple down to my insicion. It was numbness up until I started with the massages last Monday. I don't mind.
Overall, things are better than great. I am back to working and feel confident in my decision to get breast implants.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Left Boob is Clicking?

I notice when doing massages that my left breast clicks (for lack of a better word) when I push the implant towards to my sternum. Like the implant is hitting a ligament or something in my chest. Also, there is a space on my left near the bottom that hasn't filled out. It leaves a hard line. Looks like an angle rather than a curve. Not worried, just noticing and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe part of the settling process.

Making progress in a bathing suit

I tried this bikini top on one week ago and my boobs wouldn't fit into it. Not that it was too small, but it is a push up type of swimwear. Voda Swim. BTW these swimsuits are routinely featured on Sports Illustrated models. Point being, my implants were stiff and wouldn't go into the molded cups properly. The massages are helping so much! I know they will soften even more and hopefully be looking bouncy and more full soon. Good day

Some Other Things

*I have one week left of post op Make Me Heal vitamins. You take two packets a day, six pills in a packet. I don't know too much about supplements beyond taking a daily multivitamin. I recommend these because they are easy on the tummy (even the first day post op) and I felt proactive taking a supplement to encourage fast healing.
*On a daily basis, I take 2 extra strength Tylenol and one Advil in the mid-afternoon. It's the point in the day where I start to feel boob tired, but still have stuff to do.
*I am wearing Scar Away silicone strips 23 hours/day. The first two days they were so itchy that I panicked that I would have to ditch them. This happens to me with Band-Aids too. It's not the latex, but the adhesive. By the third day, no problem and totally comfortable
*The feeling is slowly coming back to both nipples and down to the incision. Same for the numb area on the underside of my right upper arm that I wrote about before.
Feels tingly when I massage and shower. Not painful
*The only motion that I still have trouble with is extending my arm and then lifting or pulling. For example, no vacuuming here! Lucky we don't wear shoes in the house.
*Everyday I am happy with my decision to have this surgery and grateful for the wonderful surgeon who made my wish boobs a reality.

To All The Shirts That Have Been Sitting In My Closet

No bra or padding, but the halter tie adds a little oomph!

Positive Post Op Week Four

This has been an exciting week! On my four week post-op anniversary, I went hiking for the first time since surgery. It felt so good to be out moving around in the sunshine. Also, I bought a Calvin Klein bra from Macy's. Drumroll...34D! The band feels loose, but the cups on the 32D didn't cover enough. Maybe once they drop a bit more. Hmm. In other good news, I saw my ex for the first time since the surgery and he said nothing about my boobs. Phew! We do family stuff together with our daughter, but hopefully will keep his opinions to himself. Also, the clicking on my left boob has resolved! From massaging? The area that needs the most healing is my scars, I think I mentioned this before. The insicion site feels fine, but looks so obvious on my skin tone. On a positive note, looks like both scars will be right in the crease of my breasts and hidden from plain view. Works for me.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Wore This Dress Yesterday

Compliments from my friends, challenging words from my ex. Can't please everyone, but at least I am wildly happy :)

4 weeks of Scar Away

These are the hardest darn pictures to take! And I didn't want to post the first one because it's kinda yuck! But there is progress, so I feel good about that. My incisions are feeling good to the touch and the pokey stitch on the end just came off in the shower last week. All is well :)

Also

The incision line is in the crease, I just pulled it up for the photo. I notice that the dropping process has helped to hide the marks while they heal and fade.

Getting More Fluff!

8 days post vs. 5 1/2 weeks post

Wednesday will make 7 weeks

Boobs are settling nicely into place. My second pokey stitch came off, so hopefully the scars will heal better now at the ends.
It is a happy start to the month of December.

Looking Back Seven Weeks After Surgery

Next visit with my PS is next Monday. I love my boobs. The scars? Nope. But, in time they will fade. Right?!?

Can't stop smiling!

Saw my PS on Monday. Dr. Phan said everything looks good. He reminded me that after lowering the folds in both breasts, it is very important to keep the breasts up by wearing under-wire as much as possible so that the scar tissue creates a new fold in the right place. I'm on it!

Also, I asked about my scars. The good news is that because of the red/pink color, the scars are still healing. We are going to meet again in February and if the scars need more fading, Dr Phan will prescribe a lightening cream or said he can do IPL on the scars if the lightening cream doesn't do the trick.

Wore the shirt in the picture to a weekly craft market that I sell artwork at. Two of my work friends asked "did you get your boobs done!?!" Both times I said, no just wearing a fabulous bra. So, I guess I'm fully in the "did she or didn't she" category. This makes me feel comfortable wearing more revealing clothing and bathing suits. I am not over-the-top-sexy, just have a more proportional figure.
Two thumbs up for breast augmentation!
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

This is the same Dr. that treated the sun spots on my face with IPL. I like his before + after BA photos, staff members, and going to a private surgical center rather than a hospital.