Breast Augmentation with Lift on One Side & Adjustable Implant on the Other - Matthews, NC

I had my surgery done about five years ago. I was...

I had my surgery done about five years ago. I was severely assymetrical, with the left side being almost a C cup & the right side, closer to an A. After having four children, and being the age of 35, I thought they were pretty much done taking form, and I was ready to feel like a whole woman, without the embarassment of being seen naked. I inquired about the use of adjustable implants, which run a little more money but offered the ability to get them closer in size, AFTER they were implanted.

Ultimately, Dr. Ferrari suggested that we go with the adjustable implant only on the smaller side. He would make the larger breast the chosen size and after inserting them, over many months, he would fill the smaller (adjustable) side up with additional saline. At one point he even filled it up more & made it bigger than the other side for about a month, to expand and stretch the skin out like a balloon. Finally, about six months after surgery, he removed the excess saline to bring them as close & proportionate as possible & also removed the filling port.

On my left side, the naturally larger breast was sagging quite a bit PRE-surgery which required a lift. I have a minimal scar all around the areola but what bothered me most was that areaola on that breast was much larger than the one on the right side and after surgery it was also very puffy in it's natural state, as if it wasn't even attached to nerves/skin or anything underneath anymore and just free-floating full of air. The only way to get it to look normal was to make it erect. It was like this immediatly after surgery so about 6 weeks later, Dr. Ferrari did a revision to trim off some of the excess areola & make it closer to the size of the right one - charged me for that tho. :(

All in all, I think he was the best choice of a plastic surgeon for me. I am very happy with the look and feel of my "D" breasts. Everyone, thinks they are natural unless I show them the signs. I've never had any complications and I would definitely encourage other women with the same issues as mine to do it if they can! (Sorry the photos aren't very good)

I called and found out that I actually had this...

I called and found out that I actually had this done SEVEN years ago!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I had my surgery done five years ago but I would have to give Dr. Ferarri FIVE STARS in all categories. I had numerous consultations over a span of about 4 years before meeting and choosing Dr. Ferrari for my breast augmentation to correct severe assymetry. When I visited the office for the first time, Dr. Ferrari took about 30 to 45 minutes to thoroughly discuss my issues. Through several more conversations, in person, by email & phone, he helped me formulate the best plan of action for my specific problem. He truly seemed to care, didn't ever rush me & did not treat me like just another number, unable to even acknowledge me in the hallway as the other doctors I had met with previously had. I live about an hour away from Charlotte, NC - where his office is located - but I looked forward each and every visit there. His staff at the time, were most courteous and helpful, never making me feel uncomfortable in the least. I had a wonderful experience from Premier Plastic Surgery with Dr. Victor Ferrari!

I had then placed under the muscle. They were anatomical implants - not round. Yes, mine were super high and it probably took 6 months or longer to drop. Hope that helps, Diva.
Hey liddysue did you get under teh muscle or subfascial. I consulted with him and he recommended subfascial for me. But maybe they weren't doing that back then. Your results are fantastic! Very natural looking? Do you remember if they were high at first? Mines feel like a slope now check out my pictures. I am hoping mines will drop to look more like your it looks more natural to me.
They look fantastic!
Yes, they are both taken after, about five years after. Thank you! One day I'll hunt down some originals. :)

Thank you for posting your story and photos here on RealSelf. It sounds like you did your homework and got a very customized approach for your issues.

Are these photos both afters? You look lovely!