Nervous Schedualed March 1st for TT W- Lipo - Massachusetts

HI, I am 34 yrs old mom of 2 beautiful...

HI, I am 34 yrs old mom of 2 beautiful children 11, and 8. when i gave birth to both children i was well over 215 lbs. Prior to having my babies i was about 130 at 5'3.I have tried the gym and diets but nothing will get rid of this flab i have for skin now!! I have been reserching TT procedure for about 7 yrs now.. I have now finally schedualed my date for march 1st. The time is fast approching now and i am getting scared. I know i have made the right decision and my husband is supportive with me doing this, however im still a little worried.. If anyone has any advise please do share!
Thank you for listening to me..

I am going to add a few pictures of my pre tt...

I am going to add a few pictures of my pre tt tummy.. I cant wait to get rid of this! I will add new pics late next week if im up to it.

6 more days!! Im getting excited now.. Keep ready...

6 more days!! Im getting excited now.. Keep ready all the threds ladies it help more than you can imagine.

Hey everyone! So i am less than 48 hours away from...

Hey everyone! So i am less than 48 hours away from surgery and my house is now all in order. My area is all set up with all i think i will need, and food shopping is done.. I hope i didn't forget anything! I though i would start to get those nervous feeling again as i got closer to my date but im still just very excited to get it done and over with and start the healing process.

Does anyone know the best diet to eat while recovering?? I was thinking alot of fresh fruit, yogurt, protien shakes ( which i did buy also)... Anything else i can add to that?

Thanks Ladies!

Hi! I am now 9 days post op and I have to say I...

Hi! I am now 9 days post op and I have to say I feel really good! I had 1 of the 2 drains removed on Tuesday and the last drain possible Friday. I still have fluid draining and my dr will not pull it out if it's still at 25 cc's in which it has been these last 4/5 days. Yesterday it was actually 40cc ( in 24 hrs) for the first time since last week! I don't like the drain but id rather it be coming out that sitting in me so if I have to have it another few days thats fine with me.
I am able to walk around fine I am actually worried i'm doing more than I should. I cannot sit all day it drives me crazy! I'm not cooking and cleaning so much just walking around the house the up and down and streching, and laughing i'm worried will damage my abs.If i laugh to much it hurts and i try not to laugh, but sometimes it happens. Has this happen to anyone else., or is anyone else more active 1 week after surgery? I don't want to rush my self and i feel like im not. Im just doing what my body wants to do.
I will update with another picture of two once i have this last drain removed.

Photo Update

Hey everyone, I am now 1 month post op today...

Hey everyone,

I am now 1 month post op today and I cant say I feel great. I am very swollen to the point my binder just rides up when I sit. There is no point in wearing it its not helping were the swelling is really the worst. Im thinking I might call my PS to try and get an eariler appointment with him. I dont see him for another 2 weeks!

Has anyone ever taken natural water pills? I was thinging of doing that but I want to make sure its ok..Ill check with my ps. I tried ice and it did work for me. I tried putting a towel in my binder and that didnt work either. IDK what else I can do.
As soon as feel like my tummy is back to normal i will post new pictures.

Sorry I have not updated in a very ling time. I am...

Sorry I have not updated in a very ling time. I am going in January for a revision. I ended up with dog ears as well as extra skin on my hip area and pubic area.. its like the swelling never went away. I wear my binder an it makes a difference. But after 9 months I figured my tummy would have taken great shape. I know they say 1 year but its a little disappointing. There is a big difference from the surgery but just need a few tweeks to make it perfect! Hope all fellow march and everyone else have or are healing well.. ill update pictures soon.
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

other than the post surgery effects...i feel amazing! the surgical doctor couldn't have done a better job...he worked his magic!:) i'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to get the surgery and thankful for the doctors professionalism, as well as, his skills. he is amazing! i would highly recommend him to anyone!

Can't wait to see your revised pics. So sorry you have to go back in. :( I will have to post a pic of my dog ear. Like I said, I am not going to get it fixed, but it is kinda annoying when I notice it...
Soccermom~ Can you post updated pics now that you are so far past surgery? Are you loving your results??
I will take pictures an post a few but I have dog ears and still extra skin at my pubic line.. I do like the results just need some revision in which I have scheduled in January.
I will try to take a few pictures tomorrow morning when I wake up an post them when I get home from work.
I wanna see new pics!! U gotta be looking great!!
ya it is a slow process, my Dr. told me that because of all the fluid problems that i have had that it will probably be 18 months for everything to be good, my scar tissue is very bumpy and i have actually "sprung" leaks due to my stomach being so tight due to the fluid build up,it has been interesting, but even with my swelling of fluid i still look and feel 100% better, i can be patient for good results in the end, just have to think positive:)
I had my tt back on feb21st, and i still have fluid and swelling,i think she is right when 4 months is when you really see the results,we all just need to be patient, i'm lopsided as well, but it's fluid that keeps building up, somedays are just ugh!!! but i know eventually it will be all worth it, i just wish someone would have told me to not expect results soon, i thought in a few weeks i'd be wearing a 2 peice, ha ha.
Me too!! I thought I would be walking around in a bikini 2 weeks later too! I am so glad I found this forum because I would have been really upset now (at 3 weeks)! I can't imagine wearing a 2 piece right now!
Oh do I hope that happens for me. I'm working out in hopes to see better results.
Hi 3/10/11 I'm 8 weeks and 2 days. I know I still have some healing but I'm not as flat as I hoped I would be. When I sit I still seem to have a roll. that's so depressing. My ps Said I was healing well but to me I'm just upset at 8 weeks I expected to see better results.. I started working out an feel good about it! I do still swell in the pubic area. Only if I leave my binder off.
My girlfriend is at four months and she is JUST now beginning to see the results she was hoping for. I think you will too. I am a week and two days behind you and when I swell I think I still have a gut. It will get better. Oh I had issues with my binder so I just leave it off. It makes me look crazy on one side. Now that is depressing to see. lol
I still get swelling ALOT! but i have'nt gotten the crotch swelling and today makes seven weeks. I started back exercising and then it really swells up. I looove the way it looks in the morning though, so noce and flat!
How is the swelling going now? I am in the same spot you were. Sometimes I get so swollen it literally hurts.
I hope you are doing well!
HI 3 boys The swelling is not so bad anymore..Getting much better however right now I have my monthly so its bad at this time. I have already started working out. My PS told me I was cleared to start just cant do my abs yet... 4 more weeks and I can start them! I have to say I was expecting better results but I am still healing so im still hoping! LOL... Glad your doing well!!
Hey Soccermom, how may weeks are you now? Why do u not like your results?
hey how are you doing hun? havent heard from you in a couple of days!
HI! I am doing ok... I have alot of swelling it hurts.. I cant sleep on my back due to the swelling.. I hope my Ps can do something for it.. I think i may have seroma. :-( Hope your doing well and healing well!
Im doing pretty good except this nasty cold (2nd one since surgery) along with some fevers. omg the coughing is killing me!! but other than that my tummy is flat very little swelling....will most likely have a revision done in Oct of this year cause of the "butt cheek" crease thing and im starting to get saggy skin in my belly button area again so a little upset with that....another thing i noticed about all you lovely ladies and i do have to admit im a bit jealous, your guys scars are low mine is super high and my panties dont even hide it at all, which i was told it would be hidden. but then again its so much better than my "before" belly! How are you doing?
Wow! Your healing quick! Looks amazing!
Thanks! i was healing great with the drains in. Now that they are out i am so swollen it really stin ks! I wanna look like i did 2 weeks ago! I see my PS soon so he should know more of what i can do for all this swelling.. Hope your doing well.
You look awesome! When they cut you a new belly button, did they put stitches on it? Some people look like they have stitches, but yours looks so natural a few days out of surgery. I need to be prepared so I can discuss this with my PS.
Hi Madison,
Yes I do have stitches in my belly button. I will say my PS did a fantastic job!! I have no complaints other than the swelling...Oh its it awful! Good luch with your recovery! Remember it gets worse before it gets better. You will do great!
Hey girl! I'm doing ok.. This swelling is killen me if its not my tummy its my hips or flank area. :-( ill be so happy when I past this.. I avoid salt as best I can but I can't avoid all. To answer ur questions I saw on March tt ladies I've been in my bed now for over a week. I now sleep on my sides. ( My stitches are mostly gone ) I'd die if I was still sleeping upright..lol go sleep in bed..its gonna be weird at first but your'll do fine.. Also the play ground I was told 6 weeks.. I plan on waiting the 6 weeks too.. What 3 more weeks right! Lol..
hey how are you doing? its been 3 weeks! i cant believe it =) i know how you feel with the swelling! ive got it bad but prob doesnt help i eat salty foods....need to cut those out and eat fresh again like i did the 1st week!
Yikes I saw my Dr today he removed my last drain and said all looked well. I just need to keep my binder on tighter. Il glad you healed well! :-)