I'm 31 years old I've already had liposuction...

I'm 31 years old I've already had liposuction because I thought I was down to having children that my husband and I decided to have another I really wish they waitedI just had my 3rd child and had my tubes tied so I'm definitely done I want to start planning a tummy tuck. they say you shouldn't try to save money when getting plastic surgery done but I feel like I wasted so much money on getting liposuction that saving money this time round would be nice so I decided to go to a teaching hospital after I get the surgery I will name where. has anyone ever done that before like the outcome

before pics

consultation

Since it was at a teaching hospital it lasted four hours and cost 75 dillors. First they took pictures, and ask if I took any meds ect.. then a doctor came and ask what I wanted done and why, I told him I wanted a tummy tuck plus a areola reduction. He took the info and picture back to the students and I wanted for a hour in the waiting room and got some food. The doctor and about seven students came back and look at my tummy and breast. It was a little weird to have so many people looking at me naked but the price I pay for saving 5, 000 bucks. unfortunately they said they can't help me with my breast without putting smaller implants in because it will just stretch back out,I already have implants and having a baby stretched my areola out. They did say I'm a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck and they aregonna do some lipo with it on my sides and back. I paid in full and surgery is scheduled fot june 17th. :)

can't wait

So in 2011 I had lipo done, and I was really happy besides some bumps that never got out but it was way better then before. Anyways I hope this tummy tuck will help me look like what I use to five months after the lipo.
Right now I'm 156 pounds height is 5'8'' I had a baby almosy six months ago and breast feeding made it was I wasn't losing any weight. I lost 13 pounds whileI was at the hospital but since I been home I havny lost a pound. Its so depressing after you spent so much on lipo.
I worry some cause I going to a teaching hospital but I hope because they are being supervised by a teacher that it makes them wanna do great and have everything perfect, right??
I just stop breast feeding so I'm hoping I can lose some weight before surgery.

dieting

I been working out and dieting before my surgery. I started 21 day fix. I wanna have the best results I can get.
This week as been rough, two people asked me if I was pregnant. :( I really want june 17 to come fast.

the count down starts

So close, I'm only nervous that I might never wake up after being put to sleep. I dont want to die, I can't stop thinking about my kids. I'm hoping ill be fine since this is the sixth time I been put under.

on the flatside

Ill update later still in hospital. Here is a pic

photos

I'm two days since my tt but still out of it to write anything. This was deff a pain full surgery and don't think I wanna ever do it again but I already love the out come!

One week since my tummy tuck

so its been one week since my tummy tuck, The first night so hell so there was no way i could write a review. I truly don't understand how some places can give you a tummy tuck and just send you home after. Im so glad i was able to stay one night at the hospital and have a catheter in me to pee. I was hurting so bad and was wicked nausea but didn't puke , they had to keep an iv with fluids in me cause i was having a hard time eating anything. I pretty much slept off and on the whole day and night. midnight they took my catheter out and HOLY shit it was so hard and hurt bad to walk to the bathroom! The first three days was the hardest by the fourth i didnt need pain meds anymore and was able to walk around. i got bored and wanted to help out around the house more and that was a mistake cause the next day i was unable to do anything. so take it easy even when you think your ok. My drains were removed yesterday and the doctor said everything looks great! YAY! i hated theses things, they were low next to my privet so it was hard to wear anything. The binder is ichy as hell. i took someones advice and put it over a shirt and it feels so much better,maybe tonight ill get sleep for once. not sure how im gonna go back to work in a week, doctor since once i can stand up straight i am ok to work just don't lift anything wicked heavy, its a good thing i only work part time cause im mainly a house wife. Im still hunched over ALOT and it makes my back kill.

Hoping for a fast healing, this is hard, andits hard to tell how the results look due to swelling.

1week pics

Lots of swelling I hope!

10 day pics

Swelling a little down not much,back ud getting better every day. Healing SUCKs

oops more 10 day pic

two weeks

No change in swelling.
Took another week off work.
I had a nightmare that when the tape comes off my incision open up. I hope its ok under the tape.

15 days po

The tape came off. I hate it off, I'm so scared its gonna rub on my pants ans underwear. I think tomorrow I'm going to the drug store for tape.

little worried

I'm three weeks po today. Last night I notice what look like to be blood under my tape so I took a little part of the tape off to see what's going on. I put some gauze on it and check on it the next day and I had a little blood or some kind of ooz on it. Is this normal? Is this a start of it opening because I do to much? I'm worried. I bought some poly that I hope will help.
I feel like I'm getting more and more hunched over. Its drivinv me nuts. People look at ms when I go out cause of it.
Tonight I go back to work, I'm gonna be dying at it since I'm on my feet make people food. :(

work

I went back to work on my three week po and omg my back hurt. It felt like it was on fire. I work in f ast food, on my feet. I only work four hours a day and I wanted to die

ek I'm scared

I took my tape off to put a new one on and see how my incision is doing. I found this, what is it? Should I worry? Is this thestart of a opening? :( gonna go see my doc tomorrow

pics

The last post with the incision. It looks fine now, I guess that's what happens when water stays under your tape.. here are four week po pics. I hope swelling goes down to how I look right after surgry.

5 week pics

splitting stitch

6 weeks and a stitch split they call it. Its like a pimp came and pop and stuff came out.... man healing takes forever!!

feeling big

How do u know if you have swelling or not? I feel like more lipo should of been done, the doc said he was going to do a lot :( what are good work outs for your love handels, back and upper legs? I need to start working out.
Dr. John C. Kirkham, MD

You look amazing! Is the price you paid a set price on all tummy tucks done there, or does it go by how much skin the plastic surgeon is taking off? I have a consultation at a teaching hospital in Albany, NY next month, but am just looking at other options in case I don't decide to go with them for my surgery.
I belive its a set price on all tucks. U will do great there!
You look great and love love the tattoos!
$75 at a teaching hospital? What's the name of it?
That's for the consultation. Massachusetts General Hospital
Oh I was gonna say. So your surgery was $5191 at a teaching hospital? You can get that her in fl buy a board cert ps
Reg ps here are $10, 000 sucks.
Yea it does. Your consult should've been free. Especially at teaching hospital.
You look great! Following your progress, my consult is in November at the same place, not sure what doctor I will be seeing, so very nervous and excited. Thanks for the updates!
Awesome! They r super nice!
can you send me the information for the teaching school. i cant find out anything and i live in the area. p message me if you want.
Catherine at 617-726-8554 Is the number brookeh gave me! I couldn't find anything either.
thanks i called and left a voice message for catherine @ mgh to give me a call back.. Seems scary having it done at a teaching hospital. im afraid they would cut too much off! ahhh but idk
I believe you are feeling scared. I had a breast reduction done by mgh plastic surgery chief resident just two months ago. It was through the clinic. I was sceptic befor I went for the initial appointment but everything turned out great. I am extremely happy with the results and the approach I got. Dealt with Catherine as well. Don't forget mgh is one of the best hospitals in the world .
thanks i got them and left a message. They see people only 1 day per week. I will call again on monday. its worth a shot. i mean how bad or wrong could it go???
So you liked MGH teaching students . Was a dr next to them while the surgery was performed? I have lots of questions. Do they cover revisions if they happen I wonder? Any information is great. Such a long window 4 hours for the appointment ugh.
It is not students performing your surgery. This is a common misunderstanding. It is the chief resident, a qualified medical doctor who graduated from medical school and spend the past 5-6 years with mgh. He is assisted by a plastic surgeon that is a part of plastic surgery division at mgh. If you would like we could talk through a private email and I could tell you about all the steps I went while having my surgery.
the chief resident does the surgery every four months it's a different one. Its four hours cause they take pics and then go back to show everyone and discuss your options and what everyone thinks. Its well worth it.
Was wondering that as well
i have a consult august 14.. i dont which doctor either
looking great what a difference in your pictures. it will be so worth it once it is done!
Big difference girl!! That belly is looking flatter and flatter...
Welcome to 5 weeks post surgery! I felt my absolute flattest at week 5. I am now almost 9 MONTHS out :-) Happy healing!!!
any new pictures? just for a comparison?
Pictures of ME? Oh yeah, I have a VERY lengthy Review on here. Just click on my name. I used to update every week, now I do it every 2 weeks or so :)