Change My Life - Massachusetts, MA

I am a 40 year old married mom of 2 kids (12 &...

I am a 40 year old married mom of 2 kids (12 & 8) and have been in remission from Crohn's Disease for almost 3 years now. When I was very sick, my weight went as low as 109. Currently I cannot get the scale lower than 170 lbs on my 5' 5" frame. I believe it is partly due to my less active lifestyle from chronic illness but also the medications I am on. My self-confidence has suffered tremendously to the point that I almost wish I was sick again at times.

I think that I would be able to love this larger curvier me if I didn't have such a flabby middle. My abdominal muscles have separated from pregnancy and I have never had a flat stomach my entire life - this is where fat wants to go on my body. I want to feel good in clothing and sexy when naked. I want to be inspired to be healthy - not just thin.

A tummy tuck appeals to me to accomplish my goals. Cost is a major issue for me as I am unable to work and parent small children at the same time. We are a one income family but I might be able to finance a procedure if it was around $5,000.

I am overwhelmed with emotion after finding this site and seeing the before and after pictures. I cried before writing this part of my profile. This is the just the beginning.
Here's to all of us women struggling to improve yet accept ourselves at the same time!

http://www.thefoxcenter.com/, a Friend of mine made had a few things done, she was very satisfied, will set up and appointment soon but I have an appointment next wee with Dr. IRA Rex from FallRiver. How about you?
I have emailed a couple of surgeons in Hartford which is less than an hour away. Taking it slowly as my husband is not going to be happy about financing a tummy tuck. I have started the chat with him about my split abdominal wall from two big babies carried full term and that gravity isn't being nice to it! We have about 10K in credit card debt that needs to be refi into our mortgage plus his student loans taking forever to consolidate! If I worked outside of the home, it might be easier to ask to spend the $$. Plus 2015 is our 20th Ann and we haven't flown anywhere together since our honeymoon really... I am sure I'd qualify for CareCredit bc we have great credit...but even if we had the $$ he doesn't get why I get my hair highlighted or my brows done...I think he thinks he's being supportive in the "youre fine the way you are!" but he's really not...we have issues but that's another story entirely...
I have not fully decided yet. I think Mexico is a little more money than Domician Republic. I just like some of the before and after pics I have seen from these 3 doctors. I just have to do more research. I'm really starting to check out the incision cut I really want it low and looking at the belly buttons . Some of the boob job by Dr Yoly I'm not crazy about because they just look so round I don't think that looks natural it could be because the shape the girls pick. I'm just starting my journey and trying to fo ad much research.
The incision placement is important. Has anyone heard of getting partial payment from insurance for repairing a split abdominal wall? Are you thinking of a boob job too?
I'm thinking of boob lift and not sure if I would need implants I don't want to lose my size which are D's.
Welcome, being that u have a chronic illness will your dr approve u to have this surgery? I have lupus and I had to come of one of my medicines and get an approval before my ps would consider doing any of my surgeries. Good luck
That's a good question. What med did you have to come off of? I take Humira and that's an immune depressant which increases my chances of infection at all times. It's possible they will want that off for a bit. I see my GI next month...I've been stable so it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for bringing it up tho!
No problem, I was on a low dosage of prednisone. My rheumatologist moved it down to 2.5 for about a month. Then I took it for 10 days but every other day. Today is my last day. YES, but now I have to wait a month to make sure it's outta my system. Which gives me a surgery date for my bbl of 3-1.
Just a little extra...i have to stay off the prednisone while I'm recovering but my rheumatologist wanted to take me off it anyway. So I have my fingers crossed that all goes well. if you decide to go out of the country make sure your ps can handle any type of emergencies that could occur with your health condition. This is why I'm staying local and breaking up my surgeries. My lupus was caught as soon as it surfaced so I'm lucky to never experience anything major. This year will be 4 years for me.
Oh I totally understand the need to stay local for surgery. I will do the same...how are you breaking things up? I used to be on Pred continuously but only needed it a couple of times for a short course. For me it was a lucky break when my doc put me on Suboxone to get me off narcotics- all my symptoms went away. Even my migraines!!! May I ask how you are financing it?
That's real good :), I sent u a message to your inbox.
I'm still looking too and waiting for the money tree to get ripe!! I am interest in Dr Yily and Dr Robles in the Domician Republic and Dr Pantoja in Mexico.
Oooo-tell me how you decided to do Mexico-is it cheaper?
Hi, I just joined myself, I'm from RI, still haven figure out where and who I will see, have you looked?
Hi-I am looking in CT right now. More affluence = plastic surgeons!! Haven't spoke to anyone yet. I am looking at cost too-I'd like to keep it around 5K... My big thing is convincing my husband that its worth the money... What about you?