Change My Life - Massachusetts, MA

I am a 40 year old married mom of 2 kids (12 &...

I am a 40 year old married mom of 2 kids (12 & 8) and have been in remission from Crohn's Disease for almost 3 years now. When I was very sick, my weight went as low as 109. Currently I cannot get the scale lower than 170 lbs on my 5' 5" frame. I believe it is partly due to my less active lifestyle from chronic illness but also the medications I am on. My self-confidence has suffered tremendously to the point that I almost wish I was sick again at times.

I think that I would be able to love this larger curvier me if I didn't have such a flabby middle. My abdominal muscles have separated from pregnancy and I have never had a flat stomach my entire life - this is where fat wants to go on my body. I want to feel good in clothing and sexy when naked. I want to be inspired to be healthy - not just thin.

A tummy tuck appeals to me to accomplish my goals. Cost is a major issue for me as I am unable to work and parent small children at the same time. We are a one income family but I might be able to finance a procedure if it was around $5,000.

I am overwhelmed with emotion after finding this site and seeing the before and after pictures. I cried before writing this part of my profile. This is the just the beginning.
Here's to all of us women struggling to improve yet accept ourselves at the same time!