Smart Lipo- Inner/outer Thighs and Knees

I just had smart lipo done on April 16th for...

I just had smart lipo done on April 16th for inner/outer thighs and my knees. I' 5'6" and weigh 133lbs. I work in the fitness industry so I'm pretty active. My surgery was to get rid of what exercise could not do no matter how hard I tried.

For anyone who has a low tolerance for pain please make sure your Dr. gives you extra pain meds for the procedure. My doc assured me I would be almost asleep by the time I got to the room but 1 oxy and another medication that was supposed to make me sleepy didn't do a thing. I had told them before hand I was very nervous and they kept assuring me I would feel nothing. When it was time to go in the room I told them I felt totally fine, not sleepy or numb... nothing. That's when I got the shots. UGGGH! First come all the shots to "numb" you. (which apparently didn't do too much for me) then the big needle comes with the solution.

It was pure torture. I was in tears the whole time. I could feel the sharp ends of whatever it was poking past the parts of me that was numb. I kept asking for more and more shots to get numb. This hands down was the worst experience of my life. I do not think I have EVER been in so much pain before. I do not understand why there isn't an option to be asleep for it. Others say they feel no pain during the surgery....I really wish I was one of them.

Afer the surgery was over I was fine. Recovery has been easy so far and I've been up and around with no problems. The pain after the 2nd day really isn't so bad. I think the worst part is the first time you have to shower and put the garment back on. That's an experience. After that it gets easier every time.

As far as the results, I haven't seen any as of yet. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm really confused/concerned. The more I read online the more confused I get. Some places I read say you will see results right away and others say it takes a few months. I've seen nothing. I don't get how I see NOTHING. I look at everyone's pics and there are differences within a few days.

I know it's only been a few days but I'm hoping someone else will know. I see a lot of people who have this done on their stomach area but not so much on lower body.

I don't go back to the dr. for a follow up till Friday so any advice till then would be helpful.

Thanks

UPDATE - It's been almost 2 months now and there...

UPDATE - It's been almost 2 months now and there are definitely changes now. I guess it's true, it does take a few months. I can tell that I still really need more skin tightening in my outer thighs so I am expecting even more of a change in months to come. So far I am pretty happy with the results, I am just very impatient. I do hope there is more of a change in the front view, I'm not happy with that yet. I will post more pics as I make more progress.

Dr. Edwin Ishoo

Everyone at the facility has been great. I'm sure I just had a bad experience with the pain.

My doctor also removed 2,500cc from the inner and outer thighs. I'm 5'5 123lbs and I'm thinking that seems like a lot of fat compared to everyone else. I hope I don't have sagging skin after all the swelling goes down.
I'm wondering if there is more pain with the inner and outer thighs than with flanks. My experience was extremely painful and never want to do it again. Other people say it wasn't that painful and they had the flanks done. I just had my thighs done and I'm still in pain. It's been almost 2 weeks and the back of my legs so bruised I can barely sit down. Has anyone else had this experience after lipo on inner and outer thighs.
I am considering the surgery and am also in the Boston area. I would like to get my abs and flanks done. Could you tell me where you got it done and with which doctor and if you know of others in this area that may have had better experiences.
Hi 5469anon, I just had my inner thighs, outer thighs, knees and a little bit under the outside of my butt cheeks done yesterday. I am 5.1 and 115lbs. and my pain was severe too. (especially the inner thigh) I didn't get sleepy either, and had taken 2 oxycotins and a halcion (they added a 3rd oxy when I complained). I only noticed results immediately after the doctor finished an area. He would stop to let me see if I was happy. Last night was miserable, but today I can finally bend my legs. I still can see some results, but not as much as yesterday. I think that it is swelling and fluids. I can see a small amount of improvement on you if I look close, but it sort of looks like he just smoothed out the little bit of bumps that you had, but did not really reduce your circumference. Hopefully, you will see more results after you heal some more, but I must say that you have nice legs anyway.
Hi 5469anon- I see your profile doesn't accept private messages but I was wondering if you could share your doctor info. I live in the Boston area. I have to say that, personally, I do see some small results in your pics. You look a little smoother, sleeker, and that is with swelling. I think you will look even smaller in a few months. It took 2-3 months for all the swelling to go away for me. I think you should be glad that your surgeon was not so aggressive. More people regret their lipo procedures due to the surgeon taking too much rather than too little. It looks like your doc was conservative and careful, but I'd love to see pics in another month and see what your thoughts are at that point. In the meantime, if you would share the name of your doctor, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
I had my procedure done lasy friday on the 23 of Alril not seeing any results, still have a lot of swellness in the upper and lower ab and flank area. I had my follow up today and was suggested to start getting massages,Ive been doning the whole Arnica the gel and pellets. I will like to get my hip and inner thigh area done just got a quote for that today and was asked when do I want to schedule that procedure I told the nusre when I see results from the first. I can relate to the young lady who requested more meds for pain while they had the instrument inserted it felt like my doctor was hitting areas that wasnt numb, he would apologize each time I would ouch. I told my husband beauty is so painful.Just trying to be a lil patient to see some results I was told it could take up to 2 months for the swelling to do down.
I just got my thighs/inner knees done Monday April 26th, and so far I see only a little change but I am still swollen. I was really concerned and called my surgeon's office and they said that I will be swollen for up to 6 weeks, like you I am 5'6'' and about 130 so I didn't have a lot to take out. My doctor's office said that SmartLipo destoys the fat so only about 30% is removed and the rest is absorbed and urinated out over several weeks. So, make sure you are drinking TONS of water (I'm drinking like 80+ ounces a day). Also, I am taking a homeopathic called Traumeel with Arnica in it and I have hardly any noticeable bruising. (Also avoid caffiene, alcohol, and aspirin as they will thin the blood and cause more bruising). It takes 6 months to see full results with skin tightening. I am also starting a detox and the HCG weight loss program to help speed things up. My surgeon (I went to Dr. Eleanore Barone in Tampa, FL, who I really liked) said to start massaging with a pasta roller to help flatten the area as much as possible too, it hurts like hell so I take a pain pill first, but it will help everything smooth out. Keep posting pics, and good luck!!!!
Just wondering if seen any results yet? It's been 5 weeks for me and I still can"t wear the jeans I was wearing before Smart Lipo..... Sure hope there is still alot of swelling. I would never recommend this to anyone, I am now lumpy and uneven in all the areas I had done. For the record I had my stomach and inner and outer thighs done, I also wore the garments 24/7 for the first 4 weeks as suggested and now wear it only at night,drink tons of water, walk everyday stretch and have had 3 lymphatic massages that I was told would help. NOTHING WORKS! I guess at this point I can pray that the 6 month mark will show miraculous results.
After 5 days I'm really not seeing a lot of results, but I did not have much taken out. I really wanted the skin tightening in some areas and only had 600 cc removed, only about 400 of that was fat and I had 5 areas done. I am still really swollen and I think once the swelling goes down I'll see the results I want. I've tried on some pants and see a difference in my flank for sure. My thighs not so much yet. So far, it's still been a good experience it's just the waiting that is no fun. I'm scared about lumpiness. Many posts I've read are all good up to sometimes a month and then all of a sudden get lumpy. I wish there was a predictor for who will get lumpy. I don't feel any lumps at all when I massage the arnica cream into my legs/flank. Maybe that means I won't be...I hope.
I am almost 3 weeks out and still see NO results, I'm with you confused by the comments and pictures of those who say they are getting instant results.
How can there be no results when you have fat sucked out of you?
Because you were not big to start with might be a reason you do not see a big diff. You still have swelling, you should see changes everyday. I am 3 weeks post op this Thursday. I, like you saw little change the first two weeks. Now that getting shape-ware garments, and clothes on is easier I am trying pants on and there is a big diff. Give it some more time. Im sure you will see results. Hope your happy. It was a lot to go through.
You basically look the same, just with bruises. I hope you see better results soon. I am getting my SL July 2nd. My body looks very similar to yours and I really want to see some sort of result immediately, so I know how you feel. Please keep posting updates..I am getting nervous!
Hi! Have you seen any results yet? I just had mine done on Fri. Apr. 23rd. I can tell that some fat has been sucked out but I'm still swollen. Just wondering what a week out from here would be...I hope you're seeing what you wanted.