Smart Lipo- Inner/outer Thighs and Knees

I just had smart lipo done on April 16th for...

I just had smart lipo done on April 16th for inner/outer thighs and my knees. I' 5'6" and weigh 133lbs. I work in the fitness industry so I'm pretty active. My surgery was to get rid of what exercise could not do no matter how hard I tried.

For anyone who has a low tolerance for pain please make sure your Dr. gives you extra pain meds for the procedure. My doc assured me I would be almost asleep by the time I got to the room but 1 oxy and another medication that was supposed to make me sleepy didn't do a thing. I had told them before hand I was very nervous and they kept assuring me I would feel nothing. When it was time to go in the room I told them I felt totally fine, not sleepy or numb... nothing. That's when I got the shots. UGGGH! First come all the shots to "numb" you. (which apparently didn't do too much for me) then the big needle comes with the solution.

It was pure torture. I was in tears the whole time. I could feel the sharp ends of whatever it was poking past the parts of me that was numb. I kept asking for more and more shots to get numb. This hands down was the worst experience of my life. I do not think I have EVER been in so much pain before. I do not understand why there isn't an option to be asleep for it. Others say they feel no pain during the surgery....I really wish I was one of them.

Afer the surgery was over I was fine. Recovery has been easy so far and I've been up and around with no problems. The pain after the 2nd day really isn't so bad. I think the worst part is the first time you have to shower and put the garment back on. That's an experience. After that it gets easier every time.

As far as the results, I haven't seen any as of yet. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm really confused/concerned. The more I read online the more confused I get. Some places I read say you will see results right away and others say it takes a few months. I've seen nothing. I don't get how I see NOTHING. I look at everyone's pics and there are differences within a few days.

I know it's only been a few days but I'm hoping someone else will know. I see a lot of people who have this done on their stomach area but not so much on lower body.

I don't go back to the dr. for a follow up till Friday so any advice till then would be helpful.

Thanks

I am considering the surgery and am also in the Boston area. I would like to get my abs and flanks done. Could you tell me where you got it done and with which doctor and if you know of others in this area that may have had better experiences.
Hi 5469anon, I just had my inner thighs, outer thighs, knees and a little bit under the outside of my butt cheeks done yesterday. I am 5.1 and 115lbs. and my pain was severe too. (especially the inner thigh) I didn't get sleepy either, and had taken 2 oxycotins and a halcion (they added a 3rd oxy when I complained). I only noticed results immediately after the doctor finished an area. He would stop to let me see if I was happy. Last night was miserable, but today I can finally bend my legs. I still can see some results, but not as much as yesterday. I think that it is swelling and fluids. I can see a small amount of improvement on you if I look close, but it sort of looks like he just smoothed out the little bit of bumps that you had, but did not really reduce your circumference. Hopefully, you will see more results after you heal some more, but I must say that you have nice legs anyway.
Hi 5469anon- I see your profile doesn't accept private messages but I was wondering if you could share your doctor info. I live in the Boston area. I have to say that, personally, I do see some small results in your pics. You look a little smoother, sleeker, and that is with swelling. I think you will look even smaller in a few months. It took 2-3 months for all the swelling to go away for me. I think you should be glad that your surgeon was not so aggressive. More people regret their lipo procedures due to the surgeon taking too much rather than too little. It looks like your doc was conservative and careful, but I'd love to see pics in another month and see what your thoughts are at that point. In the meantime, if you would share the name of your doctor, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

UPDATE - It's been almost 2 months now and there...

UPDATE - It's been almost 2 months now and there are definitely changes now. I guess it's true, it does take a few months. I can tell that I still really need more skin tightening in my outer thighs so I am expecting even more of a change in months to come. So far I am pretty happy with the results, I am just very impatient. I do hope there is more of a change in the front view, I'm not happy with that yet. I will post more pics as I make more progress.

My doctor also removed 2,500cc from the inner and outer thighs. I'm 5'5 123lbs and I'm thinking that seems like a lot of fat compared to everyone else. I hope I don't have sagging skin after all the swelling goes down.
I'm wondering if there is more pain with the inner and outer thighs than with flanks. My experience was extremely painful and never want to do it again. Other people say it wasn't that painful and they had the flanks done. I just had my thighs done and I'm still in pain. It's been almost 2 weeks and the back of my legs so bruised I can barely sit down. Has anyone else had this experience after lipo on inner and outer thighs.
Yes. It has been 5 weeks. I can now sit on the toilet w/o cringing in pain but my inner thighs are so painful
Dr. Edwin Ishoo

Everyone at the facility has been great. I'm sure I just had a bad experience with the pain.