Mommy Makeover Sept 7th - Massachusetts

Hi everyone! I can't tell you how happy I am...

Hi everyone! I can't tell you how happy I am to have come upon this site! I am a NERVOUS wreck! I have had 2 c sections and gained weight with each child as they both were over 10 lbs. I have always had large breasts, even as a teen. But once the kids came along, well you know the rest. I am 46 years old and have kept off 43 lbs for 4 years. My breasts feel like 2 grapefriuts in a pair of nylons, and after 2 c sections, appendix removal, and tubal ligation, my stomach is a mess of excess skin & absolutely no muscle tone. I am a 40 DDD now and although I dislike them very much, I am terrified of looking like an overweight man when all is said and done. But my ps assures me that he will start conservative, and make sure I will look in porportion. I figure getting my belly smaller will help in the apperance as well. I am also so scared of the recovery from the surgery. I am a hairstylist and worry about recovery time. But eveyones story here has been so inspirational, I just had to share my fears and am in hopes there maybe someone out there with words of wisdom for my situation?! Thank you all so much who have shared already. Your words are truly inspirational!

Hi all! So the hospital called to get my pre admissions questions in! I'm so nervous, excited, guilty. All these crazy thoughts going through my head. I know it's not good for my recovery for all this worry, but I can't help it. I am 100% confident in my PS as we have been consulting on this for 3 years! He has been so good and patient and is confident that I will be thrilled with the results. It's just the getting there for me that is making me a wreck! I must say, I am loving reading all these stories from you ladies. Thank you!
@ Dee I know anothe Gal cuts hair she took it easy rested well after she started back you will find so many great tips here.
Thank you Mom_me! I am so nervous! The guilt factor is weighing on me huge right now. Daughter in college, recession etc. So I'm having a hard time focusing. I have 2 weeks off right now. More if I need it. I'm a cosmetologist so I can rearrange my schedule. I'm hoping I won't need more than 2 weeks though. I'll start easy once I do return to work as not to overdue it.

Hi all! So the hospital called to get my pre...

Thanks so much for the kind words! Your BF is so right! My hubby is so supportive as well and so are my kids(22&20), but I can't shake these feelings. I am so nervous about how my boobs will look when all this is done. Too small? Not enough taken out? Lifted too much? Do I look like a fat man now? Ugh. Then there are the TT worries! Did he take out enough? Do I have a belly button? Do I look like a fat man now? But I have tried so hard to find similar shapes in the pictures and they all look so beautiful. My head is a whirlwind and only six days to get it together! But for now, I'm just trying to exhale...... Thanks ladies :)
You know what Dee sweetie I was like this yesterday too I was doing the math the money being a single mom of 4 and my BF said to me so politely in a text Ma one time one time you are thinking about your self dont worry you still have years to take care of kids.....I was like I know but I am a doing this alone... He said stop ok you have researched and I personally have looked at so many good and bad boobies and tummies I am goin to hold you accountable! Then after that I thought to my self jst this once in this 15 years(my eldest age) I am 33 now I am going to do this for me ok ok I got this.... lmfao I am sure in 2 weeks I am going to go through it again but its normal hun! That what mommies do!
Ugh. I have been an emotional rollercoaster lately. I feel so badly for my family! I'm hoping that once the surgery is done and I'm in my own home recovering, I'll mentally be feeling so much better and not as confused, worried, guilty, anxious, sick to my stomach, excited....

Hi all, Another question. I am a hairstylist but...

Hi all, Another question. I am a hairstylist but have cleared my schedule for a full 2 weeks. I am concerned about the lifting of my arms for blow drying and cutting. How much discomfort should I expect? Any advice from fellow stylists would be great! Thanks in advance!

Oh thank you all so much! Keep them coming as I have till Wednesday and I am so nervous, yet excited! I think I'm ready. Picked up scripts, family is all ready, clients rescheduled till 2 weeks, I just need to speak with my PS who has been on vaca last week! Hubby says that's good as he will be all refreshed! I am such a wreck, my warped cloudy thoughts are saying, "Um, no, he will be wishing he's back on the beach instead of working hard to make sure my grapefruits in nylons don't end up like man boobs!" Ugh....But thank you for the support and kind words! Please, keep those well wishes and good thoughts coming and I will for sure post how I will be doing! Thanks to you all! :)

We will all be thinking about you tomorrow and sending happy thoughts and hugs your way.

you ready Dee tomorrow is your big day!

Hi all. Well day 3 post op here. Feel really good...

Hi all. Well day 3 post op here. Feel really good except for the sore back from being hunched over. I had to stay an extra day in hospital as my bladder wasn't working. Ugh. My breast look small from this angle, down. LOL But compared to what they looked like before, no wonder. I'm holding off looking in a full length mirror as that is upstairs in my room and I'm on the couch in LR. My hubby and daughter say they look great! so I will take their word for it. Just wanted to check in and say thank you for all the well wishes and kind words. :)

I am glad you are feeling well!4 drains and 2 down yay! So bord lol I have my days all set up with my bf he has 4 game system a bookshelf of movies net flix and a shelf of books and why do I suddenly feel this is not going to entertain me I dunno! lol!
Ok dee how are you today how are you feeling! Taking it easy I hope all is well!
Hi ladies! I posted a comment a few days ago, but don't see it. Of course, I may have been a bit unfocused and not done something right :) 6 days post op and I'm feeling well. Can't stand up straight, and as I have read, back hurts from that now. From large breast back pain, to this. LOL But it's ok. I came home with 4 drains and had 2 removed yesterday! Hopefully the other 2 will come out tomorrow. Pain is minimum. Of course I have my binder on and hospital bra so that is making me feel so much more secure. I am sooo bored! My family is incredible and I have nothing to do but focus on getting better. I truly am so blessed. I'm not sure what size my breasts are as the full length is upstairs and I haven't tackled those yet, but when I look down, they look so good! As hubby and I were driving to dr yesterday, I commented on how I could see my lap when sitting now! Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes!

Well it's been 2 weeks and I finally had my last...

Well it's been 2 weeks and I finally had my last drain out today! I feel like a new woman! Started back to work as a hairstylist Tuesday. Man was I beat. But felt great to be back. Almost standing up straight now. LOVE my binder and don't know what I'll do when I don't need to wear it anymore. It gives me such a sense of security! I can't get it on quick enough once I'm out of the shower. I love my new body. Love not having the overwhelming, large breast weighing on my back. I can sit at a restaurant booth now without having to slide the table over to hubby. Can drive with my arms by my side, stand with good posture, don't wake up with back pain, and can see my lap! LOL EVERYONE is commenting on their disbelief in how fast my recovery seemed as I was back to work in 13 days, and moving around albeit slowly, but freely. I tell them all, and I will tell anyone about to embark on this journey for themselves. It was all due to the incredible support from my family I received. I didn't do a thing but rest for 13 days straight! Yes, I was bored of tv, books, mags, but I know that was the key to my recovery so quick. My biggest worry was shuffling to and from bathroom, and showering. My kids eve set their alarms to take turns waking me for my midnight meds. I know it is not feasible for everyone to have the same situation. But honestly, try to rest and do very minimum to let your body heal! I hope my experiences have helped, as the ones I have read previous to my surgery helped me! Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. If I get brave enough, I will post pictures!

Dee can you tell me who your doc is? i am South Shore Ma and looking around for a doc;.

Hi Ladies! Well almost 2 months post op. Feel...

Hi Ladies! Well almost 2 months post op. Feel great and so glad I did it! I am still amazed when I pass a mirror and don't see the extra "baggage" on me! My breast are PERFECT! I was so worried about them being too small for my frame,but they have settled nicely. And my belly..yay! I love how it all looks natural. Just minus the excess skin! So happy I did it! if I could give any advice, it would be make sure you have a good feeling about your surgeon. Mine wasn't warm fuzzy, but he was great at making me feel confident in him. Also, you need to REST! I can't stress that enough. I was back on my feet as a hairstylist 1e days after my op and felt fine. But I know it was due to the incredible amount of support from my family. The most I had to do for 12 days was shuffle to the bathroom, then back to the couch. It made all the difference in my recovery time for sure! Be well, and good luck on your journeys! :)

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long! I am feeling fantastic and have enjoyed every second of catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I have to say, I still find it odd when I don't see that big belly or droopy breast! Yes, my PS is Dr Jeremy Waldman. He is in Nashua, NH. He is terrific! I hope you all are doing well!
Hi DeeMarie...hope all is well. Could you provide the name of your PS? I am looking for a doctor for a mommy makeover in Massachusetts as well!