My Invisalign Journey - MA

I received my first set of aligners this week, and...

I received my first set of aligners this week, and so far it has been quite the experience. I decided to start invisalign treatment to fix an overjet and crowding on my bottom teeth. The overjet is really my primary concern for getting braces, and the second reason is a discolored bond that I would like to have removed and replaced with a veneer to look more natural. I am in my mid 30s and just decided to get Invisalign because I can finally afford it. :)

Attached is a photo of my teeth in the present state, and how they're projected to look after treatment. You can't see a big difference in the photo but a side by side picture is more telling, which unfortunately, I couldn't get from the doctor.

I have 25 aligners top and bottom, which is expected to be completed in on year. I have attachments on my front four teeth which makes the treatment not so invisible. It's less noticeable when I have the aligners out, but it's not often that I can do that since they have to stay in for 22 hours per day.

On the first day, my two front teeth were very sore. I suppose because they've already started moving into their new position. On the second day, my speech was impacted a lot by the aligners, and my teeth are also very sore when I chew foods. I'm so hungry during the day but I don't want to go through the hassle of removing the aligners.

I am hoping the year goes by quickly! I plan to post an update at every new set of aligners. I am scheduled to receive my 2nd and 3rd set in two weeks. Stay tuned!

Week 1 photos

Here are photos of my teeth with and without the aligners. Attachments can be seen in all photos.

Attachments are annoying

So, my aligners are super difficult to remove. It feels as though I am going to pull out my front left tooth or an attachment is close to falling off. It is definitely keeping me on track with wearing the aligners for 21-22 hours per day because I simply don't want to deal with removing the aligners.

Is this normal, or have I just forgotten how to remove my aligners?

Tray 2

So, I got my 2nd and 3rd set of aligners yesterday! I was so excited to make some progress. My teeth aren't sore like they were with the first, but the aligners don't fit on the top left side. They are a bit lose in the back. Is this normal?

Oh, and the doctor showed me an easier way to remove the aligners which has helped so much!

I will post again when I change into my 3rd set.