Getting Coolsculpting on 5/31 for Lower Abdomen - Massachusetts

I workout and am in a healthy weight range. I am...

I workout and am in a healthy weight range. I am petite-5'0"-and I have always had a "pooch" even though I've never had kids and eat healthily.

Ok! I got it done! :) long story: I had my...

Ok! I got it done! :)

long story:
I had my lower abdomen done in Brookline, MA. The nurse was extremely nice and accommodating. I felt comfortable with her, because she, too, had gotten this done. She first placed a jelly-like pad on my belly. Then placed the "paddle" which looks more like a vacuum attachment on my belly and turned it on quick! Before i knew it, my stomach was in there and I was in shock! It didn't "take my breath away" but I know what people mean, because if you had someone sitting on your stomach, i would imagine it would feel hard to take a deep breath-that's kinda the same feeling-lots of pressure. But obviously you can still breathe.
I found it helpful to talk to her and get my mind off it. It seemed only about 5 mins. had gone by and it was almost back to a "normal feeling".
Never felt any cold.
My main issue during that hour was the rubbing of the corner of the machine on my right pelvic bone. I am very small framed, and bony in that area, (yet still manage to have a pooch-yuck), so she said since I was "narrow", there's no fat covering that area so the rubbing was really bad! I have a little bruise/mark there already. (This is probably the only time in my life I wish i had some extra fat for cushioning purposes :)
So then it was time (YAY!) to take it off-Less pain than i thought. everything's fine..but...Then-IT HAPPENED-some menstrual cramp type burning feeling in my stomach. Lasted about 3-5 mins. She did the "massage" which is more like, petting a dog's back. haha-no actual massaging going on, but Wow did that hurt! I told her to stop because I couldnt handle it, which I'm really mad about-cuz I hope it doesnt affect my outcome, but I was informed it should be fine. If I knew it was going to be such a short time frame of pain, i would have been able to handle it better.
Now that it's over, I haven't had any pain, yet I did later on around 11 PM (got the procedure around 4 PM) feel some little cramps on the right side. Nothing crazy though.
I will update soon!

short story:
The pain is bad (more shocking than actual PAIN) for about the first 2 minutes. the rest isn't too bad, just make sure you're in the right position & comfy for the next hour. The "massage" is VERY painful, feels like bee stings and menstrual cramps all in one. Fun. But mine only lasted about 3-5 minutes. The massaging isn't what hurts, its just the fact that its soooo sore, that a feather falling on it would hurt.

More updates to come! Thanks for reading :)

Day 2: No pain really. i leaned it up against the...

Day 2: No pain really. i leaned it up against the counter when doing makeup in the mirror, and it felt sore at that point. was able to workout fine. Did the treadmill, walked, bike, and arm machines today.
I used Arnicare gel on my stomach. tried Spanx, but they made it seem worse cuz of the waistband on my sore tummy. So i am not wearing those at this point.

8th day: Prob. the worst pain so far. Most...

8th day:
Prob. the worst pain so far. Most annoying when I'm laying down and just waking up. I started wearing a "tummy trimmer" belt to hold me in and it seemed to help! Also, ice helps as well when I'm sleeping. Looks like some results already, but it could just b the fact that the swelling went down

Day 9: using the McDavid waist trimmer pulled...

Day 9:
using the McDavid waist trimmer pulled tight on my stomach and it feels great. Really didnt have any pain except when I was sleeping. I tried to sleep with ice on my belly and also with my knees facing the ceiling, that way i wasnt stretching my stomach and hurting it. But feeling much better, thank God!

Day 13: Been feeling pretty good! Just itchy and...

Day 13: Been feeling pretty good! Just itchy and annoying feelings but nothing bad at all. I can't wait to see results! I feel like I can see some results already. I have been dieting and exercising like always. If I do end up seeing results, I know it will b from this procedure, since I've never seen changes in this area in years of strict diets and exercises.

Day 16: Have been feeling excellent. Already...

Day 16: Have been feeling excellent. Already seeing results!

Everything was great and very professional in that office! Felt right at home!

Primal-i do mostly vegan diet, doing intervals of different diets..i looked up Primal Blueprint, is that something you've had success with?
Are you guys still eating grains ?

Stop the grains and the fat will melt away on it's own (google primal blueprint and/or paleo)...it's counter-intuitive, but it's TRUE.
i checked out ur pics! u look really good! u really had a lot of swelling and bruising! i had a mark on my hip but not much on my actual stomach. I put up some new pics, im still not where i wanna be, but im surprised how much it went down, now that i see the pics back to back.
I've noticed with PMS and factors like salt intake, I can get bloated and it can make you look like you've lost results, so sometimes weight/results fluctuate..i noticed that during PMS w my belly.
and yeah, they weighed me also. i guess they are just doing it to b thorough. LOL @ rockin a kangaroo pouch, ill have to use that one. :) Glad to see you are having good results. and a couple cheat days never killed anyone, lol.
oh and happy belated bday by the way :)
Thanks :-)
Went for my 8 week follow up and I finally posted pictures. I can't find where my captions are but if you go in order I posted 6 pictures. The first 3 are the anterior view pre-procedure, a few hours post-procedure (hence the swelling and bruising) and 8 weeks later. The next 3 are the right oblique view again pre-procedure, a few hours post-procedure and 8 weeks later
That's so cool that it's so flat now! Yeah, I barely told anyone either. No one that I told knew what it was really, I think it's awesome that we got something done that's kinda "futuristic" lol. I think people confused it with liposuction. I agree, I was so scared to get lipo or any other surgery, so I'm glad we found something easier!
I think now that the fat is gone from my belly it's going to other areas of my body. I haven't lost any weight. They gave me the impression I would. Did they tell you that you would? If so, have you lost any?
Really? wow. I heard when you do traditional liposuction, the fat COULD come back only if you gain weight, usually in the triceps or something. I actually would rather it go somewhere else if it had to, as long as it wasnt my stomach again.
when i researched it and talked to the girl at the office,i learned that it wont help you lose weight, but only make that area look smaller. I have lost weight, but ive been doing an extreme diet/exercise regimen. I think there's more about the facts of coolsculpting in the Q & A section on this site..
Yeah you're right. I guess the office I got it done at gave me the impression I would because they weighed me. Fat cells must weigh the same regardless of how big they are. It is nice not to be rockin a kangaroo pooch anymore. My belly was never this flat even when I was at my thinnest. My birthday was this week so I've been a bit indulgent but I will start to behave again. My 8 week follow up is a week from today. Hopefully I will get some pics to post :-)
I know right!! I paid 1200 and that was w a coupon. but u got a great deal though.as soon as my time of the month is over (what fun! lol) i will post another pic.
Lol! Yeah me too. Mines on its way as well. My belly is so flat now it's going to be difficult to tell people I didn't have anything done. The only people that know are my best friend and my boyfreind. I told some people at work because I didn't want any pregnancy rumors going around because I was practically waddling afterwards and everyone at my job has baby fever. The thing is so few people know about CoolSculpting at least near where I live so they think a tummy tuck is the only way to go. Even though I was a big baby during my post procedure recovery phase I would take CoolScultping over surgery any day.
hmm. yeah as long as you see a difference, that's what matters. Yes I'm really looking fwd to the 2 month mark! I seem to have lost a little more of my pooch. yay.. I've been dieting and working out so hard, but that pooch has never moved, so I know it has to have been the work of coolsculpting!! It's hard to show the results in pics tho..so I'll have to wait til it's more drastic. I still cant get over we were having all that discomfort and now we are fine! I'll never take for granted again the fact that I can run without feeling that numb pooch jiggling. lol! are you completely better? I would imagine having both areas would bring more pain! I don't think I couldve dealt with 2 at once. u go girl! lol
LOL! Thanks :-) Yeah I tend to never do anything gradually. My doctor had a get 3 areas for the price of 2 going on as well so I saved some money. I took pics a few hours after my procedure and finally got around to looking at them yesterday and I could not believe how swollen and bruised I was. My pooch wouldn't move either that's why I got this as well. It feels great to be able to work out again with no restrictions. I went to the beach yesterday.It was the first time since I got this done (I know, I live in FL and I never go to the beach :-P) and I felt so much more confident. I wore a dress the day before that which was snug in the midsection and did not feel self conscious. I feel it's the best money I've ever spent and that there's more to go is even better. Those reading my posts must think I'm a different person
yeah, it's amazing to look at our before pics, isn't it? LOL @ not going to the beach, i know what u mean, i lived in California for 5 years and never went once I dont think. but that's awesome that you felt so confident! I have been feeling like I can wear more styles that i'd normally stay away from. it's a great feeling! I'm glad you changed your mind now that you've seen more results. i was starting to get worried..lol..i wasnt too happy either at first. Oh and i just saw that a girl posted on this board and she only paid $750 for the lower abs in an office that I almost went to near me. hopefully i wont need a 2cd-but if i do im so going there!
$750! WOW! I'm embarassed I paid so much now but around me $1,500 per section was the ballpark and I even got a 3 for the price of 2 deal :-P
We went away a lot last summer so we decided to take it easy this year. "Facebook poses" lol. I have my 4 week follow up appointment today with my doctor so hopefully they'll say "Oh wow! And it's going to get even flatter!". It still is a little bit numb in the lower region and it pooches when I sit mores than I care to admit so hopefully they'll tell me that will go away with time. I'm sure you will see more results too. I don't even think you're a candidate for a tummy tuck!
thats good u went out a lot last summer :) Did it start pooching b4 the procedure or after?
it seems like it's going soo slow its driving me nuts. lol! ill give it a few more weeks until i take some more pics. Did they tell u anything good at the office? and thanks so much for the tummy tuck comment. :) I will definitely get another round of Coolsculpting if I don't get my desired results, and hopefully I can say R.I.P. to my pooch once and for all, haha :)
I had a small pooch before the procedure but afterward it was ridiculous. I feel it gets smaller every day little by little. The appointment went well. It took longer to get there than my actual appointment. They measured me and said I lost 1/4 of an inch off my upper abdomen. My lower abdomen is where I’m seeing the most results. My next appointment is July 27th and that is when they will take pictures and weigh me and I will post those. I don't do the self portrait thing too well either. The ironic part is the flatter my belly looks, the wider my hips look. Guess I'll just turn to the side a lot. LOL!
sounds like you have good results so far,did they measure your lower ab loss as well? July 27th will b almost 2 mos. for us! Yay! hope we lose more by then.
LOL! i feel you. hey at least we have the hourglass shape thing going :)
She measured my lower abs but she didn't say anything about it being smaller. I do see a difference though. It's also nice to know it's still a work in progress. How are you doing?
lol! thats the good thing about living in a hot climate :) I'm hoping by mid-July i will see more results cuz I'm going on vacation at that time! If the 2 months are up and I don't see a significant difference, i may get a second treatment. and that's only if i can find a special deal or Groupon somewhere! I cant shell out those bucks anymore haha
I hear ya girl. It was either get this treatment or go away this summer :-P
aw. at least u live in a place w great weather! dont have to go too far. :) so far ive gotten a little flatter on my abs i think! i need to get someone to take more pics of me! tired of the "facebook poses" lol. i really hope more comes off. I do not wanna go the tummy tuck route!!
You look great! I want to see if my doctor will give me the before/after shots she takes at the office so I can post those. I took a pic of my belly the first day after the procedure and it was bruised and I looked pregnant. Maybe I'll post that one once I see my full results :-P