Excited but Nervous... - Maryville, IL

Ok so I will start out by saying I am excited and...

Ok so I will start out by saying I am excited and nervous, ha just like my title says..I'm 30 years old but feel like I look 50 ( no offense to any of you 50 year olds,because some of you have rocking bods I just dont want to be there any earlier than I need to be) with that said, I have had a few challenges along the way trying to decide if I could emotionally and financially do thes procedures. It seems like alot of things keep getting in the way which really makes me consider the question, does the risk outweigh the reward?

I had my one and only hild at the age of 17 and gained 60 lbs on a 100 lb frame, stretch mark city!!! Over the years I have fluctuated weight wise and now am where I was weight wise before I gave birth..14years later(better late than never I guess) however about 11 years ago I had to have a spinal fusion to correct scoliosis..way to start off surgery wise, but could be beneficial becaus every surgery since then has seemed like a breeze so I am hoping this one is too..now this surgery left me with about a 10 inch incision downmy left side(Ill attach pics later) and this presented a potential probem doing the tummy tuck.UGH Freaking really? The scar could potentionally interfere with blood vessels when the stomach skin is stretched and pulled.

My surgeon wanted to consult another surgeon to check wether it would be safe to do..at this point I left feeling terrible,feeling like I had gotten my hopes up..because for me if something can go wrong it will. So I had a consultation set up to do his 3d imaging for the breast aug and was extremely anxious to go in and thought I would be told then that I could not do the TT aswell, much to my surprise he rexamined the scar and said Id be perfectly fine..I was sooooooo excited, but then came the next set back, he checks my stomach,pushing pokng and even sticks his finger in my bellybutton and I'm like whoaaa since we are going to second base here an I atleast get a discount? I def hernia and 75 percent chance of second hernia...really? freakin really again?? so i came to this consult with hopes of getting a new set of boobs but also got a set of hernias to compliment them..yay me!

Now Thusday I have to go in for a ct scan to check for the hernias and any other unknowns, and I told my dr 'should you find anything else in there,if it isnt gonna kill me I dont want to know about it"but I am fully expecting the worse,but hoping for the best...now my third issue..I was a dumb teen, and got a tattoo on my left breast of a huge dumb flower (who does that? o right me) anywho I lasered the crap out of that thing and ended up with a faded tattoo, had to be surgically removed..DR D did this and I had to go in for sessions to cut it off, now I am left with a scar on my left breast which is far better than the stupid flower but guess what,it gave me a breast lift..so now I have a flat right boob that sits lower than the left..yep I'm a mess..but atleast youd understand when you see the before and after pics. They will be alittle off symetric wise after unless I wanted to do a small lift to the right but I feel like its something I can live with..afterall Im not making my money with my boobs so perfection isnt so important, I just want to not have to buy my swimsuit top in the kids section anymore. I've prepared myself for this to be a journey of ups and downs and probably question wtf did I do this to myself but fulling knowing in my head it will be worth it..and have also preapologized to my husband for my behavior a few days after following the surgery..( tend to be a jerk when in pain) anyways will do a follow up post Thursday after the ct scan and I enjoy reading everyone elses posts aswell..Good luck to everyone else who have upcoming surgeries and congrats to you that have made it and thank you for sharing your exp!

Ugh i had pics with the first par dunno what...

Ugh i had pics with the first par dunno what happened to them

Boobs are done

Haven't been here in awhile... Seemed as though nothing was working out my way, originally was going to do a mommy makeover until 2 hernias derailed that ordeal and set me back months because of 2 sep surgeons having to coordinate and then I had quit my job of 3 years then even though I had the money was afraid to us it but i had vacation to Fl coming up and they wanted to wait until I got, anyways i called the GS a few times and let messages with no response so i decided screw it, ill just do the augmentation right now because i dont know if id even have enough healing time for both...and then get this a freaking lump is found in my boob, so off to get a mammogram and ultrasound which determines it was just a cyst so yay I can still do the surgery..so fast forward from the 10th to the 15th... At the hospital checked in and waiting, iv in finally get something from anesthesiology to relax me get wheeled back in and next thing i know woke up feeling lime a fat sumo ghost was sitting on my chest..i literally then was second guessing my decision. I thought by getting home id lay down and rest,,,, ugh ya not an option if u ever want to get back up. My dr had to call me in an anti nausea med because i felt lime i had to vomit everytime i moved...yes ive cried and said omg why did i do this..then id think remember the unnatural lift to one side from the scar from the tattoo removal and how saggy and little it made the right breast, anywas mine went under the muscle and the extreme amount of pain i have been in i couldnt imagine having done the breast and tummy tuck... I wont even do the tummy tuck now, will post pics when i can see them... Off the land of minimal slumber via lunesta, and setting up sleeping is jot very optimal, just hoping the results is worth the pain

3 days post op boobs only

3 days post op and only on breasts only due to the hernias i couldn't seem to get the surgeons coordinated.. I finally got some sleep last night which was HEAVEN, i feel a TON better today.. If u notice on preop pics my left breast is alot higher up do to a large scar on my breat, it had actually gave me a breast lift on that side so in order to try to even them put i decided to go saline so they could be adjusted while the dr was in there... I have 210ccs on the left and 240 on the right therefore the right is still more painful and sore but i have no bruising and swelling seems minimal.. Very happy with my results so far and spent $5295
Ryan Diederich

Hey...how'd your appointment w/ the general surgeon go yesterday? Hope you got some good news!
Was a bummer, my surgery was scheduled for the 22nd which woulda gave me 5 1/2 weeks recovery before vacation to FL, i was so excited to get a new swimsuit and now the GS sas yesterday itd probably be a few weeks before they could cooridinate together which then leaves me no time for reciery prior to going to FL so then he say should probably just wait until after ur vacation.. Well thatd be like June 12th so then sit around waiting another month and a half... Just getting annoyed with the whole thing and may not even do anything now:(
oh no!! Im so sorry to hear that, what a bummer. I know its hard having to wait another month, but I don't think you should lose all hope and not get it done. If you've waited this long, another month isn't going to be that bad. I know it's frustrating thinking your going to get it done sooner, but its better to wait than to not do it at all. I've had this planned since December and this last month has been rough w/ the anxiety to get it over w/ already and im sure I would lose it if something were to happen that would make me post-pone it but I wouldn't give up. This is way to important. Hang in there, enjoy your vacation and when you get back, you can have your surgery done with out the added stress of being able to recover on time for a trip. I have a cruise planned exactly 6 wks from my surgery date and its actually one of the most stressful factors. Will I be able to recover in time? We'll I still be super swollen? Will I actually be able to do physical activities? Best of luck in all of this!!!
Thing is i am currently also looking for diff employment because I quit my job a few weeks ago, my previous employer was corrupt as hell..I figured Id be able to find something quickly but wanted to do my surgery, go on vacation hen get back to the job hun but the delays puts everything off... I cant start a new job and then tell them o yea by the way I need a few weeks off to have osmetic surgery so that why I prefer to have had it done when it was supposed to be..least I get to see how yours goes!
btw its my keyboard thats so retarded, haha..
Hi there...Any new news? I've been thinking about you and if you've had to reschedule or if youll have enough time to see the surgeon on the 17th and still have your surgery on the 22? Hope everything is going ok.
No :( they said id have to see the general surgeon first then reschedule.. I am so disappointed because we have vacation planned for june to fl an i was hoping to get a new swimsuit for the first time... Really bummed
Sorry to hear. I know it's easier said than done, but try to stay positive and don't lose hope. Hopefully u can still get scheduled for April and be good by June. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)
Urs is comin up so soon so atleast i get to see how it all goes for u
yea, only 20 days to go!!!...eek. Im super excited but naturally, im also very nervous.
Yea mine should have been 16 days:(
Hi there...did you finally get your results? Hope everything is still on track.
Yea i got them and its been a crazy week.. So I did the ct scan on Thursday afternoon...monday i was in the ER with a severe reaction to the ct dye and have been on steriods and benadryl ever since.. Dr says its a double herbia.. Fatty umbilical hernia and inguinal hernia but the general surgeon cant see me till april 17th my surgery is supposed to be april 22nd so now they may have to push my surgery date which i cant do because june first we are supposed to leave for FL.. What a mess ill add pics of the reaction to the ct dye it was crazy
oh no...so sorry to hear. What a mess. And there is no other surgeon that can see you sooner than the 17th?
not one that will be able to do the surgery the same day as the PS:(
saw the pics, looks painful :( Well ill keep my fingers crossed for you that everything will got worked out in time to keep your surgery date. Are you going to FL for vacation or are you moving? Where in FL, I live in Miami.
We were coming june 2-9th for vacation just be a bummer if inhave to put off surgery till after then, was really hoping to get a new swimsuit for down there..going to call the general surgeons office and see if theres anythig they can do to get me in sooner! Itll be our first time to FL
That would be such a bummer :( I have a cruise planned for June 8th and im so looking forward to be able to wear a two piece even if I'm still a little swollen. I hope u can get everything worked out!!
o ya and btw in my 3rd pic it looks like im emaciated..totally not..its the side where my spinal fusion was performed and the part that looks concaved on my ribs is where one was removed for use of the fusion process..and you can faintly see the scar they were o so concerned with...I just hope the PS is as handy with scars as my back dr was because its one thin line that has faded greatly over years
Good luck with the CT scan. They did an ultrasound to look at mine. Talk about painful! Hope it all works out :)
Well I had the ct scan done Thursday but did not hear anything from the dr so I am assuming Monday I will get results...Is anyone doing anything physically to pepare fo surgery? My main thing is no green tea for weeks before surgery..did you know it could cause you to bleed heavily during surgery...garlic,green tea,ginko, chamolmile and a few other things..I drin the trent starbucks grren tea and chamomile like its hitting the road like Twinkies..I was really surprised..so all water regimen fo a few weeks, yougurt,puddings and extremely low sodium type of carb i guess
O and im actually 31 lmao.. Ugh 30th bday was a terrible day and then the year following 31st had been crappy so i guess subconsciously im just going backwards.. Ha maybe the MM will take the body back to 20s
Good luck on your ct scan today...Hope everything works out for you! You definitely deserve to feel and look great. Also, we can be surgery buddies, we'll only be 3 days apart. :)
Yay sounds like a plan to me..:)

Thank you for starting your story! I laughed out loud when you described your flower tattoo and pre-apologizing to your husband. A MM is no joke for sure, but most ladies are thrilled with their results and I hope you are, too. Please keep us posted.

You might want to check out this post by Blonde in Bluffton about her first three days post op. Hopefully it'll give you an idea what to expect.