2 Weeks Post Op After a Tummy Tuck - Maryland

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for about 5 years...

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for about 5 years (when I had my last child). It wasnt a hard decision, but I just didn't have the money.

I had my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago and am SSSOOO happy I did. I'm still a little sore, but overall I feel great.

I had my tubes pulled out a few days ago, it hurt for seconds and then I felt 100% better. I'm starting to stand up straight again, and feel I can get around alot better. I had quit smoking a month before surgery,(great motivator to quit)and my healing is going very well. I can wait untill I can exercise again, and get back to my routine.

The only con I had was having to depend on family and friends to help me constantly for the first few days. I could get up and walk but I have 3 children, laundry, pets, etc. and I couldnt do anything. Once I started feeling better I felt much more confident in my decision in getting the tummy tuck.. I would do it all over again. I cant wait to see how it looks when the swelling goes down.

Im still extremely happy i did this. I looked at...

Im still extremely happy i did this. I looked at my before pics today for the first time in months and i would definetely do it all over again! I feel so much better about myself and i say if your not happy with your body, DO IT. :)

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

He was excellent, very professional, and had over 12 years of experience. He took his time to answer my questions, and after my surgery I called with a few questions and they made time for me to come in and talk to the doctor that day. He did a fantastic job, and everythings so far has gone as he said it would.

You look fabulous!! I hope at 7 months I look as good as you! I am 2 weeks post op, and so far super happy with it! Best personal decision I've made! I also have 3 kids, and my husband is active duty, so I completely understand what you mean about the help! It feels weird having other people do everything for me. Can't wait till I am past that phase, but of course, patience is a virtue here right?? The only soreness I have is inside where the tubes were, my second one just came out yesterday.
I saw the post from SAT after my original poet, and wanted to say something real quick. I had a similar body shape as the before pics shown above as well, but mine the skin was very loose and wrinkly, from stretch marks, as you mentioned, SAT. When I was really thin(125), it all just caved in on itself, it was horrible. I wondered the same thing. They can take most everything from the pubic bone to the belly button, doing a full tuck. I only have like... 2 .. Stretch marks left, and those are the ones that were abve my belly button, and are now at the scar line. Hope this helps!
I had horrible stretch marks before but most of them were removed. I still have some but they are more like indents and are not bright. I wieghed about the sae pre and post op. I didn't have lipo and was at about 140 lbs. I think you will be ok by christmas just no heavy lifting and you won want to walk around tooo much. It's good to get up and going but be careful not to overdo it. And as for the pain, I had two c section, and it may have seemed a little more painful to me. I thought it would be equal or less because the surgery didn't cut through muscle as the csection, but because my surgery included having my abs sewn back together (which is probably the same for everyone) it was very sore alll around. I just made sure I had my meds on time everytime and tried to get moving as often as I could. Hope that was helpful.. And I don't mind the questions.. I had a a ton before hand too..
Thanks for the quick reply, just got registered so barely learning how to use the site;) I did get to see the pic of you 7 months after surgery until now and I have to say wow!!! You look amazing!!!

Sorry not to be obsessive but I have had a horrible overhang of skin the past 7 years and didn't ever think any surgery could do anything for me. My stomach now is pretty similar to the way yours was before except for my whole belly is stretch marks;(

My husband will be the one caring for me but I have small children under 3. If I have the surgery on the 13th of Dec do you think I will be ok by Christmas? I have had a c-section is the pain similar to a c-section? If you don't mind me asking how much did you weigh pre-op and post op? Did you have any stretch marks and if so were they removed after surgery?....Sorry for all the questions...im just really curious;)Hope you don't mind.
I left your reply below..i wrote it on my phone and didnt hit reply just left a new message...

You look really good!!!  I don't think you need any lipo :)
Thanks so much :)
hi, I have a ? for u, did u have lipo too or just the TT?U look great, I'm having my soon : )
No i didn't get the lipo... kinda wish i would have on the sides, even though its not really noticable, i have the "flanks" lol Thanks :)
How u feeling now?
you look geat and will even be looking greater when your swelling settles. Congrats and good luck with the rest of you healing keep me posted and please give me up to date pictures i would love to see them.
I am planning on having my tt, in April. Very scared the incision line is my concern, honestly it makes me not want to do it. I have rock haard abs under the skin (sag sack), it needs to be done. I am pretty good at bouncing right back after surgeries, still worried about how long down time.
Sosweet, Do you have more post tummy tuck photos? How is your recovery going? Are you happy with where your at now?
sorry havent been on in a while :) I have more pics just have to remember how to upload them lol
Hi. I live in maryland and I found dr. Ehrmantrout online. I want to get a tummy tuck soon, and your review is the only one I've found. You look great! I'd like to see a more recent photo after your swelling went down though. Your review was very helpful and I will make a consultation with this doctor! Thank you for your time :)
I want to have a TT in the summer so I am getting my body in shape for it.Your TT looks fabulous and I know it will rock your world when all the swelling is gone!!!! Go Girl
congrats! it looks awesome. I too cannot wait for the swelling to go down.
I guess I found my TT partner. I also had my TT two weeks ago tomorrow, 02/03. I am i the exact situation as you, 3 kids and having to ask for help. But other than that I agree w/ everything you said. Once the tubes were out I felt much better!!! I am also still swollen and can't wait to see a flat incision. Can't wait to see your update pics!!!!
Even with the swelling you look great!!! I hope I will be as happy as you are with your results!!
I am so excited for you. You look great. The swelling will continue to get better over the next 2 1/2 months so hang in there.
You look really good. Congrats!!! I have my TT in early February, and I look forward to getting rid of my 2nd trimester pregnancy belly.