2 Weeks Post Op After a Tummy Tuck - Maryland

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for about 5 years...

I have been wanting a tummy tuck for about 5 years (when I had my last child). It wasnt a hard decision, but I just didn't have the money.

I had my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago and am SSSOOO happy I did. I'm still a little sore, but overall I feel great.

I had my tubes pulled out a few days ago, it hurt for seconds and then I felt 100% better. I'm starting to stand up straight again, and feel I can get around alot better. I had quit smoking a month before surgery,(great motivator to quit)and my healing is going very well. I can wait untill I can exercise again, and get back to my routine.

The only con I had was having to depend on family and friends to help me constantly for the first few days. I could get up and walk but I have 3 children, laundry, pets, etc. and I couldnt do anything. Once I started feeling better I felt much more confident in my decision in getting the tummy tuck.. I would do it all over again. I cant wait to see how it looks when the swelling goes down.

hi, I have a ? for u, did u have lipo too or just the TT?U look great, I'm having my soon : )
How u feeling now?
you look geat and will even be looking greater when your swelling settles. Congrats and good luck with the rest of you healing keep me posted and please give me up to date pictures i would love to see them.

Im still extremely happy i did this. I looked at...

Im still extremely happy i did this. I looked at my before pics today for the first time in months and i would definetely do it all over again! I feel so much better about myself and i say if your not happy with your body, DO IT. :)

You look fabulous!! I hope at 7 months I look as good as you! I am 2 weeks post op, and so far super happy with it! Best personal decision I've made! I also have 3 kids, and my husband is active duty, so I completely understand what you mean about the help! It feels weird having other people do everything for me. Can't wait till I am past that phase, but of course, patience is a virtue here right?? The only soreness I have is inside where the tubes were, my second one just came out yesterday.
I saw the post from SAT after my original poet, and wanted to say something real quick. I had a similar body shape as the before pics shown above as well, but mine the skin was very loose and wrinkly, from stretch marks, as you mentioned, SAT. When I was really thin(125), it all just caved in on itself, it was horrible. I wondered the same thing. They can take most everything from the pubic bone to the belly button, doing a full tuck. I only have like... 2 .. Stretch marks left, and those are the ones that were abve my belly button, and are now at the scar line. Hope this helps!
I had horrible stretch marks before but most of them were removed. I still have some but they are more like indents and are not bright. I wieghed about the sae pre and post op. I didn't have lipo and was at about 140 lbs. I think you will be ok by christmas just no heavy lifting and you won want to walk around tooo much. It's good to get up and going but be careful not to overdo it. And as for the pain, I had two c section, and it may have seemed a little more painful to me. I thought it would be equal or less because the surgery didn't cut through muscle as the csection, but because my surgery included having my abs sewn back together (which is probably the same for everyone) it was very sore alll around. I just made sure I had my meds on time everytime and tried to get moving as often as I could. Hope that was helpful.. And I don't mind the questions.. I had a a ton before hand too..
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

He was excellent, very professional, and had over 12 years of experience. He took his time to answer my questions, and after my surgery I called with a few questions and they made time for me to come in and talk to the doctor that day. He did a fantastic job, and everythings so far has gone as he said it would.