Ready to Make the Leap - Anne Arundel County, MD

I am a 26 year old cheer coach. I have always...

I am a 26 year old cheer coach. I have always thought I was a pretty girl, but I don't like my nose much. Well meaning as he was my dad use to tease me about how wide it was when I was a kid, and I developed a complex. I have always felt like my nose "messed up" my face. So after two consultations I decided to go through with it. My first consultation was in 2010, but at the time I was a struggling college student that couldn't afford it. After a second consult on 23 Feb 2012 with the same wonderful doctor I made the leap and booked the surgery.

I'm so glad you get to do this for yourself! You're gorgeous, of course, but if you're not happy with that thing right in the middle of your face, then you're not happy. :) Let us know how it goes!

I think you're gorgeous! But I won't tell you not to do it. :) There's no point goin through life being unhappy with our faces.
I think you are very pretty now. If I were you, I'd save myself a lot of money because you don't need a rhinoplasty- you are beautiful.

Surgery is just 7 days away and I'm getting hit...

Surgery is just 7 days away and I'm getting hit with a ton of anxiety. I know for sure I want to go through with it. I go from super excited to super scared every other minute.

You are so pretty! Take your time, research someone who can give you the changes you want. I am guessing you would want subtle changes since you're so pretty already and your nose doesn't seem to be a terrible scenario. But, I know that we all desire changes that are personal to us so definitely Best of luck, keep us posted! Make sure to see a lot of before/after pics. Especially of noses that resemble the changes you want! Good Luck :)!!
You're stunning! Everyone has that something that really bothers them though. Best of luck on your surgery!

My surgery is tomorrow! I can't sleep. I am very...

My surgery is tomorrow! I can't sleep. I am very excited but also scared. I will keep everyone posted.

Today is the day. Unfortunately my appointment isn't until 2:00pm so I have all day to sit around and think about it. The good part it I have a ton of stuff to do so I can keep busy. Please keep me in your prayers as I under go my rhino today.
Eeh that is the hardest part, the nerves before the surgery! I just had mine last Friday and it's downhill from there! You will do great don't worry :D
Thank you I really needed that. Will post later today.

Hey all. I am exactly 24 hours post op. Sorry I...

Hey all. I am exactly 24 hours post op. Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I was bleeding when I sat straight up. The surgery went well. My experience was great. Dr. Basner took very good care of me. He called this morning to say how well it went. I have a ton of support from my family and friends.

I'm not in any real pain, but I'm very uncomfortable. As to be expected I can't breath at all from my nose. I want to blow so bad, but I know I can't. Luckily Dr. B didn't use any packing because that's what I was most afraid of. I didn't sleep at all last night, but I'm a night owl so I just watched TV. I felt like I had dried blood in throat this morning but I have drank so much water that it's gone.

I'm trying not to even look at my nose but from what I can see the shape is super cute. Even my grandma said so and she's pretty honest. I have a little bruising around my right eye, and I think this may get worse. The swiss therapy mask are awesome and I will be ordering more.

I will post a pic and keep everyone updated.

Wow, it was that fast, good luck w ur healing
Five minutes then they were waking me up
Hello, I came across this I'm having my surgery in two weeks. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I'm 26 and have wanted this for yrs now. Good luck w/ your recovery and its whatever makes you happy!!

Today is day four. Yesterday was the worse. My...

Today is day four. Yesterday was the worse. My face is very swollen. I have ditched the gel packs and Swiss Therapy mask and resorted to ice. The shape looks really cute but I'm really ready to have the cast off. I'm not in pain but I'm extremely uncomfortable. I can somewhat breathe out of my nose by I'm trying not to because when I breathe out of my nose I can feel the stuff inside moving around. I am just ready for this to be over. Tired of feeling bad, but I know it will be worth it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tomorrow is the day. I get my cast off. I can't...

Tomorrow is the day. I get my cast off. I can't wait to see my nose. I am very over having this cast on. It's hard to smile/laugh with the cast on. I'm a bit nervous about getting the stitches out, but at least I don't have packing to worry about. I will post pics tomorrow.

Hi,
How are you doing?
I'm curious to see the results. You looked very pretty before, I'm sure you will look stunning now. Pictures please :) my surgery is on April 2nd I can't wait!
Thank you. I will post pics tomorrow the swelling is still too bad.

Okay folks sorry for the delay. My laptop was not...

Okay folks sorry for the delay. My laptop was not working for a few days. This picture was taken 2 days after the cast came off. Extremely swollen and a bit uneven, but I am happy with the shape. It changes every day and gets cuter and cuter. I will keep pics coming.

Thanks for your nice comments Jlynn. The past couple days have been rough! looking forward to getting over the hard part.
I am not sure how to delete your first comment? Tried but don't know how...ask angiemcc. Sorry
looks great!
I am doing okay. I loved the shape when the cast first came off. Then the swelling hit and it looked funky, but it's getting better and better each day. Thanks for asking.

Okay so my new nose looks great. That is in person...

Okay so my new nose looks great. That is in person. I can't seem to get a good pic. It looks odd in every pic I take which is why I haven't posted anymore pics. Has anyone else had this problem?

Your nose looks great!
does the $6000 include all surgical and anaesthetic fees
Please update with pics I would love to see your results

Almost 2 years

I haven't posted since right after my surgery. It's been almost two years. I'm very happy with my nose. Let me know what u think.

Your nose looks really good!
I think at the end of this you will look fabulous, there's nothing to worry about.you know that African- Americans tend to have prolonged swelling/ bruising due to the thickness of our skin . But honestly with the little I've seen, you doctor is good at what he does.feeling good!
Beautiful
Lutherville Plastic Surgeon

Have not seen my results yet but I'm sure they are great based on the shape I see