New Beginnings......My Journey....2016

I first want to say that I love this site, it is...

I first want to say that I love this site, it is the most honest and real site I have been on. The recommendations and support from the women on here is awesome! Although I am a newbie that is on her journey, I am happy that I've found many who have pave the way for me to achieve my goals.

A little about me, I am 49 years old and I have 2 children (29 and 15) and for years I have been considering getting a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction on my back, thighs and butt. Now that I will be turning 50 soon, I've decided to do me. I've always hated my body and after having 2 babies, I gained weight (189 lbs) and then lost weight (170 lbs) and have maintained more or less at around 170lbs. But ladies, the rolls, oh those rolls is annoying and unattractive, and so I began my quest, and here I am among the land of beauties that I can share this experience with. I have a few doctors that I am looking at right now, but I also read some reviews on doctors in Colombia and would like more information on which doctors and what Recovery House is recommended. Next time, I'll post quotes and comments from doctors. Until next time, be well ladies.

An Emotional Rollercoaster Ride

Hello ladies, thank you all for your support and welcoming messages, I appreciate each and everyone of you. So, ladies, I had no idea that this process would be so emotional and throws you in the depth of indecision. I've finally have some quotes, keep in mind I only want (for now), a tummy with with liposuction done on waist and hips. Here is the list;
Dr. Alvarenga, Costa Rica
-Tummy tuck
- Liposuction to the back, thighs (inner/outer) and buttocks.
- Buttocks
Price: $8400.
Recovery House: $85 per night for 8 days stay.
Dr. Pantoja, Mexico
The quote we can provide to you for tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction in your back and thighs is $5,000dlls. Once you make a surgery appointment we will require a $500dlls. deposit in order to hold and secure your date. The deposit is non-refundable but you can always re-schedule in case of an emergency. Drains and stitches will be removed within 2-3 weeks after surgery. Recovery time is 4 weeks.
What is included in this cost?
- 2 night-stay in the clinic with 24 hour nurse care/aid
- Your own recovery room equipped with Patient's bed, armchair/lazy-boy, Wi-Fi, T.V., phone, bathroom utilities (shower and lavatory).
- Patient's meals are provided (Fruit, Chicken Soup/Broth, etc).
- Dr. Pantoja's, Anesthesiologist's, Hospital, Nurses and Operating Room fees included
- An evaluation and electrocardiogram (EKG) is done before the surgery by the cardiologist
- Lab work required prior to surgery and post op
- 1 Compression Girdle/Garment
- Unlimited post-operative visits
What is not included:
1)Medication you need to take home for your recovery. (i.e. antibiotic, pain, spray to use on tummy tuck scar). This can be bought at any pharmacy in Mexico or be delivered to the clinic. The cost is approx. $150 dollars since this is a two week treatment. NO REFILL NEEDED.
2) Nursing services outside of clinic.
3) Post-op lymphatic massages $30dlls. each.

Dr. Aquino, Dominican Republic
I have seen your pictures and you need a (Tummy tuck + Liposuction+ Fat transfer) this has a cost of US$3800
**This price of surgery does not include: Labwork, cardiac evaluation, girdle, medication post op, recovery house.
**Surgery $3800 (Tummy tuck + Liposuction + Fat transfer)
Cardiac evaluation $ 80
Girdle $ 170
Medication post op $80
*Recovery house $ 90 per day include ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Nurse 24/7, Ac-room, Cable Tv, Wifi)
Pick up and Drop off airport $ 100
Must stay at least 10 to 12 days in the country before you travel.

Ok! Divas,are you exhausted yet? Welcome to the "mad, mad" world of plastic surgery. This is just the beginning, I have more to share and I'll let you all know who suggested I lose weight and who said I'm "bulky" Next time I'll share my final decision on who my doctor is and when the "big day" is. Until next time, be well.

Its been a long time....

Hello Divas,
It has been a year since my last post I had to focus on school and get through classes, but in spite of my busy life journey, I never gave up on planning for my Tummy Tuck. So here it final decision....I've decided on Dr. Australia Baez, Dominican Republic in May 2015. I am currently working on my passport and waiting to hear back from Dr. Baez to send her bank information to make my deposit to lock in my days. I've started taking the following vitamins; Folic Acid and Iron. I currently weigh 179 and is working on losing at least the last 9 pounds to be at 170. I've started running and walking to improve circulation and to lose weight. I am now 50 years old and have decided to do me. I'm having a Tummy Tuck, BBL, Liposuction on waist, flanks and back.

Me. Hate it.

Made My Deposit.....

I made my deposit today! Now I am working on my passport. I am so excited, my new body is only 5 months away. Baez dolls hola!!

Four Months to go.....

Hello Divas, here is the latest update. My surgery date is May 2015 with Dr. Australia Fragoso Baez, for a tummy tuck, liposculture to abdomen, waist, back, flanks, and Brazilian butt lift (including hips). I am seriously thinking about adding liposuction to the thighs for an additional $300 dollars. This is what is included in Dr. Baez's package:

-evaluation by plastic surgeon
-Cardiovascular evaluation
- Laboratory exams
-Overnight stay in the clinic
-First compressive garment
-Free of charge follow ups (transportation not included)
-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)
-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)

Initially I was going to stay at a hotel in the colonial zone because my friend was going with me, but things have changed between us so I will going alone and I've decided to stay at The Dollhouse Recovery House. This recovery house offered everything I am looking for, A Private Suite with....COMPLETE PRIVACY.

The DollHouse Recovery House: (
A beautiful home located in a Gated Community with a guard and no vehicles are allowed into the gated community without the proper authorization. Private Suite - $100 a night (hosts 1 guest with attached modern bathroom with Jacuzzi, stand up shower, walk-in closet and a private balcony).
Personal assistant, 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, full kitchen with a chef, dinning room, lounge areas with TV, cable TV with English channels in your rooms, beautiful views, AC, WiFi, pool, Jacuzzi, laundry services, modern bathrooms, hot running water, filtered drinking water and 24x7 bilingual staff all included in your room rates.

Transportation Services:
We offer Transportation services - $75 (this includes round trip to and from Airport, Pre-op and post-op appointments, Site seeing / Tour services are also available at additional cost.

Reservations & Deposits:
There is a $100 deposit required to guarantee your reservation which will be applied to your total when you arrive at our recovery house. Deposit can be paid via Paypal from our website after you make a reservation. Deposits are non refundable. All payments apart from deposit have to be paid in cash and in US Dollars.

Additional Services:
Massage services are $20 for a 30 minute massage paid directly to the massage therapist.

I have Four months left and started on my iron, folic acid, and B12 vitamins. I am currently working on my Airfare and will be purchasing my ticket soon. Also, I am working on getting my passport next week. Things are moving along nicely, thank God. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I've posted more "me" and Wish pics. Until Next time Divas....Be well.

Hallelujah! Soon to be Baez Doll

Today I purchased my plane ticket and I am so freaking excited. Sometimes I have to stop and exhale because each step towards the "new me" becomes more real and it makes me want to shout at the moutaintop, "Hallelujah!" I am still debating about staying at a recovery, I've read so many mixed reviews. Anyhoo....I am seriously considering one of the hotels or a bread and breakfast
In the area and then hire a nurse. Stay tuned for final decision. Be well dolls and remember "You are a jewel, wear your crown!"

Recovery House Decision......Baez Doll 2015

Hello Divas! Right now I'm working on getting my passport and I've started to shop for the much needed items for my trip. Next update I'll list the items I have collected so far. Also, I've finally made my decision on a recovery house.....I will be staying at the Hotel Villa Colonial. This hotel offers me the privacy I desire for recovery. It is close to everything I will need. My massages will done at the hotel or at Dr. Baez's office. I have arranged for pick-up and drop-off airport transportation through the hotel ($40 per person, one way, $80 roundtrip). Free breakfast is offered every morning and meals are served at the restaurant in the hotel, pool, free Wi-Fi, Laundry service, and many more. For the first few days I will be hiring a private nurse at about $20 to $25 per day. I have reached out to a couple of Nurses and waiting for their response back. I only plan to use one for about 3 days. I must say, all is working out well. For now, I'm being patient and waiting for these four months to go by as quickly as possible. Until next time, be well Divas.

Something to Remember as you take your journey.....

Hello Divas! so far all is well. I'm Thinking positive thoughts and is really excited about my decision....4 Months to go and counting! So, with that said....I will leave you all with something to think about.

The key to succeeding consistently is taking action consistently. The problem with most people is that they only take action when they feel motivated to do so - and that isn't very often. Choosing to remain stuck negatively impacts you emotionally, mentally, spiritually - even financially and physically. Take action toward your goals even when you feel stuck, frustrated or down. That may mean giving yourself an extra "push." Putting yourself in motion - even slow motion - is better than standing still, or worse - losing ground. Once you get moving, you often find the motivation to pick up the pace!

Trust your intuition. Don't wait on the approval or actions of others to determine the path of your life. Spend time with yourself, pray, meditate, and reflect on what's important to you on a regular basis. Intuition is a gift from God that acts as an inner compass to guide us in the right direction, even when there is no physical evidence to support it. Tap into your intuition by becoming tuned in to your "inklings," and listening to the nudges you feel in your spirit. When you trust your intuition, you trust God's ability to lead you in the right direction.

Until next time ...

Helpful Tips and Resources As You Take Your Journey.......Baez Doll 2015

Hello Divas! As I wait for my time to come to be a Baez doll, I've decided to find helpful ways to release any anxiety and worries that I have by researching and educating myself with as much information about traveling to the Dominican Republic. In doing my research, I've also found helpful ways to save money. In the coming months I will share my tips and resources and hope that it will make you all feel better about your decision to embark on your special journey. So, today I will leave you with these helpful tips.

Visitor Information
Dominican Republic One. Dominican Republic One is a "trusted site" of the Secretariat de Turismo. It's written by bilingual staffers at the ministry and delivers the official word on the latest news, travel, and airline information.

Dominican Republic Tourist Office (212/588–1012 in New York City; 888/374–6361 in New York City; 888/358–9594 in Miami. )

Wherever you are, hotel taxis are generally the best option. Carry small bills; drivers rarely have change. Recommendable radio-taxi companies in Santo Domingo are Tecni-Taxi (which also operates in Puerto Plata) and Apolo. You can use taxis to travel to out-of-town destinations at quoted rates. Check with your hotel or the dispatcher at the airport. Dominican Shuttles ( provides safe and reliable service.

Apolo Taxi (809/537–0000; 809/537–1245 for high end cars or SUVs.)
Taxi-Cabarete (809/571–0767 in Cabarete.)
Taxi-Queen Santiago (809/570–0000 in Santiago.)
Taxi-Sosúa (809/571–3097 in Sosúa.)
Tecni-Taxi (809/567–2010 in Santo Domingo; 809/320–7621 in Puerto Plata.)

Banks and Exchange Services
Currency is the Dominican peso (written RD$). You will not need to change money unless you plan to travel independently around the D.R. Banco Popular has many locations throughout the country, with ATMs that accept international cards.

Passport Requirements
All U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport. Additionally, all visitors must have a valid tourist card, which costs US$10 (purchased on arrival at the airport in cash with U.S. currency only).

The departure tax of $20 is almost always included in the price of your airline ticket. The government tax (IBIS) is a whopping 18% and is added to almost everything—bills at restaurants, hotels, sports activities, rental cars, and even many items at the supermarkets, definitely on anything imported.

Never drink tap water in the D.R. (look for a hotel or restaurant that has earned an H for food-service hygiene or that has a Crystal America certification). Don't buy food or even juice from the street vendors. Use mosquito repellent to protect yourself from mosquito-borne illnesses like Dengue fever.

Violent crime is rare. Nevertheless, poverty is everywhere in the D.R., and petty theft, pickpocketing, and purse snatching are an increasing concern, particularly in Santo Domingo. Pay attention, especially when leaving a bank or casino. Take hotel-recommended taxis at night.

Next Update....Money Saving Tips. Until Next time Divas......Be Well!

Baez Doll 2015......Two months left in my journey to a new me!

Hello Queens,
Sorry Divas, I haven't post in a while because I've been really busy with work and school. So, the latest update on my journey to a new me is that I've received my passport, made my reservations for the Dollhouse Recovery House and as far as supplies, I've purchased, 3 pairs of compression socks, stool softener, robes, slipper, night gowns, body wipes, feminine wipes, maxi pads, men's sleeveless t-shirts, and last but not least pain Meds. Although, I have time to pack, I started packing, especially for my overnight stay at the hospital. I am praying for a speedy and healthy recovery and trying my best to make my journey as comfortable as possible.

On my last update I mentioned that I will share some money saving and travel tips to Santo Domingo. Here are some more tips.

Before choosing a specialist , verify credentials. Your plastic surgeon should be graduated from a real school of plastic surgery, should be real member of The Dominican Association of Plastic Surgery ( . You should consider not traveling with children, since you will be required to keep absolute rest and won't be able taking care of them .Consider a person during the post op, to take care of you, to help you to raise and to lie down, to feed you, etc.

Sociedad Dominicana de Cirugía Plástica, Reconstructiva y Estética, Inc. (SODOCIPRE)
Avenida Bolívar No.353, Edificio ELAM’S II, Suite 5-J, 5to. Piso, Gazcue
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, República Dominicana.
Teléfono: (809) 682-5808

Include travel size hand sanitizers when you pack for your trip to Santo Domingo. These will come in very handy when eating on the go during your stay.

There is a difference between wipes, you will need Feminine wipes and body wipes. If you are having a hard time finding both, look in your local stores in the baby section.

Be sure to bring with you to Santo Domingo any and all prescription medications. Pay close attention to airport security regulations for medications, your prescriptions must be contained in their original, clearly labeled containers. It's also a good idea to carry a list of your medications and wear a Medic-Alert for any medical conditions.

Before you start packing your suitcase and making sure that you have your blow dryer, call the bank and let them know you are about to travel. Letting your bank know that you're traveling abroad will keep them from putting a "security" hold on your credit or debit card after they see charges from a different country. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Until next time Divas......BE WELL

Divas....Something Inspirational for YOU......Baez Doll 2015!

“You know truth when you see it. Your spirit knows. Stop doubting and over analyzing. Trust your instincts.”

It is a simple truth, but one we often need to be reminded of. If you’ve ever second guessed yourself only to remember later why you should not second guess yourself, you understand why being reminded of the power of trusting your instincts is so important. I believe our instincts are a divine gift – a sixth sense, the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It isn’t always explainable, but it is always powerful.

This week, I want to remind you to trust your instincts on that decision you are making, that relationship you’re contemplating, or that conversation it’s time to have. Pray about it. Listen, not just with your ears, but with your spirit. And muster the courage to act on it. If you don’t, you’ll likely regret it – just like you have before.

Until Next Time......Trust yourself Divas and Be Well.

Three Weeks Left....Baez Doll 2015

Hello Divas,
I have Three weeks left to be a Baez doll. This weekend I will be packing and making confirmation calls to make sure that the recovery house, transportation, and all that is needed to make this experience successful is in place and ready to go. I will post every step of my experience along the way and hope that it will help you all to feel and see in real time what the experience is like.

Until next time.....I will be updating in real time. For now, food for your soul.

The very definition of faith requires that you "hope for" something. As I coach others, and in my own personal experience, I've noticed how often people downsize their dreams. And many do it for so long, that settling for less becomes a habit. Can you relate? When you stop hoping, you start settling. You begin to settle for a downsized version of your real dream. What have you stopped hoping for, out of fear that you won't get it? In what ways has "settling" crept in and buried a hope for something better?

As life brings disappointments or failures, it can be tempting to stop hoping for some of the things you truly want. If you're not hoping for anything, you don't need faith. "Don't settle!".

One Week Left.....Baez Doll 2015!

Hello Divas,
I am so excited to announce that one week from today I will be in the DR!!!!! Whoop, Whoop!! It's been a long journey with many ups and downs, but by the grace of the all mighty, I was able to stay focus and reach my destination. I have checked and re-checked every detail, and pray that all persons involved in my journey are sympathetic, are honest and have the integrity to help and make each and every part of my journey special and memorable. Stay tuned for updates.

In the meantime.....Food for your Soul.
A real sign of growing up spiritually and emotionally occurs when you stop making decisions based on everyone else's expectations. You end unhealthy relationships, take a leap of faith towards a new career path, or speak up for what is right. Some decisions in life are tough. Some conversations are uncomfortable. Some choices will not be popular. And yet, there are moments when you are called to go against popular opinion and stand apart from the crowd. When you lay your head down at night, there is no better feeling than being at peace with God. If you must compromise that peace in order to please others, you've compromised everything. Don't do it.

Be well Divas.

Let The Church Say AMEN! I Leave Tonight......Baez Doll 2015

Hallelujah!!! and Amen!! Jumping Hoops! Dancing with the hoola Hoop!! I have finally arrived to the end of the road and the beginning of a new and exciting ME. My flight leaves early in the morning and as soon as I arrive at the airport, I will be going to the lab and my consult with my doctor will be Monday morning. "Waiting to Exhale" and praying for a healthy and quick recovery.

I will update as soon as I can. Thank you all for your prayers and awesome thoughts.

Thank you all for your great wishes and awesome prayers, I greatly appreciate your support and thoughts. However, I did not get my surgery done. Upon my arrival in Santo Domingo, I had some experiences with the recovery house, and my consultation with the doctor was not a happy experience, and with all of the series of events happening, I quickly and happily made a beeline exit back to the United State with no regrets. I do not care to share these experiences publicly, but if you would like to know what happened, please inbox me. So, back to the drawing board and planning to return to Santo Domingo with a different plan in 2016.

Because I am not sure if the people I encountered in Santo Domingo are reading these blogs, I will be deleting my profile in a few days and starting a new one. Starting fresh and carrying no bad karma with me. Thanks again for your support. I wish you all well.

Gratefully Educated.....and on To New Beginnings 2016

First, I want to thank you all for your support and encouragements on my long and awaited journey to a New Me. It meant alot to me. Now that I have regrouped and recharged, and gratefully educated, I am now ready to continue on with my journey that is now planned for 2016. I will share some of my experiences and hope that it will provide you all with the tools to help you when planning your journey.

WIFI is not available at the airport. MagicJack and WhatsApp won't work until you are in an area that provides WIFI.

Don't expect to see beaches, palm trees and tree lined neighborhoods in Santo Domingo. It is very congested, busy and the means of transportation is old, old cars and bicycles. You won't have a limo, sedan, or a Lexus to pick you up.

Most of the recovery houses are in questionable, neighborhoods, some provide security out front unlike the one I stayed in, did not. it had bars on the doors and windows and when the driver pulled up to the house, he literally drove onto the porch so that we were safe and able to walk directly in. There is no where to go, unless you hire a taxi to take you around, and the cost is $15.00 dollars an hour.

Ask, ASK, ASK, your doctor where your surgery will be performed. I learned that the doctor that I was scheduled with is doing surgery in a clinic. A building that had other specialties like OBGYN, Optometry and Internal Medicine to name a few. It was very crowded and busy with people who were there for their appointments. No privacy was provided. The recovery room looks like an emergency room here in the US. It's just a room with a curtain drawn across, it was not a private room. The reason you have to hire a "Nurse" is because it is not a hospital, there is no night shift or on call doctors on staff. Not a place for a major surgery like a Tummy tuck.

Unfortunately, I don't have any better advice when it's coming to protecting your money, except to keep all receipts and depend on trust. We all know that this journey heavily relies on an honor system. We are all stepping outside our comfort zones and trusting that the players who are involved in our journey is trustworthy. Not only because your are trusting them with your precious life, but also with your hard earned money. Although, I had receipts, voicemails, Emails, Verbal and bank confirmations, I was lied to about not receiving my deposit, especially after I cancelled my surgery because I was unhappy with the surrounding conditions. I was told to call my bank, but guess what? There is no WIFI in the clinic. Did they think I was stupid, they knew that I would be unable to reach my bank to resolve the issue. Of course I felt that I was placed in a position that in order for me to get my money back, I had to give up an additional deposit amount. I wasn't leaving without my money, so I agreed. What was I supposed to do? I was sick of dealing with these individuals and made a beeline exit back to the airport.

I believe that the Dominican Republic is a great place to have cosmetic surgery, it has some very good doctors. However, in planning my 2016 journey and now that I've had first hand opportunity to see and feel the country, I will plan and approach the planning process differently.

Next update: The recovery house.

Until Next Time....Be well Divas

Well Rested and Nine months away from New Beginnings!!

Hello Divas,

After taking a long and needed sabbatical, l am well rested with renewed and empowered energy in moving forward with my planning for my new beginnings in 2016. As promised in my last post, here is my experience on the recovery house.

I waited for 40 minutes after my arrival for someone to pick me up, Although, I confirmed and reconfirmed my time of arrival, needles to say, I was not happy about that. When the driver arrived I waited another 2 hours at the airport because they were expecting 2 other girls to arrive and the driver would only make one trip. Although, the house is only 30 minutes from the airport, I was pissed, exhausted and hungry from a long day of travel. So, Three and half hours later, I arrived at the house and the location sucked. It is located in the worst neighborhood in Santo Domingo and the room was probably no more than a 2x4 cell with a small bathroom and no windows and bugs flying everywhere. The rooms are located all the way to the back of house, it looked as though they made additions to the house and split the space into rooms. It was time to pay, keep in mind, that before my arrival, we had agreed on 8 nights and suddenly upon my arrival, the owner changed her story and said that she never agreed to 8 nights because I was staying for 10 days. When I first booked my stay she said that she had a special for the month of May and would only charge me for 8 days. I have her voicemail on WhatsApp and she still denied it. So, she was charging me half for the night I spend at the hospital after surgery and one additional day which now adds up to nine days. I was upset, but with much hesitation, I paid. Some rules of the house; you are not allowed to flush toilet paper because they claim it backs up the plumbing, and if you do, you will be charged the fee it cost for the plumber to fix it. So nasty! Even if you do number two, the dirty toilet paper has to go in the trash and stays in the room with you until they clean, which wasn't right away. The other two girls that came in with me refused to stay and deal with those conditions. I visited them in their room and their beds were on the floor. How awful!! There is no way one can recover in those conditions. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are at set times. They did have the 3 meals prepared daily, but even if you are not hungry, you must eat, otherwise that is it until the next day or next set time to eat. After a restless night, and much thinking, I was disgusted and felt cheated by the doctor, her husband and the recovery house that I decided to leave. I called for the owner into my room and told her that I changed my mind and wanted my money back for the days that I won't be there. She charged me for an additional night plus $70 dollars for transportation, but wanted to give me back my money the next day. Unbelievable! I told her absolutely not, I want it now. Then she claimed that she had to go to the bank, I told her no time for that, I want my money now. She left the room and came back with the rest of the money. My goodness! does anybody still have honesty and integrity!!!

So, moral of the story, pray that the god given gift of honesty and integrity is deeply instilled in the many individuals that you will be dealing with when you arrive in the Dominican Republic. This will be the last post on my past experience, if you want to know which recovery house, please inbox me.

Until next time Divas.....I wish you well in your journey and next update will be on my research for my new beginnings in 2016.

New Beginnings 2016.....Doctors

Hello Divas,

I hope your summer is going well, and as it is coming to an end, I wish you all well as we go into a wonderful, beautiful and amazing season.

As you all know, I went back to the drawing board and started my journey from square one. I have been extremely busy over the last few months collecting data and talking to live people, enlisting the help of friends and family, before making my decision as to what careful and safe steps to take that will lead me towards my amazing and wonderful journey. From my extensive research I have narrowed my choices down to two amazing doctors; Dr. Jose Leon, and Dr. Manuel Diaz. These two doctors are amazing, they are professional, patient and offers really good inclusive packages. I have spoken to both of them and they are honestly about their work and the best interest of their patients. Hmmmm....decisions, decisions.

Next update, I will post information on each Doctor and my final decision. Until next time Divas, Be Well.