On my Journey to a "New Me" - Maryland, MD

I first want to say that I love this site, it is...

I first want to say that I love this site, it is the most honest and real site I have been on. The recommendations and support from the women on here is awesome! Although I am a newbie that is on her journey, I am happy that I've found many who have pave the way for me to achieve my goals.

A little about me, I am 49 years old and I have 2 children (29 and 15) and for years I have been considering getting a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction on my back, thighs and butt. Now that I will be turning 50 soon, I've decided to do me. I've always hated my body and after having 2 babies, I gained weight (189 lbs) and then lost weight (170 lbs) and have maintained more or less at around 170lbs. But ladies, the rolls, oh those rolls is annoying and unattractive, and so I began my quest, and here I am among the land of beauties that I can share this experience with. I have a few doctors that I am looking at right now, but I also read some reviews on doctors in Colombia and would like more information on which doctors and what Recovery House is recommended. Next time, I'll post quotes and comments from doctors. Until next time, be well ladies.

An Emotional Rollercoaster Ride

Hello ladies, thank you all for your support and welcoming messages, I appreciate each and everyone of you. So, ladies, I had no idea that this process would be so emotional and throws you in the depth of indecision. I've finally have some quotes, keep in mind I only want (for now), a tummy with with liposuction done on waist and hips. Here is the list;
Dr. Alvarenga, Costa Rica
-Tummy tuck
- Liposuction to the back, thighs (inner/outer) and buttocks.
- Buttocks
Price: $8400.
Recovery House: $85 per night for 8 days stay.
Dr. Pantoja, Mexico
The quote we can provide to you for tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction in your back and thighs is $5,000dlls. Once you make a surgery appointment we will require a $500dlls. deposit in order to hold and secure your date. The deposit is non-refundable but you can always re-schedule in case of an emergency. Drains and stitches will be removed within 2-3 weeks after surgery. Recovery time is 4 weeks.
What is included in this cost?
- 2 night-stay in the clinic with 24 hour nurse care/aid
- Your own recovery room equipped with Patient's bed, armchair/lazy-boy, Wi-Fi, T.V., phone, bathroom utilities (shower and lavatory).
- Patient's meals are provided (Fruit, Chicken Soup/Broth, etc).
- Dr. Pantoja's, Anesthesiologist's, Hospital, Nurses and Operating Room fees included
- An evaluation and electrocardiogram (EKG) is done before the surgery by the cardiologist
- Lab work required prior to surgery and post op
- 1 Compression Girdle/Garment
- Unlimited post-operative visits
What is not included:
1)Medication you need to take home for your recovery. (i.e. antibiotic, pain, spray to use on tummy tuck scar). This can be bought at any pharmacy in Mexico or be delivered to the clinic. The cost is approx. $150 dollars since this is a two week treatment. NO REFILL NEEDED.
2) Nursing services outside of clinic.
3) Post-op lymphatic massages $30dlls. each.

Dr. Aquino, Dominican Republic
I have seen your pictures and you need a (Tummy tuck + Liposuction+ Fat transfer) this has a cost of US$3800
**This price of surgery does not include: Labwork, cardiac evaluation, girdle, medication post op, recovery house.
PACKAGE
**Surgery $3800 (Tummy tuck + Liposuction + Fat transfer)
ADDITIONAL COST
Labwork$180
Cardiac evaluation $ 80
Girdle $ 170
Medication post op $80
*Recovery house $ 90 per day include ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Nurse 24/7, Ac-room, Cable Tv, Wifi)
Pick up and Drop off airport $ 100
Must stay at least 10 to 12 days in the country before you travel.

Ok! Divas,are you exhausted yet? Welcome to the "mad, mad" world of plastic surgery. This is just the beginning, I have more to share and I'll let you all know who suggested I lose weight and who said I'm "bulky" Next time I'll share my final decision on who my doctor is and when the "big day" is. Until next time, be well.

I plan on going to do the percedure February 19 2014 lipo and tummy tuck iam excited I did a lot of research and i made up my mind the price is 4500 please if there is anyone out there reading this I would love to hear from you thanks
Please tell me if anyone is traveling to Bolivia this month for surgery?
Hello my name is shana I have been considering a tummy tuck for a long time my weight is 230 pounds.i use to be much smaller I been home from work for a year I gained a lot of work to stress.i have three children and very busy taking care of everyone.iam tired of the pouch around my waiste and sometimes sweat and have an order just tired.i started to make phones call to take care of this matter.i read this site and I feel good about my decision I contacted the make over team in bolivia does for lip and tummy tuck can anyone help me are advise me on any thing I need to know I will appreciate it.i had three c- sections and a hernia repair my children were huge.i want to feel sexy again.
Hi iam going tonbolivia feburary 18 is anyone going at that time I been doing research and I decided after reading this post to book my ticket I mean business.iam tired this tummy has had to much mental control over me enough is enough.please tell me everything I need to know if you please GOD bless.
This is and exciting part of the process! I look forward to hearing more about your journey!
Hello. Good luck with your search. My plastic surgeon is in Columbia but I also had a consult with one in So. Maryland. I had my surgery in April with no regrets.
Hello Dee2009, Congrats! and thanks for your kind words, I am so looking forward to having my surgery. Did you have a tummy tuck?

Welcome to the community girlie:)

Thank you.
Good luck! I'll be following your journey!!
Thank you.