On my Journey to a "New Me"

I first want to say that I love this site, it is...

I first want to say that I love this site, it is the most honest and real site I have been on. The recommendations and support from the women on here is awesome! Although I am a newbie that is on her journey, I am happy that I've found many who have pave the way for me to achieve my goals.

A little about me, I am 49 years old and I have 2 children (29 and 15) and for years I have been considering getting a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction on my back, thighs and butt. Now that I will be turning 50 soon, I've decided to do me. I've always hated my body and after having 2 babies, I gained weight (189 lbs) and then lost weight (170 lbs) and have maintained more or less at around 170lbs. But ladies, the rolls, oh those rolls is annoying and unattractive, and so I began my quest, and here I am among the land of beauties that I can share this experience with. I have a few doctors that I am looking at right now, but I also read some reviews on doctors in Colombia and would like more information on which doctors and what Recovery House is recommended. Next time, I'll post quotes and comments from doctors. Until next time, be well ladies.

An Emotional Rollercoaster Ride

Hello ladies, thank you all for your support and welcoming messages, I appreciate each and everyone of you. So, ladies, I had no idea that this process would be so emotional and throws you in the depth of indecision. I've finally have some quotes, keep in mind I only want (for now), a tummy with with liposuction done on waist and hips. Here is the list;
Dr. Alvarenga, Costa Rica
-Tummy tuck
- Liposuction to the back, thighs (inner/outer) and buttocks.
- Buttocks
Price: $8400.
Recovery House: $85 per night for 8 days stay.
Dr. Pantoja, Mexico
The quote we can provide to you for tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction in your back and thighs is $5,000dlls. Once you make a surgery appointment we will require a $500dlls. deposit in order to hold and secure your date. The deposit is non-refundable but you can always re-schedule in case of an emergency. Drains and stitches will be removed within 2-3 weeks after surgery. Recovery time is 4 weeks.
What is included in this cost?
- 2 night-stay in the clinic with 24 hour nurse care/aid
- Your own recovery room equipped with Patient's bed, armchair/lazy-boy, Wi-Fi, T.V., phone, bathroom utilities (shower and lavatory).
- Patient's meals are provided (Fruit, Chicken Soup/Broth, etc).
- Dr. Pantoja's, Anesthesiologist's, Hospital, Nurses and Operating Room fees included
- An evaluation and electrocardiogram (EKG) is done before the surgery by the cardiologist
- Lab work required prior to surgery and post op
- 1 Compression Girdle/Garment
- Unlimited post-operative visits
What is not included:
1)Medication you need to take home for your recovery. (i.e. antibiotic, pain, spray to use on tummy tuck scar). This can be bought at any pharmacy in Mexico or be delivered to the clinic. The cost is approx. $150 dollars since this is a two week treatment. NO REFILL NEEDED.
2) Nursing services outside of clinic.
3) Post-op lymphatic massages $30dlls. each.

Dr. Aquino, Dominican Republic
I have seen your pictures and you need a (Tummy tuck + Liposuction+ Fat transfer) this has a cost of US$3800
**This price of surgery does not include: Labwork, cardiac evaluation, girdle, medication post op, recovery house.
PACKAGE
**Surgery $3800 (Tummy tuck + Liposuction + Fat transfer)
ADDITIONAL COST
Labwork$180
Cardiac evaluation $ 80
Girdle $ 170
Medication post op $80
*Recovery house $ 90 per day include ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Nurse 24/7, Ac-room, Cable Tv, Wifi)
Pick up and Drop off airport $ 100
Must stay at least 10 to 12 days in the country before you travel.

Ok! Divas,are you exhausted yet? Welcome to the "mad, mad" world of plastic surgery. This is just the beginning, I have more to share and I'll let you all know who suggested I lose weight and who said I'm "bulky" Next time I'll share my final decision on who my doctor is and when the "big day" is. Until next time, be well.

Its been a long time....

Hello Divas,
It has been a year since my last post I had to focus on school and get through classes, but in spite of my busy life journey, I never gave up on planning for my Tummy Tuck. So here it is...my final decision....I've decided on Dr. Australia Baez, Dominican Republic in May 2015. I am currently working on my passport and waiting to hear back from Dr. Baez to send her bank information to make my deposit to lock in my days. I've started taking the following vitamins; Folic Acid and Iron. I currently weigh 179 and is working on losing at least the last 9 pounds to be at 170. I've started running and walking to improve circulation and to lose weight. I am now 50 years old and have decided to do me. I'm having a Tummy Tuck, BBL, Liposuction on waist, flanks and back.

Me....Now

Me. Hate it.

Made My Deposit.....

I made my deposit today! Now I am working on my passport. I am so excited, my new body is only 5 months away. Baez dolls hola!!

Four Months to go.....

Hello Divas, here is the latest update. My surgery date is May 2015 with Dr. Australia Fragoso Baez, for a tummy tuck, liposculture to abdomen, waist, back, flanks, and Brazilian butt lift (including hips). I am seriously thinking about adding liposuction to the thighs for an additional $300 dollars. This is what is included in Dr. Baez's package:

-evaluation by plastic surgeon
-Cardiovascular evaluation
- Laboratory exams
-Anesthesia
-Surgeries
-Overnight stay in the clinic
-First compressive garment
-Free of charge follow ups (transportation not included)
-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)
-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)

Initially I was going to stay at a hotel in the colonial zone because my friend was going with me, but things have changed between us so I will going alone and I've decided to stay at The Dollhouse Recovery House. This recovery house offered everything I am looking for, A Private Suite with....COMPLETE PRIVACY.

The DollHouse Recovery House: (www.thedollhouserecovery.com)
A beautiful home located in a Gated Community with a guard and no vehicles are allowed into the gated community without the proper authorization. Private Suite - $100 a night (hosts 1 guest with attached modern bathroom with Jacuzzi, stand up shower, walk-in closet and a private balcony).
Personal assistant, 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, full kitchen with a chef, dinning room, lounge areas with TV, cable TV with English channels in your rooms, beautiful views, AC, WiFi, pool, Jacuzzi, laundry services, modern bathrooms, hot running water, filtered drinking water and 24x7 bilingual staff all included in your room rates.

Transportation Services:
We offer Transportation services - $75 (this includes round trip to and from Airport, Pre-op and post-op appointments, Site seeing / Tour services are also available at additional cost.

Reservations & Deposits:
There is a $100 deposit required to guarantee your reservation which will be applied to your total when you arrive at our recovery house. Deposit can be paid via Paypal from our website after you make a reservation. Deposits are non refundable. All payments apart from deposit have to be paid in cash and in US Dollars.

Additional Services:
Massage services are $20 for a 30 minute massage paid directly to the massage therapist.

I have Four months left and started on my iron, folic acid, and B12 vitamins. I am currently working on my Airfare and will be purchasing my ticket soon. Also, I am working on getting my passport next week. Things are moving along nicely, thank God. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I've posted more "me" and Wish pics. Until Next time Divas....Be well.

Hallelujah! Soon to be Baez Doll

Today I purchased my plane ticket and I am so freaking excited. Sometimes I have to stop and exhale because each step towards the "new me" becomes more real and it makes me want to shout at the moutaintop, "Hallelujah!" I am still debating about staying at a recovery, I've read so many mixed reviews. Anyhoo....I am seriously considering one of the hotels or a bread and breakfast
In the area and then hire a nurse. Stay tuned for final decision. Be well dolls and remember "You are a jewel, wear your crown!"

Recovery House Decision......Baez Doll 2015

Hello Divas! Right now I'm working on getting my passport and I've started to shop for the much needed items for my trip. Next update I'll list the items I have collected so far. Also, I've finally made my decision on a recovery house.....I will be staying at the Hotel Villa Colonial. This hotel offers me the privacy I desire for recovery. It is close to everything I will need. My massages will done at the hotel or at Dr. Baez's office. I have arranged for pick-up and drop-off airport transportation through the hotel ($40 per person, one way, $80 roundtrip). Free breakfast is offered every morning and meals are served at the restaurant in the hotel, pool, free Wi-Fi, Laundry service, and many more. For the first few days I will be hiring a private nurse at about $20 to $25 per day. I have reached out to a couple of Nurses and waiting for their response back. I only plan to use one for about 3 days. I must say, all is working out well. For now, I'm being patient and waiting for these four months to go by as quickly as possible. Until next time, be well Divas.

Something to Remember as you take your journey.....

Hello Divas! so far all is well. I'm Thinking positive thoughts and is really excited about my decision....4 Months to go and counting! So, with that said....I will leave you all with something to think about.

The key to succeeding consistently is taking action consistently. The problem with most people is that they only take action when they feel motivated to do so - and that isn't very often. Choosing to remain stuck negatively impacts you emotionally, mentally, spiritually - even financially and physically. Take action toward your goals even when you feel stuck, frustrated or down. That may mean giving yourself an extra "push." Putting yourself in motion - even slow motion - is better than standing still, or worse - losing ground. Once you get moving, you often find the motivation to pick up the pace!

Trust your intuition. Don't wait on the approval or actions of others to determine the path of your life. Spend time with yourself, pray, meditate, and reflect on what's important to you on a regular basis. Intuition is a gift from God that acts as an inner compass to guide us in the right direction, even when there is no physical evidence to support it. Tap into your intuition by becoming tuned in to your "inklings," and listening to the nudges you feel in your spirit. When you trust your intuition, you trust God's ability to lead you in the right direction.

Until next time ...

Helpful Tips and Resources As You Take Your Journey.......Baez Doll 2015

Hello Divas! As I wait for my time to come to be a Baez doll, I've decided to find helpful ways to release any anxiety and worries that I have by researching and educating myself with as much information about traveling to the Dominican Republic. In doing my research, I've also found helpful ways to save money. In the coming months I will share my tips and resources and hope that it will make you all feel better about your decision to embark on your special journey. So, today I will leave you with these helpful tips.

Visitor Information
Dominican Republic One. Dominican Republic One is a "trusted site" of the Secretariat de Turismo. It's written by bilingual staffers at the ministry and delivers the official word on the latest news, travel, and airline information. www.dr1.com.

Dominican Republic Tourist Office (212/588–1012 in New York City; 888/374–6361 in New York City; 888/358–9594 in Miami. www.godominicanrepublic.com.)

Wherever you are, hotel taxis are generally the best option. Carry small bills; drivers rarely have change. Recommendable radio-taxi companies in Santo Domingo are Tecni-Taxi (which also operates in Puerto Plata) and Apolo. You can use taxis to travel to out-of-town destinations at quoted rates. Check with your hotel or the dispatcher at the airport. Dominican Shuttles (www.dominicanshuttles.com) provides safe and reliable service.

Apolo Taxi (809/537–0000; 809/537–1245 for high end cars or SUVs. www.apolotaxi.com.)
Taxi-Cabarete (809/571–0767 in Cabarete.)
Taxi-Queen Santiago (809/570–0000 in Santiago.)
Taxi-Sosúa (809/571–3097 in Sosúa.)
Tecni-Taxi (809/567–2010 in Santo Domingo; 809/320–7621 in Puerto Plata.)

Banks and Exchange Services
Currency is the Dominican peso (written RD$). You will not need to change money unless you plan to travel independently around the D.R. Banco Popular has many locations throughout the country, with ATMs that accept international cards.

Passport Requirements
All U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport. Additionally, all visitors must have a valid tourist card, which costs US$10 (purchased on arrival at the airport in cash with U.S. currency only).

Taxes
The departure tax of $20 is almost always included in the price of your airline ticket. The government tax (IBIS) is a whopping 18% and is added to almost everything—bills at restaurants, hotels, sports activities, rental cars, and even many items at the supermarkets, definitely on anything imported.

Health
Never drink tap water in the D.R. (look for a hotel or restaurant that has earned an H for food-service hygiene or that has a Crystal America certification). Don't buy food or even juice from the street vendors. Use mosquito repellent to protect yourself from mosquito-borne illnesses like Dengue fever.

Safety
Violent crime is rare. Nevertheless, poverty is everywhere in the D.R., and petty theft, pickpocketing, and purse snatching are an increasing concern, particularly in Santo Domingo. Pay attention, especially when leaving a bank or casino. Take hotel-recommended taxis at night.

Next Update....Money Saving Tips. Until Next time Divas......Be Well!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon