44 Yr Old Mom with 3 Kids - Maryland Heights, MO

I am using Sono Bello in St Louis. I'm so excited...

I am using Sono Bello in St Louis. I'm so excited. My pre-op visit is tomorrow 8.21.14. I am having lower and upper abs as well as waist done. I have recently lost 20+ lbs. I reached a high of 150 and said that's it!! I am 5' so that was way too overweight. Now that I am down to 130 (still 15lbs more to go. goal is 115) I am feeling better about the way I look in my clothes. I do however have horrible stretch mark scaring dating back to my 1st pregnancy. I carried LARGE babies. I understand the scarring will not go away with this procedure, but hope to lose the fat and tone the excess skin. Im going to "tan" tonight so the tummy doesn't look so bad. Tanned blubber looks better.... right??? Wish me luck!

Had My PreOp Today!

So the pre-op went as expected. I am however, in a state of momentary turmoil. My skin condition(thin and stretched) and excess skin worries me. I have no doubt the lipo will remove the fat but how will my skin look...... droopy and puckered???? The surgeon was very forthright in what my expectations should be. He said upper abs = great; waist = great.... but lower abs, will most likely have droopy and puckered skin. I don't believe it's in my budget to do a tummy tuck after lipo or in place of it. Any ideas or suggestions???

2 weeks and counting!

Exactly 2 weeks from now!!!! And I can not wait. Very excited. I'm wondering if I should be focussing on abs and crunches to start strengthening those muscles. Anyone have an opinion on that? I am doing upper/lower abs and the waist area.

B4 pic

2 days post op

2 days post and feeling pretty good! The staff and physician (Dr Lionelli) we're very helpful in making me feel comfortable and preparing me for what was ahead. Went into preop about 6:50am and by 7:40 was on the table. Other than a few areas (up at the lightest point) of my tummy I truly feel it was near painless!!!! Night # 1 not so painless. It was very painful.

It is Very important to remember, walk around. It helps to stretch out those muscles.

Today is day 2 and I'm feeling better yet. Still sore, but I noticed some of the swelling already subsiding.

Think good thoughts :-)
So far very happy!!

day 3 post op

Feeling better each day! The swelling is pretty substantial so not able to see much in the way of results :

Post op day 3 pics

Dr Gerald Lionelli

Surgery Sched for 9/19/14

May i ask if you are taking Arnica pills and or drinking pineapple juice for the swelling? If not it does help a little. Happy Monday!
Glad you are feeling well. Happy Healing.
Thank you!
YW :)
Don't do it !!! You need TT
Hi Shefa1380. Do you reccomend TT because of skin and strectch marks. Please elaborate.
Hi momof3bsbes, Trust me go for TT Because the issue is not just fat is muscle separation in your case , and the smart lipo will not fix the separation Google muscle separation Wish you the best
You must be counting down the days? Do you have all your after care supplies yet?
I've just begun..... what items do you suggest?
Pineapple juice,pineapple lipton tea,coconut water,bromelain pills,vitc c 1000mg for bruising Benadryl cream for itching,maxi pads (sanitary napkins) paper tape,polysporin,band-aids and tarp for bed or old towels. Outfit for surgery day. Hope this helps.
Have you looked into getting a mini TT before spending money on this. I was looking into mini TT and it was like $5000 I think
Congrats!!! I will be following your journey as i am doing the same procedure in Nov. Best Of Luck!!!!!!
Thanks Bella!
Happy Thursday!!!
I was gonna suggest a mini tt as well. I had hanging skin on my arms but not bat wings just loose and smart-lipo did tighten them up. when i wave it doesn't wiggle or jiggle anymore. The skin does retract some. i initially wanted an arm lift and my surgeon was against it and stated i didn't need one,so you might want to try smart-lipo first and in 6 months to 1 year if you're not satisfied with the end result you can do a revision or mini tt but,this PS is expensive and i don't know your budget. Best Of Luck!