read reviews at least 6+ mnths after and compare pics - Maryland

I am now 15 months post 2 Fraxel Restore sessions...

I am now 15 months post 2 Fraxel Restore sessions and must say that this was the WORST decision of my life.

I am a 29 Y.O. male that had 3 MINOR acne scars on my right cheek. I was talked into doing my whole face in order to ensure an even tone and texture. The texture I got is the "orange peel" texture everyone is talking about. Here is what causes this: "deleted collagen is inadequately replaced and forms a pitted appearance resembling the surface of a golf ball. (Laser Revision of Scars, Dr. Keyvan Nouri, MD)"

I went from having three small scars and baby smooth skin to a face that looks ten years older. You can actually see where the laser stopped - around my hair/jawline, which makes things worse and very noticeable.

I am currently contacting doctors all over the world to find something to correct this damage, but it is not looking good.

On a side note, I have already tried peels and scar revision creams to no avail. The damage here goes deep.

Please take the time to look at and compare the other pictures on here and read everyone's post. I beg you not to have this done!

I'll add more pictures soon.

I hesitantly went to the doctor that performed the...

I hesitantly went to the doctor that performed the laser a few days ago and he noticed the difference. He is not sure what to do and offered to do a test spot with a 100% ablative erbium laser to see if that makes a difference.

I am scared to death to try another laser.

I've decided to try a deep TCA peel in a few...

I've decided to try a deep TCA peel in a few months. Wish me luck.

Yesterday a female friend of mine mentioned that...

Yesterday a female friend of mine mentioned that it looks like I no longer take care of my face. She noted the pores and crazy texture and said I now have a crazy rough look - not in an attractive way. She also asked if I am living with smokers, which I am not.

This is not getting better. I am 20 months out now and am devastated knowing I will have to live the rest of my life like this. Fraxel has robbed me of my identity in a way. It kills me to know I did this to myself.

If I could go back the first clue I should have backed out was when the doctor kept insiting that we needed to do the full face to make everything even. If there are supposed to be no major textural changes then why would I need to make everything even? Now I know that had I just done the three scars I went in to treat that only those spots would have this crazy texture. I could have lived with that.

Again, please don't get all excited from these reviews that are only a couple of months old. Most of these people are still experiencing the micro swelling that makes things look better for a short time. Months later they come back and start asking questions on how to fix the damage.

These doctors know what is going on and this needs to be addressed. There is no fix for this and I have been told this by top dermatologists and plastic surgeons. If you decide to go, just know that if something goes wrong you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CORRECT THE DAMAGE and that your previous problem will pale in comparison to what you can be left with.

Here is a picture posted by a doctor here on...

Here is a picture posted by a doctor here on RealSelf. Note the burn victim like texture in the after picture. That is what my entire face looks like, but worse!!! http://www.realself.com/files/Fraxel-Laser-before-97891.jpg

Nothing new to report. Still have the same texture...

Nothing new to report. Still have the same texture over my entire face.

He is a nice guy.

Awhile ago I too shared the damage my skin endured because of Fraxel. It is now 2 years and 3 months later and my skin is still sensitive in the sun. However, I decided to get acupuncture ( to help my skin heal itself). It's been 3 months so far and I don't see major changes. I'm hoping that perhaps in time I will begin seeing a significant difference. I used to wear all types of name brand sun screens but realized the chemicals in them were much to harsh on my skin. My Accupuncturist also commented that I should be careful of certain ingrediences that are in sun blocks so I went to a Health store and bought a sun block a product called Alba Botanica. It has been working well so far and my skin has become less irritated. Also at night I make it a point to moisturize and treat my skin using Rose Hip oil. Google it and you will read how well it will benefit your skin. I hope what I'm sharing is helpful.
Do NOT do a peel! Do not scrub or damage the epidermis in anyway. We are trialling a potent but a mild form of vitamin A which seems to heal burns very well and rebuild collagen. Do not try any laser procedures! We will post a results as we get them
Please! Please! I am begging you to keep us posyed about this new treatment. Fraxel was and still is a nightmare for me too!! I regret it with all my heart... I am so so sad and depressed I don't even want to leave the house anymore :(
Hi, I'm sorry but this is not a new vitamin. It is retin a and it has been around forever. I am sorry to hear about your laser damage. I too have extensive damage i.e. holes, lines, loss of fat etc. I tried retin a on and off for a couple of years, but it did not help. You never know, it may help you. If you have hyper or hypo pigmentation, I don't believe it will help with that, but I would contact a dermatologist.
Did you find any answers since 2011 to repair your skin damage?
Yeah you are right... the same thing... How you been doing?
Do you have any updates on your skin, did you find something to fix it?
I am so sorry to hear your story :*( I had a similar treatment done 2 weeks ago and I am wondering... at what point did you realize something was really wrong? Did the depressions start out small, like pinprick or pore size, and keep getting larger? I hope to hear back from you, I am freaking out here.
I realised my had gone horribly wrong within 2 weeks... still terrible 16 months on.
There is now a home use "fraxel" laser called Palovia. It can be purchased at QVC,(the home shopping network)with a 90 day return policy. There are youtube videos to watch. Google for review sites.

It is recommended only for the eye area but I've read that some hve used the devise on other areas of their face.

I recently purchased it & have used it several times. It is easy to operate. I've had only temporary redness when I used it around the eyes. I also use ice after the treatment. (I have no idea why icing is not advised.) I haven't seen much results for my fine eye wrinkles yet.

It may improve skin smoothness on damaged skin from Fraxel treatments. This would be "off label" usage. I actually decided to use this Palovia on a couple of age spots by repeating several blasts on the spots to produce a some peeling. I need more time to see full results.

Skin smoothness may be better achieved with this gentler home use laser than by using chemical topicals, such as retin-A. You can adjust the settings with this laser. It is highly recommended that you never hit the same spot more than once during the allotted 25 hits per daily treatment.

I previously commented about my experience with my Fraxel treatment. I was left with some dotted track marks. I felt that I needed to get a 2nd fraxel treatment, using a lower setting to smooth them out, which it did. My Doctor didn't suggest this- I did.
FSRB, i didn't think i had an allergic reaction...but like i said I feel like it's been getting worse and don't know if i should use the retinol every few days in combination with argan oil? which is a great moisturizer?
Please see a Derm. I would stop all retinols and acids NOW. Cerave PM has ceramides and niacin but I'm not sure your skin can handle the niacin. I would use the Cerave AM plus it has sunscreen and make an appt as soon as possible. Have you ever done peels or used Retin? You may be very sensitive. I believe your skin will calm down and be fine.
I haven't used retinol in 3 days and won't be..hopefully the orange peel look will fade. i'm so worried and depressed :(((
I've been just putting argan oil as a moisturizer at night which isn't an acid and it's proven to be really good for your skin. I wonder what the derm can do. Usually they prescribe retinol. but i hope he can help me.
That was in September.. I stopped with the peels entirely because I started breaking out just in some pimples but as time is going by my pores are so bad. I don't know if I should keep using the retinol...if it will help or not? I'm so confused :(
After laser, I got pimples with yellow stuff coming out for weeks. This I was told by a doctor (or three) was my collagen. My face fell badly, ruining my looks. They said there was noting to do for it, when the collagen is gone its gone. GOOD NEWS: I finally started using RetinA/Trnetinoin, and after initial peeling, I seem to be getting some noticeable results. I think SOME of the damage can be reversed. I am using no makeup and factor 100 sunblock, with setting powder over it to keep my skin from being greasy. I am going to try the vampire facelift and continue the RetinA. I finally have some hope. I also switched to a whole foods diet and organic to the extent possible, to give my system the best chance to recover. Good luck to you, check in as you have any changes. You are in my thoughts.
They lied. Once it's gone it's gone is a lie. It's not gone just damaged. You should investigate Environ vitamin A products and their roll-cit treatment once your skin is strong enough
I looked for the vitamin A, but don't see what you are talking about. Can you be more specific please? Thanks!
Contact ***removed link*** and explain your situation. Their products are like tretinoin bit more effective and gentler. They have had a lot of success in helping burns and rebuilding skin.
RetinA or Trentioin is a Vitamin A product. It is better than anything you can get over the counter. It is cheaper and more effective than any other anti-aging product but you need a prescription here in the US. Any doctor can write a scrip for it and insurance pays if you need it for acne. Even back acne. If you need cheap pharmacies for self pay write me a pm.
Do this vitamin also works to repair Dermal Post Hyperpigmemtation? I was left with a dark grey shadow around my mouth, my face and my forehead. The only part with no apparent damage is my nose :*((. I seriously look like a monkey and I am so deppressed. I am hispanic, dark skin and have been told is Fitz 4. Had the Fraxel 1550 to treat melasma on my cheeks but they did all my face. This was 2 months ago and l don't see any improvement. Please! Please help me. After seeing and reading all these negative comments I realized that made the worst decision of my life. I am constantly crying :*((
Per her profile, she had "2" 35% Glycolic acid peels.
i got the same orange peel skin look and deeper/wider acne scarring just from a 35 % glycolic peel! it's affects began to show 2-3 months after...i'm using skinceuticals 0.5 retinol cream now and just got the skinceuticals 1.0 ..been about 4 weeks using but I'm still trying to be patient and hopefully it will work. I feel like it's getting worse still but trying to be patient and not give up. I've been getting so down :( it's effecting my life.
I've heard of this before. I would seek a derm's opinion however I feel your moisture barrier has been compromised. I would stop all retinols and acids....let your skin heal. You should have complete healing. Did you have an unusual experience? Was this your first peel? Maybe an allergic reaction? Baby your skin.

Actually, the retinols rebuild the collagen layer, which is what has been depleted.

Oh sorry I should have explained that ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar - the recommended dosage is 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of ACV in a glass of water and you should get the unfiltered, unpastuerised version with the 'Mother', organic is preferable - the enzymes and beneficial bacteria work wonders on our health and using it topically is similar to glycolic acid. There's a lot of info regarding ACV on Earth Clinic - google it - a very handy website ;) I've been able to cut back on how often I drink it - now I just have 1 glass once every few days but I also take a very good probiotic which I think is essential for healthy glowing skin. From everything I've read it's important to drink ACV through a straw as it can be harsh on tooth enamel.

Well I'm continuing to have amazing improvement from my abovementioned regime - I'm certainly in a better place than I was when my face was first 'destroyed' that's for sure. And I'm back to people 'noticing' me lol even my husband is amazed that when we are out young guys are whistling at me! hahaha... I'm lucky he's not the jealous type - he actually takes it as a compliment ;)

Retin-a is amazing stuff -- but if you're thinking of trying it please start slowly as it can really shred your face up at first with lots of peeling. If you've never used it before start with the lowest strength or even try Retin-a Micro which is the slow release version and results in less side effects.