Coolsculpting Lower Abs and Flanks 3/13 - Maryland

I had the lower abs done on 3/13 and the flanks...

I had the lower abs done on 3/13 and the flanks done on 3/15. I am little (5'5" and about 118 lbs) but I have had 3 kids and with that 3 csections. I have a little over hang with my belly and the typical love handles. I workout 5-7 days a week, don't eat sweets, and watch what I eat for the most part but still have the problem areas. I don't want to get cut open so I decided a non-invasive procedure would be worth trying.

When they put the device down on my lower abs it was intense. It didn't really hurt that much, just very intense. I almost passed out but brought myself back. You can see the fat sucked up in there and that's why I think I felt like that. An hour went by and it was fine after about 6 minutes. After an hour they took off the machine and my belly looked like congealed fat. It was gross. I got up and had some pains like someone had punched me in the stomach but that went away in a minute or 2 and I was fine. No bruising at all with lower belly. I was told to massage for about a week. Belly a little swollen and sore after. Went back in for the flanks. That was cake compared to the belly. Didn't hurt, totally fine. Took 2 hours.

One of my flanks is bigger than the other so the smaller one bruised a little more. Not bad at all. On the day I did flanks my lower belly started getting the "pins and needles" feeling. Let me just say it is more like bees stinging you or bugs biting you. It has become strong day by day. Hoping I can get a little relief b/c Advil isn't doing the job. Hasn't even been a week so haven't seen a noticeable difference yet. When I do, I will post before and after pics.

It's been a little over a week for my abdomen and...

It's been a little over a week for my abdomen and one week with my flanks. Flanks never hurt at all. A little pins and needles but o a scale of 1-10 maybe a 2. My abdomen hurt really bad like bee stings until today. It's hurting a little less. Still feels bruised and sore but nothing like before. I would say pain today is a 4 out of 10. 3 days ago it was off the charts. My abdomen is still swollen. I am assuming it will be like that for 5-7 more days.

Abs stopped hurting on the 21st.

Abs stopped hurting on the 21st.

I am seeing changes now. My stomach is the...

I am seeing changes now. My stomach is the flattest I have seen in a long time. Haven't noticed a real difference in flanks (tiny difference in left but not right). It's been 4 weeks exactly today. Hoping to see more and more changes. I am slow to say worth it right now b/c it was so expensive. If I had paid less like others had I would probably say worth it but I think I need to notice more of a difference (say go down one size in pants) to say worth it.

I haven't noticed anymore of a difference between...

I haven't noticed anymore of a difference between weeks 4 and 5

I think it has worked with my lower abs but not so...

I think it has worked with my lower abs but not so much with my flanks. I would say worth it for lower abs and not worth it for flanks. I would also say what someone else said and don't expect miracles. This is week 9 and there is a difference but I don't even know if I would say 20%. I did not lose a size in my jeans. They do fit a bit better but for a point of reference I was a size 26/27 and still that size depending on the jeans.

The doctor and assistants were wonderful.

Would you mind sharing the clinic/doc you went for your CS procedure?
I had mine done in Richmond, VA. It has been just over 4 weeks...and I'm REALLY happy with my lower abs. I did not have the same issues or pain everyone is talking about. The first 4 or 5 days, I actually wrapped my belly with an ace bandage so that when my "Pooch" jiggled I wouldn't feel that as much. I worked out and did my regular routines. I was swollen...probably around day 12 did I begin to notice it flatten out nicely. During those weeks and into the 3 week, if I pushed on my stomach I could tell it was a little numb, but nothing that hurt. I didn't get any bee stining sensations. So from May 8-June 14....a little strange "comfort" not discomfort the first week, swelling down by day 12 completely....and now, each day looking better! So excited this is working for me....and that is isn't coming back!
Hi ladies! I am also in MD. Can you share where you had your procedures? I would love to know where everyone got theirs done so I can make an informed decision.
Folks: how long we're you swollen for and how long did the pain last til? This is my 8th day and the pain and swelling is driving me bonkers. The doc said to take Tylenol but that does nothing. Please give me some feedback... I don't mean to complain, but I just want it to stop :(
Radio Carol, I have the same situation as you...my pooch got bigger and sticks out worse than before. Its been 5 weeks since treatment. I would think any swelling should be gone by now. My follow up appt is in 3 weeks so I am going to wait till then to address this with my doc. Hopefully it will subside by then. The funny thing is my entire stomach is bigger... but I only got my upper abs treated with medium device. Im starting to wonder if the fat migrated. Good luck on 2nd treatment. I hear more positive reviews than bad so I think a second time might work. Keep us posted...
I met with the doctor yesterday and he said I am definitely worse/bigger than when he did the procedure. He's baffled, apologetic and wants to help me resolve this, especially since I'm getting married in St. John in 7 weeks! He is suggesting a second coolsculpting now that there is actually more to work with and thinks there are better results with the second time around. He also thinks without all the people parading through and giving me more time to rest, etc. that I will have better results. Siince I don't have a lot of time to do anything more drastic, I think I'm going to do it...but I'm slightly nervous about it.
Radio Carol I too went for an endorsement for radio.... What did the doctor say about your swelling? I did my lower abs and still in pain (the whole bee sting feeling that everyone is saying) and I'm swollen still... also hurts at my belly button. It's been 6 days... I would love to hear how you are doing now.
The bee stings hurt but my lower belly is flatter. I guess u take risks with anything. I never even thought it could be worst. I went to a plastic surgeon too. My thing was I will not get cut open or put under so this appealed to me. It sounds like u r a good candidate. I have to say I have really been watching what I eat and doing hard exercises too.
I am reading those reviews and I want to cancel my appointment. I want to get my lower abs becaise of the pouch/ I am 5 11 1/2 tall and weight 150ls. I surely would rather stay with the pouch instead of medical issues. I am going to a plastic surgeon who is well reputated I have seen his work he gave me filler injection but... Hmm!!!
I'm afraid it hasn't Tinatini. I am actually going to speak to the doctor on Tuesday. I'll post what he has to say.
Radio Carol - like you, I am thin but have a small pooch. I did my treatment April 18. Its been 5 weeks and I feel like my pooch has gotten bigger. Its one thing to not have any result but to look worse ! Has yours gotten any better ? I know it takes 3-4 months so Im hoping this is just swelling.
Radio Carol - that definitely doesn't seem like "typical results" according to others on here. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Thanks!
Sorry you had to go thru that. I'm not a doctor or a surgeon, just someone who has been thru the process (7 days in). Maybe you simply didn't have enough fat. I work out 10 or more hours a week and also a good weight for my height...but have always had a pooch (even when very undersweight). There was more than an "inch to pinch" that wasn't going to improve w/diet & exercise - and I'm 46. If I were you I would be upset. I have had little discomfort...just still oddly numb but I can only tell when I try to pinch the fat :)
He is certified and what I'm most upset about, besides the "results", is that I was never told until right before they massaged the area back into my body, that they would be doing it. The representative from the Coolsculpting company stuck her head around the corner and said, "This is the part I didn't like." I didn't even realize I was going to have this frozen area sticking out, nor did I know it would be shoved back in. I passed out in front of the hospital VP of Admin, the nurses, doctor, my boss and one or two other people. Very embarassing and extremely painful.
Radio Carol - that does not sound good at all. I went to a plastic surgeon. Was this person certified?
I had my lower abdomen done to help out a local doctor with his promotion. Being in radio they wanted someone who would draw a crowd. I did a live demonstration and handled the actual procedure well...until they pushed the "cooled/frozen" slab back in to my stomach. I had severe cramps, passed out unexpectedly and was unable to work for 2 days because of the bruising and swelling. I am 5'4" and not even remotely overweight. I didn't have much of a pooch so the doctor said it would be perfect. I now have a protruding stomach that constantly looks swollen and is at least twice the size it was before. Also, within 2 weeks of the procedure I began having severe GYN problems that led to minor surgery in February. Not sure if the two are related but I do know I look far worse than I did before this procedure.
Vixstew - thank you. I definitely think the lower abs worked. I would put worth it except I don't think the flanks worked. I wish I could put worth it for abs but not for flanks.
I had my lower abs done 8 days ago. I'm not even going to start really looking for something different until mid June. But I think your lower abs really did change!
WoW! I look like you....if I can get the final result with my abs (not necessarily flanks) I would be SUPER HAPPY! I'm going for a consultation tomorrow.
Yeah, I am worried I may have to get it done there again too. I think I would like to get it done on the "back" love handles too. That won't be bad though.
Hi MarAlar, your abs look really good! I notice a big difference in your abs. Sorry it did not work out better with your flanks, but seeing before and after pics of your abs, has made me a firm believer that it works! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I definitely see a difference and the fact that that fat doesn't come back makes me happy. I would say it is worth it for the bigger applicator. Not sure about the small one since it didn't work for my flanks. Maybe the more pain it causes the better since that was the case with my lower abs :)
Same here. I have a tiny bit of results (more on my left side if you are looking at the picture). That side is smaller anyway so this is going to look kind of odd if that one does way better than the other. My abs have been slower to respond. How about you?