Life On Hold After Botox - Marquette, MI

Pros to botox, at least for me, are zero. Cons are...

Pros to botox, at least for me, are zero. Cons are many. The past month started with a spark to look just a little bit better and ended with a fire of anger! Not sure if I am more angry with myself or the people who administer the drug.

My original motivation was the fact that I recently lost 50 pounds, was ready to get back on the social scene, and just wanted to complete the "looking better" image. The outcome wasn't at all what I hoped for, but turned into somewhat of a nightmare. I ended up with a left eye completely shut, a right eye feeling like it is bulging and headaches. I am told by the doctor who administered it that the length of this could be till the botox wears off.....up to four months from now.

What was one of the biggest weeks of the year for me with personal work achievements, a date I'd been waiting to meet for the last few months become a week of no work and hiding.

It was a realization to be happy with who I am, forehead lines and all. I will become an advocate of botox education, and telling people OUT LOUD what their risks are. Do not put this toxin into your body is a place to start.
I wish someone would have sat me down and said look these are the risks. I know that we are responsible for educating ourselves on a procedure, but seriously how can these professionals not talk to us beforehand. Yes, we sign papers. All this does is release them from any responsibility.
I have lost a few weeks of my life, and don't know how long this will last, because of botox. If I can help even one other person from making this mistake I will.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. That us absolutely awful.

Hi guys - I was injected 22 weeks ago and I am still suffering. I was diagonosed with confirmed vision lost and retina damage directly due to botox along with extreme facial deformities. I can provide this medical documentation to anyone who wishes to see it. I am suing the company that did this to me as I have a doctor now backing me. I have learned some shocking, horrifiying things about Allergan and doctors that will make you furious. I would seriously be on here typing all day long. Just to name a few: 1.) There are NO clinical studies to refect accurate numbers regarding side effects aside from treatment in the glabella area. All other uses are considered "off lable" and there is no data or research to say what possible side effects could occur, how long they could last, or if they are permanent. 2.) The actual number of botox side effects is EXTREMELY UNDER-REPORTED. There is NO obligation on the injectors to report adverse side effects. They report it if they feel like it since there is NO punishment for failing to do so. 3.) Mixing of the botox is NOT monitored in ANY way and mixing it incorrectly can result in a bad reaction. First, did you know that botox only comes in single use vials of 50 - 100 units? These vials are NOT supposed to be used for more than one person. This means that doctors either must pursuade patients to have additional botox to use up the vial, toss out the unused portion, OR double dip and use the botox on multiple patients - aka risking our saftey and exposing us to possible contamination 4.) Botox costs providers $5-$6 per unit... to stretch their profits, doctors frequently over dilute. Want proof?Check out groupon. Did you know that Groupon charges advertisers 50% of their profits? They do. So when you see an ad to get 20 units of botox for $100, this means that if the doctor was properly diluting it, they would not make ONE PENNY. Factor in that groupon is charging the doctors $50 per groupon sold and that would translate to these doctors PAYING $50 and wasting their time every single time a patient comes through the door. Do you really think they are going to do that? Absolutely not. They are over diulting because NOBODY is watching them and they can get away with it. 5.) Injecters can get licensed in just ONE day and they can do their classes ONLINE. I could go on and on and on - I would be more than happy to share with anyone that is interested in hearing also. Feel free to contact me

Yes, I would like to see the documents that you have. I would like to make some effects to at least get back the money I lost through having to take a week off work, prescriptions and a refund.