7 days post-op, free of implants!

Hello Ladies, (first of all i apologize, grammar...

Hello Ladies, (first of all i apologize, grammar won't be perfect) but I want to share my pictures and story with you.

Like most of you, i am really grateful about your reviews and brave stories. Without you i am not sure if i would have the information and courage to do the removal of my breast implants.

My story starts when i was 18 years old, with the influence of society and family i made the wrong choice and finished with breast implants that became a painful experience an low self esteem as a result. Now i am 30 and ready to take this toxic bags out of my body. I understand that sometimes for some women this can help to feel more beautiful, and correct some imperfections surgeries can be a bless. But i hope society change the point of view for young women and admire the beauty of the natural body.

For mature women surgeries can be something exiting as long as is healthy mentally and physiologically, and is just to please yourself NO OTHERS.
I hope i new better when i was 18, basically what i remember is "women with big breast had better and easier everything, (how stp is that, lol). oo well, big lesson.
The sad part too, is that this affect my sex life. I am so ashamed that i can't show my body, i feel really sad about that for so long. having fake boobs is not good for me, i became extremely self-conscious.

I visit a few PS and finally i'm going to have my surgery on January 22, with Dr. Grant. I had my first visit and he seams to have allot of experience, and make me feel that i am in good hands. I am exited that i finally can do this.
I understand i wont have allot of breast but that's how i was before. As long as i am healthy and my breast is with some good form even if they are small.
As you can see in the picture i have big scars and have coloration, (sometimes they look whiter sometimes darker) that is something that the doctor can fix and make them thiner this time, i really hope so.
I feel back pains every night, short breathing, sometimes pain in my left breast, anxiety (my heart irregular from stress) and allot of inconveniences. I just start feeling this after 10 years with the implants. And of cores i am older and my body can't take things like before.

I have my 2nd appointment with my PS on Monday, one day before surgery and they already send me an email with following instructions with some pre and pos surgery cares. I am exited! But very nervous, honestly i am afraid of been optimistic, i don't know how the result is going to be. But i am sure i want this implants out.

My PS give me a choice of local anesthesia or general anesthesia/sedation.
And i really don't know what to choose. I am worry that if i choose local i can get really nervous and have a complications, i know i can get very nervous and stimulate my heart allot. But it also sounds less risky then general anesthesia, and can save the money from general anesthesia.

Is anyone with more experience about this, i'll appreciate it?

Thanks for read this, lots of blessings!

Hello my darlings :) I am one day post op and...

Hello my darlings :)
I am one day post op and feeling fantastic that my body is natural again after so many years.
I am really thankful of all your support and to your histories that make me laugh, cry, and the most important give the courage to go through this. Thank You all.
Last night i slept like i haven't slept in a long time. Mentally relax, i am in the other side :) I have no real pain, no nausea, i have no drainers now, hopefully i wont need them but after some days will see. I need to be careful and avoid doing things with my arms and bee relaxing basically. I love my new natural breast. This time i'll be on top to do the best for my scars with the help of my PS too. I'll be asking hem everything about how can i help my scars.
The surgery when well, my PS decide to go with general anesthesia because i may need a very possible Capsulectomy.
Well i haven't see my PS since before surgery but one of the assistants came today to my post op appointment to see my results and he mention they decide to don't do the capsulectomy, i really was expecting the capsuletmy i have read that is allot better to do it for lower future risks. But at this point that i haven't see my PS since before surgery i am confuse a little bit. But my PS assistant was nice, and the nurse was a sweetheart.
I have another appointment on 10 days, hopefully i can see my PS. i also ask for the implants, i think in 10 days they are going to be at the office. i just want to see what i had for 10 years one more time. OO My.
Did i mention "Best decision ever" :)
I have 1 pict or 2, i am going to port more after my shower tomorrow.
Thanks and Blessings

I am getting a little bit concerned that my PS and...

i am getting a little bit concerned that my PS and i agree in capsulectomy, i really search allot about that and allot of doctors agreed
capsulectomy should be done to have no problems in the future. Also i been charge for capsuletctomy as well plass i thought the general anesthesia was because the capsulectomy, and the muscle problem that it's to soon to see if that is gone. , mmm i don't know what to do now. i really can't wait to know more from my PS.I'm sure he will explain me better, i hope is ok to leave the full capsul insight and i don't going to increase future risk.

Let me know if you have experience about the same concern. Thanks You.

I am going to take more pictures next week. At the...

I am going to take more pictures next week. At the moment i am keeping Ice bags around my breast, and using arnica cream to help the swelling go down, and hopefully heal a little bit faster, hopefully. My classes start soon, i wonder if i can start driving in 10 days?. However i am really happy i was able to do this now. I am resting allot now.
Yeiii No more implants :)

Hi ladies, i am on my day 7 post op. No more...

Hi ladies, i am on my day 7 post op. No more implants!!!
I think i am healing well, i been on sports bra, i get the most comfortable i could find, but tight.
I am really swollen still, i wonder if that is normal? i wonder if anyone use something to help on that?
i really can't use my arms allot, i been resting and taking it easy. I have a little bit of pain on my right boob, but not crazy it just feels very tender and a little more red the skin.
I been using ice packs, arnica cream, i tray to don't touch my boobs or take out the sports bra for to long.
I am also wonder if any of you start driving after only 2 weeks? my classes are about to start and i am thinking how i can get there if i can't drive jet. My following appointment with my PS is 4 days after my classes start so i don't know if i should drive.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

RealSelf

I thank you for sharing your story! You look amazing so far!
Can I ask you lady how many CC did you go to cause you neck and shoulder pain?
My surgeon said I could drive after 1 week, but I ended up waiting until almost 2 weeks when I felt stronger. Also, I wore fluffy scarves when I drove at first so the seatbelt didn't press into my boobs. You should be okay to drive to your classes as long as you aren't taking any pain medication. Good luck!
Same here tinkerbell - I'm still wearing scarves when I drive, and I'm 5 wks out :) Great idea to share i didn't think about it. Adiosimplants, I drove within 2 weeks, just make sure you can make a fast turn and grip the wheel good before you drive. So glad you're healing well!!
Thank You Ladies :) I hope i feel strong enough when the day arrive. right now i am sure i can't, it was almost impossible to serve frozen yogurt on my cup, no strong yet.
Pearltx who was your doc and where? I have saline unders and cannot find a PS to do it under local in Houston
I saw dr Caridi in Austin. He had no problem doing it under local. Dr ciaravino of Houston was my original implanting dr. I really liked him, maybe he can help?
Ohh my goodness!!! I can't believe I found other women with the same issue!!!! When I was in my 30's ( and it was the 80's also), big breasts were the thing. The implants were fine but 20 years down the road my right breast/implant started to feel strange. Lets see if I can explain this to you... Ok,,,, you know when your bra is riding up your breast, OR your bra strap keeps falling down your arm?.... You are compelled to try to fix it. That is how my right breast felt. But I could never get comfortable. I started moving my right shoulder around without even thinking of it in a subconscious way to fix it. Well, I figured its time to change them. I was not guaranteed 'the feeling' would be gone... But I had to do it. 6 years ago I had mentor silicone implants put in. I was sooo happy because the feeling was gone... It was gone for two years and then IT CAME BACK!!!!!!! So I began doing the 'shoulder moving thing. I must have done it so much that I aggravated my right shoulder. I had X-rays and an MRI, age related arthritis... I'm 57, so that's normal, but I have severe tendonitis. I continued to work but I'd get 'referred pain' in my shoulder, then it went to my neck. Let me tell you... I was in agony!!! I had a jaw replacement years ago and I don't remember being in so much pain. Well the pain meds worked back then but nothing has worked for this shoulder!!! 4 cortisone shots, cervical collar, icy hot, heat packs, Celebrex on and on. The only thing that helps is to lay down. Ladies, we know our bodies!!! I KNOW that I'm having all of this referred pain from the implant issue. I personally think these mentor implants are too big and too heavy. Now I can't stand them and want them out. They are under the muscle by the way. I'm just a little worried about what to expect post op. my doctor said there'd be drains. I will have to read more. What fills that space???? And I knew nothing about the capsule thing. I hope I've explained myself well enough. And I'm so glad I found all of you!!! My surgery date is for Feb 27. I'm out of work collecting until then. Thank you.
Hey tezoo, I had the neck and shoulder pain too! I had mentor salines under the muscle for 7 years - removed a month ago. The doctor removed part of the "capsule" which is the scar tissue surrounding the implant. He "scraped" away the front portion of my capsule, the did some internal stitching to the back portion of the capsule, closing up that pocket space that contained the implant. (partial capsulectomy) It gave me an "internal lift." I came home with drains, one slipped out 2nd day, I had to return to hospital to have the breast aspirated and another drain placed. They aren't bad and if the dr feels it necessary it's probably because your capsule was thick and removal causes extra bleeding. You don't want fluid (seroma) or blood (hematoma) developing in the pocket, so go along with your PS's instructions. The pocket heals quickly if you take it easy after surgery!! I had a little complication with the drain, but am still 100% ecstatic a month later and loving my small breasts!
Hi tezzo, I am happy for you, this is the first step, get them out! :) As you all know now, i suffer with the implants, last months with them pain was waking up in the middle of the night, and i can go on and on with negative reactions from having breast implants. You are going to feel better and better, i can sleep with no back/ribs pain anymore :) i feel in general more flexible, i can move easier and i feel lighter, stronger, in one word, relieved!! Like Natural Liv said trust your PS, he will decide how much capsule needs to go and very possible drainers, the first PS i visited he mention 100% sure i would have drainers. But my PS didn't said that and he wait, provable to know more ones i was open (oOoOuCh). My capsule felt hard a little bit, more on the base i was able to touched it right there, but that's all it's hard to tell really unless you are the PS on the surgery. I love my small breast too :) I am still swollen, today i came to sports chalet, the only place a find sports bra with zipper on front. They have a few models, i really liked the nike i get 2 mediums they fit tight and they are soft. I am still on arnica cream after shower and arnica homeopathy. Hope that helps. You should start taking arnica 12 homeopathy 2 or 3 days before your surgery ( i wish i did this) o well. February 27 :D Exiting!
anyone is austin,Tx been to Dr. Robinson in Westlake? looking for someone that will take my insurance and I feel comfortable with; that has done many explants as old as mine; many are into the facelifts
My PS removed mine, which i was surprised at. I'm not sure why, as I understand with saline implants the capsule is usually left in. Maybe because my left implant was attached to the breast and was painful so there may have been the need to remove mine. It is amazing how surgeons differ in their opinion of implant removal. I can feel lumps in my left breast so that may be scar tissue or even part if the capsule? I have no idea I'm just hoping he did the right thing for my case and a miracle will happen; that they suddenly lift and expand to a C cup- lol! I've no chance!! Happy healing x
Thanks, swollen now, but happy, Lol the only thing that expand was my vision, i can't relate big boobs with beauty anymore, that's for sure.
Hello lovely! I have 12 year saline implants, and had my explant consultation today. I asked many questions about capsule removal and this is what I got from the surgeon. 1. Capsules don't always have to be removed, only if they are extremely thick and calcified 2. Removing thin flexible capsules can cause more harm than good, as it causes much more bleeding during removal and does remove small amounts of breast tissue. Thin 'normal' capsules will heal together as the pocket closes and wont obscure mammograms or cause lumps or anything. 3. Local anesthesia is OK for saline implants with NO capsule removal 4. If there is any possibility the capsule is calcified or infected it needs to be removed, and general anesthesia has to be used because it is a much more involved surgery. The surgeon I saw said he'd do in-office local anesthesia ONLY if he was 100% certain no capsule removal was necessary. If not 100% sure from external exam whether the capsule has to be removed, they will do surgery under general anesthesia so they have the option to do it if they find calcified capsules once you are opened up. If they do it under local, and then find you have the type of capsules that need removed, you aren't under the anesthesia so they can't really do it! The greater cost you paid is really for the Anesthesia. They have to have an anesthesiologist (2nd Dr) there to administer and monitor general anesthesia, and surgery is probably going to be done in a hospital or special Operating suite. The actual plastic surgeon's fee isn't what made the price go up so much - with general anesthesia you are paying for 2 Drs instead of one.
very informative....thank you
Thanks for the info, Definitely my PS did the right decision. I am happy with my PS, he did a good job i think, i am really swollen now, but i can see why he let the capsules if wasn't really necessary, and leaves a little more of breast tissue. Let as know about your surgery, i am sure you will feel allot better without implants, and you going to love your breast. My breast is small, not perfect and now looks swollen and not in shape "But i love my natural breast now". When is your surgery darling?
sometimes if the capsule surrounding the implant is very thin they don't feel a need to remove them because they say your body will take care of it naturally. . Usually only remove if they are thick. You look great !!
Thanks, i feel better without implants, "i can breathe" i am so thankful they are out! You are provable right, i just find a miss understanding between my PS and i , he never mention that if i have thin capsule he won't remove it. He always mention full capsulectomy. But it's ok, i will see hem in my next consultation and he can let me know how he so things insight, he is very professional and i am sure he did the right thing.
Your natural breasts look much better. You look great :)
Thanks you Darling, i feel so glad i was able to do this :) I agree natural breast looks better :) let's see how i look in a few weeks, i am exited :)
You look and sound great. If I were you , I would call the PS office tomorrow and leave a message for him to return your call; there is no need for you to be worried over the next 10 days trying to figure how WHY something wasn't done you were expecting to be done for health reasons; and the second question about why the overbilling. First thing is the WHY not? Then I'm sure someone in billing will have to get a correction from the PS's people to reduce that charge; if you sit idle; they aren't going to give you back anything unless you press the issue. I'm pretty sure I will have to have the capsule removed because of the rupture and they have been in so long; that's why I'm thinking that I can't do it with a local; and afraid of a longer recovery time. Sleep well and Yeah! it's Over. Congrats.
When I had them put in 30 yrs ago ( yes that is no typo, 30); had local and I only have very tiny scars which I have to point out to docs on the sides,not under. They are silicone. One has now ruptured. A year ago I started having pain in top of shoulder, under shoulder blade and almost down center of chest slightly to right of center. I went to Cardo doc; had the stress test, MRI for calicum buildup; all okay; had shoulder xray, nothing. Had neck MRI; shows bone spurs; ( which is common for my age); I was sent to pain doc; pain doc says all this pain coming from neck; did aquatic PT, take Lyrica, ( and Hydro 5mg and muscle relaxer some times, both really don't help) been to two P.S.; and I ask could this shoulder pain,etc be coming from implant. They say "no". ( The pain is on the right shoulder, the rupture is on the left breast. It's not just a little twinge of pain; it's where it is changing who I am & controls my life.) I am going to Neuro doc next week. I've been in such pain that I have been putting off explanting. I ask the PS what would happen if I did not explant and he said "nothing" ; but after reading post and researching it seems that it could be. I'm worried about if I go through with explanting right now and it only adds pain and it doesn't cure the pain problem??? I had the smallest implants put in; so I don't think it's an additonal weight on my shoulder problem...You "youngens" have breezed through explanting on a local; I'm worried about not breezing .I have 3 gchildren; and I need to get back to life. I am someone who rarely went to doctors until this past year. Guess I'll have a little more direction after seeing Neuro doc on Feb 7. Y'all have already been so helpful. I live in Austin Tx.
Hello 80'sgirl. First of all i hope you the best in your path, just read more and more and get to know the root of the problem, you can do this. I know how concerning this can be, you feel pain and you have a ruptured implant. You mention that you have a rupture and that's what i find as a concern #1, why? because your body has toxings now that you don't know how much can affect you darling. I would say take it out. My experience about pain is this. I had implants 11 years ago, and with no rupture my body start to feel exhausted firs, i was practicing yoga often but one day my lower back was hurting allot, i realized was my sciatic nerve for no apparent reason one day start hurting even walking was difficult, so i stop doing allot of sports. Everybody is different, i always been aware of my body and i new that the implants had something to do with all this new thing i was suffering past 1 and 1/2 years , i eat healthy i was exercising, and even like that i had stress on my neck, pain on my back ( my ribs hurt i was waking up at night and change position pain position was changing too) was then when i decide i can't continuo doing this, something told me where the breast implants, my boy after years was complaining. Something in my body that doesn't belong there. Short breathing, anxiety, my heart was taking all this and one day out of the blue "arrhythmia" and i was there starting my 30 years old feeling like 60. My doctor find my heart in good conditions, no real problem. I really connect the idea that the implants where causing this problems when my ribs starting to be very painful, if i slept on my right side that the pain move to the right side or vice versa. I am 1 day post op, and my first night (of cores with the help of a relaxing pill) i slept like a baby :) O my.. can't put in words how i feel today :) Hopefully this gives you another woman perspective and help in something. Your kits will appreciate that because you will be even more relax that that is over. And don't worry about pain post op, in my case the pain on my back was 10 time worst. Hope you feel better and please kip sharing, this website helps allot :) blessing
Thank you for the info; that's so sweet for you to share what all was going on with you. I also have the lower back,sciatic nerve problem. I had knees replaced back in '05 & '06; for some reason they didn't work. I'm small framed and 5'2" and that was before female knee joints and always wondered if joints are too large. I go up and down stairs on my butt, which using my arms could be a problem; but you'd think this would help build muscle. Now one hip is hurting. I wish I could go into the shop; like we do our autos; and have a "overhaul" lol. I can deal with the low back, knees and hips because I know what that is; it's the unknown burning pain in my chest, shoulder/blades. Some days when all the parts start aching at once, I start what I now know is an anxiety attack. I've gone to my Cardo twice thinking I was having a heart attack. I'm also thinking of getting checked for gall stones; as the research says this mimics symptons I have having. I'm worried that explanting of very old silicone is not going to be so easy. I've just got to find a PS here that I trust. The implants have been part of me so long; I don't know if I can ever look in a mirror again; and the small implants I have only made me look "normal". I tell myself that even though we go boating a lot; I haven't worn a "skimpy" swimsuit in years...... ( I also can't work at the computer over about 10 min at a time with the shoulder issue)... Thank you again for your suggestions and help; makes sense. Keep us updated... and best of luck ...May God Speed your healing.....hugs to you
Someone on this site recommended looking at the Susan kolb videos on her web site or you tube. She talks about ' the truth about implants' it may be relevant to you and your pain or it could be nothing connected to the implants. it's interesting viewing and explains the symptoms you are experiencing x