TT October 5th looking forward to the second half of the make over

I am 47 and I had my wonderful son at 41 and it...

I am 47 and I had my wonderful son at 41 and it can take a toll on you at that age when you gain an impresive 70lbs and have a 10.2lb baby.

I just kind of gave into my aged body and was trying to deal with the big change, but was approved and covered to have my breast reduced by insurance so I thought why not do both at once. TT/ Breast reduction with some lipo to even things out.

I am so happy to have found this site to read, learn and be prepard for the surgery.

I tend to over think everything so this is going to get worse before it gets better. I am doing my best to stay calm but it is going to be a roller coaster. I am not as worried about the pain as I am the anestisia(did i spell that right?) and not waking up or getting a clot....and when I DO wake up and being in so much pain not being able to snuggle with my son in the mornings when he comes to our room. I don't want to scare him or for him to pass the stage of wanting to be with Mommy while I am healing He is the BEST THING in the world. Ill post photos later.

Did anyone have quilting stitch with one drain?

Did anyone have quilting stitch with one drain?

Well less than 7 weeks to go. Wish I had it done...

Well less than 7 weeks to go. Wish I had it done last year, I'm on my way to Mexico next week and would have loved to wear a 2pc. I am trying to eat right and work out but not doing either very well the last 2weeks. I will try to keep at it while on vacation. I weigh 157 and wish I was 10-15 lbs less before surgery. I might be able to lose 8 before SURG. But will be tough.
Well just needed to put my goals out there and then I might just do it.

Well a set back :( my PS called me today and said...

Well a set back :( my PS called me today and said he talked with my Doctor and said I have some risks involved with my procedure and we does not feel comfortable to do the full Mommy make over at once. He wants to do the breast reduction and a little lipo then do the TT after he sees how I do. I thank him for looking out for me but I had everything planned down to the day and now I will have 2 surgeries and more time I will need to find to get this done. I know I could take it but better safe than sorry and to boot more $. I take medication to lower my immune system and he is afraid of infection and a lung issue I had several years ago.(but I am all better now:)) anyway back to the hard task to plan this. I don't know if I can do it within in this year with all the work I have and travel scheduled. Just had to vent.

Ok update is I will be getting my breast lift and...

Ok update is I will be getting my breast lift and lipo of flanks bra line and outer thighs on June 1 Then in a few months if time permits I will be getting my TT. PS feels safer doing the separate so I am not under for so long. Well at least I can get my outer thighs done now since I am having 2 surgeries now, he would not do all of it together before. little less nervous.......but still nervous.

Well one week away for the first 1/2 of my Mommy...

Well one week away for the first 1/2 of my Mommy Make over. I have my Breast reduction and lipo June 1st. Getting nervouse.
I posted pictures today and I hate them. I do have to say the are wider than i really am but the shape is correct and boy my breasts have sagged so much BLAH!!!!

Ok I am so ready for my TT. Just got my Breast...

Ok I am so ready for my TT. Just got my Breast reduction and lipo and feeling fine in a weeks time. Lipo was the hardest. I pS said I could do the TT in 6 weeks if I wanted to. Still a little scared of anesthesia but need really think I will regret it if I don't do it.....I NEED IT. I was so nervous the first couple of days about clots and my lungs and a heart attack. My mind flies. But feel real good....little sore but not much. Nothing but tylinol since day 3

Now to fine the time. I will need to take a week off work and then work from home for a week.

My breast still are sore and tender:( almost 4...

My breast still are sore and tender:( almost 4 weeks POI also am not too happy with my nipple placement. As low as they were before the lift... just with smaller breasts.
Also a little boxy. Looks strange naked but looks good in cloths. I can t seem to send pics via iPad or iPhone so will have to wait until I get to a laptop. doc said I need to let them settle but not sure they will settle in the right place. I'm hoping. If the sorriness goes away I don't think I will dwell on as much. When I go in for my TT maybe he can lift the nipple but then there is always the chance that It will not be what I want. Oh my what to do....

I am scheduled to get my TT on Oct 6th. My breast...

I am scheduled to get my TT on Oct 6th. My breast lift went well and is feeling good now. Still a little tender but good. I am going to ask when I go in for my TT to raise my nipples a littleif it is not too hard. They are just a little too low and I told him I wanted them higher. I was on the fence about getting the TT but I know I will be so happy when I do. A friend of mine who is a nurse said that blood clots ate most common when having surgery in the belly area.....That freaked me out!!!, I have a few more months to work out more and feel better but I don't want to lose too much weight since I don't want my breasts to get any smaller. Going from a F to a DD was small enough.

Well I'm 18 days PO went back to work at 7...

Well I'm 18 days PO went back to work at 7 days from home office and went back to work on the road today. What a day. I am really tight right now. It was a 9 hour day on the road and in meetings. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. As soon as I can stand straight all day and stretch I will be so happy. They say my cloths will get loose but right now they are a bit tight. I weigh a few lbs less but my waste and hips measure 1.5 inch larger. I am looking forward to the smaller version. Spirits are good but need more rest and really don't have much time to do so. I'm happy I'm on the other side of the hill now and looking foreword to the improved bod.
I have been out many times with friends and customers and not one person said I look thinner or different, but I guess I'm hunched over and it really is not weight lose but a flat belly. Wait I wear that little black dress for the Christmas party :)
I still have not told Anyone but my husband I got this done. But so glad I can check in here to talk about it.
I hope everyone is doing well.

Dr. D'Amore

Looking good nicksmom!!
I like your belly button way better than mine...but am super happy with what I have verses what I had!! blubbery yucky ick!

I will post more pics soon
your belly button looks perfect...
Hello Nicks Mom, How are you doing and feeling?
Nicks Mom, Thanks! My symptoms was a lot of swelling around the bottum of belly close to the incision. I was in pain, couldn't stand up straight, and I felt really tight all the time. I was so tight and had so much pressure, when I ate or had to use the bathroom it got tighter and painful. When driving in the car every bump in the road I felt in my stomach. It would jiggle.Since my PS drianed the area yesterday, I feel 100% now. I have more enegry and I look much smaller in the waist and stomach area. Thanks god!!! I think I may have to get it drained again nest week. I can see a jiggly spot on my right side developing. Hopefully I dont have to go through this weekly. You should probably get checked out by your PS. I was walking around for three weeks with seroma because I wasnt sure what is was suppose to look or feel like. I'm really glad to here from you Nick Mom! Please let me know what the out come is.
Hi glad you made it , and you look good! nobody knows I had it done either told everyone I was having a hernia repaired, and that seemed to work, I did't stand straight for at least 3 or 4 weeks.
Hi SF, i wish I would have told them I had somesort of surgery because now I'm hunched over and the back back story only works for so long. 3 weeks is pushing it. glad your doing well. I pushed too hard yesterday now up in the middle of the night with some pain:( and swollen real tight. I hope I feel better in the morning. I fly to SAn Diego today:(
You look good already. You're going to be one hot mama at that Xmas party!
Hey lady! Well worth the wait! Omg you look amazing! I too told everyone that iput my back out...it starts getting old at about 4 weeks out of surgery and you will still be telling people "oh yes I put my back out but it's getting better each day" for about 8 weeks after that. Lol
You look amazing. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am just so hard on myself. I want to see the workout queen before baby and 20 lbs lighter, but I am happier and to know I will be able to wear clothes without hiding my belly. It also gets me motivated to go back to the gym. I just stopped because everything I did would not make my belly go away. Now no excuse. Can't wait!!!
I can't wait to look like you!!!!
Thanks so much never thought I would hear those words again.
Finally got the TT.
That's great! How did it go. How are you feeling?
Hello Sassy, still sore and can't stand up straight but spirits are good. I have to say I worry too much and have to plan 3 days in advance of what I'm going to do since I have been back at work and need to make sure I won't be too swollen that part of the day I go out. I hate telling everyone I hurt my back because I have not told anyone about my surgery , not even my Mom or friends. The only person who knows is my husband so this sight is a great help. How are you?
I'm still waiting. When did you have your TT? You're back to work already. Mine is being covered while I'm out getting my foot surgery. So no one knows what all I'm getting done except for my assistant. The bent over part is what I'm worried about.
I am 17 PO and going back to work full time tomorrow and fly to San Diego Tuesday for the day all in heels and skirt... I am a little scared but I saved a few pain meds just in cast. I tend to walk fast but if I just go a little slower I'm better and can stand a little straighter. Some people are standing straight in 4 days and others 4 weeks. Try to think positive but don't worry if it takes time to heal. The back being out is the best excuse :) swelling is crazy but I had tension sutchers so the swelling has no place to go so I just get REAL tight then I hunch more. When you get it done stay on this sight it is really helpful. When do you get yours?
hey! Wondering how things went? Hope all is well and you are recovering good too :) Keep us updated!!!
Oh I am sorry to read your update for you. We kind of get all emotionally set for one thing and work through the nerves and everything, so when things get changed it is a bit heartbreaking. But all things are meant for a reason. I am sure your PS and your dr. Have your best intrest at heart and are concerned for your well being...which is a huge comfort.

Even though your final outcome will take a bit longer, your recovery will only have to focus on one part. Huge hugs girl!
may i ask who's your doctor? im from the bayarea too and planning on getting a mommy makeover.
Doctor McClure in Napa is great. And so is Dr. D'Amore in Marin. What part of the Bay Area are you from?
im from the east bay benecia
I would talk to Dr McClure in Napa I thinks he also has a office in Sonoma.
thanks! ive consulted with one doctor and he's charging me 20,000+
for the procedure i think its too much?
What are you getting done? I would for sure go see someone else. My first consult wanted 16,000 for breast lift and TT.
I am getting a TT with Lip of the flanks and the sides. My insurence is covering my breast lift. and i am paying 10,800.
$20,000 is alot but need to know what is being done and how much work/time there is.