I have fantasized about getting a TT for almost 5...

I have fantasized about getting a TT for almost 5 years. I am 42 years old and have 4 kids (23,18, 11, 5). My youngest was a c-section and that took my stomach from bad to worse! Surgery is scheduled for November 19th. One month and one day away!

I am reluctant to tell too many people, I just don't need their judgement. My mother doesn't even know. My sister knows I've had a consultation, but not that I have scheduled surgery. My husband and 18 year old daughter are very supportive. This is so exciting and will make a huge difference in my life! I can't imagine not having to powder under my "flap" after I shower and before exercise.
I also have not told many people just because I have no desire to discuss it with others and also as you said, I don't need to be judged.
Thanks everyone. I am beyond excited! I have never been a small person, and my weight fluctuates. My belly just makes clothing a challenge. My surgeon said I should have an excellent result and may not even need any lipo.
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

I told my mom

I told my mom yesterday. She said I was nuts, and that was a lot better than what I was expecting. 29 days to go!
No one knows, I am scared to share.
I was and still am afraid to tell family and friends. And even more reluctant to tell my co-workers. So far only my manager knows because I had to request the time off. Good luck with it all. I'll have mine done 6 days before yours.
My parents think I'm crazy too.... my dad won't acknowledge it and my mom doesn't think it's worth the risk :-( I think it's worth my happiness!

28 days!

I am exactly 4 weeks out today. My plan is to do an hour of cardio 6 days a week (I usually do 4 days a week), cut out red meat and alcohol until after the surgery. Hopefully I can drop a few more pounds before the surgery.
Good luck! Can't wait to see wonderful flat recovery pics!
Never told mine...told my daughter and every so often when her friends are I've they want to see my belly.. Dwell on the positive!

Got a tip yesterday

I went for a Brazilian wax yesterday, and told the lady that I was having a TT in November. She had one 4 years ago in Brazil. She said that her surgeon told her to drink lots of coconut water after surgery. She did and said that she did not have much trouble with swelling. She didn't even have drains. So, time to stock up on coconut water!
Thanks for the tip!!

Less than 3 weeks

My pre-op appointment is Monday (11-4). It is hard to believe it is almost here! I am planning to look for a recliner on craigslist to sleep in. My bed is really high off the ground and I don't think I will be able to get in and out of it for at least several days after surgery.

I'm hurting already!

Went formy pre-op and paid the balance today. I got my prescriptions filled and am putting all my supplies together in a small bag so everything will be in one place. I also got a chair for the shower. After all the money I have spent so far I really don't want to buy a recliner with a pull handle or rent a hospital bed. I guess I will just put a step stool beside my bed so I can get up there and use lots and lots of pillows to prop myself up the right way. I would sleep in the guest bedroom, but I am afraid that I will need my husband's help in the middle of the night. I am getting the experel injections in my ab muscles and that will keep them numb for 72 hours after surgery. My PS has had excellent results with the Experel. The morning of my surgery I am to take 2 muscle relaxers (after surgery dose is 1) so that my muscles will be nice and loose for him to tighten them. I am planning to wear my pajamas that morning as I won't want to change once I get home.

Now I need to find some recipes that freeze well so we will have a few nights worth of dinner on stand by.

I will take a pic of my supplies and post it later so maybe you guys can tell me if I am missing anything.
How exciting to get to follow along with you. Please post photos and updates as you go thru the process. I have not told a soul. Two close friends, and immediate family know I am having old ruptured implants out. I figure that will explain my downtime well enough. No one's biz but mine, right? Please do tell what supplies? Mine is the 19th. Not sure what I need beyond antibiotic ointment.
Excited for you !!! Cant wait to see more pictures of your story :)
Yay for you!! I had the experel too- and never felt any major pain....I think that is good stuff!!!!! Keep getting strong! It will help with your recovery!

Last hoorah before surgery

My husband and I brought the 2 boys to Gatlinburg for the weekend. We are headed home tomorrow morning. Last night I was so exhausted from the road that I almost forgot to think about my upcoming surgery. Right before I went to sleep I rolled over and had to drag over a pillow to put between my skin flap and the bed (I don't know why, but it grosses me out when my belly flops around and touches things). Although I am not looking forward to the pain of recovery, I am SUPER excited to not ALWAYS be making accommodations for my belly flap any more! It dictates what I wear, how I sleep, my after shower routine, and plays a big part in how I feel about my physical body. I am ready for the flat side.
Hello, just wishing you good luck. I live in Australia and I am at day 4 post op now. My op is very similar to yours, I had lippo on my hips as well as the TT. I'm still trying to find the cord to load my photos from my phone to the computer which is not easy from this recliner chair. haha! I have found this site so helpful with regard to my recovery. Eat very low sodium just before and after your op. Pay every attention to not allowing constipation to happen. It makes the pain worse and the gas builds up behind it and hurts.. I cleaned my tummy out two days before surgery and then ate easily digestible foods for the days before the op and took those acidophilus tablets every day to recolonise my gut with healthy bacteria. Laxatives can flush out all the good ones. The other fantastic thing I learned from this site was the use of a recliner chair. It really helps with getting up and down and saves your helper's back's too. I've been using suppositories too. It's really hard to help the wind and poo out and the suppository is more gentle and instant than some laxatives. So far I'm only taking normal paracetemol every 6 hours and I have very little pain now. The painkillers stop your bowel working properly and the pain of that makes you need more painkillers and then you are in a vicious cycle of pain, medication and constipation. Your surgery is on the day I get my stitches out. I'll be thinking of you and know that you are not alone. You are giving up all the emotional pain your tummy has caused you and paying the price with pain and patience. That's the way I look at it. 27 years of grief gone in exchange for a bit of pain and suffering. It has to be worth it. This site is so good and filled with so many understanding women. Best wishes x
Thank you so much! I have thought about getting a recliner, but haven't done it yet. I have already cut my food intake down in general and sodium way down. I can't believe it's almost here! From what I have read I will have to watch the sodium for a long while.
My doctor was adamant about a low (or no!) sodium diet being a huge factor in having a nice flat scar, no ripples. He never mentioned a recliner, and I did fine without one, but I imagine one would be nice to have.

What am I missing?

Here is my bag of supplies for after surgery. I also have a shower chair as well as a small step stool to get in the bed. Do any of you see that I've missed anything?
Can't really see the supplies photo very clearly, but I wanted to say that I had to clean my incision with hydrogen peroxide the first week, and I think put on antibiotic ointment? Blurry memory, now. I remember having maxi pads to put across it if it bled...I got the supply pack from my PS. Had blue pads for my bed in case my lipo holes were oozing. I was lucky and I had very little of that, but most people seem to have more. Good luck!
Good luck hun
You must be really excited now. I kept a pump pack of alcohol gel for hands for after the toilet in case I couldn't make it to the bathroom to handwash in a hurry. Nice size 18 granny undies are great. Napisan and a lingere bag for washing your pressure garments is helpful. I clipped my nails short the night before surgery so to prevent germs too. A water bottle to keep near you and skin moisturiser for when you don't have a shower so that you feel less crusty. I am already onto my second box of 10 suppositories at day 7. Would be in alot of pain without them.

5 more sleeps!

Today has been busy. I got my nails done and a pedicure, and had the oven repaired as well as the regular stuff. Tomorrow I am getting a haircut and hopefully buying toys and school supplies for our shoebox donations for Operation Christmas Child ay my sons's school. My oldest is 23 has lived in Houston, TX since March of this year. She is coming home for Thanksgiving and we are having Christmas pictures made the day before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will be doing well enough to handle it, but she is only here for a week and I don't have any other time to get all of us together!

I can't believe this is actually finally happening! My husband and I were talking about it and he thinks I will do fine. The lady that does my Brazillian waxing said I will be fine because I have a high pain tolerance. When she told me that I had to laugh because she of all people would know! Anyway, I am hanging my hopes on thinking that it can't be worse than the c-section....maybe not even as bad. Guess I will find out soon enough!
Yay!!! We r surgery twins!! Can't wait. We r going to be flat in 3 more sleeps!!! I'm glad I read your post about coconut water I'm going to get some too. Here's to the next 3 days going by suuuuuper fast
Isn't it so surreal? I am really getting scared now.
Nooooooo!!! Don't be scared. It will all work out and we will be without our saggy skin!!!! Yayyyy!!!! Good vibes your way so you can relax and it will come quick for both of us ! Xoxx

Less than 48 hours

We are down to the wire. It has been raining here for the last 2 days and my two dogs have tracked up my kitchen floor something terrible! I really hope I can clean it tomorrow, but if it is still raining I probably won't; it would be futile.

Today at church the top part of my tights kept rolling down and settling in the roll where my belly button is. My skinny girl shaping tank kept rolling up from the bottom and my shaping boy shorts kept rolling down from the top. This is nothing new, it is like this all the time for me. It is strange to realize that after Tuesday my tummy will be better. Blows my mind.

I am so nervous. Will they give me something to calm my nerves before surgery?
I agree, rest and meds, stay on top of your pain meds so you don't get to hurting too bad, when you get a chance you might want to take some milk of magnesia for constipation, seems to happen to all of us, you are gonna be sore for a while but you did it, welcome to the flat side and keep us updated !
Rest and meds...it will get better each day. I'm days post op and getting better each day.
Congratulations! You made it

The last supper

So, I just finished eating dinner. My last meal before surgery tomorrow. I am going to drink lots of water tonight before midnight so I will be well hydrated tomorrow. I think I will cook pancakes for the family in the morning since I won't be cooking for them for a few days after that.

I am supposed to be at the surgical center at 7:30. I am so excited and nervous!

Home

I very sore. Drowsy too. Time for a nap and then pain mess at 4. Ouch'
Good healing You look small already chick
Yay! Get some rest and happy healing!

Pee and a pic

Went to pee on my own! One drain is almost full and one is nearly empty.

I did it!

I am pretty coherent right now so I thought I would write about my day today as much for me as everyone else. When I woke up in recovery, I was in a good deal of pain. I don't think the Exparel had kicked in yet maybe. They told me I had a coughing fit right when they put me under and right before came back up. That probably amused a lot of air in my belly, because I was VERY nauseated. I almost vomited, but they gave me a couple of doses of phenergan and it passed. Mostly my pain I the recovery room was a burning sensation. When we got back home I drank a liter of. Of coconut water and have been drinking lots of water since then. I am not having any problems peeing, so that is good. I did. Ot get a toilet seat riser and was concerned that I may need one, but so far it hasn't been an issue.

Only one drain seems to be filling, but I don't think it is anything to worry about as long as something is coming out. I am getting around all right to keep blood clots away, and am taking deep breaths every hour like I am supposed to.

When we got home today, I lifted my shirt to show my daughter my compression garment and the drains and she told me she could tell I was smaller already! This hunched walking is brutal on the back, let me tell you! I have already walked up the stairs to the bedroom and back down, it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. So far my experience is not nearly as bad as the c-section.

My husband and kids have been great about helping, here's hoping it onit use for as long as I need it.

I can't believe idi it! Crazy!
Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more of your progress :)
Congrats! Looking forward to following you on your journey.
Yaye! Congratulations, you sure do look smaller. You are going to love it. x

Shower

I just took a shower and had hubby snap some pics. Hopefully this is swelling, because I think I look huge!
Congrats hon, you look great!
you are looking great, swelling is expected, take it easy, don't over do anything but yes get up and walk some now and then to keep circulation going, I think you will love your results
You look real flat Hun it's such a transformation

Creepy crawly sensation under the skin

What is that? I have read others on here talk about it, and now I know what they mean! At least it doesn't hurt?

And oh lord, my vajayjay is so swollen it looks like it might burst! It's also nice and purple. Looks like my incision is very low. I can't wait to see my belly button!

Poop!

I have successfully had my first post-op BM. Pretty exciting stuff!
I think the creepy crawly feeling is your nerves trying to come back and your body healing back together, glad you had your BM, lol, but does make you feel better, swelling is normal just hope it doesn't get too bad for you, glad you made it to the flat side, best wishes
Oops forgot my creepy crawly sensation is gone now, it got duller around day 6 then somewhere about day 10 it had completely gone. It feels weird though doesn't it.
Yaye for you, I don't want to call you Droopy Belly coz you're not!! You look great, my daughter the nurse said keeep those drains below the level of your incision and let gravity do its work. Congratulations you're doing terrific. x

Worst day so far!

I woke up twice during the night to pee. At 1 am, I felt ok and had no trouble getting out of or back into bed. I realize now that I should have taken a pain pill. At 4 am I woke up to pee again and had a very hard time getting out of bed. I did take the pain pill that I had left on my night stand at that time. At 5:15 we got up and came downstairs, I took a muscle relaxer and antibiotic when we got to the kitchen. Just a few minutes ago I took TWO pain pills and an anti nausea pill. I am having a very hard time staying on top of the pain today. At this point I am wondering why I did this to myself!
It is true, may be hard to believe now, but the pain will subside and you will be glad you did this, I didn't feel very good at first either, hang in there it will get better and everybody is different, I was in pain for a while but it did continue to get better, if the pain meds are not working possibly you can call doc and get something different but it should let up some for you I hope......sending good thoughts your way
Next week when the pain subsides, you Will be so happy you did this! The pain is only temporary.
Thank you, I needed to hear that. Today has been rough!

My first look

And I am liking what I see.

Saw the doctor today

They removed the tape and I was relieved to see that the wound was not nearly as bloody as it looked through the tape. I thought that my belly button already looked pretty nice too! The doctor placed a foam pad under the inder to keep the elastic from making lines in my skin.

Today was my first day of swelling. I mean SWELLING! We went to Thanksgiving chapel at my boys's school, then to get a form notarized, to the doctor, and then to the grocery store. All that activity had me as tight as a drum! Just the first of many swelling days to come, I am sure.

On a positive note, my pain is much better today. After seeing my belly button for the first time in years today I am happy I did this!
Seriously, moving around after 3 days is amazing!!!! I am 3 months and I still swell a little at the end of the day, but I do feel much better! Happy healing to you!!
I am going to drink more coconut water today, it is supposed to help with the swelling.
Wow 3 days PO and your out and about!!! Superwomen!!! I didn't leave house for quiet sometime. The swelling get better some days and worst others. Somedays I'm praying I'm not gaining weight.. Looking good!!

Serious swelling

So, this swelling is no joke! My thighs and arms are a little sensitive because they are so swollen. Just now I asked my husband to put my knee socks on because I am a little cold; they will only go halfway up my calves! I have read everyone posting about swelling on here, but I had NO IDEA it would be this extreme! How long will it be until this goes down some?
Do you feel like the coconut water is helping? I'm 23 days pre-op, so I'm like you were--reading and absorbing all advice people dish out. You look really good so far! I can't believe how much you did on your 3rd day post-op! I figure I'll be pretty much bed-ridden still. But maybe not! My husband is a nurse, which is good news/bad news. Good: he can and will definitely be a HUGE source of help, but Bad: he has to work three shifts in a row after my surgery. I told him I would be sleeping a lot and not doing a whole lot so I thought this would be ok..... Did you/do you need a lot of assistance, or will I be ok here by myself while he's a work? Happy healing! Look forward to following your recovery!
Hey there. I needed help for everything the first couple of days. Today is 4 days PO for me and I have slept so much, more than any other day so far. The coconut water is probably helping. I am also drinking lots of water. I am carrying at least 10 lbs of swelling since the surgery though. 10 LBS! This swelling is for real. I am able to get in and out of bed by myself now . I need help drying off after a shower though, and of course need help putting CG on after a shower. I have to take it one moment at a time. Even now, I am not comfortable with being home alone more than a couple of hours.

Day 4 pics

I have slept more today than any other day so far . My daughter helped me get a shower just now and we got a few pics. I haven't pooped since Thursday so I may have to take something tonight.
Get as much sleep as you can and don't forget arnica and bromelain for the bruising if you are able to take it. Happy healing to you! :)
I need to order some of that online.
Oh I feel for you with all that swelling going on. There is no substitute for doing absolutely nothing except eat, rest and poop in the first few weeks. I've been adding lemon juice to my water bottle as it is a mild diuretic, not sure if it will help you but it makes the water more drinkable at best. These first few days are the worst and soon you'll be looking back on the hardest part. xx

New compression garment

OK, my CG is fraying around the bottom and it is clear that I am going to need another one. My drains come out on Tuesday, but I will still need to wear a stage 1 garment for a week after that. Any suggestions?
My TT was on the 20th so we're pretty much recovery partners. I totally went through the exact same problem with the pain management on day two. Spent 2 hours hunched over just waiting for the meds to kick in. Seemed like forever. Learned my lesson. Tried to keep a steady regiment so I wouldn't be surprised again. I'm still using my original compression garment and I'm already feeling it rise up in the back when I get into my chair. I try to pull it down but it still stays up. Not sure if I'll be getting a newer one or if the dr will just tighten it tomorrow. It wasn't doing that before so I wonder if I'm less swollen? I would keep wearing the same one or ask for a replacement. At your next visit. You won't be wearing it out too much more, right? They're a bit pricey. I went to Kohls and bought a spanx, cost me $45. It's the kind that has the shorts and goes up to the bra. Felt pretty tight when I bought it and it's less bulky than the reg CG. I've heard people use them two months post op.
If you still need a stage 1 ask your PS to give you another belt. Any of the other garments might be too tight for you. Take care! :)
I have the same one as you....its a band that wraps around. I like it. I washed it once and had to go around without it.....ugh....not a nice feeling at all. It was like I wanted my woobie back! lol I think it keeeps my swelling down. A lot of the women on here like the spanks...the biker short type. I have those but havent't tried to switch because I like this wrap around thingee. I switched my bra.....because the surgical one they gave me was too tight and was giving me abrasions. The PS got real funny about it.....he said he had to check it and went throught this whole process to approve the thing. Whatever you do decide on.....let your PS approve it....apparently it is a lot more important than we think. Happy healing!

Went to the grocery store

I got out of my PJ's and put on sweat pants to go to the store today. Look! No belly roll in the front! I was overjoyed! Makes the pain seem worth it.

My right drain has been leaking so I am washing my compression garment right now. I can't wait to get it back on, it feels unsafe without it!
i like the placement of your drains. the ones in the mons area looks really painful and hard to look at. happy healing
Your looking great and so straight
Congrats!!!!!

Drains are out!

Well, I got my drains out this morning. It was not painful in the least, I actually couldn't feel it at all. The right drain, which had been leaking since Sunday must have had a clog somewhere, because as soon as the nurse started to pull it out fluid started pouring out of me. Gross! My doctor prescribed me a water pill for the swelling. Hopefully that will improve soon.

In a cruel twist of fate, I seem to have picked up a stomach bug. I have thrown up twice today. Not on the top is my list of fun things to do a week after you get a tummy tuck.

I noticed my waist even through all the layers under my shirt. I think I'm going to be pleased withy results when I am finished healing.
Looking good honey
You look really nice. After the swelling goes down I bet you will be so very happy! I can't wait for my drains to come out so I can move around better.
Wow you look fantastic for one week and I can see that glow of happiness in your eye when we know we did it! Congratulations.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope all my realself friends are having a blessed Thanksgiving.

I am feeling pretty good today. My husband, two boys, and I went out to eat at a nice restaurant a little before noon. I couldn't even eat half of what I usually would eat on Thanksgiving. If only this only being able to eat 5 bites of food at a time would last a long long time! I just woke up from a nap and am considering what to do with the rest of our day.

Although I am still taking some pain pills, it is a lot fewer than several days ago. I think that in another week I will just be down to OTC meds. Coughing and laughing are only a little uncomfortable now, much better than the searing hot pain that they caused only a few days ago. And I know this is probably TMI, but I can now effectively wipe when I go potty!

So I don't have stitches on the outside of my incision, but I have noticed something that looks like fishing line on each end of the incision as well as in my belly button. When will my doctor remove these? I am hoping it will be next week at the 2 week check up.

I meant to take a picture when I was dressed up! but I am already back in my uniform of flannel pajamas. Oh well, there's always next time. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
So glad to hear you are over the first hump, you sound great. I had my bb stitches out and the little bit sticking out of the ends of my incision at day 12, so sounds about right. They snipped the bit at the ends of the incision so that the line inside can dissolve without tension. It didn't hurt to get the stitches out as its so numb around my bb. haha I laughed when I read your joy at wiping yourself. Everything I do seems to take me twice as long now too.
I had the suture line poking out too. after a few days of poking out they revealed themselves to be knots. They were removed at the following visit. the one in my bb didnt hurt, the one in my incision pinched a bit during removal. I ate like a pig after my tt, never affected my appetite much.
Yes, they are definitely knots on each end of the incision. Probably sticking out about a half inch on each side. Kind of annoying.

9 day belly pics

I had my hubby snap some pictures. I have to say, I like it already!
You're looking fantastic! I just had to go back and check your age and was expecting it to say 32-35! Honest.
You are my new best friend.
Looking good already. Make sure to stay on top of the meds and take it slow. One day at a time

Day 11

It is hard to believe 1 day can make such a difference!

Yesterday, my husband and I took the boys to an indoor trampoline park and let them jump for an hour and a half. After that, we took them to a cheap pizza buffet that is one of their favorite places to eat. We were out about 3.5 hours and I was so ready to get back home. I was having a hard time standing straight and started feeling like my CG was digging into me (it wasn't), and was just all around miserable.

Today I knew I had to go out to get my nails done, and I wasn't looking forward to it after my experience yesterday. BUT, it was a breeze. I went to pick up my prescriptions, got my nails done, picked up a few things at the grocery store and felt pretty good the whole time. I was walking straight and getting in and out of the car with no problem. I did put on 3 lbs of water weight from the time I left until I got back, but even though I am swollen I still feel pretty all right. Maybe I have turned a corner in my recovery.

Updated too fast

I submitted the update without adding all my pics. For kicks and giggles I tried on these panties, they were not comfortable on my tummy yet, but I think they look pretty good!
Great stuff

So my husband is driving me nuts

When did you all get released to do the horizontal bop?
Jiji, sound like mine husband, my Dr give me the clearance at 5 weeks, and to take easy and slow. Lol
Mine said 4 weeks too..
I had hysterectomy and couldn't resist my hubby and it just happened 5days after!! Oops all was fine

Two week check up

Doc released me for treadmill and elliptical today, and sex too. I go back for another check up in one month. I am feeling good the last 3 days.

I took some pics this morning, my left hip seems bigger and lumpier than my right hip. I hope at least some of it is swelling.
You look great! My surgery was just a couple of days after yours and our stats are similar. Great that your PS released you for "activities". I haven't been released yet. I can't wait! Great job!
You look great. I think that my cg gives me a different shape on the side where the zip is, do you find that. I know that when I leave it off for a while the two sides look more even.
I will check that. Last night I didn't sleep in the CG, so I will check it out when I get dressed to go to the gym.

Christmas decorating and my period.

Oh happy Day! If it had not been for some insane cramping today would have been my 1st day without a pain pill. Oh well. We got our Christmas tree for the family room today, a 12 foot Fraser Fir. I also decided to jump on the bandwagon of having multiple trees in the house, so I got. 6.5 foot pre lit artificial tree for upstairs. Anyway, I am so tired and we aren't even finished putting everything up. Tomorrow is another day!
You are lookin great!
Yea! We've had the tree up a week or so now. Love the festive feel and family time! You look great!
Wow, two trees I haven't even gotten mine out of the shed yet!!

2.5 weeks

It's been a few days since I updated, so let me tell you what is happening with my recovery. My wound is healing pretty well, there are still a few scabs left. The ridge under the incision is still huge so I am hoping it is because the stitches haven't dissolved yet. I am hoping it flattens out some. I am so tired of sleeping on my back. I have tried a couple of times to sleep on my side and it was very uncomfortable! Also, I have now experienced the waterbed effect first hand. It is so strange to feel that water swooshing around under your skin!

My husband and I went to our first Christmas party of the season last night. I loved the way I looked in my party dress: HUGE boobs and a flat belly. I felt like a non cartoon version of Betty Boop or Jessica Rabbit. I will always be curvy, that's just a fact of life. However, I can't express how wonderful it feels to see my reflection in a mirror and be happy about how I look. I would do this all over in a heartbeat!
Curvy is good, you look great happy healing
so glad you are happy, that is so important, and you do look great
U look great!

3 weeks today!

Today is exactly 3 weeks since my TT. My skin seems to be reattaching to the fascia, especially above my belly button. Also, the numbness above my belly button is decreasing. Still very numb below the belly button.

I went to the dentist yesterday and decided to put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a long time because of the way they dug into my stomach. I was so happy! I saw my reflection and didn't think I looked fat! Then my daughter saw me in some black leggings and told me I looked skinny! Awesomeness!
You look great!Happy healing,keep us posted
awesome !
You look great!! God Bless

4 weeks after TT

I am *almost* feeling back to normal now. The MR is what makes the recovery take so long. Just within the last week I have started sleeping on my side again. Yay! I can sort of stretch when I wake up in the morning. I have lost a few more pounds the last couple of weeks, so that is nice. I am noticing the strange hump on my left hip is started going down some and that is a huge relief, it looks a little strange!

An old friend of mine is having her TT today, and she is super excited. In all honesty though, I would not want to repeat the first week after surgery. Brutal stuff!

My stitches must be starting to break down. On Sunday I notices something poking out and I pulled it and this pretty long stitch came out. Kind of gross! I have started using silicone sheets on my scar, but am thinking about switching to a gel because the sheets are kind of a pain.

I'm off to the gym. Happy healing, everyone!
Omfg,,,!,, you look soo flat What weight was you preop? I got my tt tomorrow ifbi look like you after 4 weeks I will be chuffed
Good luck. The first 3 days are brutal, but it gets better after that.
sounds great and yes sheets are kind of a pain I agree

Achy breaky mons!

The top of my girly parts hurts so bad!
you really have some great results !

Mons pain

The top of my hoo-ha is killing me!
Yes! you look fantastic. Your bb is great too. So nice and round. My mons has been the same since returning back to work.
It started bothering me when I stopped wearing compression garments at 4 weeks.
lol @ hoo ha. sorry about the pain. you look great

More sore than I was last week

I am really not sure why, but the last several days I have felt different. The first few days of week 5 my mons was very swollen and tender. That seems to be better now, but my abs are all of a sudden very sore, like I have done 10 thousand sit ups. It is not painful, jut sore. I haven't been overdoing it and have definitely not done any a work. Today it seems to be a little better, so as long as the improvement keeps up I am going to assume this is normal healing.

On a super fun note, sickness seems to have descended upon our house just in time for Christmas. My husband has been sick with cough and cold symptoms for 4 days. Today my baby boy says his throat hurts too, but it. A hard to tell with him, he may just be copying daddy!

I am attaching some pictures from a few days ago. My scar is a little darker, it is in the "looking worse before it looks better" phase.
Looking great! Your progress is amazing thank you for sharing.
You look great!I think your scar doing fine.I finihed the 6 weeks and my scar is darker than yours :) I have that feeling too,my abbs especially the upper are sore.We'll be better!Happy healing
you look very good, glad you are doing well, and with me I went thru all kinds of stages of feeling different, sore one day, not so bad the next, off and one for a long time, sounds like normal healing to me, best wishes and happy holidays

Feeling groovy

I am almost to 6 weeks post op now, and I am feeling pretty good. Just a teeny bit sore and was even able to chase my 5 year old son 2 days ago....it didn't even hurt!
Glad you are still doing great :-)) I can run a short jog now too, I surprised myself the other day, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
glad you are doing well, you look great
That's awesome! Less than 2 months for me eeeek...

6 week belly pic

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks. Here is a picture I took right after my shower this morning.
Lookin great!
Looking great! I really like your bb!
You look great !

8 weeks and 4 days

It's been a while since I updated. Tomorrow I will hit the 2 month mark, and can pretty much do anything I want, even crunches. Yikes!

Things are almost completely back to normal. I have started taking care of the housework at the same level as I did before surgery. I can pick up my 40 lb 5 year old now with no problem. There is a slightly raised round place directly above my belly button. I noticed it a few weeks ago, and showed it to my doc on the last visit, but he did not seem too concerned. I don't go back until April 11 so we will see how it is then.

At this point, I am thinking I may need lipo or cool sculpting on my hips, but now that I will be stepping up my activity again I will just see how that looks by April when I go back to the doc.

We are in San Antonio, TX for a few days to see The Alamo and visit a new place. We got in last night, so I can't wait to see this pretty place in daylight!
Wow!!!!! What a HUGE transformation! Your incisions looked so painful. :( Yet... On your photo update from day 9 to day 11? Amaaaaazing. Your bob is too cute. Hope you are continuing to do well.
BB (belly button) -- gawwwwd, lol
Thank you! My daughter says my bb makes me look like an experiment.

10 weeks

I am feeling good at 10 weeks. I started the weight machines again, and am able to do crunches with no problem. I have also started weight watchers to lose a few more lbs. by the time I go back to the doctor in April I want to have a good idea of whether or not I am going to need lipo.

Guess what? When I flex my abs I can actually see it now! I have abs, who knew?

My belly is still numb, but the numb area does seem to be decreasing slowly. My stitches must be dissolved now, and I had very few of them that my body pushed out and I had to remove myself. The right side of my scar seems to be lumpier than the left side which is pretty flat. I don't really care about the scar though, my main concern was getting rid of the skin apron.
You are looking really good. What is your goal weight?
You are looking really great! Good for you!
Thank you. I got my first 2 piece bathing suit since 1989 the other day! My stomach hasn't been exposed to the sun in so long it will probably burn pretty quick!

10 weeks, covered in snow

We are covered in snow here in Georgia. No, we don't like it.
Hello dbg, glad you are still going great. Gee your bb is nice, so natural. We are cooking like a roast here in Australia, never had one so hot before. Climate change is upon us all for sure.
You are looking wonderful! Are you wearing your binder? Being stuck in the house from this weather sucks but I think I will try a workout video!! When did you start crunches?
My doc released me to do ab work at 2 months, so it was January 19th. We were in San Antonio at that time, so I actually started them a few days later when we got back. Yeah, this weather situation is nuts. I hope we get some thawing going on today. The hose for our pool vacuum cleaner broke because it is so cold. I don't think I've ever seen a winter this cold here!

12 weeks!

I can hardly believe 12 weeks has passed since my tummy tuck. I am feeling good and so glad I did this. My day to day activities are completely back to normal now. The numb area on my stomach seems to be getting a tiny bit smaller over time. I still have swelling above my belly button, but from what I understand, the swelling will go on for a while longer. It's not terrible, but just enough to notice it.

It is snowing / sleeting here again today. I am so ready for Spring!
I loooooove your results! Wow. You have made such a remarkable transformation! Some of your posts were exactly what I needed to feed my brain tonight.. Want to thank you & let you know I'm proud of you. Inspiring! :)
Thank you!
I'm just closing in on 5 months and thought I was over the swelling, until I unswelled some more! So great to have that skinny-er feeling! You look great! Sorry about all the snow and sleet. We are near 65 today in southern ok, I'll think of you in the sunshine today! Lol! Loved Georgia, the most beautiful place Ive ever lived. Hopefully the weather will change soon!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon