I consulted for ab/flank lipo and was 10 lbs over...

I consulted for ab/flank lipo and was 10 lbs over my ideal weight. He recommended a little inner/outer thigh since it wouldn't be much more and it would "smooth out" the silhouette. I regret the day I ever met him. He performed lipo in an area I did not consent to and ruined my thighs and butt. He gave me a DOUBLE GLUTEAL fold under both cheeks which is the result of overaggressive lipo. Over the past 1 1/2 years he did a revision and 2 fat transfers which did not take, probably because he spent 20 minutes on the fat transfers. Two 1/2 years later, the problem still exists, and I have nerve damage AND it hurts to sit. I have years of fat transfers ahead of me at a cost of $25,000 and counting.

Has anyone had a good experience with fat...

Has anyone had a good experience with fat transfers to repair excessive liposuction?

I was told that cellulaze or vaser hi-def lipo may...

I was told that cellulaze or vaser hi-def lipo may correct this problem. Has anyone had success with this procedure?

Scheduled for fat grafting with Dr. Sydney Coleman...

Scheduled for fat grafting with Dr. Sydney Coleman in NYC in July. Praying for a positive outcome! Will post pictures after the grafting.

Fat transfer is scheduled for Wed morning with Dr....

Fat transfer is scheduled for Wed morning with Dr. Sydney Coleman. I am so excited to get the unsightly creases filled in and get my butt off the backs of my thighs. I hope and pray he is successful in repairing Thomas Lintner's overly aggressive lipo, I have been disfigured for almost 3 years now and am grateful to have the opportunity to have this deformity fixed.
Will post more photos soon.

1 week after the fat transfers and so far,so good....

1 week after the fat transfers and so far,so good. Still extremely sore and the only comfortable position is standing or lying down with legs extremely elevated. The double gluteal folds are gone as are the extensive creases that extended to the outer thighs. Was it worth it? So far....YES! I am very pleased with the results so far. I will never have my former butt back, but this is such a huge improvement. I need to stay off the thigh area for another 2 weeks. The fat was harvested from the flank/back area. All was used in the backs of my thighs and the extra was placed in the outer hip area. I will post more photos in another week.

Its been 4 weeks since Dr. Coleman did the fat...

Its been 4 weeks since Dr. Coleman did the fat transfers. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, but the areas are still extremely tender. When I exercise it feels like little needles are piercing the harvested areas and the area where the fat was transferred. Not painful, just a very very strange sensation. Still uncomfortable to sit. New pictures are posted. I may need a little touch up, but it is a huge improvement!

It has been 9 weeks since the fat transfers and so...

It has been 9 weeks since the fat transfers and so far, most has stayed. I appreciate everyone's comments and well wishes. I only wish my bad lipo result was not so common. It seems there are many of us that have suffered from incompetent plastic surgeons. I will probably need some more transfers in Feb or March, which is the earliest date. The side view looks so much better than post lipo. The backside is improved also, but there is some unevenness and slight creasing where the double gluteal fold was.

Many people have asked about the texture of the skin and fat transfers. Prior to lipo, my legs and butt were firm. After lipo, the area was very loose, soft, "scwishy" and just vacant. I was missing what appeared to be about a 2 inch band of tissue across the backs of my legs. The indentation was even more exaggerated if I lifted my leg up slightly or lay on my side. The area above and below the lipo was still very firm. The legs were no longer supporting the butt and the butt was holding up the legs (Dr. Lintner may as well have used a chain saw to obtain a similar result). The fat transfers has made the area feel smooth as there is less indentations, but there is still a noticeable difference in the texture. It is not as firm as my butt or legs. The area that was filled in is very, very soft. Afterall, it was fat that was injected and there is not much connective tissue there anymore. This may improve with time, and I will update every few weeks or so. Like all of you, I wish we could go back in time and never have the lipo. I will never have my body back. The appearance is much better, but there is a definite difference in the skin tone.

As far as the sensitivity, it is still extremely tender. Its painful to sit for any extended period, and any hard surface is out of the question for a seat. Hopefully this will improve with time as well.

If you have any questions about the fat transfer, please send me a message and I will be happy to answer.

Here are new photos, 5 months after fat transfers....

Here are new photos, 5 months after fat transfers. I would have to estimate that 80-90% of the fat has stayed, but its hard to tell, due to the intense swelling after the transfers. I was "bootylicious" for awhile! lol
The texture of the areas is still "mushy" and I have very slight scarring, which should continue to improve. It felt great to walk on the beach last week in a swimsuit and be confident.

10 months after fat transfers

Here are several side, front and back sides of the fat transfers. Most is still here. I could use a little "tweaking", but hopeful to accomplish changes by limiting calories, eating whole foods, and working out 5 days a week. So far so good, but need to focus on glutes more. The areas look much better now than after Lintner's fiasco. Dr. Coleman did a wonderful job building up the areas.

1 Year Later

It has been 1 year since Dr Coleman performed the fat transfers. I am very happy with the results and the areas are greatly improved. Most of the scars have faded. I am seeing him in 1 week while in NYC. I would love to have no visible creases from the side, but not sure if I have enough fat left for any transfers. He will take pictures next week and I will post those. Please contact me if any questions!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

FIND ANOTHER SURGEON! He is only interested in your money, not the outcome. Wish I could give him 0 stars.

I love your story and thank goodness you were able to locate someone who was able to correct all of that it looks really good
Hey! How you doing? Are you still glad that you went to Dr. Coleman? I am still debating and saving. Thanks for replying.
Well, we are on the same boat..I am going to consult him soon..Also saving money now...
Thank you for your sharing .I have the same problems. I heard there is another doctor in Dr.Coleman 's plastic surgery, she is Dr. Saboeiro. Is she good at correct liposuction deformities? Thank you very much.
How was your follow-up with Dr. Coleman. Will you post photos? Thanks!
I have the same problem and then some. I had lipo with Dr. Randal Haworth in LA and now my crease is way lower and it goes all the way to the sides. I also have hypopigmented scars all over my abdomen (not at the incision site but from him burning my skin with the laser from underneath). I have dents and deep gouges on my lower back and stomach as well. There are no words to describe how devastated I am over this. It has been two years since my surgery and I have been hiding ever since (he left my face damaged as well). I don't know that I'll ever wear a swimsuit again or let a man see me without clothing. I feel like Frankenstein's monster :( I am having corrective lipo/fat transfer next week but I don't have a whole lot of body fat to work with either. These photos give me hope that maybe my situation can be improved. Your results look really good. I looked up Dr. Coleman and there is a lot of conflicting info about him which scares me :( I think they all scare me at this point after having such a life ruining experience, but I know that I can't leave it the way it is though or I'll never be able to get past this emotionally. I literally cry when I see myself and have gotten to the point where I try my best not to look in mirrors anymore. Thank you for posting your photos, very brave of you, and congratulations on such a nice improvement.
Is his full name Sydney R. Coleman? Just wanting to be sure..
Sorry for the silly question, you mentioned his full name earlier :) Just saw it..
I salute you for your courage to post those photos.. I am very happy for you that your correction surgery went good and your results are beautiful.. I have an almost identical problem to yours. I had lipo on banana roll, outer and inner thighs and now I have a big depression under my butt causing it to fall and giving me an elongated shaped butt. I am still looking around and hearing people's stories and advice before I make any decision. I will certainly look into Dr. Coleman.. Thanks again for sharing this..
To: MIMU I am relieved you see that Dr. Lintner did wrong. So sorry that you had bad liposuction. I hope your revision goes well, you find peace and can love your body again. Best Wishes!
You look GREAT! Dr. Coleman did a wonderful job correcting and filling in the areas that were botched. Simply amazing that he was able to fix this area. I have heard this area is difficult to impossible to fix but seems like it's the skill of the doctor that really makes a difference. Obviously Dr. Coleman knows how to handle delicate fat cells. I have the same issues as you and I'm planning to get the corrective surgery with Dr. Coleman. Consulting with him this Thursday!!
To: MIMU I was so heated when I saw your comment that I forgot to say...The problem with Dr. Lintner began when he liposuctioned an area that was not agreed upon by the patient. Kaf123 never agreed to the banana roll area being liposuctioned. Kaf123 liked her butt, but wanted a little off her inner and outer thighs. Plastic surgeons should never touch an area not agreed upon. I was lipoed in 3 areas that I didn't agree upon and now have 3 problem areas. My doctor acted as if she was doing me a favor...no she didn't, she caused 3 problem areas.
To: MIMU You are rude! If you did your research...you would find it is not recommended to liposuction the "Banana Roll" area AT ALL!!!! It is considered the "Bermuda Triangle" of liposuction. We pay the surgeons to be educated on what can and can not be done. Dr. Lintner as well as other surgeons who have liposuctioned this area should know better. As you read in kaf123's post...the fat transfers that were done by Lintner took 20 minutes and none of the fat took at all...it is apparent Lintner didn't do the transfers properly. Lintner did transfers because he knew he did kaf123 WRONG...he just wanted to be able to say as a defense that he tried the fat transfers to make the patient happy. Lintner was thinking ahead incase he was taken to court over this case. HE MESSED UP!!!!
amen ^^^ same thing happened to me...the doc is FULLY to blame
Sorry if you saw my comment as being rude, I just thought that the commend of him using a chain saw was a little "hard". Ofcourse I am not claiming he is a good surgeon. As i said " I would never go to him". And it's obvious he didn't knew what he was doing. He is not a good surgeon. Your probably right that he just did the grafts to stay strong in court, but I didn't think of that before. But don't tell me that I didn't do my research, you have now idea who I am, how i research and what I read. I am into this for 6 years now, searching and reading about liposuction. And I think saying, that a banana roll should never be liposuctioned is completely wrong! It depends on the person. There are a lot of women that have a banana roll and want to get rid of it, and it is a dangerous zone to do, and not easy for the surgeon! + In many cases if you would only perform on the sides or under the banana roll and just stop there, you would get a very weired bumb under your buttocks. In any case I am not here to fight under someone's review. I am on this forum to support/ to share my experience/help others and find my information. And as a said before, thank you a lot Kaf123 for you review, it helped me a lot! Now I know that my problem can be fixed, while first I thought I was disfigured for life.
And btw, thank you for your review!! really I searched all over the internet, to find a case, like mine --> droopy buttocks like yours, and you are the only review I found, where someone could make a great improvement! Really the only review! So it is very important that you wrote it, for many girls out there!!!
Hei :) First off all I am sorry for your experience, I have the same and I know how much it takes from a person to deal with this kind of issues. I think though that you are being a little hard on dr. Linter, (unless there is bad behavior that you didn't wrote in your review), yes he did do a very bad job! And I would not go to him, but there are many surgeons that create problems like this, it is a common mistake to take away to much fat right under the buttocks, which makes it droopy. In you review you wrote that he did a revision and two fat transfers!, So he did everything he could to give you a better result. He just couldn't fix it. I think you are very lucky with that, because most doctors that screw things up, just tell you that you look better then before/that they don't see the problem/ or they just don't answer anymore. I am happy to see that dr. Coleman did such a great job, you look very good right now!!! I will have a revision with my own dr., I think I can't afford dr. Coleman unfortunately + I am from europe. Can you tell me in a private message how much you had to pay for the transfer? Thnx a lot.
Dr. Lintner performed lipo in an area not agreed to and ruined my body. And no, it should not be a "common" mistake to take too much fat. It was a mistake for him to even lipo underneath the buttock. He didn't do everything to better the result....he intially said I had creases because he didn't take out enough fat and my butt was droopy because of my age and actually said, "You can't expect to have a firm butt your entire life". My butt was not droopy prior to his lipo. And he did keep telling my I looked better the entire time I was under his care. He gave me the double gluteal folds after his first revision, and wasted precious fat in his two failed fat transfers. Georgia has a 2 year statute of limitations. All he was trying to do is drag out the process to keep himself out of the court room. He should have at the very least refunded his fees.
I totally agree! ofcourse he should have refunded his fees. And yes I get that you are right, he didn't want to "help" you, by doing a revision, he did it to stay out of trouble, that is very clear now. A complete asshole that should have payed you at least enough money to have a revision with a great doctor that could improve his mistakes. + be banned from doing liposuction. Just as my doctor that ruined me when I was 18 (he didn't do any effort to help me and told me that I looked "better" in his eyes, in Europe you don't have rights when you do plastic surgery, so you are lucky when the surgeon will do you a revision for free). Thats why in the first place out of reading your review I didn't get his purpose of doing the revision. As said sorry for the consideration of him not being an asshole.
My PS was even worse. He completely knocked me out before he marked on my face the areas he wanted to lipo. I ended up in misery after I woke up from the operating table. He took the fats from the areas on my face which I never consented him. Even my routine facial beautician couldnt recognize me now. I feel my life is totally ruined by this particular doctor in Medan. And even worse, he denied his mistake. And refused to admit he took out my fats from certain part of my face which all other plastic surgeon could tell he did. He would definitely be punished by God for his malpractice. I am considering a fat grafting with Doctor Coleman, may I know when do you think the fat grafting results would stablize after the operation? what is the estimated fat survivial rate like? Many thanks.
how long couldn't you sit down for? I just had the same thing done 10 days ago and my dr. seems to think I can shit for short periods but im nervous the fat will dissolve. Coleman did an amazing job! you must be so relieved!!!
I tried to stay off the area for 4- 6 weeks due to the same worries. Yes, I am very relieved.
the second doctor did a nice job
Also, could you do a picture where you are slightly bent over...to see the area that was filled in? Thanks
I posted more photos today.