Best Decision Ever - Marietta, GA

I had a RNY gastric bypass Sept 2010, and two...

I had a RNY gastric bypass Sept 2010, and two years later I still think it was the best thing I have ever done. I went from 265lbs and 40+% body fat to 160lbs 20% fat! I feel great - no major complications, just lifestyle adjustments. I chose abdominoplasty after, as I had a pannus left, but needed no other cosmetic procedures.

I lifted weights regularly, walked several miles each night, and played judo a few times a week post-op, so I think the rate at which I lost is most likely not achievable for everyone.

Grandma~ Hi... I had the surgery late September and it is absolutely the best thing I have done. As far as eating, the only thing I really can't tolerate is rich sweets.... ice cream etc. which is an ok thing since you really don't want to eat that sort of thing anyways. Your feelings and emotions are totally normal... everyone goes through that.... Good Luck to you and look forward to starting your new life :)
I am having my surgery in May and excited...but scared all at the same time. I'm sure that is a common feeling. I want this so badly but scared of what it will be like regarding food afterwards.
Judo How are you doing now with your eating? Do you eat healthy foods or do you still eat food that you probably shouldnt but only in smaller amounts? Im trying so hard to get the mental outlook of eating healthy but right now Im doing this ok Im going to eat everything that I shouldnt before my surgery since I know I wont or shouldnt afterwards... this is my second surgery so this is nothing really new to me... but I know it will be different a gastric bypass vs a stomach stapling which is what I had done 20 some odd years ago and now has to be revised due to major scar tissue...tell me please what you are doing and how you are doing.... thanks
Marietta General Surgeon

Dr. Champion has since retired, so I won't spend time explaining how awesome he was - suffice to say, he was a wonderful choice :)