4 weeks tomorrow!

At 28 years old, I really miss my pre-pregnancy...

At 28 years old, I really miss my pre-pregnancy body! I was a young wife and mother - I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, who is now 7, one month before my 21st birthday; 21 months after giving birth to her, I had our second child, our son who is now 5. I struggled with post-partum and have not liked my body since giving birth to our children. I breastfed both of our children, our daughter for 3mths and our son for 6 months, and that greatly impacted the perkiness of my breasts. I remember waking up one morning while breastfeeding with huge breasts filled with milk thinking this must be what I would look like with breast implants! Too bad they deflated so rapidly once I stopped breastfeeding. ?

Over the last two years, I have gained about 20 lbs putting me at 140lbs on a 5’2” frame – which is considered overweight for my frame. The anti-anxiety medicine I take is also not helping my weight gain! Due to some recent happenings, I have taken a step back, evaluated what I really want to look like, and am making steps to get there. I decided plastic surgery was a serious option for me.

I finally went for a consultation about two weeks ago and was surprised at how much fun I had! I originally inquired about a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. After having two 8lb babies, the skin around my stomach is stretched but not as bad as a lot of others I have seen that have gone through tummy tuck surgery. I was shocked to see how expensive both surgeries were. Together, I would pay approximately $12-$13k. After some soul searching, I decided at this point, I really want just the boobs.

Here are my reasons:
• I am working out and toning up some, once I tone up I will evaluate if the pain and expense of a tummy tuck is for me
• If I had more volume and nicer breasts, I would not feel as self-conscience about my stomach
• I am not 100% sure I will not have any more children! Implants can survive a pregnancy, tummy tucks – not so much.

So, my adventure begins. I am almost 100% I have chosen the right surgeon. In fact, my husband and I go back tomorrow to see the before and after pictures that are exclusive to my surgeon. I am hoping my husband is just as excited as I am once he gets to play with the implants. Hee Hee

I am scared and excited at the same time. My fears are that my boobs will look funny, my nipples will be crooked, or I will hate the implants. After my consultation, I feel much better even though the fears are still there. Because I am a 34B now, my surgeon feels the tissue I already have will help my implants to have a more natural look. And once he measured my chest, my surgeon also said the size of a full C or small D would suit my frame. He was very open that I needed to look for images of people with breast like mine because if my nipples point one way now, they will only be worse with implants. My natural breast “look” will still exist – which is great for me. In addition to the implants, I am going to have him even my nipples. After breastfeeding one breast is slightly larger and my nipples are off from being in line with one another. I have decided on the gel implants versus the salt water filled due to the fact that they feel more natural. With all this said, my next steps include seeing the before and after pics for my surgeon’s work, and finding other images online that I can use to visually show my surgeon what I want and don’t want. Wish me luck! Thanks for sharing my journey with me. I will keep you informed as I go.

Update 10/2/2012: Last week my husband and I went...

Update 10/2/2012: Last week my husband and I went to pay the deposit on my new boobies. :-) With that said, my date is now officially November 15th! I am nervious, excited, scared, and guilt-ridden all at the same time. During our visit, I was able to try on a compression bra and different cc's of the gel implants. I think trying to determine cc's has been the hardest part. I am looking to go to a full C or small D - from what my consultant told me, with my current breast volume, I will only need 350-375cc's to get where I want. Since I am only 5'2", I am worried this size may look too big on me.

I am also on a mission to lose weight before the surgery. I was placed on anti-anxiety medication approximately 2 years ago and gained 20lbs. I am 140 and hope to be around 125 before the surgery. I am weaning off the medicine to see how I do and have been working out every other day with Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.

I have been researching the post-surgery roller coaster I will face and am embracing the fact that it will be approximately May when my boobs are where they are supposed to be. I keep hearing of "boob blues" where women don't like their implants for the first few weeks and start regretting their decision. I would love feedback on others who have experience these blues and how they handled it.

Thanks again for sharing my journey with me. I will post again in a few weeks - on November 2nd- when my pre-op is scheduled.

Update 10/04/2012: I have been searching for a...

Update 10/04/2012:

I have been searching for a nice, high impact zip-front sports bra for the last week. I know I will need one at some point in my recovery. Well, after searching what seems like everywhere, I finally found one at T.J.Maxx for only $16.99! So if you are looking - try there.

My current bra size is a 34B and I am right at 140 lbs. The size I bought was a large and should fit a C/D.

Update 11/2: Just met with the Doctor for my...

Update 11/2: Just met with the Doctor for my Pre-Op!

A few hours ago I met with my doctor for my pre-op! Now I am super excited! I took my ideal pictures along with my no-no’s. I printed them out and reviewed them with my doctor. He felt as though the 350-400cc range would be fine and would put me at a full C/small D.

Now for the fun stuff – I had a lot of questions after reviewing online stories. I can shower the day of my surgery, put lotions on (which I read I could not) and do not have to shower with anything special. I cannot put on make-up or jewelry; this makes sense. I have a list of prescriptions to go ahead and feel. I have to take a muscle relaxer before surgery which I can take with a Dixie cup amount of water. I can still tan and do not have to remove my artificial nails prior to surgery– which again, I read I had to do. All my questions were answered and I am so ready for the big day – November 15th.

Until then…..

11/16 - Yesterday was the big day! I was full of...

11/16 - Yesterday was the big day! I was full of nerves and excited at the same time. I started Sinnech for swelling and bruising the night before. At 6:30 am I took 2 muscle relaxers just like I was told. By the time we got to the office at 7:30 I was already drowsy.ha I had to change out of my clothes and put on a gown that buttons in the back - I thought that was funny - footies and a hair cap. I sat in a resting area withmy husband while the nurse told mewhat was going to happen and asked me the usual questions - when was the last time I ate, did I take my muscle relaxers, etc. Dr Leaked came back and we reviewed the pictures. He asked if he had one implant size in one breasted and another slightly larger one in the other breasted and they both looked good, would I want him to go with the larger or smaller implant. I said larger due to the fact I keep reading women always wish they went bigger. They took my husband to the waiting room and told me they were going to start giving me something to relax me in my iv. That is the last thing I remember before waking up fully dressed with my husband by my side. My chest was really tight and they instructed my husband not to give me the pain meds until we got home.

The ride home was tough, every bump hurt. Once I got my pain mere I was out for a few hours. I did not expext going to the bathroom to be so difficult. I also did not my biceps, arm pits, and fingers to ache so bad! I also did not expect to be so swollen all over from the fluids.

I have not looked at the girls YET! I am so nervous. The doc gave me to 375 cc's. As soon as I check out the girls I will post pics.

The ride home was tough. Every bump hurt. But once I got home and took the pain med, I was out for a while.

11/18 - Still really sore. It is hard for me to...

11/18 - Still really sore. It is hard for me to walk straight and I was not prepared for the bloating from the fluids and the constipation. Still really swollen also. I have two days until I see Dr Leake again. I am hoping for good feedback because right now I think I have the booby blues!

11/27 - Each day is getting a little and little...

11/27 - Each day is getting a little and little better. I have more range of motion now and am doing more and more on my own. I have stopped the pain medication and the muscle relaxers. I also started back to work yesterday. I am not back to 100% yet - I get fatigued easier and need to just relax and close my eyes every now and then.

Sleeping sucks! I hate sleeping propped up; I can not get comfortable. I wake up in the middle of the night moving pillows.

My right breast is being complicated. It dropped quicker but has stayed swollen longer! It still has that shiny look while the other doesn't. I have also had bleeding from the suture on this breast. I freaked out because I went to the grocery store on Sunday and looked down to see blood on my shirt. I move my appt up with my doctor - I was scheduled to see him this Friday but am going in today instead so I won't worry as much.

At my appointment last week, the compression bra I had was cutting into my skin and so uncomfortable. My doc does not like sports bras after BA's so he told me to go and by another bra that snaps in the front. I ended up with a Playtex 18 hr bra with soft cups, and back and posture support. I love it!

One thing I forgot to mention was my nipple on my right breast before the augmentation always looked lower. It never looked like this before having kids. I breastfed both of my children and during surgery, Dr. Leake found that this breast had lots of fiberous tissues pulling the nipple down. He corrected this! I am hopeful for a more even look once all the swelling goes down. Unfourtunately, this breast has lots more brusing and is the one I am having more issues with.

All-in-all - I have been very satisfied. I added my 1 week post op pic and will add my 2 week post op pic in a few days.

The last two weeks have been a blur! It took a...

The last two weeks have been a blur! It took a little while to get back into the swing of things once I went back to work. I am proud to report my full range of motion has returned! I can't start my messaging until next week due to the bruising my right breast had. They are softening and feel much more mine! My one regret - I should of went bigger - ha. I am hoping when I visit my doctor next week he tells me I can start bra shopping! I traded in my surgery bra for a Playtex 18 hour bra a week after the procedure...and I am ready for something a little sexier!

I haven't been given the ok to start excercising yet. I feel like I am getting a little flabby and am ready to start doing anything! I also still can not sweep or vaccum which is annoying but I understand why.

Does anyone know of a good site that shows the dropping of breast implants over time? I would like to see where I will or should be at in 2 months. I just posted my week 3 photos and will take my week 4 photos tomorrow!

I love my new boobs!