Nomoremummytummy - Manhattan, NY

So ready to do this and so nervous as well. I am...

So ready to do this and so nervous as well. I am 45 and have 2 young kids. My firstborn was a big baby at 9.5 lbs (I am a petite 5 ft 3) and left with me a lot of stretchmarks and stretched out skin. It got a little worse the second time around. I really want to get rid of all this loose, lumpy and marked skin and get back a body that I am not ashamed of. Surgery scheduled for Sept 27. Trying to stay calm and get organised. Its so helpful reading about other experiences with TT on realself.

I think I had the world's worst stretch marks and belly, was so glad to finally get rid of those after having my child at 18 and didn't have tummy tuck until I was 55, but am so glad I did it and so glad to be rid of that belly and stretch marks, best of luck to you, if you have questions or concerns just ask away someone will answer you, these gals are great on here ! Also if you get a chance check out Kimmers25 survival guide for tummy tuckers, she has so much great information
I will be watching, hope it all goes great! Can't wait to see some pics!
Good luck!!!
Mine is the same day! I will be thinking of you! Wish you the best lucks!
Good luck and best wishes
Good luck to you on the big day! It'll be over in a blink! Congrats on making it happen :)
Best of luck!!!!:-)
Try to relax and not worry about the procedure. It is not that bad. You will have initial pain, soreness and incisional, but you will be prescribed medication for that. I had to sleep in a recliner for the first 4 nights and to avoid putting pressure on the suture line, and I needed a little help getting up and down for a few days but after two weeks I was on plain Tylenol for the discomfort and after three weeks I didn't need any medication. You may have a drain, but that comes out about the same time your sutures are removed and after 4 to 6 weeks you will be pretty much recovered. You may still have some residual swelling but that will eventually go away. You will be so glad you did this. Just looking at your new body will make you feel good. Also your husband will love it. Good luck, you will never regret this investment in yourself and reclaiming your body.
Wishing you luck!