Tummy tuck, MR, lipo of the flanks

To start out, I have wanted to have a TT for a...

To start out, I have wanted to have a TT for a long time now. I've been trying to find a way that I could possibly afford to have it done. I recently came across Lenox hill hospital plastic surgery clinic and had a consultation on thurs aug 1 st. They quoted me a fee of $4900, which I feel is doable in a few months. the only problem is the residents rotate every 3 months, so the doctor i saw, will only be there until the end of september and i was planning on having surgery in december. I am not sure if i should try and arrange it so i can have surgey sooner or just wait . I am a 39 year old mother of 2 boys(7 & 18). I had my oldest when I was only 21 and only weighed 105 lbs when I got pregnant. I gained 60 lbs and it destroyed my stomach. I lost all the weight fairly quickly and was left with a lot of hanging skin and stretch marks( stretch marks don't really bother me) . It's the skin that bunches up in my clothes that I can't stand. My second pregnancy just added to the extra skin, gained 60 lbs with him also. Just do really want to do this , but not sure if I am ready to do it in a few weeks. It's hard for me to take 4 weeks off from work and don't want to rush my recovery.

Pre op pics

Finally happening

I went to NYEE and met with dr. Curran. He is a fellow at NYEE .I felt comfortable with him and I have set a date. Dec 3 rd. I an so excited, but nervous at the same time. It's hard to believe that is going to really happen in just 2 weeks. I have to go for blood work and clearance from my PCP. Hope that all goes well.

Is it normal ???

One minute I am excited, the next worried about not being able to handle the recovery. I have read that some people feel so tight and feel like they can't breathe. I have anxiety to begin with and I feel that way, I might have a panic attack. Which I'm sure would be worse after just having a tummy tuck. I really want a new belly, but can't help thinking maybe this surgery just isn't right for me. Anyone have feeling like this ?

Pre-op

Pre-op and consent done!! It's getting real, only 6 more days. I wish it was tomorrow so I could stop worrying. I still have feelings that I'm not sure if I should go through with it. I want it so bad. The thing that scares me the most is the tightness and having the feeling of not being able to breathe. I hope I can handle it and don't end up having a panic attack.

4 days

I still have so much to do to get ready for surgery. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping, going to try and wrap everything I have so far. Today I am going to clean my house and get all the laundry done, hopefully lol . Tomorrow I am going to cook and freeze meals so my kids can just heat dinner. Then 2 more days of work. I feel pretty calm today. I guess we will see how long that lasts. Happy healing to everyone !!!!

More pictures

Less than 24 hours

I'm getting excited that I'm about to start this journey of healing . But so scared at the same time . Tommorw at this time I will be in recovery . I just pray I can handle all that comes with this !!!

Made it

I'm in the hospital, morphine is my friend. Pic of markings . I'll update in the morning. Very tight and sone pain.

Day of surgery

Had my surgery today @2. Up in my room now. In some pain even with the morphine. . Went for a walk down the Hal. That wasn't horrible . No one was allowed to stay with me . Just praying everything goes well. Good luck to anyone who has surgery tomorrow

Post op pic

Healing

The first days are definitely rough. The drains are not painful as of yet, just an annoyance. Milking them feels strange. One of them is not draining much , but the other snot 30 cc every 8 hours or so. The binder is tight and uncomfortable , doc took off and said I could leave it off for an hour, but I felt better with it on, so he changed my dressings and put it back on. I go back on the 9th to have them checked. Hopefully they will come out. I'm taking Vicodin and Advil for the pain. This is not fun. But when I look at the pics, I realize it will be well worth it

3 days post op

Took a shower today, wasn't as bad as I anticipated . Going to sit down now for a little bit . I do feel a little better today!! Last night was not good, couldn't sleep and started feeling depressed . Think it's just lack of sleep . Hopefully I can sleep a little today and maybe eat a little real food. Took a quick pic. Don't mind the boobies.

Drains out

Went for first post op appointment , drains are out. Didn't hurt at all. Feels good to have them gone!!! Doctor said I look great . Still can't do much until I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm so bored!!! Hope everything keeps going well. Only real problem is I am constipated and nauseous. Going to get some mom!!!! Hope that helps . Happy healing to everyone!!!!! Going to take some pics later when I take a shower.

Photo 6 days post op

Before pic

8 days post op pics

Just a few pics. , I finally got my husband to look long enough to take the pictures . He's a little freaked out by the scar.

Swollen

I am so swollen, I feel like my belly could pop. I thought I could do a little shopping today. A little turned into 5 hours . Not the greatest idea. I now have packages thrown all over my living room and I can't pick them up. My husband has been at work since 6 am and is not going to be very excited to help me put them away when he gets home . Oh well at least I got most of what I needed for Christmas. Now to lay on the couch and watch Elf with my son. Hopefully by tomorrow my swelling will go down a little

Tightness

The tightness and not being able to stand up straight is getting to me. I know tightness is a good thing . Right now, not liking it so much . How long is this going to last? Is it ever actually going to feel normal again?'

Pic

Didn't upload

Looking @ pictures

I love thus pic

Almost 3 weeks

It's almost 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. I went back to work last week and I was sore, but it wasn't too bad. I have been driving, shopping and getting ready for Christmas. I am pretty much doing what I did before surgery , except for lifting and heavy cleaning. I'm swollen and tight still, but it is getting better day by day. I am sleeping on my stomach. I do notice I don't move around while sleeping and wake up very stiff. I think from sleeping in the same spot all night. I haven't been taking any Advil or Tylenol. I have little zingers every once in a while. But no pain. I will post new pics after I take a shower. Hope everyone is healing well!!!!

3 week pics