Smartlipo on my Abdomen and Flanks - Well Worth It

Hello all!!! I am 5'3", 140lbs (pre-op), and...

Hello all!!! I am 5'3", 140lbs (pre-op), and 22 years old. I am also an ICU Registered Nurse. Like most of you I had an extremely difficult time getting rid of my love handles and the small amount of fat I had in my anterior abdomen despite how healthy I ate and how much I exercised, so I became empowered to get up and DO SOMETHING about it. I had Smartlipo touch up done on my abdomen, flanks, and upper back fat on Tuesday, 1/26/10 and boy am I AMAZED!!! I am post op 2 days and my belly is flat like a pancake and I look like a model with curves of course, not your typical tall and ultra skinny model..YUCK!! I love my thick thighs, my hips, and my small round butt because it goes perfectly with my new flat tummy to give me that true "hourglass" shape that every woman desires. I LOVE IT!!!

My situation is a little different however in that I had Smartlipo done once before in the same areas minus the back fat (I didn't have back fat then) when I was 20 years old back in June of 2008 and I maintained the results for about a year in which I had the same excellent results I have now. But then I started screwing up big time beginning October 2009 when I began working. Given that I work 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week, it was impossible to exercise on the days I worked because the days are long and exhausting. I'm gone for 14 hours at a time factoring in commute time. (ask any RN and they'll tell you the same thing) But I love my profession/career nevertheless and have a strong passion for what I do so it's all worth it. Of course on my days off, I wanted to catch up on my rest, run errands, and take care of business. I began eating on the go and consuming all kinds of junk foods and fatty foods, you name it, I ate it. I also stopped exercising because I had no time. The end result, I gained 15 lbs in 4 months, approximately 4 lbs a month. I haven't weighed myself since I had the procedure done but pre-op I was 140 lbs. I'm sure I weigh less now. I would like to lose just 10 lbs which isn't much at all. I don't want to look skinny but I also don't want any extra weight on me hanging around putting stress on my internal organs.

I feel like I got a second chance and this time, I am maintaining these results FOR LIFE. I have given up all of the junk and consume ONLY healthy foods. If it's not good for my body, I DON'T WANT IT. Period. Very Simply. I have to treat myself well and body well so I can continue to treat my patients well. Every time I pass by a Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's, Red Lobster, any fast food restaurant, or any time I am offered the SLIGHTEST unhealthy food/snack (mac and cheese, baked ziti, lasagna, cookies, cake, ice cream, pie, brownies, chips, candy etc), I am not even phased by it because I instantly remember my before photos and remember what I looked like just 2 days ago and how unhappy I was. I also think about the amount of money I spent and how counterproductive it would be and how much of a waste it would be if I were to consume those foods. I am on point with my diet, strong willed, motivated, and very determined. My belly will NEVER look the way it looked in my before photos ever again.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post or e-mail me any questions regarding the procedure itself, pre-op, intra op, post op, the recovery phase, whatever it is and I will gladly answer them. Have a good one!! I certainly will!!!

2/9/10 -  UPDATEI!! I went to my MD for...

2/9/10 -  UPDATEI!! I went to my MD for my two week post op follow up appointment but when I saw him, it was 17 days to  be exact. He and his staff were truly amazed and couldn't believe how great I looked. They were so excited and happy for me. They took pictures and weighed me. I lost 7 pounds and I am now 133 pounds, and the funny thing is that I'm still a little swollen. I can't believe I lost 7 pounds within the first two weeks following the procedure. I was ecstatic. I definitely felt lighter and looked smaller but didn't know I lost that much already given that I still had swelling. All I've done is change my diet. I haven't even started working out yet so can you imagine when all of the swelling is gone, when I do start working out again, and me continuing with my healthy eating, I'll lose even more pounds and be even smaller than I am now.  I'm definitely keeping it up!! I am so proud of myself that I have been so strong and focused. I feel great and I am highly motivated. I am loving my lifestyle change. I will be sure to post pics when I get a chance :)

2/26/10 -  UPDATE!!! Like I promised, the new...

2/26/10 -  UPDATE!!! Like I promised, the new pics are here!! The 9 new pics were taken yesterday 2/25/10 prior to me working out. (i know, that's a really random time to take pics, right? lol) Today makes exactly 1 month since I got my procedure done. I am very pleased and ecstatic about my results. I am sexier than ever AND LOVING IT!! As you can see, my belly is flat like a pancake, the swelling is gone, my abs have great definition, and my belly is sculpted all over. By the way, I'm still massaging my belly everyday twice a day for 20 minutes each time and I still wear my compression garment at night only. I've already lost 7 pounds within 2 weeks post-op and I have 8 more pounds to lose which will shed quickly now that I've started working out again. I am now 133 pounds and I'm excited about getting back to 125 pounds which was my original weight the very first time I had the procedure done back in 2008.

New York Ophthalmologist

He was very professional, very knowledgeable, and attentive to me and my needs. He answered all of my questions, explained everything to me in detail and genuinely took the time to listen to me. I was well taken care of. No complaints :~)

were you not allowed to shave or something?
Love your results! I just had mine done 1 week ago but having a little hardness in lower abs especially...Did you do any sort of lymphatic massage? or did you experience any hardening of your stomach and how did you deal with it?
Hi great results , is this the lipo when your up through out the surgery ?
Hey missy, if you are still around do you have any updates? Thanks in advance. Mine is still holding up great but I now I want cool sculpting done on my love handles! LOL :)
What doctor did you use? He did a wonderful job and you look amazing.. Thanks, J
hi, you look great, cant u plz give me the name and # of ur doc? thank u
hihi, you look amazing!! i went to the evaculation last friday in Dr. P's office, he is very nice and professional. Can i ask you how initially you picked Dr. P as your doctor?? Did you consult with other doctors also before you made the decision? thank you very much!!
you look amazing hunny, u look better in each shot!!! x
Hey HK02!! I used nothing but my fingertips, pressing deep into my abdomen with circular motions for 15-20 minutes a day once in the morning and once at night. It will be very painful just to let you know but becomes better and tolerable the more you do it and with time. By 2 months, all of those hard lumps will be gone. But all you need is your fingertips hun lol!! I got your other message but didn't get to reply to it but I will, I promise!! I didn't forget. Work is kickin my ass with these 12-14 hour days lol.

Hey Italy44!! Thank You!! The compression garment my MD uses is from a company called HK Surgical. They have a website where you can find the same garment. It has two straps that go over your shoulders sort of like bra straps. The crotch area is left open so that you don't have to take off the garment to urinate. Now for #2, you will have to take it off or else you may have a little accident...lol. I believe they have them in white and black. He gave me a black one. It's best to get a black one, which is better. Good luck with everything!!

hey RN - thanks for your patience and guidance, your words really helped me a LOT. I'm very thankful and appreciative for your response! I'll continue to be patient - I've definitely been itching to get really active in the gym (I started working out on day 2 after the surgery) but so far the most i can do is light jogging. I notice sometimes that the hard lumps are outrageous! Just very massive and hard, usually after a long day of work. Usually they are better on my days off. Anyway, thanks again and I'll let you know how things go! You inspire me!
Hey RN :) Quick question, what did you use to massage your tummy? I just got back from seeing Dr. P and he said to begin light massaging now...I forgot to ask what to use for the massage.
Hey Sharonieee!! Thank you for the compliment!! All that you're experiencing right now is quite normal. The swelling starts on day 3 and you remain swollen for approximately 2 months before it's all gone. The hard lumps start developing between days 8-10 (for me). And my belly was also very numb. It also took about 2 months for the hard lumps to go away and 1 month for the numbness. Make sure you wear the compression garment for about a month 24 hours a day, it's a pain but it's helps greatly with the swelling. Massaging the abdomen deeply using your fingertips and using circular motions gets rid of the hard lumps that form. I did that for 15-20 minutes a day twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Also, exercising regularly, eating right, and drinking lots of water all play a major role. I'm now at 2 months post op and all the swelling and hard lumps are gone. I'm so happy!! I don't have to massage anymore, thank God. (It gets annoying after a while lol) And I noticed my belly got even tighter and smaller. It just continues to shrink. So don't lose patience or hope. Both are absolutely necessary. Just make sure you do those things religiously otherwise the hard lumps will remain and it will take longer for the swelling to go down. But definitely do give it time. And you are welcome, anytime. Glad to help!!
hi!! great results! i enjoyed reading your story as well as the very informative answers you have given. i also had lipo done and had to stop using the garment the MD gave me since i didnt feel that it was giving me enough support and i also needed something to cover my back. im using slim cognito now by spanx and it seems to be doing well. very comfortable too. just wanted to know what you use in case there was something better out there. thanks again!
Hey RN! You look ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC - I can't believe what amazing results you got! I kind of have your body type and just got the lipo on my upper/lower abdomen, flanks, and back. Day2 I was noticeably thinner and I was thrilled, but from days 3-7 (now) I feel like I'm swollen to my current size and have these hard lumps and spots, and feel numb in a lot of areas. Did that happen to you? I know I'm impatient and probably just need to relax and wait, but I just wanted to know from your experience whether you swelled up and how long it took to go down/get to your current fabulous results. Thanks!
I am feeling very sore but its so worth it! I can't wait to see the swelling go down! I am 5'3 125 lbs. I just wrote my review with lots of pics! ;) Thanks for posting your review and helping me find Dr Pakeman :)
Hey honeybee78!! You are very very welcome!! I am so happy that you went to him. He's wonderful!! And I did see your review and pics, absolutely love it!! I dropped a post on your page, and I also sent you a private message in response to your questions. Let me know if you got the private message. Talk to you soon darling!! Muah!!
Hey there Fabulous Nerd!! Glad I was able to help. How are feeling? I'm sure you look great and you are just thrilled with your results!!What are your stats (height/weight) by the way? From your pic, you look like you have a small frame so I'm confident your abs look amazing. Congratulations!! I'm glad I was able to help and glad that you chose my MD. He's the best!! Feel free to drop a post if you have any questions!! :~)
Hey Toneal21, thanks!! If you need more information on my MD, let me know. But he's great!! You'll love him and not to mention the great results yoi'll get. Good luck with everything!!
Hey everyone, I just had my lipo done a few hours ago! I cant wait to go in tomorrow and see the results!
Wow, girl you are healing very good! I might need to make a trip up there if my touch up results dont come out as expected! I just posted updates on my touch up.
OMG, loved Dr. Pakeman! I'm getting my LIPO tomorrow! I can't wait!!!
Wooo Hooo! I just made my appointment for a consultation! I'm so excited! Thanks for your review!
Thank you for sharing your story. I have been thinking about Smart Lipo. I was concerned about the bruising and scaring on black skin. Your result look great and I'm in the exact same boat.
You're welcome!! No problem, at all. Girl, you don't have to worry. You will not scar or bruise AT ALL, I can assure you that because of our dark skin. That's one thing you don't have to be concerned about. Good luck with your decision and best wishes!! If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop a line!!