Latisse - After 4 Weeks of Use - Manhattan, NY

Started using Latisse last week of January...

Started using Latisse last week of January.

First week mild redness in eyes that disappeared the following week.  2nd week threw out the applicators and started using a fine eyeliner brush.  Note the biggest con about this product is only the applicators provided by Allergan.  They are in my opinion, akin to using a scratchy paintbrush on your eyes and causes product loss.  3rd week starting to notice eyelash growth ie tiny eyelashes sprouting and existing lashes growing longer. Skip to 4th week and I can retire my eyelash curler since my outer lashes have gotten longer and have a beautiful upward curl.

Biggest Pro: It works. Very easy to use as I apply early in the morning, flip the Latisse cap over put a drop or two in the cap and carefully apply along my lash line with my eyeliner brush.  Clean off my brush. That takes 2 minutes in the morning so it's not alot of work.

Biggest con: The Applicators which I don't recommend unless you want to waste a very expensive product. I also found the applicators caused more run-off into my eyes that first week of use.  The product lasts longer when you have better control with a high-end eyeliner brush.  So for me, the applicators go in the garbage!

My reply to any fears of contamination by reusing an eyeliner brush is well everyday I use black eyeliner, black mascara and eyeshadow.  Hello ladies,  we are not cleaning those brushs everyday so since I wasn't born yesterday I will keep my eyeliner brush and save on product loss.

UPDATE 8 Weeks:  Lashes are really long and...

UPDATE 8 Weeks:  Lashes are really long and thicker.  I also have more eyelashes now on my upper lid which is adding to the thickness. I am not applying to my lower lashes but the product must be seeping onto them because they are longer.  Also, one area where I pulled out a few eyelashes to an eyelash curler mishap years ago are growing back in which is amazing.  On that note, saw my Doc and some patients using on eyebrows are actually seeing re-growth after years of over plucking or thinning.  Still no change in eyecolor or skin color changes..

Ask any doctor and they will tell you Bimatoprost is EXACTLY the same product as Latisse. The ONLY difference is the marketing for the product and boy are women falling for the high $$! You can purchase Bimatoprost online for about $45.
I have been using latisse for about two weeks and i already notice little eyelashes growing on my upper eyelids,... so I am so looking forward to 4 weeks of using this product!! I did experience dry eyes and itching at first but it has gone away also noticed darkening of my eyelid. I started using a eyeliner brush to apply the latisse and its so much better! The darkening of my eyelids has gone away and i am not sure if its because of the switching of applicator? I use one drop for both eyes and still have extra on the brush. (highly recommend!!) I do have a question for someone who has been using this for a long period of time... do you have to continue using this forever to keep the length of your lashes or ones you have reached 16 weeks can you stop??
I also got a bottle of Latisse and had same problem with the aplicators as everyone reports here, but my biggest problem was with pricing .. The generic name of Latisse is Bimatoprost and I reserched it on google and found a website called 4rx.com that has Bimatoprost 3ml for about 35$ and aplicator is included.. I placed my order and 2 weeks latter got a bottle made in India that works exacly as the original Latisse. As far as the aplicator is even better than the ones coming with the Latisse bottle. I use now the solution every 2-3 days and my lashes are spectacular I get complimented all the time. Just my 2c
Please forward the online pharmacy that does not require private prescriptions. Does any online pharmacy offer prescription service? I'm in USA. MY research shows online overseas pharmacys will only accept Dr prescriptions, I did buy latisse form a friend that runs a salon but she sells it , she will not give me prescription to buy from a competitor. I love Latisse and my lashes never looked this good, I just want a cheaper supply than $120 bottle Thanks in advance
Wow...Lumigan really worked for me. Little or no redness, no skin color change, or eye color change. However, some slight itching was present. It has been five months, and my lashes are definately longer, fuller, and thicker. Now, I only uses the product every three days, and the lashes are still wonderful. I use a drop for both eyes, top and bottom! I also only use my liner brush for Lumigan, and put the fluid in a clean small container, to avoid contaminating this fluid! Love that Lumigan!
I filled my prescription for Latisse yesterday & used it before going to bed. My eyelids are rather dry but I can live with that for longer eyelashes! The applicators that come with the product are beyond rubbish. I'm with other ladies here on using a clean eyeliner brush instead. You use a lot less product & there's not much if any chance of it getting into your eyes. I find that 1 drop into the product cap is actually still too way much. I'm going to see if I can just squeeze out less.........if that's possible. I'm really looking forward to nice long lashes, mine are VERY short & I have NO bottom eyelashes & a few hairs where my eyebrows should be.
Agree, the applicator brushes are horrible. Plus you really don't need to use one drop per eyelid. It's a way so you'll run out of it quicker. I have my bottle from Revitalash, I put less than one drop in the Latisse top and dip the brush in it.
Nip -- where does one get Lumigan? Don't you need to have glaucoma to get a prescription?

We get it at Alldaychemist (online) no prescription required.

You'd better go and read the whole Lumigan review and thread here on this site, entitled 'I use off label Lumigan because it's cheaper'.

I felt NO moistness while using the applicators that came with it. So i started to use my Q- tips. I was curious to whether or not my lashes would grow even quicker if i also applied in the A.m??
No litttle ma ma. Don't apply it twice a day. Once a day is more than enough. This is a strong drug you have here, with potential side effects (which I'm assuming you're aware of, and if not say so and I'll supply info.). I suspect that twice a day would act as too much of an irritant - and be counter-productive in the end. Q tips are used and liked by some people - and others prefer a fine tipped eyeliner/lipliner brush. Less waste perhaps? Please be careful, and try to be patient. I know it's hard to wait, and I'm still waiting here for definite results (just starting 3rd week now). It can take 8 weeks plus to see anything obvious - but you could well get there quicker than that! I do know that overuse can lead to sore red eyes in the short term - and that might put you off using it for a while - and so delay your progress unneccessarily! Good luck, whatever you decide to do...
I really like an eyeliner brush because it is very fine and doesn't waste a precious drop. It can draw the Latisse in a line right down at the base of the lashes without smearing any on the eyelid skin. I am pinching my pennies this way, too. I don't have $120 to throw around.
Alabamagal, I don't have $120 to waste either - which is why I went for the Lumigan (same thing) instead at $12 a 3ml vial!!
This is my ery first evenig using Latisse and I can see the applicators are terrible!! I have washed and reused the very fine tipped brush that was provided in the Lilash tube I used before obtaining Latisse. One could trim the Latisse applicators down to size (leaving countable 'hairs' on the brush with which to apply the Latisse) that said it would negate the sterile condition of the brush... however to the point of a previous post - we reuse eyeliner etc brushes on a daily basis. If one has an eye issue, of course do not cross contaminate tothe other - that is just common sense. I hope my reviews are as glowing as many of these. I have used Enormous Lash and Lilash with very good results prior to this. I trust this may be the Gold Standard that all will be judged by...
Awww - thanks Nipchick, right back at'cha! Bats soon to be luxurious lashes :->
I have been using Lilash for 4.5 weeks and am not seeing much of a difference. Lashes my be slightly longer and seem to hold curl better but I changed mascara at the same time, so not sure. How long did it take you to see REAL results on the Lilash? I've read lots of testimonials but haven't seen many before-and-afters like on the Latisse sight. Thanks!
Would a primary care Dr prescribe, or is this presciption from an eye Dr?
I obtained my script through a Dermatologist. Go to the Latisse website as it has a link that finds Drs in your area that will script for it.
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that has trouble with those applicators. The idea of putting it on the lshes and letting it wick down is interesting. Someone on another thread suggested putting a drop of the product on a sterile surface and dipping your (clean, Lattise-or-Lumigan-only eyeliner brush into it. I have blue eyes and am a bit fearful of brown spots, so I do my best to keep the stuff out of my eyes.
is it common to get the Latisse in your eyes? If so, have you seen the side effect of color change of your eyes?
If you use the Allergan applicators you are guaranteed to get excessive run-off. I use my own eyeliner brush for precision. Applying to your outer lash line first and running inward also avoids this as well. Afterwards, I use a tissue to absorb any product that may get into my eyes (tear duct area). No matter how careful the daily application some of it will get into your eyes, which is why I try to mitigate as best I can. I have light brown eyes and after 6wks no specks or change in eye color. I am scheduled for a check-up in April so my Doctor will also check to make sure my eye color is not changing. The most noticeable result from 4 to 6wks is the length followed by thickness.. it is working beyond my expectations.
I have read that Lumigan drops are more concentrated Lattisee. I am with Andi, I don't want to go cheap with my eyes. I don't like the applicators either. The bristles are so stiff that product spatters as you run it along your lash lines. Not only do you use more product but you get more in your eyes. My doctor's PC gave me more conservative directions for application than is on the package. She said to only paint it on the tips of my top eyelashes and overnight it will wick down the lash and get to the root. It has been over a month and I have been taking pictures. It is difficult to see progress with the photos but I see progress in the mirror. Also I had a bald spot on my eyebrow and I put a swipe there which is off label and the bald spot has filled in with short black hair. My daughter has a bald spot on her eyebrow because I did not insist on a plastic surgeon to stitch up her eyebrow when she was three. I let a Physcians Assistant do it. I have to forgive myself for that. Once another kid said her eyebrow looked like a boomer rang. She wants to try it on her brow but I want to be sure.
I am well aware of Lumigan's off label use & finding it cheaper from a foreign mail order pharmacy. To be honest, I am not comfortable going cheap on my eyes. Nor will I go without my NYC Doctor diligently checking my progress monthly, for any potential side effects, while on Latisse. Thanks for your comment but I take a conservative stance when it comes to a product that is now going mass market.
lumigan is the same thing as latisee AND there is a generic version of that that starts with a B..I think it's bimaportrol...something close to that. It's the same thing and they found out latisse grew lashes...via using them as eydrops. These are the drops. Google it. You can get them for about 30 bucks per month No difference! Same ingredients!
There is NO generic equivalent to Latisse or Lumigan....the active ingredient is bimatoprost which is not generic. If someone is telling you that, they are lying.